Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Here's a quick not particularly amazing OP for the November chat thread. I also apologize for going for a bad Guns and Roses pun title.

Here's what's coming out this month according to a website that seemed to have the most thorough list:
Call of Duty: WW2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – November 3
.hack//G.U. Last Recode (PC, PS4) – November 3
Super Lucky’s Tale (PC, Xbox One) – November 7
Nioh: Complete Edition (PC) – November 7
Hand of Fate 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – November 7
Hitman: Game of the Year Edition (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – November 7
Horizon: Zero Dawn – The Frozen Wilds (PS4) – November 7
Killing Floor: Incursion (Vive) – November 7
Sonic Forces (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – November 7
Xbox One X console launch – November 7
Need for Speed Payback (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – November 10
Mario Party: The Top 100 (3DS) – November 10 US/Jan EU
Football Manager 2018 (PC) – November 10
The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs expansion (PC) – November 10
Doom (Switch) – November 10
L.A. Noire (PS4, Xbox One, Switch) – November 14
Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – November 17
Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – November 14
Rime (Switch) – November 14 NA/ 17 EU
Pokemon Ultra Sun and Pokemon Ultra Moon (3DS) – November 17
Skyrim VR (PSVR) – November 17
Skyrim (Switch) – November 17
The Sims 4 (PS4, Xbox One) – November 17
Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy 15 (PSVR) – November 21
The Inpatient (PSVR) – November 22
Resident Evil Revelations/Revelations 2 re-releases (Switch) – November 28
Black Mirror (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – November 28
Star Ocean: The Last Hope (PC, PS4) – November 28
Syberia 2 (Switch) – November 30
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (3DS) – November
Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp (Android, iOS) – November

What are the chances that more people in this thread get that 3DS Mario Party game than an XboneX?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Peep this

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

glam rock hamhock posted:

Star Ocean: The Last Hope (PC, PS4) – November 28

This is still the most baffling decision in the world

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cool macross

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

GOTM for November is one of the October games I end up starting this month

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope need for speed is cool bc I've enjoyed those games in the past but I also haven't seen anything of it and it will probably be 15 dollars by January so whatever

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm probably not getting any of those games this month so I might pick up a couple from the past couple I had to miss (Evil Within 2 which I have already seen on sale lol).

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

This is still the most baffling decision in the world

Someone at Square really loves those games for some reason, the only one you can't buy on PS4 in some form is the first.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I wonder how esoteric the knowledge that 2D mario can run over one block gaps is, considering there are multiple puzzles on odyssey that are based on that

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

GOTM for November is one of the October games I end up starting this month

same

i'm estimating golf story might be that game, sight unseen

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Seriously though, is like a single person in this thread even considering buying an XboneX this month?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Seriously though, is like a single person in this thread even considering buying an XboneX this month?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

This month? Try buying one period. I can't think of a single reason to purchase one. Every game you could get on it can be bought on PC instead.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only people I've even seen mention the BoneX are Xbox thread posters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The amount of stuff I never played that is available on Xbox one backwards compatibility is a growing list to the point where I'll probably get one in a few years to play like. Halo 2 and Phantom Dust and Bloodrayne 2 or whatever. But I wouldn't buy an X, id buy a used old model for 80 bucks after MS just leaves the gaming industry whole cloth

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
Nothing interesting coming out this month, thank god. Hopefully the backlog will get a lil more manageable. Divinity Original Sin 2 might be the best RPG I've ever played but it's... dense. And I'll finally get around to Hollow Knight and Night in the Woods, maybe.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hey, I'm not saying I'm getting or want one, it's just funny to me that this is like MS last attempt at this and no one seems to give a poo poo that it's even coming out, though it's hard for me to tell if that's how it is everywhere or just around here.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

HOPE
WORST NOT
SITUATION

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Yea

The Arcadia and the Yamato too

I wanna see stupid transformer knockoff (or actual licensed poo poo but eh) of stuff like that. We already got thomas the tank engine combiner things, now give us other weird poo poo.

Found this too but it's not finished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9tLMGD4mlM

Space Engineers seems like it'd be perfect for that kinda silly space pirate poo poo but idk if it'll ever end up as anything more than "interesting tool to build and crash stuff in"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tbh I actively like space engineers less the more they do to it, planet starts might be the most unfun survival game experience around. creative mode is still good though

now stationeers, is looking sick and I can't wait to make it the next early access survival game I get tricked by

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

GOTM for November is one of the 2016 games I end up starting this month

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm excited for new need for speed and also for black mirror because it looks like the MURDERED SOUL SUSPECT sequel nobody expected or wanted

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

spend thanksgiving engorging your fat loving face alongside naoto

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Honestly, what I'd really like is some kind of game that takes the ship combat from skies of arcadia and expands on it and develops it into something more in-depth. FTL was pretty neat but it was also very tough and had more emphasis on randomness and real time management. I'd rather have something where you can outfit your ship with various different crew types, cannons, torpedoes, special cannons, magic cannons, subcannons, etcetera etcetera etcetera and let you play through either a well developed single player campaign, a well developed multiplayer mode, or a well developed ship exploration game.

I don't know if there are any games out there that do ship combat the way skies did though. I think a lot of them prefer real time to the turn-based skies combat.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm pretty sure you're describing a derek smart game

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Honestly, what I'd really like is some kind of game that takes the ship combat from skies of arcadia and expands on it and develops it into something more in-depth. FTL was pretty neat but it was also very tough and had more emphasis on randomness and real time management. I'd rather have something where you can outfit your ship with various different crew types, cannons, torpedoes, special cannons, magic cannons, subcannons, etcetera etcetera etcetera and let you play through either a well developed single player campaign, a well developed multiplayer mode, or a well developed ship exploration game.

I don't know if there are any games out there that do ship combat the way skies did though. I think a lot of them prefer real time to the turn-based skies combat.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
How anemic this month is shows that that even though it's not nearly as big as it used to be, the industry is still terrified of CoD. I really do have to much to play though and if the only thing that's really good this month is the Horizon dlc, that's fine.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
no

I want to see a game with skies of arcadia-style ship combat that is good and also exists.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

what if i told you that for 1400 dollars you could play the game of your dreams

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

no

I want to see a game with skies of arcadia-style ship combat that is good and also exists.
did you ever play infinite space

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

what if i told you that for 1400 dollars you could play the game of your dreams

I feel bad for the people who were scammed and think that there has to be a finished product eventually.

homeless snail posted:

did you ever play infinite space

Is that the ds game by platinum?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

speaking vaguely of games with ships, jesus christ Overlord in Monolith is no joke

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Nice typo, thread title

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeiLKcEs3uk

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Horizon DLC in a week!!!

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

How anemic this month is shows that that even though it's not nearly as big as it used to be, the industry is still terrified of CoD. I really do have to much to play though and if the only thing that's really good this month is the Horizon dlc, that's fine.

It's nice to have a solid month of backlog gaming even if I gotta work a bunch of hours during the holidays

Mostly I'm just hoping No Truce With the Furies gets a release date this month, I was kinda waiting for a late november/december drop but at this rate it's probably not coming out till next year.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Huh, I honestly thought the One X had been out for months already.

:shrug:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
.hack GU

.hack GU

November 2017

.hack GU

please just kill the franchise. salt the earth it's buried under. let it go

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused