Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
What the hell are you on hmmmmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer
It's a piss take on similar opinions elsewhere.

Though there's enough people who say that sincerely. I should be more transparent about that. Or leave that to LoB.

Also insert that comic about the guy pretending to be stupid.

Serf
May 5, 2011

corporations suck but the grace period where they'll poo poo on nazis is fun to watch.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

somekindofguy posted:

It's a piss take on similar opinions elsewhere.

Though there's enough people who say that sincerely. I should be more transparent about that. Or leave that to LoB.

Also insert that comic about the guy pretending to be stupid.

LoB's gimmick is lazy enough that it doesn't need copycats.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Captain Monkey posted:

LoB's gimmick is lazy enough that it doesn't need copycats.

I think of it more as LoB-adjacent, as they aren't direct quotes and are contain far less tinfoil.

Unfortunately I don't have much to share in terms of idiocy, especially since FB messed up the timeline. Nobody really going on about shitlibs or Blue Lives Matter or the supposed antifa revolution on Saturday.

Guess it's gotta be Saturday so none of the Antifa miss their work at capitalist jobs, hurhur

Jummy
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my love, my darling.

somekindofguy posted:

Unfortunately I don't have much to share in terms of idiocy

Disagree.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Open racism isn't an opinion. It's a disease that damages humanity and needs to be eradicated.

somekindofguy
Mar 9, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Jummy posted:

Disagree.

"The idiocy of others", but :same:

Enough about me, actual thread content.

This newspaper page is being passed around on Twitter as a full page ad from the times. Not sure if it's true, but who knows when Info Wars is the source.

I also submit the #Antifa hash tag itself, with the usual split of "fear the commies" and "Antifa are pussies"

Krang's tweet apparently got picked up earlier as an actual threat by Gateway Pundit, but the article seems to be gone now.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

somekindofguy posted:

"The idiocy of others", but :same:

Enough about me, actual thread content.

This newspaper page is being passed around on Twitter as a full page ad from the times. Not sure if it's true, but who knows when Info Wars is the source.

I also submit the #Antifa hash tag itself, with the usual split of "fear the commies" and "Antifa are pussies"

Krang's tweet apparently got picked up earlier as an actual threat by Gateway Pundit, but the article seems to be gone now.

It's real. The nov. 4th thing is an occupy wallstreet style protest thats been organizing for months now. Right wingers have been ramping up the civil war 2 talk about it and twitter users like krang have been egging them on with obvious jokes that shtiheads like wintrich take seriously because they are desperate to be outraged. The actual protest will be minor and untelevised, unless someone opens fire on them.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah the people behind that thing are a bunch of dummies, and nobody on the left actually cares what those nitwits do. If they want to fight Nazis in the streets and get some punches in though, go right ahead though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why would she even complain to uber and lyft about that? They don't have policies to discourage white, christian, american born drivers. And unlike licensed taxis there is no cap on the number of drivers. So the shortage of white drivers is 100% the fault of the white people who live near that area and have qualifying cars but choose not to spend their nights working as gypsy cabs.

She's demonstrating to her cohort how not-woke she is because they are hosed up people and it's good to them to be a racist.

Boy it sure would suck if this same thing happened to me, Robert Smith of Dallas Texas, 9406 E. Main St, and suddenly a thousand tickle-crazed hairy men were standing outside my front door >_>

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I can understand being proud of a culture you come from, and Newfoundlanders definitely have their own history and such.

My grandmother (who was born in Newfoundland) had a favourite joke. "Did you hear about the latest Newfie invention? It's a parachute that opens on impact."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Avenging_Mikon posted:

My grandmother (who was born in Newfoundland) had a favourite joke. "Did you hear about the latest Newfie invention? It's a parachute that opens on impact."

A lot of these Newfie military jokes (Did you hear about the Newfies in the war? They'd throw grenades at the Germans, and the Germans would pull the pins and throw them back. The Newfies figured out a good solution, though - they started soldering in the pins before they threw them!) are actually really bad takes on Newfoundland's involvement in the First World War - the short version is that they ended up in the worst parts of the worst battles. The Newfoundland regiment was wiped out in a single manouvre in The Somme:

quote:

So far as can be ascertained, 22 officers and 758 other ranks were directly involved in the advance.[20] Of these, all the officers and slightly under 658 other ranks became casualties.[20] Of the 780 men who went forward only about 110 survived unscathed, of whom only 68 were available for roll call the following day.[20] For all intents and purposes the Newfoundland Regiment had been wiped out, the unit as a whole having suffered a casualty rate of approximately 80%. The only unit to suffer greater casualties during the attack was the 10th Battalion of the West Yorkshire Regiment, attacking west of Fricourt village.[21]

Newfoundland and Labrador was awarded more Victoria Crosses per capita for their contributions to the First World War than any other territory/expedition in the entire history of the Empire, and most of them posthumously. They suffered so many losses that NL was exempt from WW2 conscription. Many small towns lost every man between the ages of 18 and 35.

Of course, idiots saw this and they were like "Lol stupid newfies with their dumb accents don't know how to fight," when in reality they died because fought like loving demons.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Oh hey, speaking of Newfoundland, this was a story that got shared by a friend back home. Apparently some cops held a Halloween fundraiser and decided to dress up like this and post it to social media:

I guess when the island you live on is 99% white, it can take a while for racial sensitivity guidelines such as "don't wear loving blackface" to permeate.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
And the French surrender at every opportunity

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

CommonShore posted:

in reality they died because fought like loving demons.

Oh yeah, absolutely. But I mean to (and probably should have explicitly said) that most Newfies not only identify as Newfies, but have fun with it too. My music teacher and a roommate were also Newfie and had fun with it too.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

And the French surrender at every opportunity

That cliché makes me so mad because of the absolute smugness that always accompanies it.

E: and also because of how wide-spread and accepted it is.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Hardcordion posted:

Oh hey, speaking of Newfoundland, this was a story that got shared by a friend back home. Apparently some cops held a Halloween fundraiser and decided to dress up like this and post it to social media:

I guess when the island you live on is 99% white, it can take a while for racial sensitivity guidelines such as "don't wear loving blackface" to permeate.

I am very proud to trace my heritage back to the noble Cowboy people of Cowtopia. Truly we Cowboys are the greatest race. Rodeos are cultural appropriation, yeeha (I'm taking that word back).

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Fathis Munk posted:

That cliché makes me so mad because of the absolute smugness that always accompanies it.

E: and also because of how wide-spread and accepted it is.

Seriously. The French resistance was badass and fought HARD.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Oh yeah, absolutely. But I mean to (and probably should have explicitly said) that most Newfies not only identify as Newfies, but have fun with it too. My music teacher and a roommate were also Newfie and had fun with it too.

Yeah I've known quite a few Newfies over the year and they're mostly good people (though I've also known a few skeety motherfuckers who I won't give the time of day). Largely the attitude is that they love playful banter, but there's a line that can be crossed. All of them take July 1 pretty seriously.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

COOL CORN posted:

The French Resistance caused hell for German Forces in France, and them pissing off the Nazis led to a lot of squabbling between defending Paris from within or cities like Normandy and Calais from without. Operation D Day could have been a lot worse if it wasn't for the Resistance causing the headaches they did and keeping the Nazis running around.

But no, they're all cheese eating, wine drinking surrender machines.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Outside of the resistance, the Free French army was the fourth largest army in the European allies

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Outside of the resistance, the Free French army was the fourth largest army in the European allies

Yeah, they were hugely important in North Africa too.

Good Parmesan
Nov 30, 2007

I TAKE PHOTOS OF OTHER PEOPLE'S CHILDREN IN PLANET FITNESS

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Unless it has human flesh on it, I don't want it.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Hardcordion posted:

Oh man, I hadn't heard about this. Not surprised it was the police. Before reading any articles I'm gonna guess it was the RNC

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It really pissed me off to see the response around Dunkirk. The French were understandably a bit miffed that the movie completely ignored the role of French forces in holding off the Nazis while the evacuation took place, and were roundly mocked for this in the British press.

Ffs, we've made a national pasttime of complaining about the Americanisation of the second world war, and we're always up in arms if British involvement is overlooked in this or that movie. But when the French do it, oh suddenly it's petulant whining, they should get over themselves.

Edit: Also, the Cafe scene in The Great Escape is the only time in the whole movie anybody shows anything resembling professional competence, and is my favourite part of the whole movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uY9DV1NBco

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

COOL CORN posted:

‘Eh. A lot of the French Resistance narrative was created after the war to assuage national pride. The French resistance only really became a thing after 1942 when it became clear Germany wasn’t going to throw France any scraps, and was never as big a thing as depicted.

Tiberius Thyben has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Nov 2, 2017

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
E: whoops, nvm

Who What Now has a new favorite as of 19:02 on Nov 2, 2017

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Until Picnic Princess' post, I was reading this as an action. "Every sunday I walk my dead pizza"

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://twitter.com/freemagic/status/926120738284818432

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
that's some cool prescriptivism there.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
speaking of the new call of duty, it's back to WWII. Any outrage over the Nazi killing in that one?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

DiGiorno throwing some shade

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ambitious Spider posted:

speaking of the new call of duty, it's back to WWII. Any outrage over the Nazi killing in that one?

Most of the outrage I've seen has been the inclusion of black and female soldier options in multiplayer.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

DiGiorno throwing some shade

Better pizza WOULD result in better sales. A nice goal for them to set for themselves.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

RCarr posted:

Better pizza WOULD result in better sales. A nice goal for them to set for themselves.

@DiGiornoPizza Turn on your monitor

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'd rather eat a DiGiorno box than the pizza inside.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

I'm not sure if it was posted here, but that's a response to Papa John blaming poor Q3 sales on kneeling NFL players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

FebrezeNinja posted:

I'm not sure if it was posted here, but that's a response to Papa John blaming poor Q3 sales on kneeling NFL players.

From what I've read, it's poor Q3 sales growth. Like, sales are still fine, but not rising at the levels Papa expected. If only we could force patriotism on people, they would buy more sub-par chain pizza.