Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Aphrodite posted:

The character designs are not one of the things people dislike.

I see, the movie wasn’t good but it wasn’t so terrible that it tainted the cool hulkbuster design. Got it. I generally have a hard time enjoying a good aspect of something I overall dislike so it just seemed a bit weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Louisgod posted:

How do you explain a purchase like that to your wife?

Hopefully he married someone that understands his hobby and he doesn't need to explain how or why he spends his money.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Am I the only poster here that got the Hydra Two-pack from TRU and had it cancelled after being charged? It's been such a pain for me to hunt for this loving thing in the NYC area. Am I alone in this?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

s.i.r.e. posted:

Hopefully he married someone that understands his hobby and he doesn't need to explain how or why he spends his money.

:lol:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I see, the movie wasn’t good but it wasn’t so terrible that it tainted the cool hulkbuster design. Got it. I generally have a hard time enjoying a good aspect of something I overall dislike so it just seemed a bit weird.

That's a shame. I can even will myself to enjoy just the sound editing during the pod race sequence of Star Wars Episode One.

Edit: aside from the announcers :(

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Blackchamber posted:

Well the Hulkbuster armor has shown up in the cartoons and the comics obviously, and I think it's always been popular so it doesn't necessarily mean the movie is what sold it for people. It's a giant rear end armor suit Iron Man wears over his armor suit and it can trade blows with the Hulk, this isn't rocket surgery.

Also popular regardless of how well it has or hasn't been treated in the comics, cartoons, and movies: sentinels.

People love big rear end robots.

Um, I'm pretty sure Tony DID have to perform rocket surgery to make that armor, so
:goonsay:

The Action Man posted:

Am I the only poster here that got the Hydra Two-pack from TRU and had it cancelled after being charged? It's been such a pain for me to hunt for this loving thing in the NYC area. Am I alone in this?

We're in the same boat, I'm in NYC, too. We should join forces and be figure hunting bros. Jersey is a wasteland for TRUs with anything worthwhile, I've been regularly hunting for the pack, too, and haven't found poo poo.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 1, 2017

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Fuzz posted:

Um, I'm pretty sure Tony DID have to perform rocket surgery to make that armor, so
:goonsay:

We're in the same boat, I'm in NYC, too. We should join forces and be figure hunting bros. Jersey is a wasteland for TRUs with anything worthwhile, I've been regularly hunting for the pack, too, and haven't found poo poo.

If I find any in stock, I'll post here and see if I can put it on hold for you.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

The Action Man posted:

If I find any in stock, I'll post here and see if I can put it on hold for you.

Better solution: hide the extras in like the baby section behind the strollers or something and then pm me where.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
My favorite part of the Hulkbuster armor is that it is code named Veronica.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Was there ever a knock off or something of the Sideshow Cobra Throne?

I would love to get one for my Cobra Commander, but I missed out on them when they released, and now they are pushing $400+ on eBay. I don't like it THAT much. Sure it was limited to 750 apparently, but holy poo poo. It's a throne for a G.I. Joe figure.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I don't think I get the reference. :saddowns:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

I don't think I get the reference. :saddowns:

Betty calms Hulk down. Veronica beats him up.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Endless Mike posted:

Betty calms Hulk down. Veronica beats him up.

Like, Archie Betty/Veronica? That's where my head was going with it but I wasn't sure.

Also how bad are the SHFiguarts knockoffs that are all over eBay? I'm looking at getting Chun Li but if I can get a significant discount on eBay then I'd like to take advantage of that, but if the knockoffs are total poo poo then I'm a lot more wary of looking to eBay.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Why not just get her retail? She's still available on a few sites at the regular price. I can't speak as to the knock offs, but the original is probably one of my favorite SHF figures that I own... Ryu edges her out slightly, and Super Vegeta I just have a soft spot for because I love Vegeta.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Rubiks Pubes posted:

That's not the codename, it's the name of the shuttle that deploys it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fuzz posted:

Why not just get her retail? She's still available on a few sites at the regular price. I can't speak as to the knock offs, but the original is probably one of my favorite SHF figures that I own... Ryu edges her out slightly, and Super Vegeta I just have a soft spot for because I love Vegeta.

I looked up the KO and yeah it's pretty bad. I guess my poorly worded point was that even if I was trying to get the Japanese version, it looks like I could save a pretty significant amount over retail by going through eBay, but then I run the risk of someone selling a KO and misrepresenting it as genuine.

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

Xenomrph posted:

I looked up the KO and yeah it's pretty bad. I guess my poorly worded point was that even if I was trying to get the Japanese version, it looks like I could save a pretty significant amount over retail by going through eBay, but then I run the risk of someone selling a KO and misrepresenting it as genuine.

It's getting a re-issue on January: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-026301

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

What's their shipping cost like? It looks like the figure itself is about $43 USD but it kinda isn't worth it if shipping is $15 or something.

I saw some US sellers on eBay selling ones they specified as the "genuine Japanese version, not a knock off" for like $37 shipped.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

If you buy one on eBay that turns out to be a KO you can get your money back.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Americans are spoiled by free shipping.

Just pay up. :cheeky:

.....as a Canadian I just pay whatever shipping is. No way around it. :(

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

If you buy one on eBay that turns out to be a KO you can get your money back.

This only works if they specify that it's genuine in my experience.

Obviously never buy from any seller located in China, but you may as well wait for HLJ to get more. It's a great figure. The quality of the SF line is on another level from the other SHF figures I've bought... they're so solid for lack of a better term. The way the joints work they just automatically move into natural poses for the most part and it's so easy to stabilize them. Really nice weight to them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Xenomrph posted:

What's their shipping cost like? It looks like the figure itself is about $43 USD but it kinda isn't worth it if shipping is $15 or something.

I saw some US sellers on eBay selling ones they specified as the "genuine Japanese version, not a knock off" for like $37 shipped.

SAL would be like $7 or $8 probably.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Robobot Kirby is up for preorder

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Guy Goodbody posted:

Robobot Kirby is up for preorder

That game was awesome, and that figure is awesome.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Blackchamber posted:

That's not the codename, it's the name of the shuttle that deploys it.

Well whatever. He doesn’t say “Veronica send me the Hulkbuster suit” so that’s kind of pedantic. So I revise my statement to be “my favorite part is the shuttle that sends the Hulkbuster suit is called Veronica”

gregday
May 23, 2003

Custom foam is finished for the Batman (1989) weapons.

Almost everything fits perfectly, except the batarang. I mistakenly used my resin batarang for this cutout shape, and this metal one has slightly different curves at the tips and won't fit (all the props you see here are metal, including the emblem). That's OK , won't be too hard to fix.

This block is about 36" tall, so my vault will be around 42-44". The idea is to use the movie suit vault as the basis for the design, but instead of having a suit in the vault and the weapons on the inner side of the door, use the entire smaller scale vault as the weapons holder. I'll build with a rotating wheel handle and interlocking bars and pins, but the vault will be mixed construction media with a convincing paint job instead of being actual iron or steel. Other than my 89 utility belt, I have no plans to build an 89 batsuit.

Also planning to modify the gauntlet to add a lock and trigger. It has the full range of motion and a tight spring to make the barrels flip out, but nothing to lock and release them. There's no reason that part couldn't be made fully functional, even if the gas cylinders are never able to shoot anything.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just got my first Hot Toy (Ripley) in and...

Thanks UPS, it seems like the interior box is fine from what I can see through the hole but god drat.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Something wanted to get out.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

E:f,b.

Sleep with a facemask for the next few months.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Box goes in the closet anyways, hehe. My Batman 89 one is flimsy from the poo poo materials they used for the flap.

Can't wait for your pics!

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Was there ever a knock off or something of the Sideshow Cobra Throne?

I would love to get one for my Cobra Commander, but I missed out on them when they released, and now they are pushing $400+ on eBay. I don't like it THAT much. Sure it was limited to 750 apparently, but holy poo poo. It's a throne for a G.I. Joe figure.

If Disney ever has a Villains line, I'm getting this for Jafar.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Vintersorg posted:

Box goes in the closet anyways, hehe. My Batman 89 one is flimsy from the poo poo materials they used for the flap.

Can't wait for your pics!

I don't have a good set-up for pictures sadly enough so I tried to improvise via using my projector and the desktop background I have displayed on it. I tried, I guess:

First time photos with flash to see all of the details:

Now some :effort: "fancy" shots:

So I noticed one thing though, the tip of the Flamethrower was askew:

I wiggled it a bit and it was loose, so loose that the whole thing came out. There was no glue in place or anything so I just glued it back together. I'm glad I was able to fix it, but after waiting all this time and spending so much on crème de la crème of figures. Also, there was soft plastic around her neck and it seems to be under her shirt as well but I can't get it off. It also doesn't help that the front zipper doesn't go any lower for me to get in there and take it out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Quit trying to undress your figures, we just got rid of that weird guy and we don't need another one.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Never change gregday.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

gregday posted:

Custom foam is finished for the Batman (1989) weapons.

We were just having a discussion and weren't sure --- are you having sex in your costume?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Rhyno posted:

Quit trying to undress your figures, we just got rid of that weird guy and we don't need another one.

I can't get this god drat plastic out though, the manual also states not to try and undress the figure as it'll probably lead to damage.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah don't undress her. I don't see any plastic on mine. I did have to glue the side of her jumpsuit back on, but otherwise she rules.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

We were just having a discussion and weren't sure --- are you having sex in your costume?

What's the point if you aren't?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah don't undress her. I don't see any plastic on mine. I did have to glue the side of her jumpsuit back on, but otherwise she rules.

It's the same plastic that was on the neck piece, there's a lot wrapped around the body of the figure under the clothing for me and it's coming out of the top of the shirt collar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

You may have posted it before, but I'd love some close-ups of your Cap collection in the background. As a Blue Beetle and Booster Gold collector, I love character-specific collections.

Photos usually turn out lovely, here is a quick little video. TRIGGER WARNING: THIS CHARACTER COLLECTION HAS POPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xzr_V_ua2c