Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Now just have to hope that every goonlance pilot reads this and what you quoted + bolded earlier, otherwise one shot into the wrong target could ruin everything.

To be fair, Grier Siedman facepalming while his request for civility is ignored and everything turns into a free-for-all bar fight, but with giant robots, would be pretty great too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

mercenarynuker posted:

PTN has said that P/G skills are relative. So a dude who is hot as hell in a pirate on farmer mission might only be tepid garbage against ComStar, for instance

Also Stackpole's a writer whose only idea for making the reader like a character is to give them a billion powers and have people talk about how great they are.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Uh, holy poo poo that update. :staredog:

Ok, to reiterate what others have said: do not engage anything other than the Hunchback IIC and the Timber Wolf. We've got a hell of a boss fight coming up, and we don't want to make things more difficult for us.

I'm thinking we should group up near the main road in the center of the map and make those two Mechs come to us. That should give the slower Mechs a chance to catch up.

PTN, how would the Clanners react to the scouts retreating back to the main road?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

anakha posted:

PTN, how would the Clanners react to the scouts retreating back to the main road?

What're they going to do about it, get angry and chase you?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Holy crud, that's a hell of an update/twist.

I wonder if the Draconis Hellsuns would actually become more stable, because you'd have a huge influx of clan warriors without any loyalty to either predecessor state but instead to the unified whole. Meaning that any sudden but inevitable betrayal wouldn't be a 1v1 but instead a 2v1 as the clanners sided with keeping unification.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I'm 100% serious about challenging the Hunchie IIC, btw. Despite what I said earlier I really doubt it's the best option, but it's by far the coolest option. If GoonCompany would rather not sit around while two people get to have fun, though, I definitely understand.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Do we have to fight the two clanners 1v1 or is this a everyone vs the hunch and timberwolf deal?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

hooman posted:

I wonder if the Draconis Hellsuns would actually become more stable, because you'd have a huge influx of clan warriors without any loyalty to either predecessor state but instead to the unified whole. Meaning that any sudden but inevitable betrayal wouldn't be a 1v1 but instead a 2v1 as the clanners sided with keeping unification.

You'd have to retrain all of them to fight as part of an army, not an invading horde that happens to also have support staff.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Jade Star posted:

Do we have to fight the two clanners 1v1 or is this a everyone vs the hunch and timberwolf deal?

If I understand it correctly, unless we issue individual challenges, yes we get to dogpile those two.

Which was kinda what I was going to suggest - take down the Hunchback from range, then close in and dogpile the Timber Wolf.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Jade Star posted:

It's everyone v Hunchback + Timberwolf then everyone remaining v Kraken (or maybe Kraken + rest of his star since they're not in witness mode like the rest of the rank and file).

The Hunchback is mostly a speedbump unless it manages to control who can and can't shoot at it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

hooman posted:

You're not integrating the whole Clan, just the combatants on Luthien. Might just be this one cluster. Definitely not more than one Galaxy.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Defiance Industries posted:

You're not integrating the whole Clan, just the combatants on Luthien. Might just be this one cluster. Definitely not more than one Galaxy.

There are at least two Galaxies here.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's a lot of dudes, maybe a quarter of the Hell's Horses Touman and obviously a good chunk of their very best.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

dis astranagant posted:

That's a lot of dudes, maybe a quarter of the Hell's Horses Touman and obviously a good chunk of their very best.

During the early years of the Jihad, the Hell's Horses had seven active front-line Galaxies, which doesn't count PGCs or most formations of second-line troops. It's definitely a chunk of their very best if they're on Luthien, but a quarter might be overstating things fairly significantly.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

At least though.

520 points of mechs, vehicles and elementals isn't that much. Goons have personally killed 20.5 in one and a half missions.

With some change and spare formations it'd be three galaxies.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Nov 2, 2017

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

dis astranagant posted:

They're not both front line galaxies.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

They're not both front line galaxies.

The rest of Alpha Keshik is on world, quiaff?

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Nov 2, 2017

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Huh, that's an interesting move. Figured they had dispersed them along the border in cluster sizes.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Awwww yeah it's Timberwolf time :woop:

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
It's on now.

So, how many of the Hell's Horses are on Luthien right now? Did the Khan include himself in the bid as well?

Trial of Absorption out of left field there, isn't it? Surely a Trial of Refusal would've been more appropriate.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

painedforever posted:

It's on now.

So, how many of the Hell's Horses are on Luthien right now? Did the Khan include himself in the bid as well?

Trial of Absorption out of left field there, isn't it? Surely a Trial of Refusal would've been more appropriate.

The number of trials you could successfully persuade the DracSuns to accept is exactly two: Absorption, and Annihilation.

"Successfully" is defined pretty loosely on that second one.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Fingers crossed that we defeat the Khan without killing him. Would be awesome to use a pilot like him in the future.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

painedforever posted:

It's on now.

"At least 2 galaxies", which are large administrative formations on par with a modern division.

A lot of dudes but space feudalism means that they always seem laughably small compared to the territory they're meant to control.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

painedforever posted:

Absorption of your defeated enemies is actually very normal practice for the Clans, if they're any good. A Trial of Absorption is different from what Siedman is offering.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Why is the personal bodyguard of a Clan Khan piloting a mech generally regarded as only fit for solahma?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Clan Khan is such a great warrior, putting another great warrior there as his guard would only be a waste of talent.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Skoll posted:

Why is the personal bodyguard of a Clan Khan piloting a mech generally regarded as only fit for solahma?

Grier is really loving old for a Clanner (70+), it stands to reason that most of the people he trusts are also old.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Grier is really loving old for a Clanner (70+), it stands to reason that most of the people he trusts are also old.

That is like unbelievably old for a Clanner, gently caress.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
One day we're gonna see an Old Clanner Galaxy with Grier and Grandpa leading the way.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

I thought the command post was going to be like the Battle Bistro or something, a dinky truck with maybe some EWARs stuff. Also, wasn't this the mission that PTN said was going to have ~♡~romance~♡~, or am I misremembering?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm kinda hoping they don't beat Grier by headcap, he seems kinda cool.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Night10194 posted:

I too, am rooting for Khan Geriatric now. Simply because I find the fact that he's nearly an octogenarian and still fighting, amazing.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Need to get him and Ath together to form Clan Get Off My Lawn

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Hitman/Mongoose

I'm generally down for playing by the Khan's rules, but I'm in no hurry to be the first to engage. I'm definitely up for regrouping and letting Hunchy and Timby have to chase us down a bit before we get to throwing down.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Night10194 posted:

Skoll posted:

I too, am rooting for Khan Geriatric now. Simply because I find the fact that he's nearly an octogenarian and still fighting, amazing.

Also, one has to wonder to what degree integrating the Hell's Horses Galaxies into the DracSuns will suffer if Grier, whose idea this is, bites it. Ulric Kerensky in the original timeline made a comment along those lines when he was negotiating the terms for Tukkayyid "I can make that a solid bid, unless you kill me on Tukkayyd" or some such. Same could be the case here as well.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I mean, if we kill him in fair combat that he bid into, they may not be super happy about it but they'd be honor bound to deal with it. It's not like they'd actually be harder to integrate than the Draconis Combine warriors are. Those guys hate the Fed Suns even worse than the Clans do and they begrudgingly accepted it. If nothing else, they'd happily accept posts along the Clan border because they'd get a chance to fight "worthy" opposition, and perhaps die a glorious death.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jade Star posted:

Not to be a dick here but are you reading the thread? The end of the last page answers your question. And a post like 5 up from yours with bolded text on this page.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

This is amazing.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Not to be a dick here but are you reading the thread? The end of the last page answers your question. And a post like 5 up from yours with bolded text on this page.

Jade is well known to be functionally illiterate.

Are there any light omni's we haven't seen yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Very generous terms, and those dual ultras could swing the match with some luck, but I've got my bet on the ragtag Draconis Suns band.

• Locked thread