Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Also something I was wondering about now, how are forest dragons stacking up against helf and delf dragons? I know that it basically goes sun <moon <black <star but don't know where forest falls in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
It's equivalent to a sun dragon, but with poison attacks and 20% physical resistance.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

man I really wish I was the person at CA in charge of all the sync-kill animations for when the Necrosphinx comes out with TKs...

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

man I really wish I was the person at CA in charge of all the sync-kill animations for when the Necrosphinx comes out with TKs...

So far as i know there isn't anyone. It was basically the animators having fun in their own time.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Blinks77 posted:

So far as i know there isn't anyone. It was basically the animators having fun in their own time.

There you go, you should volunteer.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Panfilo posted:

I'm starting to see why people have issues with some of the overhaul mods. I wish they were more modular with some kind of special menu on the loading screen breaking down the mods into the following categories:

Units
Lord/Hero Skills
Research
Skins
Maps

So an overhaul mod itself could get 'taken apart' so that you could keep some things, leave others stock, and change other things with a second or third mod. Since none of the mods would have conflicting maps/skills/units they could all dovetail together.

The reason I want this is because personally I like most of the changes SFO makes, however while it now covers the new races I'm not sure if they went back and updated or modified any of the original Lord skills. The foundation update made some good changes to Lords, and I could definitely see a mod that kept some of the better ideas but added its own flavor, particularly to take into account Heroes/Lords can now reach level 40.

My ultimate goal would be to have SFO for changes to units and new generic lords, one of the newer mods for the actual Lord and Hero skills, Brutal Battles and GCCM map pack. Right now the latter two (generally) work well together, as Brutal Battles helps with pathing for unique maps. I know SFO will work with them, but I want more updated skill and research trees.

One final note: It is much more flexible from a player perspective to find some way to classify units in more general categories (not sure if this already happens). So for example a Lord skill that gives all Halberd units some bonus would not just affect Halberdiers, it would also affect Halberd Demigriffs and Emperor's Foot units.

You can edit mods yourself if you want to pick and choose bits and pieces from them. It's not too bad when said mods are already made and you just need to change/delete some entries in PFM. I do it all the time for faction reskin mods in particular, since I'll frequently prefer one mod's style over another for a specific unit or two. I don't know jack poo poo about variantmeshes but it's still a 5 minute job.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Some of the ME and TW1 bonus objectives make me laugh. Have like 45 units in play for the bonus, but its occupy, sack or raze 6 provinces for the major. I will usually have attacked that many towns with just my starting army of like 15 dudes... because theres no way in hell I could afford 45 units without sacking or occupying 6 towns.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Vargs posted:

You can edit mods yourself if you want to pick and choose bits and pieces from them. It's not too bad when said mods are already made and you just need to change/delete some entries in PFM. I do it all the time for faction reskin mods in particular, since I'll frequently prefer one mod's style over another for a specific unit or two. I don't know jack poo poo about variantmeshes but it's still a 5 minute job.

I am seriously debating on changing one mod just so that immortal can be added to units as well as a skill dump.

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme

AnEdgelord posted:

I'm honestly more worried about their massive amounts anti-large, do you just not take monsters against norsca?

depends on your faction. Empire or Greenskin infantry spam used to own them due to cost effective anti large infantry

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
Empire beat Norsca with Net of Amyntok and Earth Blood, the same way it beat everyone else. Their demigryph knights could engage the Norscan anti-large units like Skinwolves one a at a time with the net. But Flagellants and demigryph knight got relatively worse so who knows.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Anyone know a mod that adds a new building to the game? I'm trying to do it and have everything working except assigning it a name and unique flavour text and need a reference to cheat from.

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

You may not know it yet, but I'm your worst nightmare.
It's not Total War anymore, it's Archers War: Warhammer (and it's sad)
I played total war series a lot, even in first shogun, but archers balance Mortal Empire and W2 make me really upset.

It's just total dominance archers here, High elves and Wooden elves aka "pay-to-win" like are have God Mode. You don't need complex army set anymore, no-no, just get 15 archers and a few infantry, it's all, now every your battles will looks like "pew-pew" we win, 50 losses. 1300 kills.

Very funny when High elves attack you, they have archer-spearmen, and you even can't counter-pick them with your cavalry or flying-units, cause they will kill cavalry too, what a nice-balanced units (rest and peace bretonnia).

Even in high-end siege you can't counter them, cause elves much stronger on ground(!) then Empire(for example) gunner on wall with towers !

It's all make me really sad, I'd like total war for good tactics, unexpected maneuvers, etc.

Not for standing and pew-pew-win without looses.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn posted:

I played total war series a lot, even in first shogun, but archers balance Mortal Empire and W2 make me really upset.

It's just total dominance archers here, High elves and Wooden elves aka "pay-to-win" like are have God Mode. You don't need complex army set anymore, no-no, just get 15 archers and a few infantry, it's all, now every your battles will looks like "pew-pew" we win, 50 losses. 1300 kills.

Very funny when High elves attack you, they have archer-spearmen, and you even can't counter-pick them with your cavalry or flying-units, cause they will kill cavalry too, what a nice-balanced units (rest and peace bretonnia).

Even in high-end siege you can't counter them, cause elves much stronger on ground(!) then Empire(for example) gunner on wall with towers !

It's all make me really sad, I'd like total war for good tactics, unexpected maneuvers, etc.

what?

i don't think that archers are too op unless you're talking strictly you using them against AI

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

So you think we'll ever see Nagash in the game? I was banking on him being a chaos invasion but from the south sort of existential threat, but I don't see that being the most original or fun thing anymore.

Tomb Kings would be the obvious place to slot him in; but looking at the Mortal Empires map Khemri and Lahmia have 10 slots. So going by that, it's Settra, and then I guess maybe Arkhan starts in Lahmia? Alternatively Neferata for maximum possible vampires, gently caress it.

I could see a mini vortex campaign sort of thing added to ME, where if you play as Arkhan you go around the world getting the stuff to piece Nagash back together, whereas Settra gathers poo poo stolen from him because nobody steals his poo poo. Perhaps the latter needs a bit of work.

Aurubin fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Nov 2, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You ever met a Vampire, son?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Source you quotes please.

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

Lt. Lizard posted:

Source you quotes please.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/594570/discussions/0/1480982338960226044/

Ho Chi Minh Holiday Inn
Jul 11, 2006

There are some nuts there that think all the walled town AI towers should be way stronger as well.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ah man you loving jerk.

Anyway I learned to chariot recently and oh my.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Okay so, I don't know if it's just me or what has happened exactly but I've managed to get the big Chaos Invasion event and it went pretty much how it was supposed to (as Wood Elves). First Chaos Warrior invasion kicks off and the Warrriors of Chaos faction starts at war with everyone except the Norscans, same with the Brayherds of Chaos. Three lesser factions spawn in, and they're at war with me but also with two or three other main factions in the general area of where they spawned. The one that spawns in the Southlands gets stuck into Clan Mors and a few other factions in the region throw themselves into war with them. The other two lesser factions send two of their four stacks at my coastline and the other two for each I never see (Ulthuan's eastern coast does get razed a fair bit though). I presume they did that cause my borders were weak and all over the place. They all inevitably get worn down.

Archaon kicks off his big invasion not too long after that and still the Chaos Warriors are at war with everyone and they get tangled up trying to fight Bretonnia, The Empire, The Dwarves and Kislev while I start smashing everyone to death with Durthu. The three lesser factions spawn some more stuff in again just like before, but also the Bjornlings swoos right into the Southlands and Badlands as well and are at war with everyone. I've since killed the Warriors of Chaos and Brayherds of Chaos factions, and I think there's only one last of the minor factions still puttering around before the apocalypse is averted. But overall everything happened exactly how it seems like it was supposed to.

It was extremely fun, but nothing like what people have been talking about here. I guess I'll have to try it as another faction and see what happens.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Lol I uninstalled the assembly kit stuff so I could get a fresh start since i've been really struggling figure it out and maybe I hosed something up at the get go. Steam wiped the game's folder. What in the actual loving gently caress

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

JBP posted:

Ah man you loving jerk.

Anyway I learned to chariot recently and oh my.

How does one chariot? I always ignored them up to now.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You drive them into motherfuckers and then you drive them right on out. Then you turn them around and drive them back in. Ignore the big armoured man with an axe on the back. He's just there for ballast.

E: seriously they crash morale so hard. Let the line engage then drive chariots into the sides. You fold armies in so quickly. It's amazing.

JBP fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Nov 2, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Surtha Ek was right.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
The doomwheel was nature's perfect predator all along

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
From my recent dark&high elf campaigns, I learnt thst chariots are effectively hell on wheels, heroes mounted on chariots are literally Hitler.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Did you use it on a save game or a new game? The author doesn't seem to think it will work with a save game, but chaos hasn't spawned yet so...?

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
If you want to learn how to use chariots just start using Doomwheels. Doomwheels are so good. I routinely take 2 in quick battle against just about everyone since who is gonna bring anti large against skaven? An idiot? Then I just drive them back and forth through the ranks. The synergy between gutter runners, Doomwheels, and artillery is real good. Of course it doesnt leave you with much but slaves to do the actual fighting, but who cares?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

sassassin posted:

Anyone know a mod that adds a new building to the game? I'm trying to do it and have everything working except assigning it a name and unique flavour text and need a reference to cheat from.

That's not in data.pack, it's in local_en.pack. Different languages have different localizations to change that in.

Text > DB > building_culture_variants and building something else. You have to set the short tooltip thing in one of the building_levels tables in the main part as well, I don't remember which exactly since I just use the tier 4 major flavor text since that's how the 1-3s do it anyway. I think it's called short_description or something.

Also tier 4 minor settlements are a new building if you want to see all the tables I edit, although it's probably more than you need.

Gitro posted:

Lol I uninstalled the assembly kit stuff so I could get a fresh start since i've been really struggling figure it out and maybe I hosed something up at the get go. Steam wiped the game's folder. What in the actual loving gently caress

The assembly kit is kinda more hassle than it's worth for basic DB edits, since you have to extract the stuff out and all that. Just get the PFM, make a new mod, add in the tables you want from File > Add, and save it to you warhams directory. The Assembly kit gets handy for model viewing and looking up entry interaction across the DB with global searches.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Nov 2, 2017

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

genericnick posted:

How does one chariot? I always ignored them up to now.

Just don't take chariots onto stairs.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Chariots are just cav with an even heavier reliance on charging and a consequently higher micro requirement. You just have to charge them into a blob and make sure they get out the other side and keep running.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Are Goblin chariots still garbage? Shame they never opted to mount a small bolt thrower on them for some decent firepower.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

If you want to learn how to use chariots just start using Doomwheels. Doomwheels are so good. I routinely take 2 in quick battle against just about everyone since who is gonna bring anti large against skaven? An idiot? Then I just drive them back and forth through the ranks. The synergy between gutter runners, Doomwheels, and artillery is real good. Of course it doesnt leave you with much but slaves to do the actual fighting, but who cares?

I'm playing against a mate tomorrow and he's going to taste the full spiky wheeled fury of as many chariots as I can get. I guarantee he will be like "nice meme when is the real game" before witnessing the final doom of man and beast alike.

I never bought a single wheel in my Skaven campaign because everyone was like "they're ok by micro heavy". I feel like a jackass now.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Chariots are just cav with an even heavier reliance on charging and a consequently higher micro requirement. You just have to charge them into a blob and make sure they get out the other side and keep running.

This is true, but they're also incredibly resilient. I'd be worried about a cavalry charge down the throat of archers at t3, but chariots have the HP and armour to get there and be 100% effective. I'd always gone with a couple of cavalry units to break units, but I'd get them bogged down more often than I do chariots. You can get them going even if they get a little stuck more often than not.

JBP fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Nov 2, 2017

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Dandywalken posted:

Are Goblin chariots still garbage? Shame they never opted to mount a small bolt thrower on them for some decent firepower.

Goblins don't have bolt throwers.

It would have to be a doom diver.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Well they have Spear Chukkas, but I didn't want to sound racist.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NO/Grot-Spear-Chukka

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Dandywalken posted:

Well they have Spear Chukkas, but I didn't want to sound racist.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NO/Grot-Spear-Chukka

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

F...gently caress!!! :eyepop:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

There is so much suspect old GW stuff around. On the other hand old 40k was pretty cool given that it leant heavily into 2000AD style funny criticisms of fascism and poo poo until it turned into a dead eyed space borne white power fantasy.

I still like fantasy and 40k though :V

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

JBP posted:

There is so much suspect old GW stuff around. On the other hand old 40k was pretty cool given that it leant heavily into 2000AD style funny criticisms of fascism and poo poo until it turned into a dead eyed space borne white power fantasy.

I still like fantasy and 40k though :V

GW made the biggest mistake any company can, hired their fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I assaulted a garrison and delf army as Tyrion the very first turn. 1200 vs my 300. My chariot and Tyrion had so many kills, the chariot almost winning the game single handedly by diverting half their army and mowing into infantry and out again like some kind of possessed needle and thread.

Learning how to chariot is good.