Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

i drink wine while i play ranked (mostly red) it owns

drinking martinis and playing teemo wearing a 3 piece houndstooth suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Once in a great while, I drink Jaeger from the bottle I keep in my freezer before playing. Classy AF

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Space Illaoi would have been way better than Void Illaoi, as a launch skin.

Adventurer is too good not to vote for though. Honestly I don't know why they don't make all of these, though it might be to gauge interest.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
IT was a toss-up between Adventurer and Space, so I tossed-up.

Space it is.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

Translations:
Support: do you enjoy occasionally sweeping a ward while your adc waits to respawn after flashing into the enemy jungler trying to make a sick play?

Mid: do you like determining which team has the poo poo head that makes the adc's life hard

Jungle: do you enjoy having a gigantic dick and want the world to know how cool and awesome you are?

ADC: do you enjoy being effective in the 1/10 games where your topside teammates haven't lost the game for you at 15 minutes, and being the blame for the other 9/10 games win or lose?

Top: do you enjoy playing patty cake with the other schmuck who got auto filled into this position

It’s been really easy to carry games from ADC through the entirety of S7.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
SirDeklan: I was muted
SirDeklan: i wasnt cool
SirDeklan: gently caress off

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://plays.tv/video/59f801a41792b673ea/-

dont play chicken with diana

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Bad news: I had a huge losing streak and got demoted from silver to bronze.

Good news: I immediately started dunking on people in bronze.

I'm too good for bronze but suck too much for silver.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it sounds to me like dunking on people in bronze is more fun than having a massive losing streak in silver so imo its a good thing

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

rabidsquid posted:

it sounds to me like dunking on people in bronze is more fun than having a massive losing streak in silver so imo its a good thing

Yeah

Winning is fun. Who cares about e-stats unless youre like a mega loser.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Yeah I probably should've added that those bronze games were the funniest poo poo for me. I wanna stake my claim to this territory and make it my home.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
If there was a way to make your MMR stop growing past a certain point I'd anchor myself in low gold an never move from there.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

do you guys know anything about radios. and what adc/support combo is the strongest early game kill lane without being a gimmick

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

do you guys know anything about radios. and what adc/support combo is the strongest early game kill lane without being a gimmick

Leona/anything, probably Leona/Draven

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

pog boyfriend posted:

and what adc/support combo is the strongest early game kill lane without being a gimmick

I'd say :

is a strong contender.

You could also go thunderlords for even dumber burst.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Did they over-buff urgot? Every time I see him now he seems like an unkillable piece of poo poo who destroys tanks because of how ridiculous that maxhp damage is on him now.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

at low elo sona wrecks if you're smart about the autoattack reset she gets from every third power chord stack. if youre plat or higher it gets risky since her attack range is kinda low though

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Shelvocke posted:

[leona killing morons]

Animated!

do your opponents not... understand what a level is

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

kingcobweb posted:

my opponents dont understand what a minion is

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Guess the champs. They are easy (these are from Riot survey data):

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

irelias has beautiful and waifu in multiple places

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Braum, Teemo, Jinx, and Irelia

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

irelias has beautiful and waifu in multiple places

And her own name, also jinx has quinn in hers?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sexpansion posted:

Guess the champs. They are easy (these are from Riot survey data):

theyre all dr mundo. dont ask me how i know

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Flat, Psycho, Harley, Pointless, and worst of all, "Viable".

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Vonnie posted:

And her own name, also jinx has quinn in hers?

harley and quinn are both in there. I suspect they could be related.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
TANK FIGHTER CARRY ASSASSIN

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

kingcobweb posted:

I honestly just don't think people respect the kill potential. They barely even use summoners because they don't expect to die. It has been incredibly successful.

Shelvocke fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 1, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my opponents today didnt seem to be familiar with barrier which, all right

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

There's a surprisingly large number of people in bot who flat out don't count minions for the level 2 spike and get creamed as a consequence. Running kill lanes works consistently well up until about high Plat/low Diamond, where you encounter more and more opponents who understand laning fundamentals (unless they're autofilled).

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Vermain posted:

There's a surprisingly large number of people in bot who flat out don't count minions for the level 2 spike and get creamed as a consequence. Running kill lanes works consistently well up until about high Plat/low Diamond, where you encounter more and more opponents who understand laning fundamentals (unless they're autofilled).

In Silver people don't go "oh gently caress I'm level one to their two" and you can just kill them.

In Gold, people do this, but they don't prepare in advance for it. So as Leona in this example, you can still all-in at the level 2 spike, but you have to do it right as the last melee in the second wave dies.

Plat is where it gets interesting

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Mundo is listed as 2nd to WORST tier on lolalytics, but I think that is very wrong. Just started playing him again after a long hiatus and his pressure game is still incredibly strong.

Titanic Hydra is really good right now and it's great on mundo for obvious reasons. You can't lose lane no matter what because you can get 90% of every cs from long range with your cleavers, and you are practically undivable past level 6. Even if you feed several kills in lane you just keep soaking up CS like a thirsty sponge and refuse to leave lane. I've won several games now just by getting 2 items and going mid and just standing outside of their tower, forcing their team to challenge me while the rest of my team cleans up side-lanes or gets dragons/rift herald.

TP/Ghost so you can always be where you need to be and escape any chases. Spirit Visage, Deadmans, and Titanic Hydra is core build. The damage you do is also really dumb. Here's my damage in a game where I didn't even team fight until the last 10 minutes of the game:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

kingcobweb posted:

In Silver people don't go "oh gently caress I'm level one to their two" and you can just kill them.

In Gold, people do this, but they don't prepare in advance for it. So as Leona in this example, you can still all-in at the level 2 spike, but you have to do it right as the last melee in the second wave dies.

Plat is where it gets interesting

i just killed a twitch twice at level 1 as leona because he didnt understand this. it never changes

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

d0grent posted:

Mundo is listed as 2nd to WORST tier on lolalytics, but I think that is very wrong. Just started playing him again after a long hiatus and his pressure game is still incredibly strong.

Titanic Hydra is really good right now and it's great on mundo for obvious reasons. You can't lose lane no matter what because you can get 90% of every cs from long range with your cleavers, and you are practically undivable past level 6. Even if you feed several kills in lane you just keep soaking up CS like a thirsty sponge and refuse to leave lane. I've won several games now just by getting 2 items and going mid and just standing outside of their tower, forcing their team to challenge me while the rest of my team cleans up side-lanes or gets dragons/rift herald.

TP/Ghost so you can always be where you need to be and escape any chases. Spirit Visage, Deadmans, and Titanic Hydra is core build. The damage you do is also really dumb. Here's my damage in a game where I didn't even team fight until the last 10 minutes of the game:

Tiers mean almost nothing unless you are a .01% player

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I can appreciate some Mundo love but executioner’s and morello and bramble just ruin him

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

I can appreciate some Mundo love but executioner’s and morello and bramble just ruin him

It's a good thing then that even when a team consists of multiples of Vlad/Mundo/Soraka/Lifesteal items, there is still only a 10% chance the ADC will build a 800g hard counter executioners in the first 30 minutes.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Every game I've played has had at least 1 executioners and bramble vest. I still out pressured and out damaged almost all of them.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Tiers mean almost nothing unless you are a .01% player

I agree, especially since his pick rate is so incredibly low that the data on him is inaccurate.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
So with hydra on mundo, his cleavers proc the splash damage cone...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Shelvocke posted:

So with hydra on mundo, his cleavers proc the splash damage cone...?

What? Why would they?

• Locked thread