Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

MacheteZombie posted:

Would Craven's Swamp Thing movie fit this bill? That's one that deserves some love.

I haven't seen it in a million years to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Happy news everyone, Sony is gonna be alright.

quote:

One big contributor to positive results was the Games and Networks Service segment, which reported a 35.4% year-on-year sales gain to $3.8 billion (¥433.2 billion), with strong PlayStation4 software sales driving growth.

Sales in the Pictures segment rose 27.0% year-on-year to $2.16 billion (¥244.0 billion), while operating profit increased from $28 million (¥3.2 billion) to $68 million (¥7.7 billion). Both higher movie and media network earnings contributed, led by brisk ticket sales for the global hit “Spider-Man: Homecoming” and higher ad and subscription sales for SPE’s Indian sports network.

Because of PS4 and SP Home-coming.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I haven't seen it in a million years to be honest.

It rules.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SleepCousinDeath posted:

speaking of which watched Man of Steel last night and it is still good and cool.

I was lukewarm on it the first time (for whatever reason Cavill didn't click for me at all) but nowadays I find something new every time.

I think nowadays my only real knock on it is that the score is endlessly repetitive.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
my favourite part are the star wars sound effects

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

VagueRant posted:

Also lol at this in retrospect. By the 80 minute mark, he's so off topic he's contrasting the glorification of cowboy movies to people who want to keep up statues of Confederate generals, and this tangent within a tangent is part of a larger argument about why superhero movies are so important to wider society to justify making hours-long videos about one.

:stare: holy moley, I can't believe he keeps going like that

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Timby posted:

I was lukewarm on it the first time (for whatever reason Cavill didn't click for me at all) but nowadays I find something new every time.

I think nowadays my only real knock on it is that the score is endlessly repetitive.

Just curious, what made Cavill click for you?

MoS is one of my fav capeman movies

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

MacheteZombie posted:

Just curious, what made Cavill click for you?

I just think he's kinda hot.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Timby posted:

for some reason the shot near the end of Young Clark standing in front of the dog never stood out to me until now

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

There's a lot of loving and sucking in X-Men comics but I can't think of a scandal off the top.

Sort of sex-adjacent (depending on your kink, I guess) but there was that time someone blew up one of Jubilee's friends, a chunk flew in her mouth and she ate it. And then was all "huh, not bad."

I pine for the Claremont days.

CelticPredator posted:

I hate this guy more than I hate Man of Steel.

Should we call the police?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Timby posted:

aw, i think it's got a brilliant score. it's not really as melodic as some other superhero movie scores but the superman theme is pretty good and the word "swooping" seems to fit it very well.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
So is the bad girl in Thor 3 the same Death that Thanos wants to bone? Why isnt he in thor3? Does Death do some cool morphs in the movie between pretty form and creepy eye-socket/skullface stuff?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

McSpanky posted:

Sort of sex-adjacent (depending on your kink, I guess) but there was that time someone blew up one of Jubilee's friends, a chunk flew in her mouth and she ate it. And then was all "huh, not bad."

that's the craziest poo poo I've ever heard

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

got any sevens posted:

So is the bad girl in Thor 3 the same Death that Thanos wants to bone? Why isnt he in thor3? Does Death do some cool morphs in the movie between pretty form and creepy eye-socket/skullface stuff?
I thought this, but she's Hela, the goddess of death, not... Death Death.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hela_(Earth-616)
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Death_(Earth-616)

Movie Thanos probably won't try and gently caress any sexualised metaphysical concepts. :smith:

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

McSpanky posted:

I definitely get the idea of hating someone in part for ineptly hating the same thing you hate. Like I watched a CinemaSins on Age of Ultron out of a sort of innocent curiosity, like "oh maybe I can find some common ground with this rascal". In the end, the only one I found a fleeting common ground with was [audible gulping sound] Joss Whedon

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Rebuilding Thor's hammer seems like a potential setup for Stormbreaker and Beta Ray Bill.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

VagueRant posted:

I thought this, but she's Hela, the goddess of death, not... Death Death.

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Hela_(Earth-616)
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Death_(Earth-616)

Movie Thanos probably won't try and gently caress any sexualised metaphysical concepts. :smith:

There had been rumors that Hela's character in the MCU was being merged with Death. Not having seen the movie yet, I can't say whether Hela will still be around as Thanos' girlfriend.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Cythereal posted:

There had been rumors that Hela's character in the MCU was being merged with Death. Not having seen the movie yet, I can't say whether Hela will still be around as Thanos' girlfriend.

IMO it would be good to have Cate Blanchett return in Infinity War to be Thanos' love interest. Adds a big name to the cast to draw.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gatts posted:

IMO it would be good to have Cate Blanchett return in Infinity War to be Thanos' love interest. Adds a big name to the cast to draw.

"Thanos shall love me and despair"

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

LesterGroans posted:

Affleck's Batman fucks too.

We didn't see any full penetration happening on screen. So far all we know is that Batman likes cuddles.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Gotham tends to attract weirdos.

Relevant quote from Batman comix: "We leave the masks on. It's better that way."

Brother Entropy posted:

lord deliver me a marvel movie that's not a joke vehicle

just one would be enough

What about known jokefest Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Thor 3 is the best marvel movie to date

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit

CelticPredator posted:

I hate this guy more than I hate Man of Steel.
You should watch his review of Amazing Spider-Man 2. gently caress this guy.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Al Borland Corp. posted:

My favorite part is when the theme kicks in "SWAMP THING! You make my heart sing!" right as they freeze frame to credits.

"You make everything... oozy..."

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Kurzon posted:

his review of the first Amazing Spider-Man was the first and last MovieBob video I watched.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'd be down for Thanos trying to annihilate half the universe to impress Cate Blanchett. Especially if they turn out to be old flames. (Going by the Infinity Gauntlet replica in the treasure room, Odin's likely had run-ins with Thanos before)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Kurzon posted:

I've watched his pro Ghostbusters 84 video and I was still annoyed. I hate his weird voice and he talks too fast. And is overall really nerdy in a bad and weird way and not in an endearing fun way.

Like if I was talking about, Rick and Morty with him, a show I adore, he'd probably start ranting about it in some way, where I'd just feel creeped out talking to him.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I just started the screeners I got for The Punisher Netflix series and lol, I'm not at all surprised they pushed the release back after the Vegas shooting. The title sequence is a loving, stylistic look at a rifle and then the logo is literally made up of a bunch of guns.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That sounds like a Punisher thing yeah.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Apparently Danny Elfman has put random bits of the Batman '89 theme into the Justice League soundtrack.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He straight up put Williams theme in there too.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 197 days!

Inescapable Duck posted:

I'd be down for Thanos trying to annihilate half the universe to impress Cate Blanchett. Especially if they turn out to be old flames. (Going by the Infinity Gauntlet replica in the treasure room, Odin's likely had run-ins with Thanos before)

Finally, a villain with a relateable motive.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

McSpanky posted:

Foreshadowing that she would many years later she would become a vampire?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Looking forward to seeing Thor on Friday. It's a shame I won't be able to make it on Thursday instead.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A pity that vampirism and mutation are apparently mutually exclusive traits. I suppose you gotta draw the line somewhere.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

I've watched his pro Ghostbusters 84 video and I was still annoyed. I hate his weird voice and he talks too fast. And is overall really nerdy in a bad and weird way and not in an endearing fun way.

Like if I was talking about, Rick and Morty with him, a show I adore, he'd probably start ranting about it in some way, where I'd just feel creeped out talking to him.

Isn't that the video where he declares the movie is good because it shows science overcoming religious belief

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Cameo posted:

Isn't that the video where he declares the movie is good because it shows science overcoming religious belief

Which is utterly hilarious given the way they win is ENTIRELY through blind faith because the science tells them they're hosed.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Scrubbing through the video, he specifically calls it "using science and the right equipment to overcome superstition and and the supernatural" and proceeds to try to knock off Harry Potter (uses the same thing as bad guys!), King Arthur (requires an adventure to get it!) and Star Wars (only special people can use a lightsaber apparently?) before anyone can make a counter-argument, and this is somehow wrapped up in an explanation of why Ghostbusters appealed to kids as well as adults?

By the way he says specifically science over superstition as they're crossing the streams, which is, as you said, hilarious given that's the big leap of faith moment in the movie. It's like his subconscious is telling him he's wrong as he's putting the drat video together.

Also holy poo poo does he not shut up or have any change in the tenor of his voice for anything, it's like he's never interacted with another person offline. This is the equivalent of a tl;dr post as a speech.

And oh dear god he did one of these "Really That Good" for The Avengers and does anyone want to suffer through that for the sake of the thread

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I already did. It was alright, but it was obviously a big nostalgia defining childhood dreams come true thing for him personally, much like his weird deification of the Raimi Spiderman movies.

Didn't realise liking moviebob was such an unpopular opinion! Next I'll find out the comic book movie megathread doesn't agree with me that Civil War is the best superhero movie of the last 9 years. Ha ha ha

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The Rocketeer is the only good superhero movie ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The Rocketeer is the only good superhero movie ever made.

Whatever happened to that sequel they were gonna make financed by two NBA people?

• Locked thread