Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Lockback posted:

There's a post right above yours you should maybe look at if you have a sample size problem. The difference between 57% and 54.6% isn't all the significant.

You were posting a stat from Okafor's 22 minutes of playing time this season and in the same post mentioning Giannis not looking as good over a full season. It's okay to have a laugh sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Punkin Spunkin posted:

the celtics being good when the spurs arent is cruel and I'm pretty sure proof god does not exist

God exists and hes evil

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Question about all these declined 4th year options: do these players become RFA or UDFA at the end of the season? Does the team hold their bird rights?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

vaginal facsimile posted:

God exists and hes evil

Kobe...

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

God exists and hes evil

No gods. No kings. Only ball.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

He's just asking questions. Extremely stupid questions

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Jota posted:

You were posting a stat from Okafor's 22 minutes of playing time this season and in the same post mentioning Giannis not looking as good over a full season. It's okay to have a laugh sometimes.

Yeah, I copped to not noticing the time, but the fact that he's not inefficient isn't tied to just this season. Okafor's other problems are big issues, no doubt, but scoring efficiency isn't really one of them.

IcePhoenix posted:

What about the difference between 25.8% and 9.0%?

Not tracking on this...? Giannis had a great season last season but his jump this season is way more than even small-sample-size Okafor.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Not tracking on this...? Giannis had a great season last season but his jump this season is way more than even small-sample-size Okafor.

You cited that Okafor and Cousins' TS differences were those "insignificant" jumps (they might not actually be statistically insignificant but I don't have the time to figure that out) so I posted his and Cousins' AST% from the same year.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kyrie says he's just asking questions...but is he asking the right questions?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Shear Modulus posted:

Kyrie says he's just asking questions...but is he asking the right questions?

Wouldn't the ice ball count as a round planet?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

People have circumnavigated the world

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

People have circumnavigated the world

WEre you there?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Weird how we still haven’t found that giant ice wall that surrounds the known lands.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Fake people round a fake world

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Henchman of Santa posted:

According to an angry rando on twitter, two of those free throws were in garbage time too.

Yeah it was after the benches were mostly emptied.

It was a game where Detroit wasn't driving a lot, and when they did the Lakers didn't really challenge it. I'm not really sure if it was on purpose or not, I wasn't watching that closely to be honest. Jackson finally attacked the rim when someone was actually in the paint right at the end and either didn't get the message that they were supposed to concede the basket or successfully rotated for the first time.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Tony Parker has been recalled from the Austin Spurs. Did he even play a game with them?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Uncle Drew is living the dream. Wake up, work on your sick ball handling, clown some fools in front of millions, go home, read conspiracy websites till you fall asleep.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

God exists and hes evil

"Murder must feel good to God too, he does it every day."

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Kyrie claiming he's not a crazy flat earther conspiracy theorist while sounding exactly like every single flat earther conspiracy theorist ever.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Tony Parker has been recalled from the Austin Spurs. Did he even play a game with them?
I don't think so but Pop also just sent my Latvian son Davis Bertans there which pisses me off
The kid has swagger and he can play, I hate that he's been in Pop's doghouse ever since he got into that Bucks altercation last season. I get sending derrick white to Austin cuz we have enough young guards as it is but you can't tell me there aren't totally minutes for Bertans rn :(

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Spacebump posted:

The season hasn't started. He was just down there for rehab I think.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Okafor's biggest problem is that he is the slowest dude in the league

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I thought his attitude was Okafor's biggest problem.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

You cited that Okafor and Cousins' TS differences were those "insignificant" jumps (they might not actually be statistically insignificant but I don't have the time to figure that out) so I posted his and Cousins' AST% from the same year.

Oh, yeah no question. My sole point is Okafor can create offense that is reasonably efficient in respect to bigs. He has lots of other problems, but his skill has value and I think some of his downsides can be mitigated to the point where he is a worthwhile player.

Bulls should cut Portis for being a shithead, Niko for being a maybe-racist and sign Okafor.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

I thought his attitude was Okafor's biggest problem.

I don't think he's lazy. Last year he looked slow and had bad instincts, but his attitude didn't look bad. I also don't think he had problems with teammates or anything. Plus Okafor could be throwing the organization under the bus right now but he has been saying the right things.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Portis and Niko have skills that can theoretically translate in today's NBA. I don't think Okafor has that. Plus he's lazy as poo poo no matter what he says. Guy is gassed 3 minutes in.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Didn't he have injuries last year?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Tae posted:

He had a knee thing that dragged on and on and on.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Tae posted:

yup

he punched a Celtics fan so he's always gonna be cool with me

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Okafor is handling this* all very maturely and that is admirable.

*this being that he is so dang bad at NBA basketball that he cannot see the court on a young team that is only a year removed from tanking. He is literally the worst defender I have ever seen, and his only skill, his low post game, is slow and terrible and gums up the whole flow of the offense. He also can’t rebound and he turns the ball over too much and he’s always winded and I hate it every time he palms the ball and waives it around.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kyrie is about a couple youtube videos away from being a lizardman truther. Quick, someone ask him about who did 9/11

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Stevie Lee posted:

yup

he punched a Celtics fan so he's always gonna be cool with me

I'm going to punch you

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/KGArea21/status/925848034910412800

IM HOLLERIN

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

That kid has to transfer schools now.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its too bad its impossible for that to be kg filming it(you would hear him talking i guarantee it) but i want 2 believe hes on a nationwide hunt for sick dunks and savage moments as he embraces his post retirement spirit quest

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Niwrad posted:

That kid has to transfer schools now.

He could just become a teacher.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

i cant tell the difference between that dunk and this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkxcY45bP2U&t=5s

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

He could just become a teacher.

That's a QuireSultan wussy move

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I am ashamed to admit it but I got dunked on by the gym teacher in my 8th grade student/faculty basketball game.

I also hit a super cool baseline jumper while being fouled and missed the free throw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/925798073120493569

BC rejected the buyout request because "we'd be getting nothing"

As opposed to him leaving in a few months for nothing

• Locked thread