Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I worked at WinCo in college and it was alright

taste the employee owned difference i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

univbee posted:

Why the gently caress do you care to assault them? They're not stealing from you.

I'm not going to judge a guy who gets a pistol pointed at them if they want to go at the perp or not.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

That DICK! posted:

COMBO POST: donald trump is......!

Al! posted:

-being threatened with reduced hours unless you spend a weeks pay getting your hair did to be more "on brand"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/926137886407380994

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

VectorSigma posted:

"the customer is always right" has become a cultural norm and is part of the overlaying problem with this country

As a manager, my guiding philosophy on this gem was, "look, the customer is usually wrong, at least in part, but I'm the only one that's allowed to tell them that okay? So just come get me if they're making a scene and no I do not care about a comped french fry just do it"

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

YOU A loving HAT posted:

oh ffs is this ever going to end

or is it just leading up to uncovering the 50-person sleepover they all had at Putin's

picturing spin the bottle with all those old fucks :chloe:

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

some!

some such posts!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Internet Webguy posted:

The president’s advisers acknowledge privately that Trump’s unpredictable behavior could complicate the trip in ways big and small, from potentially escalating the crisis on the Korean Peninsula to flouting complicated rules of procedure. “You never know what he’ll say,” an administration official said, adding that the grueling schedule could heighten the risk of mistakes. An outside adviser to the administration concurred: “The potential for error is huge.”

:getin:

imagine if on a foreign trip trump breaks protocol in a creepy and sexist way that only he could as a guy worse than every other previous republican like give angela merkel and unrequested back rub

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
I had to have a water main leak fixed and the guy tried to sell me on jesus the whole time

he was a hispanic trump supporter lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

juche avocado posted:

can we get it through our collective heads that there is no such thing as the One Objectively Worst Thing*, and so it's okay for some people to whine about $THING that other people might not find whine worthy

*setting aside ________'s posting

I am trying to get it into my head but while I never do the "other people have it worse so shut up" thing to other people it's hard to shut up my own internal voice doing it to me

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

YOU A loving HAT posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA wait you've NEVER worked retail?

Wow. Now I suddenly understand your "why do people stop working" post. I get the context of these words now.

let me ask you...on your current job, do you ever have to:

-stop people from letting their child come behind the register and take a literal piss in the trash can under the counter because they don't want to go find the bathroom and their son is "special-needs so he should be allowed to?"

-break the rules about not leaving the store in order to go have a good cry in your car on your short lunch break because an angry customer called you "a loving ugly cuntfaced bitch" because you couldn't do a return for him without a receipt on a 20$ item, and your manager came out and instead of defending you, threatened to have you disciplined or fired for arguing with the customer?

-sat in a bathtub for an hour every night after work to get the shooting pains in your legs to stop because your boss wants you to wear at least an inch high heel on a concrete floor all day because it's "just more professional"?

if not, well. check yo job privilege.
I worked for about six months at a Subway sandwich store during High School, during which time the most retail story thing ever it happened to me was random customer complaints and people showing up drunk or late. After High School, I enlisted in the Navy because I did not know that ROTC was a thing. While in the Navy I had a wide range of work environments, which range from being the senior guy in charge of about 20 dudes on a secure Shore facility in which I manage their schedules and unlocked and locked the building and otherwise didn't really have to do anything unless one of them f***** up, to working 16 to 20 hours a day underway seven days a week because my division chief was exactly every a****** retail store manager IE if you have time to lean you have time to clean so every piece of brass must constantly be polished during the regular working day on top of watch standing hours and since I was the junior guy I got to do the shity watch rotation in the middle of the night so I was constantly sleep-deprived and addicted to energy drinks, but that's just how things are for the new guy on the boat and presumably for the new guy at various other military thing so don't interpret this last little bit as me complaining. The things about the Navy that actually bothered me was the fact that every single command level and even division level guidance was written and presented as though for someone who could barely pass a GED, which is true because the people who barely passed the GED and list as on designated semen have to be able to understand it, and there were all sorts of kid proofing rules not meant for actual children but for the young dumb and full of c** idiots who are your United States sailors. After that, I took 6 months off to go live in Canada with my girlfriend, then spent 6 years in undergrad and grad school, then went to work for the state government. So yeah, no retail experience per se.

Helen Mayo just Helen Mayo at you having the luxury of sitting in a bath for an hour everyday after a long day to soak yourself and then trying to call me out for having a privilege work experience though LMAO

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Shear Modulus posted:

fiscal cliff 2: the cliffening

oooooh theres that big ol heart everyone was talking about.

weird that it turns out he wasn't actually upending DREAMers lives as a ceding of presidential power and nidgebto congress to enshrine it in law......but amazingly, yet again, the president turns out to be a dumb cruel racist rear end in a top hat.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

a lot of remote positions are listed at the corporate office without any indication you have to live there. amazon, best buy, Apple at least all have at home positions. Good luck with Apple though, I've applied there like 6 times without a single interview

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

bo die tl

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

mormonpartyboat posted:

I had to have a water main leak fixed and the guy tried to sell me on jesus the whole time

he was a hispanic trump supporter lol

do you have hot water yet

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

skaboomizzy posted:

I loved data entry, I could just sit there and listen to music and nobody bothered me

a couple years ago I took a call center job and realized that I am now too old to drink enough to tolerate that job anymore

When I worked at a call center I slept with a bunch of people I worked with including my supervisor, that’s the only reason I kept going to work. gently caress call centers

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

:shrug: we already had a president :barf: all over the japanese PM on a trip

He was just trying to get his attention.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

mormonpartyboat posted:

everyone should be forced to work a year as a waiter at chilis or its equivalent

i worked through college at kinkos which is like a restaurant except instead of some of your customers being those entitled white collar assholes it's all of them and instead of burning yourself in the kitchen you get awful papercuts in places you wouldn't expect like all the way down the side of your ring finger

YOU A FUCKING HAT
Jun 7, 1979

I CAN'T BE STOPPED OR REASONED WITH

I did a thing posted:

this sounds like it should be illegal. and also, a bullshit excuse to put women in heels.

it's only now JUST becoming illegal. in some spheres. Sometimes.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why did the phone understand Helen Mayo that time but not any of the other times I've said LMAO

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

part of the problem with non grocery retail is a whole bunch of it is in absolute panic decline rn so its even worse

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am clearly slurring my speech or something the f*** is this

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

i actually went straight from landscaping to office work and frankly retail makes working 10 hours in the dirt and hot sun sound like a paradise

Of all the manual labor stuff I did before I fell into office jobs, landscaping at an apartment complex was without question the best by a considerable margin.

(The portion of that job that was cleaning out all the poo poo that spoiled college kids left behind when they abandoned their apartments for the summer was...not as good, but it wasn't dull!)

Actually, delivering/assembling office furniture wasn't bad either.

I haven't done much retail AND I AM NOT SORRY

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

part of the problem with non grocery retail is a whole bunch of it is in absolute panic decline rn so its even worse

Jeff Bezos is cackling menacingly somewhere thinking about grocery stores.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Addamere posted:

Why did the phone understand Helen Mayo that time but not any of the other times I've said LMAO

Hearing those voices-activation things say somebody's hispanic name is funny. Cuellar becomes cooler

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

retail companies do tons of poo poo that's illegal to their workers, they know most of their workers are too desperate for the paycheck to quit and too poor to hire a lawyer (and at the end of the day, you've sued your company for a payout thats usually like a quarter of your annual wages and companies can and will refuse to hire someone who sued their company)

Oh yeah, this was before forced arbitration existed so sometimes court cases weren't decided before they were held, so managers would fabricate evidence for wrongful termination suits and do poo poo like get people to sign incriminating statements by putting REFUSED TO SIGN: _________ and then telling them to sign that, which guess what, that's a signature boyo

It's bleak as gently caress, I basically got blackballed from advancing above RM because I wasn't enough of a hyper-capitalist, despite running some of the best customer satisfaction numbers in the state with a rotating crew of high schoolers

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

when i was working behind the counter once i checked out a guy who was talking on his phone the whole time and then 10 minutes later my manager came and chewed me out because the customer complained about how i apparently didnt say hello how are you doing enthusiastically enough

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i quit stop and shop for grabbing a nesquik off the shelf and drinking it, im sure they were gonna fire me but i had another job so i just told them 2 screw and walked

Al! posted:

tbh most of the reason im in a fell mood today is because im badly craving a cigarette but im not gonna go back 2 smoking gd it

get on the gum m8, werks like a charm...get urself a starter pack 100 pack of 4mg for like 25 bux

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

deathbysnusnu posted:

I really hope his pharmacy push falls apart in some hilarious fashion.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Harrow posted:

Here is a story from my time at Best Buy:

One time I spent a half hour having my time wasted by some old guy who kept wanting me to track down different CDs we didn't actually have in stock, and always turned down my offers to put in an order for him or find it at a nearby Best Buy.

Once he left my manager told me the same guy had been kicked out of other Best Buys in the area for trying to lure children into the bathroom and apparently they couldn't kick him out preemptively at this one because what if he wants to buy something this time???

loll'in at this

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

deathbysnusnu posted:

Amazon gently caress you, where Amazon comes into your house, steals everything (including your significant other) and then poops on your lawn and sets your car on fire

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i worked three months in a texmex place and it was fine except that i saw firsthand what happens when you pay teenagers-20ishes $7.50-8.00/hr to clean and prepare food with minimal training or description of why action rather than how action

like, cleaning the food: the objective, idk if you know this, is to clean the food. you ain't just setting out to get it wet.

watched a dude mid-lettuce pile using the same sink & water as some other guy doing dishes because the food prep sink was broken or clogged or something (probably because no one was trained on how to not clog the sink lol)

it was *dishes dishes* *guy steps away from dish station A to dish station B, freeing sink briefly* *guy dunks lettuce in dish water, begins chopping, freeing the sink back for dish guy* & repeat until i said hey maybe don't

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I did a thing posted:

this sounds like it should be illegal. and also, a bullshit excuse to put women in heels.

American labor laws are basically just a man in a suit pointing and laughing at you.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

YOU A loving HAT posted:

it's only now JUST becoming illegal. in some spheres. Sometimes.

that'd be nice

gently caress heels

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Schnorkles posted:

Amazon gently caress you, where Amazon comes into your house, steals everything (including your significant other) and then poops on your lawn and sets your car on fire

im interested enough to click on this and read the reviews

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nonsense posted:

I'm not going to judge a guy who gets a pistol pointed at them if they want to go at the perp or not.

Why the hell not? Police in other countries manage to deal with people wielding guns without beating the ever-loving s*** out of them, why can't hours?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/926135846742478848

womp womp

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog

Al! posted:

i actually went straight from landscaping to office work and frankly retail makes working 10 hours in the dirt and hot sun sound like a paradise

i worked doing landscaping too and then went into land surveying

gently caress the outdoors

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Addamere posted:

designated semen

:popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO