Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

No Wave posted:

If you don't ever plan on clearing a wave or ever hitting more than one target with your combo or ever stacking your trait or ever clearing a merc camp, you can definitely go, uh... envenom?

Psionic Pulse also helps clear waves and in addition deals damage when you're murdering a single guy. So does Clean Kill. In fact if you are on Shrines I would recommend Clean Kill specifically for clearing. Last I checked you are allowed to clear waves with abilities.

Fun fact, against 2 targets pulse does 360 damage over 5 seconds. Cleave does 432 over the same period.

Against 1 target pulse does 180 vs 0 for cleave.

So cleave is slightly better if you're continuously hitting 2 people but it is also less burst on your main target.

e: math was wrong before.

Just to be clear, cleave is a great talent! But it is also ok to pick her other talents when it is appropriate. They are not bad talents.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM
Cleave also scales up with your meat, though.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I have the Abathur announcer and I can't imagine using anything else.

UNTENABLE TO OPPOSE.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I mean if you've played a few games of Kerri with psionic pulse and a few with fury and you actually prefer pulse I have no idea what to tell you except, enjoy!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

No Wave posted:

I mean if you've played a few games of Kerri with psionic pulse and a few with fury and you actually prefer pulse I have no idea what to tell you except, enjoy!

I think I pretty clearly laid out pros and cons of the talents. You're just being willfully obstinate if you insist cleave is strictly better always.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

This is one of those things that's blindingly obvious if you'd tried fury even once so "theorycrafting" it isn't very interesting. It would be like trying to convince someone that void prison is always better than shadow assault, just a waste of time.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Uh I've played both. I like cleave if we need wave clear. I like pulse if I need to flank and kill their Kael'Thas hanging out behind all the tanks.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I have the Abathur announcer and I can't imagine using anything else.

UNTENABLE TO OPPOSE.

"Death inadvisable."

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Kurieg posted:

Malfurion, probably, there's a post 10 talent that just auto-casts free regrowths on damaged people near you once every few seconds.

The most fun healer for me, though, is Auriel.
Malf would be my suggestion as well. His heal is easy to use without being a Li Li Q, his root offers great utility, and his moonfire let's you add damage without putting yourself at too much risk. Tranquility isn't as good as it used to be, but it's simple and effective. I prefer twilight almost always. Shutting down a genji or graymane with it just as they dive in is wonderful and will get you props even in QM.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Kurieg posted:

Malfurion, probably, there's a post 10 talent that just auto-casts free regrowths on damaged people near you once every few seconds.
The most fun healer for me, though, is Auriel.

Tibalt posted:

Malf would be my suggestion as well. His heal is easy to use without being a Li Li Q, his root offers great utility, and his moonfire let's you add damage without putting yourself at too much risk. Tranquility isn't as good as it used to be, but it's simple and effective. I prefer twilight almost always. Shutting down a genji or graymane with it just as they dive in is wonderful and will get you props even in QM.

Okay, thanks for the info. I think I got Malf to 5 and haven't played him since. I'll give him a go.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That dude who works on the game posted here a week and said that big things were being announced at Blizzcon. Some possibilities:

1.) Making heroes free (unlikely)
2.) Map editor (very unlikely)
3.) Voice chat (plausible but barf)
4.) More formal tournaments/rewards for top TL teams (unlikely but plausible)
5.) Swaps in HL (plausible)
6.) 10v10 (hilarious but unlikely)
7.) Role queuing (unlikely)
8.) Nothing significant (plausible)

Curious if anyone has other big possible ideas.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Role revamp for heroes is a rumor I've heard.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mierenneuker posted:

I think legendary announcers are mainly for characters who can offer a bit more personality to their lines, making them funnier and a more unique (no generic "your keep was destroyed" lines). I don't think they have more lines.

Alarak and Cho'Gall would be legendary announcer material, since they would offer something special (Alarak constantly critiquing everything, Cho'Gall can argue with each other) whereas new heroes like a Firebat or Alexstrasza would be epics.

I'd drop real irl money on an Alarak announcer because I love what a jackoff prick he is but I'm absolutely terrible with him so I never get to enjoy it.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Is there a reason Cassia's pickrate is so low? I'm having a lot of fun with her and know her lack of an escape is a weakness. Is it just that there are heroes that fit her role that do it better? Or is she bad and I'm missing something. I'm like 10 and 2 with her so far.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

No Wave posted:

That dude who works on the game posted here a week and said that big things were being announced at Blizzcon. Some possibilities:

PVE raids

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Ort posted:

Is there a reason Cassia's pickrate is so low? I'm having a lot of fun with her and know her lack of an escape is a weakness. Is it just that there are heroes that fit her role that do it better? Or is she bad and I'm missing something. I'm like 10 and 2 with her so far.
Cassia doesn't do anything that makes people say "OMG THAT'S SO COOL"/"THAT'S loving BULLSHIT", she's just a good hero. Compare her to Valla or Greymane. Cassia has less mobility, worse poke, worse sustained damage, better self-sustain (at least after Cassia hits 4 and before Valla hits 13), but she counters AA heroes and can poo poo a ton of damage in team fights.

In tournaments, her win rate is exactly 50%. She's fine. She's okay.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

No Wave posted:

1 minor change to Sgt. Hammer

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I suck with Cassia so I don't play her much except when I get too clever trying to counter an AA comp, failing miserably every time. My big problems with her are her mediocre wave clear and of course her range. Somehow I never get avoidance value so I usually end games with 20 stacks on plate of the whale somehow. She also has a lot of trouble with Garrosh, who sometimes isn't banned.

I'm still at the level where nobody soaks enough so if I get that coveted dps spot I have to pick someone who can clear hard (Valla or Greymane).

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

Gobbeldygook posted:

Cassia doesn't do anything that makes people say "OMG THAT'S SO COOL"/"THAT'S loving BULLSHIT", she's just a good hero. Compare her to Valla or Greymane. Cassia has less mobility, worse poke, worse sustained damage, better self-sustain (at least after Cassia hits 4 and before Valla hits 13), but she counters AA heroes and can poo poo a ton of damage in team fights.

In tournaments, her win rate is exactly 50%. She's fine. She's okay.

Good to know. She feels much safer than valla to me but I could just be bad at valla.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Cassia's Q seems incredibly hard to hit and it also doesn't really seem to hurt all that much

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I’ll take the two ravage talents at 1 & 4 if my QM team doesn’t have a healer. Waveclear is still acceptable and it also keeps you topped off

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

No Wave posted:

Jimmy rework

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Cassia's Q seems incredibly hard to hit and it also doesn't really seem to hurt all that much
Cassia's Q has a 4 second cooldown. Untalented, it does 60% the total damage of Valla's Q's combined total damage to a single target while having 40% of Valla's Q cool down (and half the base mana cost), plus the possibility of bonus value from the extra bolts. Her Q poke feels bad but is really not worse than Valla's.

edit: fixed math due to Valla Q nerf.

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Nov 2, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Never give up on your dreams

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

No Wave posted:

They've said they're working on official Hotslogs so maybe that, or at least maybe it will show everyone's MMR in games. I think hero swapping is highly likely given how long ago it was they mentioned they were working on it, but eh, with Blizzard you never know.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I'd imagine proper stats support similar to what Overwatch has is probably a given. An official hotslogs that didn't rely on replays would be best.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

whats hero swapping?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

banned from Starbucks posted:

whats hero swapping?
it's when you first pick Valla and the last pick support says "valla swaps with me or I feed".

Gobbeldygook fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 3, 2017

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

No Wave posted:

Never give up on your dreams

Optimism at its finest.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I want a Monkey King Samuro announcer.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
:yeah: We need skin-based announcers in general.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Chinese Blizzard site leaked the splash/loading art for the next update, in case you were wondering about hero order

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Alexstrasza wearing pants.... NOooooooo...

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

This reddit post from like 2 weeks ago is completely right isn't it

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's not really hard to guess given that Blizzard strives to always be as cliche and predictable as humanly possible, and we've had suspicion that Alex and Hanzo have been in the next batch of releases for a while now.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Ahhh yes, now hanzo main can be a hots insult too.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

No Wave posted:

I went and looked at the original design (never played WoW) and I think this is a huge improvement.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Erdricks posted:

Ahhh yes, now hanzo main can be a hots insult too.

Lol, that was also my first thought.

Wonder if he'll be as loving worthless but almost universally picked.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

kurona_bright posted:

I went and looked at the original design (never played WoW) and I think this is a huge improvement.

Yeah, she's still wearing the bra that's desperately clinging to her breasts despite all logic and sense. Let the girl wear some damned pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

No Wave posted:

Chris Metzen in 2014 posted:

"We've heard our female employees," he said. "And my daughter tools me out about it. She saw a World of Warcraft cinematic of the Dragon Aspects, and my daughter was like, 'Why are they all in swimsuits?' And I was like, 'I don't know. I don't know anymore.'"