Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

He's using literal handouts as a metaphor for wealth earned through hard work lmao. Man, I can't BELIEVE that some of this candy, freely given to me by others who worked to earn it, goes to people other than me, that's BULLSHIT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, comparing trick or treating to labor opens up a whole new can of worms I don’t think he intended because him and his whole family are utterly unsuited for that kind of thought.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

No it doesn't.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If treat-or-tricking is compared to labor; then capitalism is the parent confiscating all of the candy and then giving the kid half of a granola bar as their wage.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump and George Papadopoulos – Donald Trump has tried to distance himself from a former foreign policy aide who pleaded guilty to perjury over his contacts with Russians during last year’s US election campaign"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Crackdown on fixed-odds betting terminals unveiled

Evening Standard:

Eight people killed in New York 'act of terror' after truck drives on to bike path

Mail:
Mac on... Westminster's growing sex scandal

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Lol gently caress off Mac

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

If they can't behave like grown-ups, I would also be in favor of making them wear boxing gloves.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Jesus christ that's what you took away from that Mac? "How dare they not let me sexually harass people! May as well put a chastity belt and blindfold on me!"

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Thought the joke was "old men are pigs" but I'm not familiar with Mac.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, comparing trick or treating to labor opens up a whole new can of worms I don’t think he intended because him and his whole family are utterly unsuited for that kind of thought.

That's better.

Also enjoying all the desperate cartoons about how Trump's not in deep poo poo, the probe won't find anything, it's not happening aaaaaa

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mac is pretty conservative but I think that's more of an old timey British "old men are horn dogs" joke than "is this what men are reduced to??" complaint. It's basically an ancient joke out of Are You Being Served?

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Holy poo poo, is this real?
He tweeted a creepshot of his co-anchor's legs?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Radish posted:

Mac is pretty conservative but I think that's more of an old timey British "old men are horn dogs" joke than "is this what men are reduced to??" complaint. It's basically an ancient joke out of Are You Being Served?
Yeah, but look at how he chose to portray the women.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Radish posted:

Yeah, he seems to do a lot of old-guy type jokes, so he could probably get the benefit of the doubt here.

Also, the guys are described as "sex pests" on the sign.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Mac's position is a lovely and hugely outdated "men aren't responsible for their actions around beautiful women", which is consistent with his views on everything else. While he stops just short of actually blaming the victims he's still treating sexual assault as something that's natural and inevitable.

edit:

prefect posted:

Yeah, he seems to do a lot of old-guy type jokes, so he could probably get the benefit of the doubt here.

Also, the guys are described as "sex pests" on the sign.

"Sex pests" is the term a lot of the British tabloids are using, and it's pretty typical minimalisation. It paints these people as minor annoyances and again as just one of those things that happens, rather than as a systemic and serious criminal problem. It's like describing a string of robberies as "burglary pests".

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 1, 2017

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

I thought their depiction served the "old men are horndogs" joke actually

Look at them, they're so happy and carefree now that the Sex Pests have been cracked down upon

they're not smug or Kelly "HEH HEH"ing or anything, they're just at peace

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

Yeah the other half of that joke is to surround the horny old men with women in revealing outfits so yeah it's still sexist (which aligns neatly with Mac's regular tone), just not in an MRA way.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Squashy Nipples posted:

feet, not legs

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

loquacius posted:

I thought their depiction served the "old men are horndogs" joke actually

Look at them, they're so happy and carefree now that the Sex Pests have been cracked down upon

they're not smug or Kelly "HEH HEH"ing or anything, they're just at peace

Yeah, I'm leaning towards this interpretation. The old dudes don't come off well.

Iron Crowned posted:

feet, not legs

Well, those two things are generally attached to each other, yes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It's still not great to present the (potential-)victims of sexual assault in such a sexualized way, to me.
Bramhall

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's still not great to present the (potential-)victims of sexual assault in such a sexualized way, to me.
Bramhall

https://politics.theonion.com/nude-aides-huddled-around-trump-assure-him-no-one-weari-1820015399

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

If there ever was a person for whom a wire isn't necessary to be caught red handed...

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

If there ever was a person for whom a wire isn't necessary to be caught red handed...

I mean, you would need a microscope.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

well given that you have millions of dollars to provide her with full-size candy at no impact to you, but instead made her go and beg for fun size treats from other people, you've already taught her a lot about capitalism.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm still impressed at how this guy keeps managing to make Trump uglier and uglier each comic. I dare not imagine what it'll look like in a month or two. :allears:

Ramos fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Nov 1, 2017

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Here's what I can say, as a fact, from my observations on this cartoon.

1) Elizabeth Warren is a native, I do not know what tribe she hails from, that has no relevance to what she has said in public or to her public identity.

2) This cartoonist is not a human being, he's an evil fukken goblin and I hope Rumpelstiltskin (the dog) consumes his cold flesh after condemning to hell.

YOU, Ben Garrison, Go to Fuckshit Inferno, you loser. I am going to tweet your stupid rear end, gently caress you.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Sorry but Ben Garrison actually owns.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Ramos posted:

I'm still impressed at how this guy keeps managing to make Trump uglier and uglier each comic. I dare not imagine what it'll look like in a month or two. :allears:

No mere splash of paint could ever adequately convey the true ugliness of Trump.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I dunno some of those British Artists are pretty good at dog ugly.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Squashy Nipples posted:

It's important to understand that Chris Cillizza is a simpleton in the purest sense. He probably did think Dana Bash's shoes were nice, and tweeted that out with absolutely no understanding of why he shouldn't do so.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

The lessons of Eddie Murphy still ring true today

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Wow you seem to care a lot about Russia as an enemy. May I interest you in some news on Trump?

No? You don't give a poo poo because Trump is on your side? Oh.

Sunshine89
Nov 22, 2009

Post 9-11 User posted:

Here's what I can say, as a fact, from my observations on this cartoon.

1) Elizabeth Warren is a native, I do not know what tribe she hails from, that has no relevance to what she has said in public or to her public identity.

2) This cartoonist is not a human being, he's an evil fukken goblin and I hope Rumpelstiltskin (the dog) consumes his cold flesh after condemning to hell.

YOU, Ben Garrison, Go to Fuckshit Inferno, you loser. I am going to tweet your stupid rear end, gently caress you.

It's quite tame by Zyklon Ben standards. This one at least isn't dripping with blatantly obvious anti-Semitism.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Ban cars. AGC

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Leave it to Payne to have the shittiest take on an incident involving vehicles.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Does Payne know that driving is pretty strictly regulated already?

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

I'm 90 percent sure we joked about the potential for this exact comic before, thank you for delivering Payne and being the dumbest mofo around. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

I really like that SheHuck, it captures her whole temperament.

• Locked thread