Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
The post-ti2 patch made trilane on trilane the only meta for like 6 months. Post-ti3 radically redesigned the offlane. Post-ti4 brought the massive comeback gold everyone hated. Post-ti5, I wasnt playing. Post-ti6 brought talents. In between you would have things like global Drow aura, 65% pro winrate Lycan, Dark Seer Wall making illusions from friendlies, Cancer Lancer, etc.

It's always been batshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
if you don't enjoy playing dota then don't play it, there's really no need to make tortuous justifications to anyone much less the folks on forums dot Something Awful dot com

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But how will you know I don't like the game?

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
It's always been a cycle of 'huge patch with massive changes->2-3 smaller patches over the next 3 months with number tweaking'. This patch definitely has more big changes in the form of talents and fewer minor skill changes in older patches, but it's not really surprising since IF wants to utilize more hero/skill-specific talents and get away from the old generic ones (plus a lot of the lvl25 talents are completely bonkers). Also like 50% of these talents are almost certainly getting tweaked in a month so there's still going to be careful balancing.

that being said there's still a bunch of stuff i don't like about the patch like the bonus hero thing, the new primary attribute stat perks, and status resistance in general.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
Glad this patch made battlefury gondar the objectively best build for him

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I like a lot of stuff about this patch, but adding crowd control to the number of things you can no longer plan out is definitely not one of them.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

gangnam reference posted:

Glad this patch made battlefury gondar the objectively best build for him

i miss when the crit multiplied the shadowblade damage

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
I was able to squeeze a game in today, decided to try some mid bane. It was amazing. I went meteor hammer first just to try that out. Nightmare, enfeeble, couple right clicks into meteor killed anyone early/mid, then grabbing solar crest with the enfeeble talents turned him into a monster. I really only bothered with grip for waiting out magic immunity.

The biggest problem obviously is waveclear so I'll try and fit in a maelstrom early next time, but his kit feels so good you can probably build whatever on him. 40% xp talent ensures you hit 25 quickly so having the 550 heal from sap along with solar crest, and force/pike makes him pretty hard to kill.

cementsocks
Jun 28, 2007
Zombies, Zombies, Zombies

RisqueBarber posted:

50% of all mids lose

100% if they lane versus me, the mid winner.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

I like a lot of stuff about this patch, but adding crowd control to the number of things you can no longer plan out is definitely not one of them.

this is my #1 gripe. the mechanic just makes all your timings variable, it is super bad. and basically every game with a similar mechanic has ended up with it either being made inconsequential or overpowered and making disablers feel awful

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ambivalent posted:

this is my #1 gripe. the mechanic just makes all your timings variable, it is super bad. and basically every game with a similar mechanic has ended up with it either being made inconsequential or overpowered and making disablers feel awful

AGREED. That's the my #1 gripe too. It fucks with all muscle memory timings of any sort of CC combo. My #2 Gripe is it'll be at least 7-12 months before its canned.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Ambivalent posted:

Yeah tenacity mechanic seems poo poo but i'll hold judgement till Dotapit and see how it goes.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

For all you broke-brained Ability Draft lovers like me, Spectre just got added. Haunt has the companion ability, Reality, which has a separate button. This skill has no cooldown and no manacost and triggers Aftershock even if you haven't ulted. Pick this combo if you want to get reported by 5 mad people for ruining the game.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Bane's enfeeble talent is going to get nerfed. 120 free damage at level 10 is insane.

I'm torn on how good Kaya is. I've built it on invoker a few times and it seems decent considering how cheap it is, but I don't know if it's worth delaying other core items for. Makes RF orb invoker even more nuts, though. :v:

Anyone know how it works with % mana cost abilities like Storm's ult, or sustained mana costs like Leshrac's ult?

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Nov 2, 2017

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

post yours JPJ lets see that smilie face

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

mine is a very sad face, see why live on the wang is big stream https://www.twitch.tv/wangsbig

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I didnt snap mine but I got 6 reports in 4 games out of my 25, still got a smiley face so I assume they were found to be BS

Not too surprised about the reports; I tend to be pretty critical of pugs (tho I try to be constructive about it, no insults, try to be polite about it at least at first) and 7.00 has been a significant headache in that regard

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reality Winner posted:

post yours JPJ lets see that smilie face

it doesn't matter when an account gets the 3 flag. I got 16 commends and 3 reports the behavior score on that account was still 3 digits. Now you can't check your number anymore to track it

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I've never gotten a single report on that thing

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I get reported for feeding a lot but im just really really bad.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Dark Willow shits out crowd control she's really strong I think.

Wangsbig why do you stream from a kitchen

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Reality Winner posted:

So he can dish out the spicy playts

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reality Winner posted:

Man's gotta eat to keep up that Dota lifestyle.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
dark willow is loving ridiculous. that ae root is broken as poo poo. you cannot manoeuver in team fights, and it sets up any positional spells so absurdly well. it'll get a nerf around the duration, i suspect.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Arteezy currently showing how broken willow is on strim.

Level 15 with blink veil Kaya solo killing an equal level qop with just her bedlam in the time it takes for qops turn rate and blink.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It baffles me why she has two powerful ults.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

It baffles me why she has two powerful ults.

Her Super Wisp Ball still working during her invuln skill is grotesque.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Reality Winner posted:

easier to feed the enemy team if you have pots and pans ready

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I won every game of Dota i played today except the ability draft game where someone else abandoned. I loving suck at carries.

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Reality Winner posted:

thats my dota room, its got everything i need to dota for hours on end. no more no less

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I know I've said it before but just going MoM on a support Bane with the enfeeble talent can do an eye watering amount of damage, good god.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I’ma support tiny player now

It’s not going particularly well but it’s v fun

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Cuntellectual posted:

I know I've said it before but just going MoM on a support Bane with the enfeeble talent can do an eye watering amount of damage, good god.

Or take him mid and force the enemy mid to go jungle from minute 1 :toot:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
New Tiny could be super fun if they cut down on the longass cooldown on tree grab/treetoss. I mean Deadwood had basically the same thing but with a charge system and ministun on throw, and he was good fun.

It also would help with his issue of "mana pool is too microscopic to successfully chip someone into burst range" by giving him an Undying route of slowly wittling an enemy down into combo range.

E: at least start the CD on grabbing a tree. 40 second CD is just more absurd when it doesnt tick until you use up the tree.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Nov 3, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I actually dont understand why Tiny needed a remake and such a bad one too.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Kild posted:

They've been slowly phasing out passives for a long time now. Usually takes a couple of tries before they figure out a good enough replacement.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Kild posted:

To be fair, Tiny's been in a pretty rough place for quite a few patches now; the big "casters can now carry patch" made intelligence provide spell amp, which by itself gave INT nukers a larger edge over him, let alone the items that largely benefited spammable casters and long-distance nukers rather that point-blank payload nukers. Let alone the additions of faerie fire, raindrops, magic sticks that are filled on purchase, and cheap magic resistance.

This rework makes sense conceptually, in that it's playing up the only real gimmick people have been doing with tiny; strong ratting and cleave clearing. It just needs more tweaks.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The "beep beep" that Pangolier shouts for his ultimate is seriously loving dangerous. I'll be all prepared for a careful engage and then as soon as he does his truck impression I'm ready to dive balls deep and smash through every dude I can.

Pangolier owns.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

What's a good guide to figure out how to survive in off-lane alone, I suck at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmThatIs
Nov 17, 2014

Wasteland Style

frajaq posted:

What's a good guide to figure out how to survive in off-lane alone, I suck at it

Buy PMS