Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I'm talkin the golden grail of team games battlefield 2, where you needed to build a mountain of corpses before you got a G3A3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I hate it when multiple games enter my personal headspace at the same time

Right now I've just started Mario Odyssey but am thinking about buying Golf Story, and the whole time I want to play five more minutes of Monolith

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope there is a good black friday sale deal on the switch.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
My current headset is starting to short out. I need recommendations for a headset that's under $100. Looking for over-ear stereo headphones w/mic, ideally one that can be both usb or 3.5mm jack.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Normandy Beach as the “social space” makes sense, if you consider that it’s not like all the troops and supplies just got up and left after winning D-Day, and all the other poo poo they had to bring in through the newly secured beachhead. The loot drops from heaven are pretty lmao and on Destiny 2 PC I can’t actually be “social” with anyone in that space unless we’re in a fire team already.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the secret is that they don't actually want you to be socializing in the social space, they want you to use the spicy ramen emote and open some lootboxes for everyone to see

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You know I wouldn't be surprised if the game made the items you unbox appear better than they actually are. Trick people into thinking the odds on the boxes are better.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Internet Kraken posted:

You know I wouldn't be surprised if the game made the items you unbox appear better than they actually are. Trick people into thinking the odds on the boxes are better.

this would be a bad idea because they'd probably run afoul of consumer protection laws as soon as they tried to sell a copy outside the US

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

the secret is that they don't actually want you to be socializing in the social space, they want you to use the spicy ramen emote and open some lootboxes for everyone to see

i don't think that's much of a secret tbh

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an91tmlO6PI

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Don't

Please

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I found this gif and I'm surprised at how well they looped it. Good on whoever made this.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

*Puts trombone to mouth* *Has seizure*

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

I found this gif and I'm surprised at how well they looped it. Good on whoever made this.

The opening music just started playing in my head

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

FirstAidKite posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RGRWTCQ3vI

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FirstAidKite posted:

And now this is in instead...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sakurazuka posted:

The opening music just started playing in my head

i rewatched trigun a couple years ago and it was pretty :psyduck:

i guess it's kind of like ff8, it's a lot of poo poo that doesn't match that they tried to glue together with exciting action scenes

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Trigun has likeable characters though

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
So does ff8

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

i guess it's kind of like ff8, it's a lot of poo poo that doesn't match that they tried to glue together with exciting action scenes

That tends to happen when you get a short order run on an ongoing manga.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

After we had finished watching the series finale of Cowboy Bebop, the friend I watched the entire series with put on the first episode of Trigun to make it look trite and bad

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
After meaning to go to bed around Midnight and still being up now, my opinion right now is that the Wooded Kingdom is easily the worst area in Mario Odyssey.

Really, I'm starting to think if I want to really love this game, I shouldn't go for every single moon, yet I'm probably going to go for every single moon.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

al-azad posted:

That tends to happen when you get a short order run on an ongoing manga.

I've read about some of the stuff that happens in the manga and tbh I think I prefer the anime.

Like, I know trigun was weird, but there's a difference between "vash vs a robot" and "vash vs a robot that is piloted by 9 gnomes" and "remember wolfwood's cross gun? well here's a guy who can wield 3 of them at once" and "legato used to be a child sex slave, just wanted everyone to know"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Trigun rules especially when it gets super batshit

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Caine the Longshot's gun is so loving stupid it's amazing though, I love how completely impractical and lovely that loving thing would be. In a series where pretty much everybody has firearms that are impractical as gently caress, Caine's takes the cake.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The White Dragon posted:

trigun unironically rules though and the anime does a lot to make it fit together as a genuinely interesting and cohesive story, if you want something batshit that doesn't fit together read the manga

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like that the only christian in japan made a manga where a guy has a gun thats also a cross

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If there's one thing I've learned through all my years of playing JRPGs it's that the Japanese really love their overwrought Judeo-Christian imagery.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

If there's one thing I've learned through all my years of playing JRPGs it's that the Japanese really love their overwrought Judeo-Christian imagery.

What's your favorite

One of my favorite random bits of judeo-christian stuff showing up in jrpgs are the legendary pokemon from ruby/sapphire/emerald.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

exquisite tea posted:

So do American movies, it's just one does it as 'the main character is literally Jesus' and one as guns that turn in swords that's also a cross.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

JC "Jesus Christ" Denton.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

After meaning to go to bed around Midnight and still being up now, my opinion right now is that the Wooded Kingdom is easily the worst area in Mario Odyssey.

Really, I'm starting to think if I want to really love this game, I shouldn't go for every single moon, yet I'm probably going to go for every single moon.

Counterpoint: Uproots are insanely cute

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thing Japanese games definitely lean into Gnosticism as source material way more than any Euro-American media has

al-azad
May 28, 2009

glam rock hamhock posted:

My early opinions is I hate the Luncheon kingdom. None of the moons were particularly challenging and I got 30-something on the first run without really thinking but the world is too big and navigating lava with the fireballs is basically like the ocean minus 3D movement meaning it's more boring.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

What's your favorite

One of my favorite random bits of judeo-christian stuff showing up in jrpgs are the legendary pokemon from ruby/sapphire/emerald.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Endorph posted:

i like that the only christian in japan made a manga where a guy has a gun thats also a cross

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/tomb-of-jesus-christ

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

JC "Jesus Christ" Denton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck6h2lwUAX4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

This was gonna be my other choice, but jewish pokemon won out.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I thing Japanese games definitely lean into Gnosticism as source material way more than any Euro-American media has

Debatable. While the mythology of, say, Silent Hill is literally Gnosticism (or a version of it) down to the whole "blind idiot god Samael" bit, there are just as many Western things that are Gnostic; it just seems that the Japanese will throw Gnostic ideas into an entirely mainstream product, while very few Gnostic Western art is mainstream (The Matrix is probably the only really big one).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

*runs into thread, panting*

OSAMA BIN LADEN WAS A GAMER

• Locked thread