Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Omega Leader wants Juke and Comm Relay, maybe Stealth Device. Omega Ace wants Push the Limit and either Engine Upgrade or Twin Ion Mark 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

TheCenturion posted:

Here's the base for my current Escalation list:
"Omega Leader" (21)
Predator (3)
Weapons Guidance (2)
Shield Upgrade (4)

"Omega Ace" (20)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Total: 59

Are you sure you didn't flip around the pilots/upgrades? The upgrades for OA are the favored build for OL, and OA with PtL is about as nasty as they come.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Icon Of Sin posted:

Are you sure you didn't flip around the pilots/upgrades? The upgrades for OA are the favored build for OL, and OA with PtL is about as nasty as they come.

Some Numbers posted:

Omega Leader wants Juke and Comm Relay, maybe Stealth Device. Omega Ace wants Push the Limit and either Engine Upgrade or Twin Ion Mark 2

I'm having good luck with this, so far. Between Predator and WG, Omega Leader puts out consistent damage, while denying dice fuckery, and Ace's ability to force two crits goes good with Juke's ability to nullify an evade.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

TIE Advanced: •Darth Vader (35)
Engine Upgrade (4)
TIE/x1 (0)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)

TIE Phantom: •"Whisper" (41)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
•Agent Kallus (2)

TIE Bomber: Scimitar Squadron Pilot (22)
Lightweight Frame (2)
TIE Shuttle (0)
Intelligence Agent (1)
•Kylo Ren (3)

Total: 98/100

I'll probably try the version with OL at some point; the problem with that one is it has no bid and no crew on Whisper.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
OL is 26 points, it is written. For 25 points Pure Sabacc with VI and lightweight frame is real good for a Biggs-like effect and a massive R1 punch.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I like Pure Sabacc with Snap Shot when I'm loving around because 3 die Snap Shot is very funny

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I tore apart three TAPs and Quickdraw. I feel dirty after years of hating Whisper on the other side. Poor Quickdraw got PS0 from Kylo, then pulled a Blinded Pilot before he could shoot his regular shot.

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 3, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I tore apart three TAPs and Quickdraw. I feel dirty after years of hating Whisper on the other side. Poor Quickdraw got PS0 from Kylo, then pulled a Blinded Pilot before he could shoot his regular shot.

Just like child abuse the victims tend to repeat what was done to them. I too have been playing around with whisper after suffering a prolonged and brutal series of beatings.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Just fly ps 10 Raclo lol whisper who?

Edit: got guns for hire. Harpoon missile is really good, calling it now 2x deadeye black ace with harpoon cranes etc with Asajj is a top tier scum list.

Making starvipers work: Man that barrel roll is so good, it's a revelation. None for the starvipers are top tier because of PS issues. If Thweek had an EPT he'd be S-rank, but without I think he's B+.

A guy from local store mentioned guri with Intensity, and I think it's the best EPT for her, because you wanna be abusing those barrels because she makes a top tier bumper, so you can barrel to bump a ship and evade from intensity, then get your focus from the bumped ship. I ran her without virago and I think she does fine for her points.

Thweek, I think you always want to take PS. Even with abilities like Omega leader and Fenn Rau up for grabs, ps4 is just too low to use them effectively, when his best weapon is the arc dodging barrel roll. Unless you don't have initiative (but then why are you flying Thweek?)

Talonbane is still a worse Fenn Rau, he can't get R1 of fat turrets because they melt him. Only advantage is he can have a big range 3 punch with harpoon, but then just take a deadeye ace and save a bunch of points.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Nov 3, 2017

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Another list I think has legs is 2x tlt Thugs 2x Black aces (no scavenger). Given TLT crits can trigger the crane, there's a lot of consistent damage coming out of the list.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
What do you have an Assaj besides Latts for the 2 black aces + Her?

Iron_Chef
Sep 19, 2003
Chef of Iron

Raged posted:

What do you have an Assaj besides Latts for the 2 black aces + Her?

I haven't tried this and my experience is with Ketsu but we were talking about

Asajj Ventress (37)
Push the Limit (3)
Latts Razzi (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)
Shadow Caster (3)

Total: 48

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I'm not sure Deadeye is great with a non spend your TL ordinance. I guess you can equip Munitions Failsafe since it's free, but I'd be real worried about wiffing on that roll.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Iron_Chef posted:

I haven't tried this and my experience is with Ketsu but we were talking about

Asajj Ventress (37)
Push the Limit (3)
Latts Razzi (2)
Glitterstim (2)
Black Market Slicer Tools (1)
Shadow Caster (3)

Total: 48

Yeah I was thinking more along these lines, but I'm probably wrong.

Asajj Ventress (37)
Expertise (4)
Latts Razzi (2)
Shadow Caster (3)

Black Sun Ace (23)
Deadeye (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Vaksai (0)

Black Sun Ace (23)
Deadeye (1)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Scavenger Crane (2)
Munitions Failsafe (1)
Guidance Chips (0)
Vaksai (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

I just want the shadow caster title to be useful :(

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Looks like a big gaming store chain in Australia is slowly gobbling up flgs's. Is there any bigs chains in the US? My main complaint is I have visited 2 of them and they had both had jack poo poo for play space.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Raged posted:

Looks like a big gaming store chain in Australia is slowly gobbling up flgs's. Is there any bigs chains in the US? My main complaint is I have visited 2 of them and they had both had jack poo poo for play space.

Sometimes. Hobbytown used to be one, but outside of Games Workshop it's mostly a bunch of local stores as far as I know.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

Raged posted:

There’s one in the US called The Gaming Goat - it’s hit or miss for quality and generally they are all about Magic despite selling everything else. The owner is active on Facebook and routinely brags about putting people out of business by selling product 30% off. It’s a lot like Walmart but just in the last year, at least in my state, people are starting to avoid his stores more.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Only chain I know of is cool stuff inc. it’s been slowly expanding across Florida. Cousin lives around there and he says they’re great, but mostly plays board games at their stores.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

No, but I've long thought the comic book/gaming store was ripe for something like that. The quality and priorities of these spaces are varied to extreme degrees. For every nice place, you have as many (and probably more) dumps full of smelly gross nerds with cramped aisles and tables that are sticky from years' worth of spilled soda.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
One of the more famous game shops in AU is up for sale and it will be really sad if the chain buys it. Can't see a big chain running a bar as part of a shop.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

New Scum article up!

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/3/bullseye/

quote:

For example, when Dalan Oberos catches his foes in his bullseye firing arc, he doesn't just deny them the defensive benefits of their focus and evade tokens; he gains a free target lock.

quote:

Given how difficult it can be to catch enemy ships in your bullseye firing arc, especially when you consider that all of the Kimogila's Speed "1" and "2" turns are red, catching multiple ships in the same firing arc will be no easy task. That said, if you manage it, Torani Kulda will force them all to either discard all of their focus and evade tokens or suffer one point of damage.

Ship title:

quote:

Enforcer: "After defending, if the attacker is inside your bullseye firing arc, it receives 1 stress token."

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Cool, and here I was about to ask what a good Shadowcaster build was. Although I would like to fly Ketsu more...

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE
I really wish the bullseye arc could be retroactively added to every ship, because it looks like a really excellent and rewarding mechanic.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Baron Fuzzlewhack posted:

I really wish the bullseye arc could be retroactively added to every ship, because it looks like a really excellent and rewarding mechanic.

That's kind of how I feel towards it. The difference between "maybe I can shoot you" and "I've got you dead center in my sights".

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

100% agree, every Ace should have that. Can we add the Mobile Firing Arc to all turret ships while we're at it?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Reference to 360° arcs at the end of the article. :mad:

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The FFG boards already has a thread titled, 'Kimogila: DoA?' because that place is an infected ingrown hair on the taint of the internet.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

It looks like a fun little ship to me.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

T-65s should get a -2 points title that gives them a bullseye arc :shobon:

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

alg posted:

T-65s should get a -2 points title that gives them a bullseye arc :shobon:

Scourge of Womp Rats
T-65 X-Wing Only. Title.
The T-65 X-Wing gains a bullseye arc.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I wasn't sure but the better player I played last night said it's correct; when a ship has the Kylo Ren condition, they take the damage card if I hit them with a crit, even when they have shields to absorb it?

It sounds right but it's been a long time since I played against it.

Edit: The flavor popped into my head as soon as I posted. Kylo doesn't give a poo poo if your ship isn't damaged, he's gonna gently caress with your head.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I wasn't sure but the better player I played last night said it's correct; when a ship has the Kylo Ren condition, they take the damage card if I hit them with a crit, even when they have shields to absorb it?

Yep, that's exactly right. "Suffering critical damage" means there's an uncancelled crit, regardless of what it's hitting and ISYTDS replaces that.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Yeah, Kylo totally goes through shields.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

The Kimogila is probably what I'm looking forward to most because I think the bullseye arc is a very cool mechanic. With the newest FAQ, I'm also in general more interested in putting scum lists on the table since the scene probably won't be quite so over saturated with the faction as a whole.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

This really only works with barrel roll ships. The base maneuver templates alone aren't really granular enough for this (one reason why the basic firing arc is so wide IMO).

Regardless, we're one step closer to having all the rules for my Renegade Legion: Leviathan X-Wing rework. Gonna crowbar some fools.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

The thing I'd really like to see is for ships with both boost and BR to get a bullseye arc - and if they use both in a single round, they can't shoot outside it; if they use none, they get an extra die against ships inside it. Make arc dodging more difficult and flying well more rewarding.

The Kimo itself I'm not sure about. Torani and Dalan both seem decent but not exceptional, the generics are basically B wings.

And the thing hidden in the article is that it's got red 1 and 2 turns. If it's not got at least a red 3 (to turn green with Unhinged), it's gonna be so loving horrible to fly.

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Nov 3, 2017

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Edit lol wrong thread

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 3, 2017

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Contranband cybernetics is a really, really good one shot illicit. Bossk is gonna love it.

Also Deadeye + Harpoon + Extra + Agromech = new torp meta lmao you had one job ffg

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Quote!=Edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

hoiyes posted:

Contranband cybernetics is a really, really good one shot illicit. Bossk is gonna love it.

Also Deadeye + Harpoon + Extra + Agromech = new torp meta lmao you had one job ffg

I really like Contraband Cybernetics. It's like a one-shot Jake Farrell pilot ability + Hera crew.

Kimoglia torp boats still seems less obnoxious than scouts were. 8 health behind 1 agility on a small ship (with maybe a crappy dial?) is not nearly as oppressive as 9 health behind 2 agility on a large PWT ship with an excellent dial.
Could still be ridiculous, we'll see.

• Locked thread