Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Gegil posted:

As much as I'd love to have season tickets to a local club, unless they have covered seating, I won't go more than once during June to September.

I happily pay about double for my season ticket at BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston compared to what the SGs pay because my seats are covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Gegil posted:

As much as I'd love to have season tickets to a local club, unless they have covered seating, I won't go more than once during June to September.

i feel like night games would be tolerable there, but i never minded the heat in austin that much

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
People are suggesting that Columbus deliberately under reported last night's attendance, they reported actual attendees instead of tickets sold, which is the normal standard. They had a smaller reported attendance than the Houston match, and the stands looked pretty empty for that one.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

trem_two posted:

People are suggesting that Columbus deliberately under reported last night's attendance, they reported actual attendees instead of tickets sold, which is the normal standard. They had a smaller reported attendance than the Houston match, and the stands looked pretty empty for that one.

Doesn't Houston seat a few thousand more people than Mapfre?

Seriously though I think these playoff wins are Precourts nightmare, because now instead of fading away they are now front and center in admittedly the small world of US Soccer. I wouldn't be utterly surprised even if the Crew manage to make it to the MLS Cup that Precourt will gut the team next off season to justify moving them when they look like 2013 DC United or at the very least spite any new owners that might buy the team from him.

Jack2142 fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 1, 2017

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
At the beginning of the match there was a 100 yard line to get in because they (whether deliberately or not) had bottlenecks with respect to security and ticket scanning. This is making people suspect the reported attendance was the number scanned at kickoff. As someone that only misses 1-2 matches a season, 14k seems awfully suspect to me, even with reporting sold vs scanned.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

shoplifter posted:

At the beginning of the match there was a 100 yard line to get in because they (whether deliberately or not) had bottlenecks with respect to security and ticket scanning. This is making people suspect the reported attendance was the number scanned at kickoff. As someone that only misses 1-2 matches a season, 14k seems awfully suspect to me, even with reporting sold vs scanned.

There’s been nights they announced 16k that had, like, half the people in there. Regardless, it was cool as hell to see the team win while the stadium told Anthony Precourt to gently caress off, loudly and repeatedly, directly to his face

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Pretty much if my team can't win MLS Cup, I want Columbus to win MLS Cup.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I didn't realize there were cutting implements physically capable of doing such a thing:

https://twitter.com/maddie_m_lee/status/925865650735558657

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
It looks like he has a single dreadlock rat tail

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Robot Danger posted:

It looks like he has a single dreadlock rat tail

Oh he definitely does.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
It’s a massive improvement regardless. Dude has never had a good haircut his whole life, and this is as close as he may ever get

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
That is extremely upsetting news to me. I'm glad he's clung on to a dread rat tail at least.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

So this is how MLS and US Soccer dies. With a lovely lawsuit and a haircut. RIP.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

MLS, still leading the world in domestic violence arrests.

http://www.espnfc.us/houston-dynamo/story/3255227/houston-dynamo-keeper-tyler-deric-arrested-and-charged-with-misdemeanor-assault

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

I can assure you that's not the case. The 2 a year we get is considered a light weekend in Europe.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

I can assure you that's not the case. The 2 a year we get is considered a light weekend in Europe.

I said arrests not incidents.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

I said arrests not incidents.

Touche.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Seltzer posted:

That is extremely upsetting news to me. I'm glad he's clung on to a dread rat tail at least.

truly heartbreaking

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Precourt is using the exact same language to pump Austin as he did Columbus lol

https://twitter.com/yumdynasty/status/925900654266241024

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

I'll bite to give us some relief from crewchat. Vazquez got robbed

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Emron posted:

Precourt is using the exact same language to pump Austin as he did Columbus lol

https://twitter.com/yumdynasty/status/925900654266241024

Moving out of Ohio in your early 20s is pretty Authentically Columbus.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Let's play Spot the Fancy rear end Ho. I'm the literal dog man.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

I'll bite to give us some relief from crewchat. Vazquez got robbed

I assume you mean for Newcomer? He probably ended up 4th or 5th like Giovinco and Piatti did for MVP last year, there were just way too many good signings this year.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Dallan Invictus posted:

I assume you mean for Newcomer? He probably ended up 4th or 5th like Giovinco and Piatti did for MVP last year, there were just way too many good signings this year.

That too but I actually meant for MVP, to at least be nominated. Assuming we take the definition of MVP to mean most valuable to his team, he's been the difference between squeaking into the play-offs and outperforming expectations to having a dominant year. Definitely a short-term signing but what a loving signing. As much as I love Gio, Vazquez has been the difference-maker this season.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

That too but I actually meant for MVP, to at least be nominated.

I agree, and so does your team, which is why he was nominated. Actually, the votes have already been cast and the winner is already known, the league just publishes the top five (used to be three, still is three for some awards) vote-getters as "finalists" a few weeks before they announce the winner.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

joshtothemaxx posted:

Let's play Spot the Fancy rear end Ho. I'm the literal dog man.

I think Fancy is actually Ben Olsen's SA Account.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Jack2142 posted:

First of all,

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Jack2142 posted:

Of our DCposters I think only one man has the requisite bottomless pessimism to coach like Olsen does, and it ain't Fancy.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Jack2142 posted:

All those posts were really a cry for help.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

tk posted:

Moving out of Ohio in your early 20s is pretty Authentically Columbus.

This is hate speech

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

We're now on the third version of the story from the league on the Sacha/Jozy scuffle.

1) Both got straight reds for violent conduct, likely leading to multiple match suspension

2) Both got second yellows for unsporting behavior, thus no appeal

3) Both got straight red for unsporting behavior, TFC to appeal the red.

Nothing suspicious about this at all.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

shoplifter posted:

We're now on the third version of the story from the league on the Sacha/Jozy scuffle.

1) Both got straight reds for violent conduct, likely leading to multiple match suspension

2) Both got second yellows for unsporting behavior, thus no appeal

3) Both got straight red for unsporting behavior, TFC to appeal the red.

Where are you getting this from?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

shoplifter posted:

TBF the only evidence we have of what actually happened to get them sent off is a clusterfuck of a tunnel video and a pile of conflicting self-interested witness reports so I firmly believe it'll take the DisCo to sort out.

(besides even IF someone in HQ is pulling strings to keep Jozy on the field for one or both legs of the ECF, we're so deep in #TeamOfDestiny magic bullshit at this point that it would only make Columbus better)

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Dates and times are set.

Eastern:
@Columbus - Tues, Nov 21 - 8PM Eastern
ESPN / TSN
@Toronto - Wed, Nov 29 - 7:30PM Eastern
FS1 / TSN

Western:
@Houston - Tues, Nov 21 - 10PM Eastern
FS1 / TSN
@Seattle - Thurs, Nov 30 - 10:30PM Eastern
ESPN / TSN

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Hungryjack posted:

Where are you getting this from?

Not from the league or the match report, I can tell you.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Not from the league or the match report, I can tell you.

It was actually in the match timeline from the MLS app, so presumably it was the same on the actual website. I should have screenshotted it last night but I didn't expect that it'd change (twice). Could be that they got incomplete info and updated after the fact, but correcting it twice is pretty sad. That said, nothing more than I'd expect from MLS.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

TwoStepBoog posted:

Dates and times are set.

Eastern:
@Columbus - Tues, Nov 21 - 8PM Eastern
ESPN / TSN
@Toronto - Wed, Nov 29 - 7:30PM Eastern
FS1 / TSN

Western:
@Houston - Tues, Nov 21 - 10PM Eastern
FS1 / TSN
@Seattle - Thurs, Nov 30 - 10:30PM Eastern
ESPN / TSN

Ah yes, the annual "We didn't want people to remember us anyways" break

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
New USMNT roster. Posting here because why not. Glad to see Hamid, CCV, Miazga, Williams, and Dwyer, but there are still weird choices. Sapong? Agudelo? Lichaj?

U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION (Club; Caps/Goals):

GOALKEEPERS (3): Jesse Gonzalez (FC Dallas; 0/0), Bill Hamid (Midtjylland/DEN; 3/0), Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge/BEL; 1/0)

DEFENDERS (7): John Brooks (Wolfsburg/GER; 32/3), Cameron Carter-Vickers (Sheffield United/ENG; 0/0), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 13/1), Matt Miazga (Vitesse/NED; 3/1), Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 26/1), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna/MEX; 14/0), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United/ENG; 48/0)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas; 16/1), Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls; 0/0), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union; 65/2), Lynden Gooch (Sunderland/ENG; 2/0), Weston McKennie (Schalke/GER; 0/0), Kelyn Rowe (New England Revolution; 3/1), Danny Williams (Huddersfield Town/ENG; 22/2)

FORWARDS (4): Juan Agudelo (New England Revolution; 26/3), Dom Dwyer (Orlando City SC; 3/2), C.J. Sapong (Philadelphia Union; 2/0), Josh Sargent (St. Louis Scott Gallagher; 0/0)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

joshtothemaxx posted:

Sapong? Agudelo? Lichaj?

Need to have some people on the roster who are old enough to drink. :v:

Seriously though, after Bedoya and Yedlin the cap count drops dramatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

Columbus Mayor and Alex Fischer of the Columbus Partnership (major business group, 15+ Fortune 1000 CEOs are members) to have a meeting with Garber and Precourt on Nov 15. Originally we were told it would be after the season, so I'm not sure if this is good or bad.

shoplifter fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Nov 7, 2017

• Locked thread