Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Sir Kodiak posted:

Though in terms of design it reminds me most of The Signal (also with Laurence Fishburne!):

Dang that looks interesting. Not familiar with it, will have to check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Violator posted:

Dang that looks interesting. Not familiar with it, will have to check it out.

I absolutely cannot recommend that you do that.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Gonz posted:

Got my hands on three sets of these at a local AT&T store yesterday. The store manager apparently had tons of them, and didn’t mind if I took extras.

I can't tell how big those are. Are they 11x17? 8x10?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Sir Kodiak posted:

Ohhh. So you were talking about design similarities to a specific CG element of a specific older movie,

Nah, I was using that specific older movie as an example of how I thought the design and CGI looked. You're awfully worked up over this.

McSpanky posted:

One of these uses of "objectively" is actually the complete opposite of that and should be replaced with "subjectively", can you tell which one?
Yup. I was parroting the post I was responding to. Objectively.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

McSpanky posted:

That's why the Spectre owns. gently caress all this namby tiptoeing "super advanced aliens indistinguishable from magic" stuff, The Spectre is The. Wrath. Of. GOD. Deal with it :c00l:

One of these uses of "objectively" is actually the complete opposite of that and should be replaced with "subjectively", can you tell which one?

Yeah I can't understand why they didn't pick the literally omnipotent dude who killed two countries in the blibk of an eye and has never really been popular except when he a) had no human component and b) was written by a theology student to basically just do a comic about moral dilemmas for the justice league movie

Or steel, the guy who shaq played

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

teagone posted:

I can't tell how big those are. Are they 11x17? 8x10?

13.5 x 20

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Get LeBron James to play Steel, he's been branching into acting anyway.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/WBPictures_Mx/status/925442818943971329

Cute

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

What was this? It’s gone now.

edit - I found it. It looks like one of those clips they place during a late late night talk show before they interview someone about their latest movie.

https://vimeo.com/240725294

Someone said the full line was You have the blood of the Old Gods in you. Do you know what happened to them? The Gods died.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Nov 1, 2017

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Jonny_Rocket posted:

As of right now, he looks like a goddamn video game character.

Are we talking Sega Genesis or like Atari?

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Sir Kodiak posted:

This is precisely what I like about his design. The character literally made from alien tech visually fits in better with the CG hellscape of the alien invasion. That seems appropriate.

Fair enough. With that rationale it makes some sense, but I really feel like they could've simplified his design a little bit, especially in the midsection area. As I said earlier, maybe it'll look better in motion, but the stills I've seen doesn't inspire much confidence.

UmOk posted:

Are we talking Sega Genesis or like Atari?

Nintendo 64

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Jonny_Rocket posted:

Fair enough. With that rationale it makes some sense, but I really feel like they could've simplified his design a little bit, especially in the midsection area. As I said earlier, maybe it'll look better in motion, but the stills I've seen doesn't inspire much confidence.

Nintendo 64

So Justice League looks like Superman 64

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Habibi posted:

Nah, I was using that specific older movie as an example of how I thought the design and CGI looked. You're awfully worked up over this.

Yeah, I know, that's why I posted pictures of The Matrix's blurry-textured relatively-undetailed models. Which looked good for the time, of course.

And, buddy, this is a movie discussion forum. We don't have to get worked up to talk about movies here.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

UmOk posted:

So Justice League looks like Superman 64
"Clark, remember who you are! ...and also fly through these rings!"

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation

McSpanky posted:

Forget Cyborg, what iconographic reject pile did that Batman logo fall out of.

I love bAtman

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Sir Kodiak posted:

Which looked good for the time, of course.

quote:

for the time, of course

quote:

for the time, of course

In my head this has a nice remix beat to it.

quote:

And, buddy, this is a movie discussion forum. We don't have to get worked up to talk about movies here.

Those sufficient conditions can be so pesky.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's the most overused phrase going to be in reviews for this? I'm guessing "unearned"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What's the most overused phrase going to be in reviews for this? I'm guessing "unearned"

Plot hole

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Al Borland Corp. posted:

"Where Zack Snyder failed, Joss Whedon succeeded"

Except where it'd be the opposite in Armond White's review because I'm convinced the dude is a contrarian.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Zack Snyder failed to sexually harass a bunch of women and destroy his entire brand in the process.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Al Borland Corp. posted:

"lighter"

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Al Borland Corp. posted:

"Marvel already did it"

"Tonal whiplash"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Maybe this will be the one where "Is Zack Snyder a fascist?" gets a mainstream airing.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

josh04 posted:

Maybe this will be the one where "Is Zack Snyder a fascist?" gets a mainstream airing.

That would be pretty funny. Thought that sort of retreat from making any kind of direct claim about a movie, which risks the embarrassment of being shown to be wrong, to purely focus on subjective impressions of personality, is more of an Internet shitposter sort of thing.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Habibi posted:

Stop telling people on a pay-to-post movie discussion forum that they're worked up for wanting to discuss a factual statement about a movie, please.

Also I don't like the aesthetics of the new Cyborg. Has nothing to do with the quality of the CGI, he just looks over-done and busy.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

josh04 posted:

I can't wait.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Where did that originate anyway? Was around these forums or was it from a lovely review? All that stuff kind of blended together.

I'm not looking forward to the reviews praising the soundtrack. From the music that made it out there, it is not good on any scale.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Where did that originate anyway? Was around these forums or was it from a lovely review? All that stuff kind of blended together.

I'm not looking forward to the reviews praising the soundtrack. From the music that made it out there, it is not good on any scale.

300 reviews iirc, Chapo also did an episode dedicated to 300 and it's connection to Alt-Right ideas

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Also AV Club did a piece where they compared 300 to Birth of a Nation.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Also I don't like the aesthetics of the new Cyborg. Has nothing to do with the quality of the CGI, he just looks over-done and busy.

Totally. It's just that "over-done and busy" look is what makes it come off as dated CGI to me. I wasn't trying to imply that the CGI itself was actually bad, rather, that the design made it look like too obviously CGI (you know - like how CGI used to be, where it was always 110% obvious what was and wasn't computer generated). By contrast, plenty of things in those trailers ARE obviously CGI (because they can't be real) but they don't LOOK obviously CGI. Does that make sense?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I think what you're trying to say is that it's very clear that it's not a practical costume because it's too fiddly and doesn't move naturally (perhaps intentionally, but nonetheless there is an air of unreality about it). Yes?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Yeah, that makes more sense, though The Matrix's Sentinels, which are blobs with tentacles, don't strike me as being that fiddly. For 2000s CGI, I'd associate that overly-busy look more with the Transformers series, which is all gears within gears to the point that the characters are just masses of whirling polygons.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/WBPictures_Mx/status/926161996818423808

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Hey, that fuckin' owns

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Batwing is garbage and the Spectre is the literal wrath of literal capital letter Christian God

which Batwing are you talking about, the first or second one?

because yeah the second one, Lucius Fox's kid, kinda sucks, but the Batman of Africa one they did first was fuckin awesome

and yeah the Spectre fuckin owns what's your problem

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/WBPictures_Mx/status/926191924750323712

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Somebody post the panels from the time The Spectre decided that Death Row wasn't good enough.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Cyborg's got a Mickey Mouth going on.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Justice League: THEY LIVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008