Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Ouhei posted:

To keep the spouse and pets train going there's a loving doosy in there today:

My[27F] husband[28M] had my dog put down without telling me

Put your husband down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Holy fuckin' poo poo I can't believe I have to say this but why are you guys defending a dude who used physical violence to discipline an animal that weighs maybe ten pounds what the gently caress is wrong with you

The husband is an animal abuser and I guarantee it's a matter of time before he seriously injures or kills the cat, or decides to put his hands on his wife when she says something that pisses him off. Dude has serious anger control issues and he uses violence to solve his problems. It's a matter of time before he escalates it.

loving goons. Jesus.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Barudak posted:

“You low down son of a—�” but before I can reach the gun, shots ring out. I fall and see my girlfriend standig behind me, smoking gun in hand. She says, “I told you we were a package deal”

I love you and fruit on the bottom for this.

Inescapable Duck posted:

The correct way to discipline a cat is to annoy and bewilder them until they stop doing whatever it is you didn't want them to do, hoping that you'll never do that again. It's the fun way, anyway.

And they will respect you for it.

Bored fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 2, 2017

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Ouhei posted:

To keep the spouse and pets train going there's a loving doosy in there today:

My[27F] husband[28M] had my dog put down without telling me

I'm going to side with the husband on this, I've had to put a dog to sleep after an unexpected injury and it loving sucks, it's awful. I have a feeling that he spared her some details about the injury, dogs hit by cars carely end up with just one broken leg that is easy to set. Like when I talk to people about my decision to put my dog to sleep because of an injury I typically leave out the part where the vet told me as I was covered in dog poo poo that the incontinence was likely permanent, that absolutely factored into my decision to put him to sleep.

There are two possibilities here, her partner had to make an emergency decision and informing his wife immediately would have not improved the situation, only made it worse or she married a giant piece of poo poo that killed the dog because he hated it in which case she needs to dump him.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I’m not sure I deserve co-credit on that but my fragile ego will happily accept

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
*Looks uncertainly at novelty size "GBS hates women" placard"

*Uses sharpie to crudely cross out "women" and write in "cats"*

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Inescapable Duck posted:

The correct way to discipline a cat is to annoy and bewilder them until they stop doing whatever it is you didn't want them to do, hoping that you'll never do that again. It's the fun way, anyway.

Squirt guns are the ultimate cat disciplinary tool. Fun for you, not so much for the cat, but very effective. They hate getting sprayed and are easily smart enough to figure out they're only getting squirted when they're on the kitchen counter.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Chomp8645 posted:

*Looks uncertainly at novelty size "GBS hates women" placard"

*Uses sharpie to crudely cross out "women" and write in "cats"*

I proudly accept this label

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Three Olives posted:

I'm going to side with the husband on this, I've had to put a dog to sleep after an unexpected injury and it loving sucks, it's awful. I have a feeling that he spared her some details about the injury, dogs hit by cars carely end up with just one broken leg that is easy to set. Like when I talk to people about my decision to put my dog to sleep because of an injury I typically leave out the part where the vet told me as I was covered in dog poo poo that the incontinence was likely permanent, that absolutely factored into my decision to put him to sleep.

There are two possibilities here, her partner had to make an emergency decision and informing his wife immediately would have not improved the situation, only made it worse or she married a giant piece of poo poo that killed the dog because he hated it in which case she needs to dump him.

I think it's possible he did what he had to do and just horribly handled the communication with her. She's still on her vacation and is missing a ton of detail but he's either the worst at communicating or he's hiding something. Like I get not wanting to share the details if they're gruesome and having to make a decision in the moment, but holy poo poo how do you not call your wife right after? How do you not call her when you find the dog and are waiting for the friend to come over? There's just so many options that would have been so easy to do if everything was on the up and up that it's super suspicious.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Women have the reputation but when men get dramatic we really get dramatic

My (26/F) roommate and good friend (26/M) of twelve years left me a note a few days ago saying he’s in love with me, and he hasn’t come back to the apartment since.

quote:

We’ve known each other since the ninth grade. I had a bit of a crush on him in high school but it only lasted a week. While I think he’s attractive, and while we’re clearly very compatible in terms of living together, I’m not attracted to him and I don’t feel romantically towards him.

That said, he’s still very important to me.

We’ve been living together for just under a year. He brings girls home all the time, and had a girlfriend for a couple of months earlier this year (plus a few in the past). For those reasons, and because I’ve never sensed romantic feelings or attraction from him, the note took me by surprise.

He left it for me on the kitchen counter before going off to work. I read it, texted him within a couple of hours to ask if we could talk about it, and haven’t heard from or seen him since.

In the note he said that he’s in love with me and that he’s aware I don’t feel the same, and for that reason he wants to let me know just so he can finally get over me, and not worry me if there’s distance from his end.

I understand needing space.

But the thing is, he hasn’t been home in three days. None of our friends have heard from him either. He was meant to go to one of their birthday dinners last night, and didn’t show. Everyone was asking me where he was, and I didn’t know what to say. Out of respect for him, I didn’t tell them about the note. But it’s still really out of character for him to not be in contact with anyone, and to just not show up to someone’s birthday dinner without telling them ahead of time that he wasn’t going to be there.

At this point I’m really worried.

I’ve texted him twice, both of them brief.

I don’t really know what to do. Should I wait this out or should I try to establish contact just so I know he’s okay?

tl;dr He hasn’t replied to either of the texts I’ve sent him. I’m worried. None of our friends have heard from him. I don’t know what to do. Should I wait this out or should I try to establish contact just so I know he’s okay?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Three Olives posted:

Refusing to give details, vague story that doesn't make sense, didn't go to a vet and had "a friend" do it... There was no car accident, he gave away or killed the dog.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

My (26/F) roommate and good friend (26/M) of twelve years left me a note a few days ago saying he’s in love with me, and he hasn’t come back to the apartment since.

Problem seems to have solved itself. Id only start to worry if I started seeing news footage of what appears to be my roomate with a beard tooling around eastern Nigeria in a pick up loaded with guns.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

File a missing person report, there is plenty of cause to file one, the police will attempt to contact him and the whole issue will be settled in short order.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Holy fuckin' poo poo I can't believe I have to say this but why are you guys defending a dude who used physical violence to discipline an animal that weighs maybe ten pounds what the gently caress is wrong with you

The husband is an animal abuser and I guarantee it's a matter of time before he seriously injures or kills the cat, or decides to put his hands on his wife when she says something that pisses him off. Dude has serious anger control issues and he uses violence to solve his problems. It's a matter of time before he escalates it.

loving goons. Jesus.

Cat deserved it

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Guy's dead.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

What a debased world we live in that a man cant leave a love letter to a woman and run off to be a carny only to one day accidentally kill a child while drunkenly reminiscing about what his life might have gone like if hed stayed.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Barudak posted:

What a debased world we live in that a man cant leave a love letter to a woman and run off to be a carny only to one day accidentally kill a child while drunkenly reminiscing about what his life might have gone like if hed stayed.

Stop stalking me.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
Yeah, that’s MY job. For which I expect to be handsomely paid.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

I can’t believe I have to say this but don’t suplex your cat.

Do you really want to die on this hill in the dog-punching thread?

E: Animal abuse is bad and wrong. Pets are property, not people and can and should be humanely destroyed when needed. Cats are an invasive nuisance species, at best. Thus, 420, punch dogs every day.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Nov 2, 2017

HerStuddMuffin
Aug 10, 2014

YOSPOS
How can you tell? There is no mention of what the cat was wearing.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

HerStuddMuffin posted:

You could clearly see its butthole, you do the math.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

if a cat starts licking its butthole while youre both trying to sleep in a tent, should you run away?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

HerStuddMuffin posted:

Me-:wow:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

loving goons. Jesus.

:agreed: I don't even like cats but animal abuse is a pretty good precursor to people abuse yall

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I don't think anyone itt was defending the dude attacking the cat, who exactly are you responding to.

The suplex comments were obviously jokes.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Oh my god

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

ArbitraryC posted:

I don't think anyone itt was defending the dude attacking the cat, who exactly are you responding to.

The suplex comments were obviously jokes.

Not that we really need to continue this, but I'm bored at work.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Her cat sounds like a terror, and I would have dumped her way before it got to marriage. I wouldn't do POWER MOVES on the cat, though, Jesus Christ.

GeneX posted:

Dude's mad that his wife cares more about the cat than about him, they should probably get divorced

Khorne posted:

Anyone who describes them and their terror cat as a "package deal" is not dateable, and anyone who doesn't realize this is doomed to date and eventually have a relationship end with an awful person who may not appear awful for some time.

Not that the guy is much better, but I'll be completely honest. If some animal is messing with your quality of life you just don't care what happens to it. It's like when a mouse is in your house and wakes you up a few hours after you went to sleep or wrecks some stuff. You just want that fucker gone. That guy definitely seems at that point with the cat, and I'm sure the op didn't mention a bunch of other stuff about why he hates the cat because she likes to treat her garbage cat like a 9 year old child.

It's a range of blaming the cat, calling the poster crazy and excusing the guy because it's a cat that had the gaul to have claws. All varying degrees of bad hot takes.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
You don't hit animals to punish them. I'm a shitposting troll and even I know that.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Choke-slam the cat through the top of the cage and into the pile of thumb tacks left on the mat

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Ouhei posted:

It's a range of blaming the cat, calling the poster crazy and excusing the guy because it's a cat that had the gaul to have claws. All varying degrees of bad hot takes.

Yeah but zero of those posts say "choking the cat is good/ok" which is all our man AC was pointing out.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I don’t care what dan savage says, no amount of choking is safe for the cat

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The man has a right to defend himself from a violent animal in his own home

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Give the cat a Stone Cold Stunner.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
cats are the worst

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
If a cat was clawing me you better believe that I would take that cat and tell it what i really thought of it. I'd take that cat and I'd look it straight in the eye and I'd say "Cat. This weekend at Summer Slam you are going to reap what you sow. And what you have sown is scratches and what you will reap is a Tornado DDT into the announcers table."

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My mom [40F] threatens to take away my [17F] depression medication whenever we fight. Is it abuse?Non-Romantic

quote:

Sorry if I don't give too many details, I'm exhausted and just want to get a grip on reality for a moment.

I've been having trouble going to class lately. It's my last year of high school and in my country I could do it at home, but my mom desperately wants me to be 'normal' and go to class and get a job like hers. (Which she hates, but she says 'life isnt supposed to make you happy, you have to give in')

This made me bitter against her since my psychiatrist has already said that I'm in no condition to attend school and a home option would be ideal. Despite all that, I keep being a straight A student no matter absences (which are excused, thanks to my psych) and have a long term boyfriend that I love, so I don't think I'd be sabotaging myself by just getting my grades without attending and going on with my life.

Anyway, today we fought about it and I said I hated her. She's constantly guilttripping with anyone in her life, can't keep a boyfriend, cries about no one liking her and has to be calmed down, and has a dead end job she was forced into by her own mom, and it feels like she wants me to be just as miserable. I pointed that out bluntly and she was livid, said she had no daughter, and threatened to throw away my medication. After a while of pleading from me she just left with my whole supply.

I know how my brain acts when I'm even a day without my antidepressants. I didn't want to go through that ever again, so I planned to be dead by the time she got home before realizing my boyfriend had just gone to sleep in his house and would be absolutely devastated if he wasn't here to stop me, since I was perfectly fine when he was still around and the fight hadn't started.

She got back, put my meds on the table and said she just wanted to show me I need her. I've been crying in my bed for hours, not suicidal anymore but I really feel like running away from home or at least never looking her in the face again. Am I being unreasonable? In the end it's literally just a bunch of pills vs the bond between mom and daughter, but shes always been like this and she knows im absolutely miserable without my meds and used it as a tool to humiliate and pacify me. Would a parent with a cancer patient child threaten to take away chemo because their kid didnt agree with them?

It's not the first time by the way. She did this two other times already, on the first she found me face down in our pool and on the other one I hid them and she ransacked the house to find them.

I lived with my dad for a while but he's been hit hard economically and can't support me, even though he's tried. I could live with my grandmom but involving her in this would mean permanently severing ties with mom. Bf has offered to take me in but I don't wanna depend on him and feel like a load, his life is already hard. Employment is not an option for the moment because I still have to study, and, as much as I hate to admit it, I'm too weak to do both at once. It's entirely my fault and I hate myself for it, but I want to focus on studies so I don't end up stuck for life.

tl;dr: Mom threatens to throw away and stop buying my medication whenever we fight and uses it as leverage. Is it abuse?

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Boyfriend [25M] did something disgusting on his deceased brother's grave on his birthday. I'm a little in shock.

quote:

u/Antiferromagneticitt
I am 23F. His brother was 5 years older than him and died when he was 21 (9 years ago). We've been dating for 9 months. Yesterday was my boyfriend's 25th birthday.

He told me in the morning that he wants to go and pay his respects to his brother. I thought it'd be a difficult time for him, so I offered to come to offer support. He first declined but I insisted that I want to be there for him. He agreed.

When we got there it was already dark. He said something close to this: "25 years old, what do you say about that you piece of poo poo? I'm still standing and you're where you belong" then he looked around to make sure nobody is there, and then pissed on the grave and said "drink this, it's more than you deserve" and then said we should leave.

You can imagine my shock. I asked what that was about, he said that was him paying his respects to his brother, and that he'll be here next year too. I never knew about the history between them. I only knew that he had an older brother who had died. So I asked, and he said all I need to know is that he was a piece of poo poo. I didn't press.

I'm still in shock. Should I bring this up again? Or ask other people? This is something I can't just forget or pretend I didn't see. What do I do? I wasn't prepared for seeing that and I'm clueless right now. Please help.

tl;dr: Boyfriend, on his 25th birthday, pissed on his brother's grave and talked with joy about how he's alive and the brother is dead. I'm in shock.

Edit: I just texted him "Baby, I'm still a little in shock from what I saw last night. I don't want to pressure you at all. When you're ready, can you tell me what exactly happened between you and your brother? It can be as short or as long as you want. And I won't ask this again. I love you"

Abuse or something else?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Ouhei posted:

I feel like all those posts are saying the cat might be a dangerous animal to have around but aren't really advocating the dude chokeslam it. There's a p important distinction there, even a dog that bites people shouldn't be abused it just needs to be either sheltered or put down.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Milotic posted:

Boyfriend [25M] did something disgusting on his deceased brother's grave on his birthday. I'm a little in shock.

Abuse or something else?

Deleted his save file in Super Mario Galaxy when he was two stars away from 100% with Luigi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

I feel like all those posts are saying the cat might be a dangerous animal to have around but aren't really advocating the dude chokeslam it. There's a p important distinction there, even a dog that bites people shouldn't be abused it just needs to be either sheltered or put down.

no half measures