Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Get a neighborhood child to complete this moon for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Olive! posted:

Boy these explosive jellyfish in a narrow vertical room sure do suck rear end

It's really satisfying once you learn how to properly slingshot them around you to avoid all damage, though. And then you get cocky and it circles back around to nail you in the face.

Also that area's most annoying to me because Cornifer decided to hole himself up in a really stupid spot that takes a long time to be able to reach.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Literally the next try

What E: vvv Pretty sure it was 100% this

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I legitimately don't think I can get this jump rope moon. Prior to 50 swings I can usually ever so slightly correct the frequency of my B presses if I feel I'm getting out of synch, but after 50 it reaches a point where physically I can't push the button at the rate that is required. As in, in my mind I have the rhythm, but Mario is not coming down quick enough to allow the next B press to stick. The minigame seems dedicated to have near as makes no difference 0 seconds where Mario is on the ground and I just don't think I can handle that precision.

Super bummed about this because I was loving Odyssey so much and this one moon is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

It sounds like maybe you're pressing the button too hard and it's making Mario jump too high

e: oh well ok

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Once again the time-tested strategy of "Complain on internet forums" pays dividends

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Nate RFB posted:

Someone please save me from jump rope hell in Odyssey.

Have people hacked the score boards already? I have trouble believing anyone actually sat there long enough to get 4000+ jumps.

spudsbuckley posted:

I've owned every Nintendo console since the NES but i've reached the point where i just don't loving care at all about any Nintendo franchise so i'm not buying a Switch. The idea of playing another Mario, Zelda or whatever is completely uninteresting to me.

There. I've said it.

wow how brave of you

raditts fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Nov 2, 2017

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I beat Wolfenstein. That's a great game if you like killing nazis and it sure goes places. But man, that song that plays during the credits is really bad imo.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I beat Wolfenstein. That's a great game if you like killing nazis and it sure goes places. But man, that song that plays during the credits is really bad imo.

I can't believe that's what they chose when Mick Gordon was right there already.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Big Super Mario Odyssey Spoilers Here

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

chumbler posted:

Relieved, because mmo-related design only makes games worse.

You're right but at the same time I'm sad because I don't get to ruin fishing for everyone, everywhere again.

It's me, I'm the bad actor in vidyagames.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Pigbuster posted:

It's really satisfying once you learn how to properly slingshot them around you to avoid all damage, though. And then you get cocky and it circles back around to nail you in the face.

Also that area's most annoying to me because Cornifer decided to hole himself up in a really stupid spot that takes a long time to be able to reach.

I took to just avoiding them completely instead of ever hitting them :v:

Manipulating the explosive spore shooters to blow themselves up is satisfying though.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

raditts posted:

Have people hacked the score boards already? I have trouble believing anyone actually sat there long enough to get 4000+ jumps.

It stops getting faster at 50 so all you'd need is make something to press down a set rate.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The most dangerous game: trying to drink the last of your coffee without getting the grounds that snuck into the cup.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

chumbler posted:

The most dangerous game: trying to drink the last of your coffee without getting the grounds that snuck into the cup.

chew the grounds! that's bonus roughage

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I don't even make coffee anymore, I just snort fine-ground beans

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm not looking forward to that stupid jumprope moon at all. How many volley ball hours do your need to get that second moon?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chumbler posted:

How did the grounds get in your cup.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Once again the time-tested strategy of "Complain on internet forums" pays dividends

this works for me with alarmingly high rates of success. its probably the small mental break of doing somethign else even for a minute

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

glam rock hamhock posted:

I'm not looking forward to that stupid jumprope moon at all. How many volley ball hours do your need to get that second moon?

i thought it was super easy if you go into 2p mode and play as cappy, who is lightning fast and has no inertia

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

oddium posted:

i thought it was super easy if you go into 2p mode and play as cappy, who is lightning fast and has no inertia

I see you went the route of the not actually earned moon.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i spent like 45 minutes before that trying to figure out how to get 2p cappy above the volleyball guy. i suspect he's on a pedestal to prevent that because there's nothing tall enough in the area for that to work

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It's okay, oddium, no one is judging you for failing to get every moon legitimately.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

It's okay, oddium, no one is judging you for failing to get every moon legitimately.
I am

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ometeotl posted:

she used the mechanics of the game to obtain the Moon, it is legal

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it's about the chase... the thrill of breaking games... im like the dang heath ledger joker, rob the bank just to burn the money.... :twisted:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

oddium posted:

it's about the chase... the thrill of breaking games... im like the dang heath ledger joker, rob the bank just to burn the money.... :twisted:

That's called combating inflation.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

God is dead. Our UAV is online.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of cheating the system to get moons, I decided to go right to New Donk City to get the jump rope over with and was about to complain about how bullshit it was, but then I thought of something and it made it so so so so much easier. Use the scooter. It can jump and unlike Mario it only has one possible height it can jump. That made me go from barely being able to do 50 to doing 150 in about three tries. Getting it started that way can be really annoying though and you have to time the first few jumps a little differently.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

this is the most consistent "easy" way i came up with but it's still not autonomous... the dream is out there

https://twitter.com/oddiummm/status/925887650376040448

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

yeah AC: origins isn't really doing it for me. maybe I'll come back to it some day but for now I'm probably gonna drop it

Pretty game, though

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm still tempted to pick up Destiny 2 even though I just know it's going to disappoint me in the long run

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oddium posted:

this is the most consistent "easy" way i came up with but it's still not autonomous... the dream is out there

https://twitter.com/oddiummm/status/925887650376040448
*a dozen heavily armed toads with bullet proof vests and sunglasses bust into oddium's room* you're under arrest for game crimes

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Nex Machina kicks rear end. More people should have bought it.

Yeah Resogun is still easily the game I've played most on my PS4 lol. I love Housemarquee to the ends of this earth. That press release makes me think Nex Machina isn't going to get the 2 years of substantial free content updates that Resogun got tho, which is a bummer. But glad they're staying in business

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

geri_khan posted:

My six year old nephew recently visited me, and he's got into Sonic. He's been watching a whole bunch of the cartoons, and spent some time talking to me about all the different characters - There's Sonic, and Tails, and Knuckles, and Eggman, and Sticks, and Manic, and Sonia...

... at which point I looked at his father and raised an accusing eyebrow.

Cross-posting from the Sonic thread because lmao

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I followed recommendation and got Steamworld Dig 2. At first i was generally liking it better but not wowed by it, but I got the hookshot a bit ago and now it's become extremely good. I went back to an earlier area and was flinging all over the place finding secrets. I love it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah the movement in it felt super good.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The hookshot is good stuff, and there's an even better mobility upgrade coming.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

I followed recommendation and got Steamworld Dig 2. At first i was generally liking it better but not wowed by it, but I got the hookshot a bit ago and now it's become extremely good. I went back to an earlier area and was flinging all over the place finding secrets. I love it

Yeah, its definitely a more carefully designed/robust game than one, a lot of the little dungeon challenge rooms are great puzzles that feel good to zip through.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Anybody wanna spend 20 bucks to buy an upcycled cheese grater baby doll?

Only 20 bucks on etsy!! lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Silent Hill enemy design has really gone downhill.

• Locked thread