Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hustlin Floh posted:

Speaking of, why is the fat dude from Magma named Tabitha? Why does his co-admin talk like a pervy robot? Why can neither of them defeat a child with a giant cicada named Jon Cicada who also rides around on a catfish? This is some mature, dark storytelling.

Tabitha is named Tabitha because it's like his Japanese name, Homura, in that it's a feminine name, and also it's an anagram of "habitat", a which relates to Magma's goals of spreading land mass.

Courtney is just weird and not in touch with her emotions or how to properly express them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TFRazorsaw posted:

Tabitha is named Tabitha because it's like his Japanese name, Homura, in that it's a feminine name, and also it's an anagram of "habitat", a which relates to Magma's goals of spreading land mass.

Courtney is just weird and not in touch with her emotions or how to properly express them.

Never thought about the habitat thing, but why does the character have a feminine name at all? Just an arbitrary choice?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I can't even begin to guess but it's not really that uncommon. They probably chose Homura in the first place for its relation to fire.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

Tabitha is named Tabitha because it's [...] an anagram of "habitat", a which relates to Magma's goals of spreading land mass.

:aaaaa:

Shinjobi posted:

Smug Mismagius for your troubles

Disargeria posted:

I missed the distribution so here's my submission:

My two favorite pokemon, Steelix and Gengar.

Sent and sent!

Mismagus and Gengar are some drat fine ghost pals. :iia:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

what? I don't understand your reaction.

all the Magma admins are named after things relating to areas of land. Courtney is "country", for instance.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Here's one of the best ghosts dressed up as the other best ghost

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Squats posted:

My Gamestop had leftover Marshadow codes, so I have five (5) free codes to goons who missed their chance at him. Post a picture of a ghost pokemon or any other pokemon appropriate for Dia de los Muertos and I'll send you a code over PMs until I run out.

[x]

look at these dudes.... theyre my dudes

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TFRazorsaw posted:

all the Magma admins are named after things relating to areas of land. Courtney is "country", for instance.

Hey, there's nothing wrong in enjoying the more subtle puns in names in this series. Some are really direct but those are pretty thought-out and not clear at all at first sight.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

TFRazorsaw posted:

It never dawned on me that the eco-admins had meaningful names besides the obvious Shelly. Is there a reason for Mat too?

Zore posted:

Here's one of the best ghosts dressed up as the other best ghost

absolutely anything posted:

Sent! :ghost: Just one Marshadow code left!

Mimikyu, Sableye, and the Chandelure line are all excellent ghost friends as well! :kimchi: How did we end up with so many good ghosts?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Squats posted:

It never dawned on me that the eco-admins had meaningful names besides the obvious Shelly. Is there a reason for Mat too?

People have guessed at "Matt" coming from "mast", as in on a ship.

His Japanese name, Ushio, means "tide".

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The real question is: does Matthew call everyone a bro in the Japanese Alpha Sapphire script?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Squats posted:

My Gamestop had leftover Marshadow codes, so I have five (5) free codes to goons who missed their chance at him. Post a picture of a ghost pokemon or any other pokemon appropriate for Dia de los Muertos and I'll send you a code over PMs until I run out.

[x]

[x]

my new good friend

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Hustlin Floh posted:

Speaking of, why is the fat dude from Magma named Tabitha? Why does his co-admin talk like a pervy robot? Why can neither of them defeat a child with a giant cicada named Jon Cicada who also rides around on a catfish? This is some mature, dark storytelling.

This is an Arceus-tier nickname.

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

someone awful. posted:

[x]

my new good friend

Aaaand that's the last code! Everyone enjoy your spooky punch friends! :3:

Alolan Marowak makes for a great end to Dia de los Muertos with its potentially sugary skull! I have and love this shirt very much:

[x]

No affiliation with the seller, and full disclaimer: One of the four lady tank tops I've ordered from teepublic totally got a rip in it after only two months of light wear, washing, and laying flat to dry, so buyer beware.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Oh goodness, that shirt is lovely. Thanks a lot for the code! :3:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

absolutely anything posted:

This art style reminds me of Gurren Lagann eye catches.

I honestly thought they wanted the UB universe to invade this ones because it was more beautiful or something, so I guess the stakes were lower than I thought.

I would still like another game where legendaries aren't part of the main plot. My favourite part of blue was basically tripping over Articuno and being incredibly pleased with my new murderbird.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Beachcomber posted:

I honestly thought they wanted the UB universe to invade this ones because it was more beautiful or something, so I guess the stakes were lower than I thought.

I would still like another game where legendaries aren't part of the main plot. My favourite part of blue was basically tripping over Articuno and being incredibly pleased with my new murderbird.

I don't think Lusamine gave a poo poo one way or the other about the Ultras invading. All she wanted was to chill out in the beautiful dimension surrounded by the beautiful Ultra Beasts.
Anything else was not her problem.

And yeah, that was the appeal of the "low stakes" games, in that it was more exploring and finding cool new things, rather than having to save the world and all of known creation before you're even old enough to get your Hogwarts letter.
Both are good, it's just a matter of preference.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The trailer should be uploaded at the top of the hour. Probably closer to 5 after knowing how this stuff works.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/ultra/en-us/

Website updated with info first.

E:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXhtZHn3vDc

EVERYTHING IS IN THIS GAME

EVERYTHING

EVEN THE CAVE
https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/926071421012385792

Dehry fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Nov 2, 2017

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Welp I'm buying it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

which leak said all the teams come together for a huuuuge party

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Serebii just pointed out it's original Archie and Maxie, not the ORAS versions.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Dehry posted:

Serebii just pointed out it's original Archie and Maxie, not the ORAS versions.

but the timelines!!!!!!!!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

OH MY GOSH

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Maxie and Archie are in their RSE designs, not the ORAS ones

gently caress!!! At least Cyrus is here

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

wait

why is Faba there

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

less laughter posted:

but the timelines!!!!!!!!

Wormholes.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXhtZHn3vDc

e: I'm the person who's happy that the Genies, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza are in this game to help shake up the competative meta.

ee: also that theme in the beginning for Rainbow Rocket is p. solid

TeenageArchipelago fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 2, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I can't believe Giovanni put together his own Legion of Doom. Now I just need to know more about the battle agency and this might be the best Pokemon game to release.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Still not crazy of version exclusive legendaries / "you need the legendary from the other game to get this other one" ...why is Regigigas exclusive to Moon rather then requiring the three Regis? Would be nice if they could throw in a few mythical pokemon too, like how they did with Deoxys.

Complaints aside I'm still excited for an excuse to play more Pokemon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

are they gonna give all the old bosses mega evolutions? Ghetsis's only option in that area is Mega Audino.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I posted this in the trade thread a couple days ago, but does anyone have a HA Heracross they can breed the HA off of for me? I don't really care about any of the other stuff, I can get all that on my own, but I don't have any way to get the HA right now. I can catch something in a masterball for you, catch any of the Tapu's but koko with the nature of your choice(I already have copies of them that I am happy with), or whatever

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"
I have seen nothing really of the Ultra games. Is there any reason to get them if I wasn't wowed by SuMo?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ohhh poo poo. Kinda want it more now, retreaded plot be damned.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I have seen nothing really of the Ultra games. Is there any reason to get them if I wasn't wowed by SuMo?

It's not out yet so it's hard to say for sure but probably not depending on what it was you didn't like about SuMo?

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Cant Ride A Bus posted:

I mean, if you watch all the trailers on the official youtube page (maybe 5 minutes total) you'll know exactly as much about it as we do so???

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Raserys posted:

Maxie and Archie are in their RSE designs, not the ORAS ones

gently caress!!! At least Cyrus is here

what if s&m is the oras universe and us&um is the rse one

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Cyrus looks very tired.

wait, did Wicke bring SNACKS?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Manatee Cannon posted:

what if s&m is the oras universe and us&um is the rse one

I'm pretty sure the answer is going to be wormholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
If Battle Agency is just Battle Factory But 2017 I am going to be so happy, you don't even know

(real battle frontier please)