Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
We had enough people for two brutal losses getting trounced. People left after that, so we really need to figure out consistent strategies and stop winging it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]
So, I spent half the not in my Khab last night following around the Tier X carriers on my team and announcing I was protecting the from subs.

Didn't help my stats much, but the collective tiers from CVs and teammates made it way worth it.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

ZombieLenin posted:

So, I spent half the not in my Khab last night following around the Tier X carriers on my team and announcing I was protecting the from subs.

Didn't help my stats much, but the collective tiers from CVs and teammates made it way worth it.

Yes, this brings tiers to my eyes too.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

ZombieLenin posted:

good job i hope you're proud

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
I wish I had time in such abundance that I could waste it pointlessly like that :sigh:

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
I wish we could beat shitters in clan wars.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Hazdoc posted:

good job i hope you're proud

Quite.

Cippalippus posted:

I wish I had time in such abundance that I could waste it pointlessly like that :sigh:

If for a moment you posit the following:

1. I regularly play full matches of this game because I enjoy it;
2. Because I enjoy it playing a 20 minute game of warboats is not a waste of time;
3. ZombieLenin gets tremendous amounts of enjoyment trolling Tier X carriers and the super serious boat players who would get upset his Khab is following around the Tier X carrier;

Then:

4. While it might be waste of time for me, because ZombieLenin gets so much enjoyment from this behavior, it must not be a waste of time.

edit

I've also started referring to people in Blacks "special snowflakes," and if they are on my team I say, "I want to be a special snowflake too," followed by "#LeeerroyyJeennkkins."

Finally I sail straight into the enemy team at full speed guns blazing. This also produces tears of bountiful harvest.

This does not come up often though.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 30, 2017

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

jownzy posted:

I wish we could beat shitters in clan wars.

There's a long tradition of this in Clam Wars.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

CW is all right. Typhoon is actually competitive. It's strange in a way.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Sperglord Actual posted:

After months of Warspite, the QE is a bitter disappointment.

After months of anything the QE is a bitter disappointment.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

McSpanky posted:

After months of anything the QE is a bitter disappointment.

Isn't it pretty much a Bayern?

Lakedaimon
Jan 11, 2007

MikeC posted:

Isn't it pretty much a Bayern?

I actually enjoyed playing the Bayern, the QE was a chore in comparison

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I have been doing better with the QE than anything save the Warspite. It has accuracy, better healing, and stealth.

You need to be smart about using the AP. Target the upper belt of BBs and target waterline for cruisers. I have noticed it seems to overpen cruisers less than other 15 inch BBs at that tier, which is nice.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I did quite well in the QE but the maneuverability made it quite the chore.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Go to 9.43 to see Kaeser get the credit for my 24km Moskva quadruple crit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SPubRagrMM

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Heartcatch posted:

CW is all right. Typhoon is actually competitive. It's strange in a way.

Put me in coach. I play for keeps.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Got my Iowa and I'm gonna be playing it a lot to get to the Montana. What are the best tips and tricks for it?

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Burt posted:

Go to 9.43 to see Kaeser get the credit for my 24km Moskva quadruple crit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SPubRagrMM

All your citadels are belong to us!

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

jownzy posted:

Put me in coach. I play for keeps.

You can't just abandon the clan you run, friend.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

Heartcatch posted:

You can't just abandon the clan you run, friend.

I think run is an interesting term. It’s more like minority whip.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
How do the rewards from the PTR work? I completed the PTR missions to get some stuff, but when I click the Claim rewards button on the web site it says there's none to be had.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Nearing the Henri. Of course now that I have a tier 10 the goon clan seems to be falling apart, so no CW for me. :v:

Let me take a minute to just say how loving good the Saint Louis is. I had close to a 60% solo WR yesterday, an average of around 80k damage ( I think ), and I had a lot of fun doing it. Most of my games were lost because my battleshits were not actually contesting points, although I had a few where I got roasted by a hidden BB.

It doesn't have any real utility, but damage is its' currency, and the ship spends it freely. If it had better utility options or better shells or good torps, it would be laughably OP instead of just pretty good.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
3 days of Premium left then I'm going to take a break from the game. The things that need to change before/if I come back sometime in the future:

No more Epicentre on Tears of the Desert: Can anyone honestly tell me they would play this game if every match was on this mode/map? I don't mind Domination on this map btw, or Epicentre on Trident at mid-tiers.

BB AP Pens on DDs: Its happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks in my Udaloi. Most recently wasn't as bad but still lost 14k health to one salvo (not even sure how many turrets) from an Iowa at 15km whilst I was in a full turn evading torps from a Kiev. I would honestly have been better eating a torp, which is ridiculous

RN BB HE nerf - its just silly

I would also like to see something to reduce the general BB population (especially higher tier German BB retards) but I think its well argued in this thread why that won't happen.

CV changes. Not even sure what.

I should unlock the Conqueror before weekend so I'll get to try that before its probably nerfed again in some months.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

jownzy posted:

I think run is an interesting term. It’s more like minority whip.

You're clan leader. It's the responsibility of you and your officers to make the clan work/win. If it's not working, find new officers or a different way of herding cats.

Do your best!

Mauzeraut
Aug 15, 2005

Ka-BEWWWWM!
I found a mod that improves carrier/filth vision issues from filth for the Halloween 2017 campaign. Also improves framerates if you have a poo poo computer (I have a poo poo computer).

Link to mod file
Instructions are in the .rar file also, but just shove the file gently into your res_mods folder for 0.6.1x. Don't spread this around too much as this is in a personal share folder on my google drive and thus has a download limit, though if someone else wants to host it be my guest.

Edit: Meh

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

kaesarsosei posted:

3 days of Premium left then I'm going to take a break from the game. The things that need to change before/if I come back sometime in the future:

No more Epicentre on Tears of the Desert: Can anyone honestly tell me they would play this game if every match was on this mode/map? I don't mind Domination on this map btw, or Epicentre on Trident at mid-tiers.

BB AP Pens on DDs: Its happened 3 times in the last 2 weeks in my Udaloi. Most recently wasn't as bad but still lost 14k health to one salvo (not even sure how many turrets) from an Iowa at 15km whilst I was in a full turn evading torps from a Kiev. I would honestly have been better eating a torp, which is ridiculous

RN BB HE nerf - its just silly

I would also like to see something to reduce the general BB population (especially higher tier German BB retards) but I think its well argued in this thread why that won't happen.

CV changes. Not even sure what.

I should unlock the Conqueror before weekend so I'll get to try that before its probably nerfed again in some months.

High tier maps need a look at, as they are full of dead space and massive sightlines. Whole bunch of maps have entire rows/columns in the map grid where there is no reason for anyone to go there or should go there. Tears of the Desert is a nightmare since the entire map is based on who has destroyers that survive the first encounters, and then winning the spotting contest.

For me, the AP pens on DDs is an issue, but in a way I think the amount of alpha damage BB's do in general is something that needs to be looked at. I don't think the all or nothing style of damage dealing is really a good thing for the game.
In a BB vs CA matchup, generally the BB needs to kill a CA before the CA uses its superior DPM and and fire damage to cause too much damage. Because the BB has such slow firing guns, they have to hit hard. So they have to balance on accuracy, which leads to a dice roll. You can twist and turn and adjust your speed all you want in a CA, eventually a shell or two will and it might be a overpen, it might be a citadel. RN BB's are just dumb because they do a shitload of damage on a hit, probably set a fire or two, and break a bunch of poo poo. Then laugh at fire damage, heal up and disappear.
I just don't know what a good solution would be, CA/CLs health doesn't seem to keep up well with the amount of damage as tiers go up. I don't think a health bump would be the right answer, as then DD's would really struggle with them. Maybe something with BB citadels not doing full shell damage because of reasons. What I do know is getting 3/4 of my health removed by a BB that hadn't been spotted isn't fun.

I wonder if sticking to strict matchmaking setups would work. 3 BBs, 6 CAs and 3 DDs. Or 3 BB's, 5 CAs, 1 CV and 3 DD's. That would go against the grand design of WoWhatever though with adding a slight bit of queue time.

I don't know, but what I do know is I have less desire to give them money or launch the game as things go on.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

In a BB vs CA matchup, generally the BB needs to kill a CA before the CA uses its superior DPM and and fire damage to cause too much damage. Because the BB has such slow firing guns, they have to hit hard. So they have to balance on accuracy, which leads to a dice roll. You can twist and turn and adjust your speed all you want in a CA, eventually a shell or two will and it might be a overpen, it might be a citadel. RN BB's are just dumb because they do a shitload of damage on a hit, probably set a fire or two, and break a bunch of poo poo. Then laugh at fire damage, heal up and disappear.
I just don't know what a good solution would be, CA/CLs health doesn't seem to keep up well with the amount of damage as tiers go up. I don't think a health bump would be the right answer, as then DD's would really struggle with them. Maybe something with BB citadels not doing full shell damage because of reasons. What I do know is getting 3/4 of my health removed by a BB that hadn't been spotted isn't fun.

I wonder if sticking to strict matchmaking setups would work. 3 BBs, 6 CAs and 3 DDs. Or 3 BB's, 5 CAs, 1 CV and 3 DD's. That would go against the grand design of WoWhatever though with adding a slight bit of queue time.

I don't know, but what I do know is I have less desire to give them money or launch the game as things go on.

I suggested in the past that BBs be unable to citadel cruisers, which is definately too far, but I think they could easily tweak some modifier to reduce citadel damage vs cruisers but leave it the same vs other BBs, and leave regular pen dmg vs cruisers the same. Likewise they could do something similar to regular pen dmg vs DDs. It wouldn't, or shouldn't, be hard to tweak this if they had the desire to do so unless their coders are fucktards.

I also like the MM idea and I think your split-outs are spot on and every match should be within +/- 1 of those numbers. I have never had any queue time problems outside of T10 CVs and I don't think adding another 10-20secs would hurt anyone.

I stopped giving them money some time ago outside of premium account. I started getting very suspicious of their attitude with the release of the RN BBs. T4, 5 arguably 7, arguably 9 and definately 10 all became the best tech-tree BBs overnight. Worse, they announced the Konig Albert was being removed a few days before the RN BBs because it was OP but the Orion shits all over everything at its tiers. There's a strong impression that they released the ridiculous Conqueror to encourage people to blow cash on free XP'ing to it.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

kaesarsosei posted:

3 days of Premium left then I'm going to take a break from the game.

:psyduck:

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I can't wait to play the unnerfed Tier 8 Cleveland.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

MoraleHazard posted:

I can't wait to play the unnerfed Tier 8 Cleveland.

That makes two of us. Also, the pensa definitely would do better at t6. Will the NO lose her radar due to the drop to t7?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Pensacola to 6 and Cleveland to 8 are super good moves, and I guess inserting the Buffalo above the Baltimore makes more game sense, even if inserting the Northampton at 7 made more historical sense.

Dallas is a paper ship, we'll have to wait for pictures to found out what it is; Helena is the St. Louis (1936) class, name changed for two obvious reasons; I'm also interested in seeing what the Seattle turns out to be.

Reddit people are bitching that the Worcester is underpowered for tier 10 because it has less guns then Helena and *historical rof data*, and same for Cleveland at 8, because when you post on Reddit you leave your brain at the door.

JuffoWup posted:

Will the NO lose her radar due to the drop to t7?

Seems likely.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 2, 2017

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
The Cola at tier 6 would be pretty monstrous. It is loathed enough that I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't adjust it at all, which would be hilarious.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
On the other hand, this game is about to discover a new low.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/552990/World_of_Warships/

Yup, world of warships is coming to steam. And you can take a good guess how that'll pan out.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

JuffoWup posted:

On the other hand, this game is about to discover a new low.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/552990/World_of_Warships/

Yup, world of warships is coming to steam. And you can take a good guess how that'll pan out.

Way more pubbies to farm?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Blindeye posted:

Way more pubbies to farm?

It's me, I'm there casual pubbie who never got past t7 after closed beta

Any word on whether or not you can use an old Wargaming account with Steam? Was it the same way with WoT?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What shocks me about the split is that there's no Alaska class large cruiser as a Tier X. OK, and also calling the Brooklyn class the Helena.

Seattle is probably the unbuilt late-war CL 154 design. Dallas is, judging by its place in the tech tree, one of the early sketch designs for the Atlanta. At least those are my guesses from a quick skim through Norman Friedman's US Cruisers.

I personally would've changed it to a Light/Heavy split tree as follows:

VI Pensacola / Dallas
VII New Orleans / Brooklyn
VIII Wichita / Cleveland
IX Baltimore / Seattle
X Des Moines / Worcester

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 2, 2017

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What shocks me about the split is that there's no Alaska class large cruiser as a Tier X. OK, and also calling the Brooklyn class the Helena.

Helena was a Brooklyn Class mod, so maybe the Brooklyn will be a premium?

My bet is Alaska will be a battlecruiser line rather than a heavy cruiser line.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Blindeye posted:

Helena was a Brooklyn Class mod, so maybe the Brooklyn will be a premium?

My bet is Alaska will be a battlecruiser line rather than a heavy cruiser line.

Not sure how since she'd be a massive downgrade after the earlier Lexingtons.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Helena wasn't a Brooklyn, she was a St. Louis. Though yes, they could have just used Brooklyn and made the St. Louis a B hull.

I too would like Alaska as a tier 10, since it theoretically fits in with the Henri IV, Hindenburg, and Moskva as an oversized cruiser killing cruiser, but the problem is the guns - HIV has 240mm/9.4", Hindenburg 203mm/8", Moskva 230mm/9", and Alaska 305mm/12"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Here's another possibility for the Dallas from Friedman: A 1932 10,000 tonner with 8 6-inch and 8 5-inch secondaries in turrets.

EDIT: Found Buffalo. She's a September 1940 design. 20,000 tons, 33 knots. Twelve 8-inchers. Looks like the torpedoes are a Wargaming touch to change up her gameplay.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 2, 2017