Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
“You can open all the crates you want, but you’ll never unlock being the greatest generation.”
-an old man probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I have all these games to take care of in my backlog but instead I am obsessed with Pinball Arcade, send help

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the TG16/PC Engine turned 30 this week, what is your favorite TG16 game

i'll always throw down for soldier blade but of course rondo of blood is important too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'll always throw down for soldier blade but of course rondo of blood is important too

Every ys game

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Devil's Crush because :hellyeah: pinball and the main theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQD-21G43kQ

Which lead to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urc9Zif-t4Y

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIezs6szii0&t=24s

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

literally the only tg16 game i know of is rondo of blood

i think it had some bonk games on it? but they showed up on genesis too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The only TG16 game I can remember playing is one time in a store where I played the demo of a top-down shooter where the enemies were giant bugs I think?

Comedy answer: Splatterhouse

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

holy poo poo internet archive has a repository for Shoot Em Up Construction Kit games. that software was my entire summer when i was a kid

https://archive.org/details/seuckgames

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cowcaster posted:

literally the only tg16 game i know of is rondo of blood

i think it had some bonk games on it? but they showed up on genesis too

the pc engine has some neat games, that are all in japanese because that's the only region it was popular

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have all these games to take care of in my backlog but instead I am obsessed with Pinball Arcade, send help

Pinball rules. Are you focusing on any tables?

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I got around to starting Hollow Knight, and I really love the feel and atmosphere. The movement and attacking are satisfying so far as well. Getting hit, though... that's a really strong hitpause + the sound dropping out makes it really jarring. Hoping I'll just get used to it (or you know, stop getting hit.)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

Pinball rules. Are you focusing on any tables?

I just bought a ton more but I am all over Scared Stiff, Bride Of Pinbot and Twilight Zone right now

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Olive! posted:

I got around to starting Hollow Knight, and I really love the feel and atmosphere. The movement and attacking are satisfying so far as well. Getting hit, though... that's a really strong hitpause + the sound dropping out makes it really jarring. Hoping I'll just get used to it (or you know, stop getting hit.)

I just got Hollow Knight for the Halloween sale, and I like the big hitpause with how little HP you have. It makes drat sure you know that you can't afford to let that happen much.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Olive! posted:

Hollow Knight looks really cool but I'm waiting for the Switch version. Wish they'd announce a date already :ohdear:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Random Hajile posted:

I just got Hollow Knight for the Halloween sale, and I like the big hitpause with how little HP you have. It makes drat sure you know that you can't afford to let that happen much.

I might agree if it didn't seem so trivial to recover health :shobon:

I'm sure it won't seem as trivial in the harder parts of the game though.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

codenameFANGIO posted:

I just bought a ton more but I am all over Scared Stiff, Bride Of Pinbot and Twilight Zone right now

If you're playing on Steam you should add me (LawfulWaffle there, but I can't link directly to my page atm) so you get more scores on your leaderboards. I started playing TPA and Pinball FX2 and that led to me finding a pinball league in my area and having a lot of fun. There's also a nice pinball thread here that gets burst of activity, usually to bitch about Farsight or to share info on upcoming tables (Guardians of the Galaxy, for instance). https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3361132

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Olive! posted:

I might agree if it didn't seem so trivial to recover health :shobon:

Oh noooo... no no no

It is not

Eventually you'll be facing bosses where even the quick charge heal charm barely gives you time to get a health back.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

codenameFANGIO posted:

the first 2 seasons are the best bar none, I feel like all the others are more of a pick and choose thing, though stuff like Dracula and Addams Family are essential

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Welp, Nintendo tried hard but it was all in vain. I hate videogames again.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

Same but with Slime Rancher

They just released a new area and I haven't even gotten to it yet. I've got everything built up on my ranch, but deciding which slimes to keep is the hardest choice... what ones do I like the best... truly difficult gaming experience.

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Oh noooo... no no no

It is not

Eventually you'll be facing bosses where even the quick charge heal charm barely gives you time to get a health back.
And there's also the occasional tight spiky platforming section without enemies to smack to replenish soul.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I need the Switch so bad

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
So between Destiny 2, Assasin’s Creed, and Wolfenstein: TNC which would you recommend? I haven’t played any of the earlier versions of these games but they look pretty interesting as far as action/shooters go.

I’d get mario, but no switch.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mario + switch

al-azad
May 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dKTYzlXzMA

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The World Press Photo competition should accept game screenshots imo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Dyz posted:

So between Destiny 2, Assasin’s Creed, and Wolfenstein: TNC which would you recommend? I haven’t played any of the earlier versions of these games but they look pretty interesting as far as action/shooters go.

AC is a third person adventure game, TNC is a first person bloodletter simulator. You'll get more mileage out of AC and by all means it's a well-made game, though Wolfenstein probably has more polish even if it's a 12-hour experience over a 55 hour one.

I play D2 but I can't recommend it over the other two games.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dyz posted:

i have destiny 2 and like it well enough but i’m going to recommend wolfenstein

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

*wipes tear*

It's beautiful.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

both the dragon and the blue haired guy seem to be voiced by slowbeef

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Monkey Fracas posted:

The end of lootboxes is probably either diminishing returns so they aren't worth it anymore (like you said above the more I think about it the less likely this seems since they're easy to implement and essentially free money) or federal regulation classifying it as gambling/regulating it as "basically gambling" and kinda creating a new class for it

like I thought IRL unboxing videos were bad lol

this is some kinda new twisted consumerist low

"You haven't seen my final form!" - capitalism

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

i have destiny 2 and like it well enough but i’m going to recommend wolfenstein

Yeah, I agree. Destiny 2 is fun, not mindblowing though. I think I would wait on purchasing it until some expansions are out, but it's a good couple weeks of entertainment depending on how hard you game. :)

I haven't played the other options here and can't speak to them.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

If you're playing on Steam you should add me (LawfulWaffle there, but I can't link directly to my page atm) so you get more scores on your leaderboards. I started playing TPA and Pinball FX2 and that led to me finding a pinball league in my area and having a lot of fun. There's also a nice pinball thread here that gets burst of activity, usually to bitch about Farsight or to share info on upcoming tables (Guardians of the Galaxy, for instance). https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3361132

I am a console gamer, mostly because I am pretty sure I am the only guy around here who has no understanding of computers. Anyone with Pinball Arcade on PS4 hit me up, PSN is codenamefangio.

Thank you for that thread link though. I am allllll the gently caress over it. *begins reading all 437 pages*

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Five way tie between Neutopia / Military Madness / Bonk's Adventure / Bomberman '94 / Splash Lake

Dyz posted:

Buy Mario and stare at the box until you come to your senses and buy a Switch to play it on

raditts fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 1, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i want to play ac or odyssey but i keep playing Monolith instead, help

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Hell yea

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
AC:Origins has grabbed me like no game has since... I don't even know, probably ME2 or something. It's the first game in years that I've been playing exclusively in 3 to 9 hour sessions, and it's packed with content in a good way - the map isn't full of poo poo to do/collect, every sidequest has directed cutscenes, and some of the most minor sounding sidequests will lead you down a quest chain with all kinds of awesome or interesting poo poo.

It's basically Red Dead Assassin's Witcher 3 and that's OK With me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Someone please save me from jump rope hell in Odyssey.

• Locked thread