Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

KingMob posted:

Oath Complete!

Mortarion was one hell of a challenge and I'm glad he's done. Now for the remaining pile of Death Guard...

Well done! That model looks like an utter nightmare to tackle. Yours looks easier on the eye than the GW version too, I can actually look at this and parse it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
Thanks! I agree that the studio scheme for Morty looks oddly washed out. I wanted mine to have some higher contrast.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

Claiming Jurnal for all the spooky skulls littering the ground!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath complete

I only did this one guy because I'm run ragged with halloween costumes for the family, but I got him done:

Claiming the jurnal for him being a skeleton man.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!

Jurnul! for the head and grave on this guys base!

And with these four models done, I have complete all of the base set of the Dark Souls Kickstarter!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I sure wish I could get better at taking pictures, but...
Oath complete!

Claiming the Journal for the spooky alien werewolves!

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath complete!

Have realised I much prefer painting infinity in small batches. Still, that's the line troops done and out of the way.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Oath complete for the Infinity triple play.

Claiming jurnal for the skull paint.

I hate this color scheme, I hate how the skull turned out, and I hate that I was too busy to go back and fix this thing. But :effort:

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

The skull combined with the shape of the helmet makes me think of Turians from Mass Effect.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

OATH COMPLETED

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath these things for October!

Hemlocke and Minx, from Steamforged Games Guild Ball, 30mm

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Complete.

It's been complete for days, I just keep forgetting to take the pictures off the camera.

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.
Oath Complete!

Bad Decision Dino posted:

After getting back off the wagon again a while ago, I'm excited to get painting on some tiny space barbies.
I, Bad Decision Dino, oath to paint one Death Korps of Krieg Junior Officer (28mm Forgeworld) for October

(I took the picture a few days ago and forgot to post it, hope that's okay.)

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming Journal for.. everything, pretty much.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Failed

Really not feeling it this month.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Geisladisk posted:

I, Geisladisk, being of sound mind and body, Oath for October:

18 assorted tanks, trucks and halftracks
8 assorted cannons and crew.

All are from Pendraken, and 10mm scale.

OATH COMPLETE!

I even got carried away and accidentally did an extra anti-tank gun.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
That li'l Jack-o-Lantern dude on the end is DOPE!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I leave for a few days and the thread goes nuts :D

Raphus C posted:

I Raphus C oath 6 Stormboyz (GW 28mm) for October:

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint two (2) Draugr, Malifaux, Wyrd Games

We'll see how this goes, might add some more if these go fast!

Booley posted:

I, Booley, oath a Terminator Chaplain and Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost, both from GW

wdarkk posted:

I, wdarkk, Oath 3 UCM cruisers, 1 UCM battlecruiser, and 3 PHR launch bays. All Hawk Wargames Dropfleet Commander.

Red Shoe posted:

For October I oath: A Nurgle Champion and Knauf
Games Workshop and Corvus Belli

Floppychop posted:

I've painted some stuff this month, but completely forgot to Oath something.

So now, I, Floppychop, oath to paint one Space Marine Reiver by Games Workshop for October

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo, Oath this little scene I whipped up for a local painting thing. It has one Frostgrave Werewolf, one Reaper Werewolf Familiar, and six Reaper pumpkins (or casts of them at least), all 28mm. :spooky:

Bad Decision Dino posted:

After getting back off the wagon again a while ago, I'm excited to get painting on some tiny space barbies.
I, Bad Decision Dino, oath to paint one Death Korps of Krieg Junior Officer (28mm Forgeworld) for October

(I took the picture a few days ago and forgot to post it, hope that's okay.)

The Moon Monster posted:

I, The Moon Monster, oath to paint two Kukulkani Honored Dead (32mm Dark Age) for October

I always love well done space-hexagons :stwoon:

Approved!

:siren: About 11 hours left to go for October! No Daylight Savings in American Samoa :siren:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath Complete

I feel pretty good about this.

Vallejo's Signal Blue is kind of weird to work with, it becomes super-dark if I mess up in any way.

Most of those ships have their weapon or troopship bay magnetized on.

I didn't forget the hanger modules.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath complete:

Loads of skulls on Orks, but I gave this one a face mask as well.

Take one for the team as this is a bunch of Boyz.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete!

Claiming Jurnal because uhh they have an awful lot of skulls. So many skulls.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Oath Complete!

Claiming Jurnal because they are literal demons from actual Hell. Also claiming spic and span.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint two (2) Draugr, Malifaux, Wyrd Games

We'll see how this goes, might add some more if these go fast!

OATH COMPLETE!

These guys are not very exciting. On the one hand, that's too bad, but on the other hand, that's kind of the goal for my Ressurectionists.

Claiming Jurnal For painting undead zombie duders :D

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
:spooky: Oaf Complete A little homemade wolf and pup diorama, with Jurnal claimed for pumpkins. Why pumpkins? Well papa wolf needs more fibre in his adventurer-heavy diet.

Assembled

Separate for D&D

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
:skeltal: Oath Complete! :skeltal:

Claiming the Jurnal for spooOOOooky vampires! (Full album is here.)

Stay Awhile and Listen: (Optional musical accompaniment: one, two)

:drac: My Brides, attend me! I repair now to London, as a conquering fiend! You shall maintain this castle and keep my Szgany subjects in line during my absence. We shall feast of innocent blood upon my return!

:sparkles: Yeah, about that.... We've decided we're going freelance.

:drac: Freelance? What rahat is this? You are my Brides!

:sparkles: I wish we were your brides, so we could divorce your dead rear end. We know you're just chasing after some other chippie in London, and if you think we're going to set up another bedchamber for her--

:drac: What business is it of yours what I do in my spare time? I raised you from death into glorious un-life! Jealousy does not become the Nosferatu!

:sparkles: We're not jealous. You're not satisfying enough to make us jealous. We're fed up, is what we are. You control our every move, you never let us go out on our own. You feed us babies, ferchrissake. Gross. And these clothes--Mircalla, what did you say about the empire waistline?

;-* That it's a crime against fashion and makes women look like chess pawns?

:sparkles: Thank you. These flimsy gowns are just embarrassing. If you'd give us a reasonable stipend, so we could buy some outfits that are a little more en vogue, maybe we could do our own hunting for a change. You know, pull our weight around here.

:drac: Your own hunting?! Nebunie! I forbid this! We must maintain the secrecy of our unholy nature!

:sparkles: Which is exactly what we're talking about. We could blend in, be stealthy, hunt in secret. But to hide in plain sight--like you're somehow able to do, in your outlandish getup--we need to look like normal modern human women. Not frickin' Ligeia. And it would be nice to know you trusted us enough to handle ourselves. We're not stupid, you know.

:j: You know what? I bet we'd really clean up in America.

:drac: What?!

:sparkles: Yeah, good thinking, Erszebet! They've got that whole frontier, haven't they? They're not shrinking violets out West--the women need to be tough as nails to make it out there. Plus, there's wild animals, wolves, pumas, all sorts of creatures to cover the fang marks on our victims....

:drac: This is madness! Who has put such prosteşti ideas in your heads? I forbid you to speak further of this!

:sparkles: See, there's that word again. "Forbid." Well, I've got news for you, your undead majesty: We don't need you to forbid us from exercising our free will any longer. We've been reading our Brontë sisters, our George Eliot, our Mary Wollstonecraft--we've been putting ideas into our own heads, and the idea we have brewing right now is "Let's ditch this entitled, dead-from-the-neck-up jerk and go our own way." So this is how it's going to be: We're going to snack on that scrawny Englishman you've got chained up in the tower; we're going to hock some of these hoary old antiques for spending money; and we're going to hop the night train out of Bucharest.

:drac: SILENCE! Enough of this useless talk of womanly independence. You will remain in this castle, and you will obey my--wait, where are you going? Stop! Come back! I command you to stop! You cannot walk away from me! I am DRACÚL!!!

:sparkles: Oh, cram it, Vlad. Let's go, ladies.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Gargunza posted:

:skeltal: Oath Complete! :skeltal:

Send some of the finished pics to Annie on twitter, she'd get a real kick out of them :drac:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

For the first time in ages, I am declaring oath failed :negative: I oathed too much, and it turned into one of those months

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Claiming jurnal for the spoopy ghosts surrounded by more spoopy ghosts.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
I've just got ahold of my lightbox, is it ok if I update the photos for this month's oath?

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Zark the Damned posted:

:siren: About 11 hours left to go for October! No Daylight Savings in American Samoa :siren:

OH poo poo! I did not know this and counted on it! Luckily I just finished my stuff.

Claiming journal for the spooky scary bonewizard and zombie woofs.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

glitchkrieg posted:

I, glitchkrieg, oath these three plastic GW Chaos Marines

Mainly so I can practice how to use this new airbrush I've bought.

glitchkrieg posted:

Additional oath!

I, glitchkrieg, oath these miniatures for October:

• GW Dark Elf Assassin
  • GW Blue Horror
  • Reaper Talbot, Thief

Need to finish off my bases but OATH COMPLETE

Claiming Need 4 Speed for the Blue Horror:

glitchkrieg posted:

Just posting this for the 24 hour challenge thing.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, according to the World Time site it's officially November in American Samoa so :siren: October is over! :siren:

On to November:

quote:

November - Always take the weather with you
Add some environmental effects to your figure. Maybe they’ve been driving through a dust cloud, crawling through muddy trenches or have been soaked by a rain storm. Alternatively, paint something that looks old and weathered such as a rusty machine or a statue covered in verdigris.

I'll try catch up with remaining spreadsheet updates tonight.

KingMob
Feb 12, 2004
Et In Arcadia Ego
I, KingMob, Oath for November

Plague Surgeon, Noxious Blightbringer and Malignant Plaguecaster. 28mm GW.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Oath failed! I got about 80% done but it just took longer than I thought it would. Oh well, lots of nice stuff submitted by you lot!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for the month of November 2017 these four (4) 28mm Project Genesis soldiers, from Empress Miniatures.

Been out of the game too long, gotta get back in.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I, Grey Hunter Oath 96 Theurophoros, 96 Thracian Peltasts, 45 Cataphracts and 15 generals. in 6mm by Baccaus miniatures

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 1, 2017

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

KingMob posted:

I, KingMob, Oath for November

Plague Surgeon, Noxious Blightbringer and Malignant Plaguecaster. 28mm GW.

Yvonmukluk posted:

I, Yvonmukluk, Oath for the month of November 2017 these four (4) 28mm Project Genesis soldiers, from Empress Miniatures.

Been out of the game too long, gotta get back in.

Grey Hunter posted:

I, Grey Hunter Oath 96 Theurophoros, 96 Thracian Peltasts, 45 Cataphracts and 15 generals. in 6mm by Baccaus miniatures

Approved!

Chiwie posted:

I've just got ahold of my lightbox, is it ok if I update the photos for this month's oath?

Sure, go ahead.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I oath one Hooded Rider. This is a model from Malifaux's Neverborn faction by Wyrd Games.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!
I, Chiwie, oath 1 Space Marine Relic Contemptor Dreadnought by GW and Forgeworld 28mm.

Gunning for Rescue Ranger on this fella. He has been base coated for about 4+ years now.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for November 2017:

3 Shipping Containers, GW, 28mm

Will probably oath more later depending on how these go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Galleries Updated! - August to October are now present - https://saoathgalleries.imgur.com/ - I'll submit them for judging next weekend so you have until then to doubvle check your stuff is there. As a reminder, only pictures with your name on are accepted into the gallery! We've had a bunch of nice minis not go in because there was no name.

Also this is a good chance to double check the spreadsheet in case I missed something - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FkoqQIImwPSBPqSCI2TlvAaBPLNgRxpjBZP7V_tgXzI/edit#gid=20

---

Pyrolocutus posted:

I oath one Hooded Rider. This is a model from Malifaux's Neverborn faction by Wyrd Games.

Zark the Damned posted:

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following for November 2017:

3 Shipping Containers, GW, 28mm

Will probably oath more later depending on how these go.

Approved!

Chiwie posted:

I, Chiwie, oath 1 Space Marine Relic Contemptor Dreadnought by GW and Forgeworld 28mm.

Gunning for Rescue Ranger on this fella. He has been base coated for about 4+ years now.

Rejected, you still need the American Samoa timestamp.

• Locked thread