Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm starting to care. Getting Jean gave me enough power to go 9-1 or 10-0 every day if I pick and choose my fights and use Spider-Man and Wolverine right.

But yeah, its getting harder and harder to avoid Quicksilver as I move up. So I get the message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Who should I stick my CTP of Patience on? (That’s the Dodge/All Attack & Invuln/Reduce Reflect). I was considering Loki but wasn’t sure who else it might be good on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm currently ranked #98 in Timeline and it makes me very sad that I won't survive the next two hours in the top 100 and there's nothing I can do about it.

So what's the key to big Timeline rankings? I went 78-2 this week so I guess those two losses are the most obvious problem. I got all my recommended player points. I routinely spent gold to get one of those 70-80 pt rounds. Do I just need to Ace every round and make sure I'm always in that 70-80 pt range? Is there some other trick I don't get?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Nov 3, 2017

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

STAC Goat posted:

I'm currently ranked #98 in Timeline and it makes me very sad that I won't survive the next two hours in the top 100 and there's nothing I can do about it.

So what's the key to big Timeline rankings? I went 78-2 this week so I guess those two losses are the most obvious problem. I got all my recommended player points. I routinely spent gold to get one of those 70-80 pt rounds. Do I just need to Ace every round and make sure I'm always in that 70-80 pt range? Is there some other trick I don't get?

People who finish in the top pay crystals to get more entries so finishing that well spending no money is just fine.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
^^
back in the day they were called "donators"

STAC Goat posted:

You need to know a developer obviously. MUDs are all about cheating that never changes.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

STAC Goat posted:

There was a reddit post a while back detailing the strategy to actually earn back crystals, but you are definitely required to spend crystals for extra entries and even if you do it perfectly you might not make them back so it's kinda risky.

Basically in order to actually get a positive crystal return on it you need to be in a week where you can reroll up to max points and ace literally 100% of your matches using 2 or 3 of that week's recommended heroes. You don't pay crystals to refresh until the last few hours before the reset, and at that point you need to make a judgement call whether or not you expect it will be worth it to pay those crystals and hope you guess correctly.

I've never actually done it but basically you need to be getting 800 to 900 timeline points per day and then an extra 800 per crystal refresh in the last few hours before the reset.

e: this breaks down like: if you reroll until you get max points from your opponent it's 69 (very nice); plus 10 for the win streak bonus; plus 5 for ace bonus; plus 10 for 2 recommended heroes bonus but that only applies to 5 matches per day so it's really 5; that adds up to 89 potential points per match on days 2-7

fart simpson fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Nov 3, 2017

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Basically though I suspect nearly everyone who's placing in the top 100 is just whaling and not earning anything back

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I went 6-4 in Vibranium with Jean and Sharon restricted and Quicksilver not built up yet, so the week is probably a wash anyway.

I'm starting to think the strategy is to tank a couple of weeks, get booted down, and then kick rear end climbing back to Vibranium and then tank again.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

STAC Goat posted:

I went 6-4 in Vibranium with Jean and Sharon restricted and Quicksilver not built up yet, so the week is probably a wash anyway.

I'm starting to think the strategy is to tank a couple of weeks, get booted down, and then kick rear end climbing back to Vibranium and then tank again.

Everyone talks about that but when you do the math you need to be consistently placing in the top 10???? of Platinum league whenever you drop down there or you're better off just coasting in the 10% bracket of Vibranium

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

TL is just too frustratingly inconsistent for me to care about going above the 11% to 30% bracket anymore.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Most days I just auto the entire thing, collect my riches, stay in Vibranium and never pay attention to what bracket I'm in

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
On days where Jean is banned I just auto with Wolverine as my lead, last week I had 1 loss all week doing that. Very few people besides Jean beat him on auto, and even though he will time out vs spiders or another Wolverine some times, they are rarely the lead so you win on the time out.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

TIL that if you're in a battle when the battle phase of AQ ends, it doesn't count the result because the time expired. FU, NM. We could had an extra zone! :argh:

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yep, its poo poo. In my alliance its always some rear end in a top hat who has no hope of winning who screws it up. Time runs out, all those guys are wasted.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alliance Conquest is entirely a crapshoot week to week for my alliance. Some weeks we'll all get on teh same page and dominate and some weeks we'll get shut out. We're down 0-7 already and like if I remember during Battle Hours I might make a run, but I don't like to lead the charge because I have a better roster than most of my alliance mates so I want them to grab the 2 and 3* territories and let me deal with the tougher ones. That and I like to "clean up" when people take on more than they can handle and either help with morale boosts and razes or finish off the zone. But sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

The loss of Hot Hours really did a number on that since they coincided with Battle Phases. Now I just do things whenever so its crapshoot whether I'm around and playing during a Battle Phase.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Egh, so I couldn't stay away from this stupid game. Got kicked out of Hebrons, anyone can shoot a returning sucker an alliance invite here? MaximumScrub is the name.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

rizzen posted:

Egh, so I couldn't stay away from this stupid game. Got kicked out of Hebrons, anyone can shoot a returning sucker an alliance invite here? MaximumScrub is the name.

CRAPNAMINGSYSTEM!!! I️ was asking where you were. First off, join the discord so I️ never lose you again.

Secondly, I’ll make room for you in Hebrons

https://discord.gg/RmRPzew

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I'd have apocalypse right now but scarlet witch still need like 200 bios and 20 million gold. UGH.

Also I think I've decided that I'm gonna T2 Clea. I don't know why. Maybe someday she'll get a uniform that makes her good? :shrug:

I'm not actually sure what to spend my tickets on at this point. 4 T2's banked and another in a week. Anyone specific I'm missing?

Universal: Black Bolt, Captain Marvel, Ghost Rider, Groot, Hela, Loki, Santana, Singularity, Thor
Combat: Beast, Carny, IF, MK, Red hulk, She Hulk, Sif
Speed: Rogue, Widow, Elsa, Gwenpool, Kate, Kamala, Spooderman, Mary poppins
Blast: Cyke, Magnetman, Storm, Sharon, Mantis, Coulson, Songbird, Wasp

Ebony Maw and BD are at 1*, have all the other native T2's but apoc.

Nico and Venom (with uni) I have 150 bios banked for but I've been dumping all money into Scarlet Witch. Vulture (also with uni) I have 420'ed and will have 150 for in a week or so. Only enough chaos norns for 1 natural T2 at the moment though.

Considered War Wolf for a while, seems useful to have around maybe? Silk? At this point honestly the biggest thing I'm T2ing for is conquest, so being vaguely useful in PVP is a good draw.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

CRAPNAMINGSYSTEM!!! I️ was asking where you were. First off, join the discord so I️ never lose you again.

Secondly, I’ll make room for you in Hebrons

https://discord.gg/RmRPzew

Cheers. I'll apply again sometime tomorrow. The application queue is full right now, so no bueno.

Also someone tell me who I should use this free 6 star selector on. In true mhgoon style I won't even bother reading the 50 pages of this thread I've missed. Any of these new shmucks any good? Aside from the monthly whales ones, ofc.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

When'd you stop playing? Vulture's relatively new + hard to get but he's best with his uni. Most of the truly OP crew is native T2 so not ticket-able. Just screenshot the top of your roster or something.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

NmareBfly posted:

When'd you stop playing? Vulture's relatively new + hard to get but he's best with his uni. Most of the truly OP crew is native T2 so not ticket-able. Just screenshot the top of your roster or something.

Uhhh, 121 days ago, whenever that was. June? The last update I saw was the muties and I'm currently working through the questline there, I think.

There's my marvel pokemon T2's. I have everyone else up to the mutant patch unlocked at least, but those in the screenie are the only T2's I have.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

I thought I saw something about RangarThor being a beast for XAB, but I just used him and it was “just ok.” Am I missing a trick?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

navyjack posted:

I thought I saw something about RangarThor being a beast for XAB, but I just used him and it was “just ok.” Am I missing a trick?

I believe he has been bugfixed. His 3 skill was stacking on itself and leading to some outrageous scores.

He's still very good at T2 though. With him and Odin I can still get a solid score.

Kween
Jan 9, 2005
Not recently,no
He’s very much still broken. I got 500k with him today and people are hitting 800k. All you have to do is keep him alive spam his skills and make sure you use his 3 as soon as it’s off cooldown so you build up the stacks

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

rizzen posted:

Uhhh, 121 days ago, whenever that was. June? The last update I saw was the muties and I'm currently working through the questline there, I think.

There's my marvel pokemon T2's. I have everyone else up to the mutant patch unlocked at least, but those in the screenie are the only T2's I have.

Oh you're pretty well off. Honestly I might sit on that 6* for if you spend money again? Or wait is it the type that you can't spend on anyone but people you don't have or is it a mega-6? Hela, if you get her uni? She's kind of a pain to farm. I can't any of the new characters are world-breaking. Heimdall is fine I guess. Titania has a useful leadership. Could just dump it on Cyke because he's the last X-man you get on the quest and it'll save you a while of gridinding.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 5, 2017

jjef
Jul 25, 2008
Hey I asked in the Discord chat but thought I may as well ask here too.

I got a 6* mega rank up ticket recently, would it be better to use it on a paywall character or collect the last 3 bios i need to unlock Quicksilver and use it on him? is that possible?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

jjef posted:

Hey I asked in the Discord chat but thought I may as well ask here too.

I got a 6* mega rank up ticket recently, would it be better to use it on a paywall character or collect the last 3 bios i need to unlock Quicksilver and use it on him? is that possible?

Native T2s can’t be ranked up with tickets. Use it on a paywall character.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

NmareBfly posted:

Oh you're pretty well off. Honestly I might sit on that 6* for if you spend money again? Or wait is it the type that you can't spend on anyone but people you don't have or is it a mega-6? Hela, if you get her uni? She's kind of a pain to farm. I can't any of the new characters are world-breaking. Heimdall is fine I guess. Titania has a useful leadership. Could just dump it on Cyke because he's the last X-man you get on the quest and it'll save you a while of gridinding.

Can't sit on it I'm afraid. Has 3 days left before it expires, as it's a reward for returning to the game. In all, I have 300 bios and a 6 star selector that will go when that deadline is up. Cyke and Hela are both maxed, waiting for their t2. Guess I'll dump that 6 star on Heimdall or Titania, and the rest of the bios into some random mook for consumption leveling my next narrative t2 person. Probably Jean? Idk

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I hate Quicksilver in so many ways and for so many reasons from my utter inability to beat him in 15 seconds to the incredibly annoying and hopeless attempt to play against him in PvP that I kind of just don't want to use him now that I have him nearly built up. I just hate him too much.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I hate Quicksilver in so many ways and for so many reasons from my utter inability to beat him in 15 seconds to the incredibly annoying and hopeless attempt to play against him in PvP that I kind of just don't want to use him now that I have him nearly built up. I just hate him too much.

Please I'm curious how much Ignore Defense your Jean has, under her details tab

EDIT: You have a T2 Coulson War Wolf right, and regular She-Hulk?

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 6, 2017

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

thechalkoutline posted:

Please I'm curious how much Ignore Defense your Jean has, under her details tab

You have a T2 Coulson right, and regular She-Hulk?

Quicksilver is a hero though, and Coulson/Valkyrie only apply the bonus to villains.

You want to stack your most badass on attack strikers that also give bonuses with your highest damage leadership. And keep trying.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I just easily beat Quicksilver in 8 seconds with She-hulk leadership and Jean with no strikers. I have a good obelisk but I don't understand how you'd have so much difficulty getting 15 seconds with a level 60 Jean

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I wasn't able to do it until I put on 3 ignore dodge strikers, strange, and sharog. Then I just had to time Jean's freeze after Stranges and Quicksilver never had a chance. Since then though it just happens all the time.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Tom Gorman posted:

Quicksilver is a hero though, and Coulson/Valkyrie only apply the bonus to villains.

You want to stack your most badass on attack strikers that also give bonuses with your highest damage leadership. And keep trying.

You're right, but then I'm still asking for Jean's Def pen numbers, and replace Coulson with War WOlf then

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I just gave it a shot with my Jean and ended up with this:

She's also 20/20/20/20 and all skills maxed, mostly OK urus. My cards are very good. Threw in AV for the dodge ignore and Wiccan because its an energy damage bonus, he's 420 and on attack. And if fart simpson can do 8 secs with no strikers sure why not. My defpen is maxed.

Obelisk is bad but I haven't been able to roll a better one

Still working on ISO, been focusing on other people who need the help

I couldn't do it in one try because he did the loving cutscene twice inexplicably. Does that even count towards the timer? If it does that ate up like six seconds.

Rotation was 3 > 5 > 4 > 2

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I️ just tried it out myself. My Jean is 20/19/19/19 and not even sure her gear is that good:

Again I️ think the key was making sure I️ chained Strange's time freeze, Jean's freeze, then my assist.

The Dave fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Nov 6, 2017

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

lol

forget Jean. i guess if all else fails, you can always try this

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
magneto works well too

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I know, guys, I know. I'm clearly terrible at this. You don't have to convince me. I'm mature enough to recognize that if everyone says "you just need this" and if I have it and I still can't do it than I'm the problem. I'm taking a break to recharge and fix some of my stuff. Trying to roll better obelisks, build up cards and Urus, get War Wolf to T2, work on Dorm as a striker. I'm just stepping back because I was really frustrated after like 200 fails. I've just resigned myself to forgetting about Cable/Witch/Apocalypse the same way I convinced myself to forget about Odin or Thanos for awhile. Eventually I got them all.

I only made that post because just as I got Quicksilver to 60 I was dealing with one of those annoying Timelines where he just spins poo poo around and around for five minutes and I can't even make a move. So I hate him.

Feel free to point out the many ways my Jean probably sucks because I'm a stupid head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
You don't have a 100%+ damage proc obelisk.

That is literally the only reason you're failing to get the 15s timer. I am actually surprised The Dave got a kill in under 15s without one, but good striker procs could do it. But for comparison I just got a 6s kill on my first try with She Hulk, Daisy and Jean. Swap to Daisy, hit 3, swap to Jean hit 5 then 4 and he died.

But you honestly need way better cards. You are using an ignore defense obelisk and Jean still isn't ignore defense capped, and you are not cooldown capped either. Ignore Defense is one of the most important stats to have capped on every character.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 6, 2017