Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
OK but why does the fairy hero have a stout shield as an Official Guide Starting Item lmao

Battlefury BHgate strikes again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Theres one good thing Pangolier has is Wisp turnrate.

https://i.imgur.com/wc9U207.mp4

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

JollyPubJerk posted:

3-400? When was the last time you played dota? 1k is typical..

People raging early about builds on new heroes and reporting. Yeah, not enough, game's dead.

You do understand that the queue is prioritizing finding people as racist and angry as you instead of using skill ranking, right?

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

I am sad to hear about the deserved death of the videogame dota two

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Wangsbig posted:

I am sad to hear about the deserved death of the videogame dota two

I am not

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

jBrereton posted:

OK but why does the fairy hero have a stout shield as an Official Guide Starting Item lmao

Battlefury BHgate strikes again

they probably changed her range

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Pangolier's W is actually fairly neat in a teamfight even outside his ult if he's got disable/support items to help his team. He's almost impossible to kill if he gets enough people with his W and so he becomes a good carrier of Mekansm/Pipe etc.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
You can't watch the last ESL One grand final in-game because it contains chen, who breaks the game by not having send back anymore, lol.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm still a scrub but Lifestealer is my jam. Lycan is also really fun because you can make your wolves run around and be assholes.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Pango seems real bad. I'm not sure what role you'd put him in where there isn't 10 other heroes that do it better.

Maybe change his Q to be based on some sort of % of your attack damage instead of fixed so that he can be a 1?

I honestly don't get what you do with this guy.

On the other hand, Dark Willow owns.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
Anyone try out the new skelewraith king yet? Is it as awkward and bad as it sounds or secretly fun?

Also lol @ valve for changing skeleton king to wraith king but than giving him him skeleton summons instead of wraiths.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

WK is still the same WK but now he farms the jungle even better and has a great solo kill / pushing ability. In addition his “no mana cost reincarn” talent got moved to 20 instead of 25.

He’s very solidly buffed. I think he’d make for a pretty drat good 4 position as well with the skeleton / instakill addition.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Best part of the new patch is that Monkey King Bar makes more sense to buy on Wukong now.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I wonder if the massive winrate dips for Tiny and Morph are more indicative of people not sure how to play them yet or the changes. I thought both looked very weak when reading the notes and trying them out on test and the drops seem to confirm that, but honestly nobody has any idea what they are doing with them yet.

The loss of the replicant for Morphling as both a defensive tool and a movement tool seems really tough.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

mikeraskol posted:

Pango seems real bad. I'm not sure what role you'd put him in where there isn't 10 other heroes that do it better.

Maybe change his Q to be based on some sort of % of your attack damage instead of fixed so that he can be a 1?

I honestly don't get what you do with this guy.

On the other hand, Dark Willow owns.

I think, think, you shove him in the offlane and use his ult to initiate on people, kind of like a Clock. You sure as poo poo don't want to start channeling his ult where anyone can see you, and you're magic immune and can bop over terrain/through trees with it-- that screams 'Initiation!' at me. Hit some dude for the stun, then Q out of it for burst damage with a Diffusal or Javelins or something, and pray your team can clean up.

Whether or not he's any better than some other initiator, who the gently caress knows. Probably not.

Edit: His winrate is 6% higher in the offlane, for what little that's worth right now.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Nov 1, 2017

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
ppl having success with pango are offlaning, building some combo of diffusal/basher/blink/echo (q applies the echo sabre slow)

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Tiny seems like an overall nerf and perhaps a change to his intended role.

He still has avalanche + toss burst which is what carries his kit. You can still go arcanes + blink and destroy people midgame. This is his strength.

...but his loss of AGI gain AND his armor skill now means he is very vulnerable to right clickers. Tiny will have zero armor at level 25 without items, and STR carries generally do not buy armor or agi outside of S&Y and Assault Cuirass. Jugger / Naix / AM / Clinkz / Terrorblade will eat him alive.

His kit changed to be very good against casters. His ult now grants up to 40% passive CC reduction, he has very high STR gain — big health pool to absorb nukes and additional CC reduction — and his obvious level 10 talent is 15% magic resistance. Tiny is a great pick against magic damage and disable heavy comps. For example: tiny will escape necrophos’ stun before the scythe lands; you could euls yourself to avoid the damage.

He’s a viable support vs caster cores like timbersaw or necro and mega-good against disabler supports. He’s not a good lane-present core because he gets destroyed by click harass. If you have a kill combo where the opposing team will leave you completely uncontested then you might be able to farm him (aggro lane?).

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

emdash posted:

ppl having success with pango are offlaning, building some combo of diffusal/basher/blink/echo (q applies the echo sabre slow)

Q applies Orb of Venom to everyone you hit, right? Echo gives you a lot more than just a slow, but I think OoV is probably a decent pickup on Pango.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
ya if it feels good in the game you're in, sure

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

You do understand that the queue is prioritizing finding people as racist and angry as you instead of using skill ranking, right?

uhuh, I also have happy go lucky SJW accounts too

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

DNK posted:

Tiny seems like an overall nerf and perhaps a change to his intended role.

He still has avalanche + toss burst which is what carries his kit. You can still go arcanes + blink and destroy people midgame. This is his strength.

...but his loss of AGI gain AND his armor skill now means he is very vulnerable to right clickers. Tiny will have zero armor at level 25 without items, and STR carries generally do not buy armor or agi outside of S&Y and Assault Cuirass. Jugger / Naix / AM / Clinkz / Terrorblade will eat him alive.

His kit changed to be very good against casters. His ult now grants up to 40% passive CC reduction, he has very high STR gain — big health pool to absorb nukes and additional CC reduction — and his obvious level 10 talent is 15% magic resistance. Tiny is a great pick against magic damage and disable heavy comps. For example: tiny will escape necrophos’ stun before the scythe lands; you could euls yourself to avoid the damage.

He’s a viable support vs caster cores like timbersaw or necro and mega-good against disabler supports. He’s not a good lane-present core because he gets destroyed by click harass. If you have a kill combo where the opposing team will leave you completely uncontested then you might be able to farm him (aggro lane?).

This is really interesting, thanks.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Dota is the definition of a literal salt mine

You must harness the salt

You must become the salt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

Internet Kraken posted:

This is probably a :can: but how do most people consider the state of the game to be since a year ago? Better or worse? Its always surprised me that there are so many huge changes so late into development.

Honestly I might just quit playing. The incrimental and well thought out changes IceFrog used to make are history, now Valve makes sweeping changes with seemingly zero consideration of how it'll change the game or interact with other changes.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 1, 2017

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

JollyPubJerk posted:

uhuh, I also have happy go lucky SJW accounts too

can you use them to post

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Reality Winner posted:

can you use them to post

lol

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Jpj have you ever considered the fact that you wouldn't need alt accounts if you just stopped using the n word

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I like how almost all of the new effects have undefined tooltips.

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS

DNK posted:

WK is still the same WK but now he farms the jungle even better and has a great solo kill / pushing ability. In addition his “no mana cost reincarn” talent got moved to 20 instead of 25.

He’s very solidly buffed. I think he’d make for a pretty drat good 4 position as well with the skeleton / instakill addition.

Support WK is my favorite position ever and from what I can tell they only improved it.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Was Here posted:

Jpj have you ever considered the fact that you wouldn't need alt accounts if you just stopped using the n word

if you think that's the only difference I have a bridge I'd like to sell you

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DNK posted:

He is also the king of skeletons. One might call him a Skeleton King.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I haven't played dota for probably 9 months but I downloaded the patch and played a Turbo game as Sven and won against the Pangolin and the Dark Elf. I might play a few more games, but dota is still dota and I think 2000 hours was probably my limit.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaOgZwk9rN8

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So the impression I'm getting is it's time to go back to the premier MOBA, Heroes of the Storm now that Dota 2 has been killed by the SJWs at Valve. Is this correct?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Cuntellectual posted:

Honestly I might just quit playing. The incrimental and well thought out changes IceFrog used to make are history, now Valve makes sweeping changes with seemingly zero consideration of how it'll change the game or interact with other changes.
Every major Dota patch as long as I've been following Dota 2 has had a whole list of wacky batshit ideas in it, then the minor patches claw back some of the stupider ones (like comeback gold). I'm not sure what game you're playing.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
HOTS is bad, LoL is really bad, and dota is bad too. but probably the least bad of the FARTS genre.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

JollyPubJerk posted:

JPJ is right, dota poster Luna Was Here, there are many more actions than this that separate him from someone with a positive Good Boy Score

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
post a madcast video anytime JPJ shows up and starts talking about the unfairness of his good boy scoring

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

mikeraskol posted:

I wonder if the massive winrate dips for Tiny and Morph are more indicative of people not sure how to play them yet or the changes. I thought both looked very weak when reading the notes and trying them out on test and the drops seem to confirm that, but honestly nobody has any idea what they are doing with them yet.

The loss of the replicant for Morphling as both a defensive tool and a movement tool seems really tough.

He seems like he could make for an interesting Agility Rubick with his new morph; clone an enemy initiator/disabler, shut down an enemy carry, then use the morph as a second healthbar (I assume that Morph can exit the cloneform before dying to retain his normal hp, Brewmaster style). His 25 talent lets him copy allies, which means he can make up for low farm by just copying an ally carry or initiator.

Granted this is all pulled straight from my rear end since I haven't played new morph yet. I guess it depends on if the stats he copies includes items.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Incoherence posted:

Every major Dota patch as long as I've been following Dota 2 has had a whole list of wacky batshit ideas in it, then the minor patches claw back some of the stupider ones (like comeback gold). I'm not sure what game you're playing.

How long have you been following Dota 2?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

JollyPubJerk posted:

i think the main issue is that your brain disease seems to like leaking into everything you do, you egregious stain of human poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Elman posted:

How long have you been following Dota 2?

I mean, I've followed dota2 since it first hit closed beta, and I can definitely recall sweeping changes that gave supports a second agh stun and removing orb limitations on certain carries and dumping a bunch of armor on a hero or letting a hero take their ult a couple levels early, in the same patch