Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Azhais posted:

Anyone have any good politics podcasts they like?

trillbilly worker's party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Azhais posted:

I thought we didn't like Verrit on this forum, or was that just the meme thread?

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions!

Please do not actually listen to The Daou of Politics.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/rtyson82/status/926032759679840256

JeffersonClay/Fulchrum/Slashie I demand your heads.
Is that arrangement still in effect?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

SKULL.GIF posted:

This particular section is worth emphasizing:

quote:

“Wait,” I said. “That victory fund was supposed to be for whoever was the nominee, and the state party races. You’re telling me that Hillary has been controlling it since before she got the nomination?”

Gary said the campaign had to do it or the party would collapse.

“That was the deal that Robby struck with Debbie,” he explained, referring to campaign manager Robby Mook. “It was to sustain the DNC. We sent the party nearly $20 million from September until the convention, and more to prepare for the election.”

“What’s the burn rate, Gary?” I asked. “How much money do we need every month to fund the party?”

The burn rate was $3.5 million to $4 million a month, he said.

I gasped. I had a pretty good sense of the DNC’s operations after having served as interim chair five years earlier. Back then the monthly expenses were half that. What had happened? The party chair usually shrinks the staff between presidential election campaigns, but Debbie had chosen not to do that. She had stuck lots of consultants on the DNC payroll, and Obama’s consultants were being financed by the DNC, too.

This is worth reading in light of, say, the Ossof campaign and its record busting spending. Behind every Democratic party failure there's a bunch of lanyards making very good money.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

And Hillary had the loving gall to claim that Sanders was the one who wasn't being constructive after the primary was over.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie not only would have, but should have won.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Every story that comes out of the DNC makes it seem it exists more or less there to aggrandize those who are a member of it and fulfill their pet ideological interests. It wouldn't be that bad except the fact we really don't have a choice, and that gives them massive amounts of power.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Russ Feingold lost to Ron Johnson by barely 100k votes, imagine if the funds for downticket races that people donated to were actually used properly instead of inflating Hillary's ego

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

How many other Senate races were lost by close margins? The Democrats could have controlled the Senate if not for Hillary demanding that it was her turn and rigging everything into her favor, including sucking up funds that were meant for downticket. How much less misery could have been inflicted over the last 9 months if not for Hillary?

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

steinrokkan posted:

Please do not actually listen to The Daou of Politics.

No. Listen to it. Cut it down to the saddest and most pathetic parts and make it into a mix tape.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Helsing posted:

This is worth reading in light of, say, the Ossof campaign and its record busting spending. Behind every Democratic party failure there's a bunch of lanyards making very good money.

Yeah, people talk about the Democrats being incompetent, but that's nonsense. They're generally doing a fine job of accomplishing their actual goals (enriching the lives of themselves and their friends/colleagues).

(I mean, this isn't to imply they don't sorta-care about other issues; they just convince themselves that their own interests happen to align with what's good for the country.)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

really love coming into D&D to see that i was right all along and the people who called me crazy were just lying to themselves :D

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Condiv posted:

really love coming into D&D to see that i was right all along and the people who called me crazy were just lying to themselves :D

Yeah none of this was really secret last year:
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/04/clinton-fundraising-leaves-little-for-state-parties-222670
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/dnc-leak-clinton-team-deflected-state-cash-concerns-226191

and yet...

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Condiv posted:

:same:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Condiv posted:

you and me both brother. we showed em

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Is it possible we're about to see a full loving collapse of both parties?

I call Neo Whig chairman.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
TYT Politics have a series of videos covering the Donna Brazile article out and breaking it down for their audience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-5lriHKTO8

One for the money laundering and financial side (which TYT actually also covered a year ago):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCNrXomzv5U

And one for the coverage this is getting from MSM, and the downplaying they're doing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqsUEpFAbgU

Nomiki Konst will be doing another video later breaking down more details on this with thread "favourite" Tulsi Gabbard.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
While I don't want to make too much out of it, it seems like Clinton's stranglehold on the party is finally loosening. Or maybe Donna Brazille is mad that she was left out of the acknowledgements of What Happened. Heh.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Grapplejack posted:

Is it possible we're about to see a full loving collapse of both parties?
What we're seeing is the collapse of American government and society. Good riddance imo.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Kilroy posted:

What we're seeing is the collapse of American government and society. Good riddance imo.

:lol: if you think either of these two things aren't going to stick around for quite a bit longer - just considerably uglier than they were before.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

How was stealing money from state parties a good idea?

Even if she won, how the gently caress was she going to get anything worthwhile passed or even fulfill her pledge to nominate a justice to overturn Citizens United with a Republican congress?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

VitalSigns posted:

Even if she won, how the gently caress was she going to get anything worthwhile passed or even fulfill her pledge to nominate a justice to overturn Citizens United with a Republican congress?

she didn't care about anything like that

it was her turn

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
hey look man consultants and media buys in the chicago and los angeles markets don't come cheap

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Shillary Sodom Kill-a-ton (of babies)

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

VitalSigns posted:

I don't know the actual answer to that but I believe I can speak for Hillary here and tell you: Who loving Cares?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Just had a kid. Most of the songs I know are more rally songs. You know, Internationale, Chi Lai, Bau Auf, Big Man Ernie B, etc. The whole FDJ repertoire is a little too upbeat for bedtime. The best I've got right now is "Stalin Freund, Genosse" but that's not really my favorite even if I can sing is slowly while swinging a young comrade.

Any favorites?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
You want to put the kid to sleep, sing the traditional rendition of The Red Flag, sung to the cadence of O Tennanbaum.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 3, 2017

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
So, this tax reform bill seems to do very little besides explode the deficit. Most people will have basically zero change to their withholdings, and will just have to navigate a different deductions scheme.

It’s sold as some deep reform, but it seems just like a huge slash in corporate taxes with almost nothing else.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

watching lesser-evil subscribing "democrats" like boon advocate for racists after a dem candidate turned out to be racist as gently caress is pretty disgusting

guess the team sport is more important to people like boon than latinos and black people being shat on by a racist gwb voting democrat

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Azhais posted:

Anyone have any good politics podcasts they like?

Chapo, discourse collective, delete your account, this is hell, trillbilly worker's party, street fight, uncomfortable, pod save America, lovett or leave it, bodega boys, with friends like these, crooked conversations, amicus

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 3, 2017

NewForumSoftware
Oct 8, 2016

by Lowtax

Condiv posted:

watching lesser-evil subscribing "democrats" like boon advocate for racists after a dem candidate turned out to be racist as gently caress is pretty disgusting

agreed, the 2016 election was a bad one

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

While I don't want to make too much out of it, it seems like Clinton's stranglehold on the party is finally loosening. Or maybe Donna Brazille is mad that she was left out of the acknowledgements of What Happened. Heh.

Actually a few days ago the DNC rules comittee was purged of anyone outside the Clintonite camp so in practical effect their grip is stronger now than ever, and Donna Brazile has a book coming out soon and needs to sell copies somehow, its plain grift all the way down in the name of public service.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary belongs in prison.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Nonsense posted:

Hillary belongs in gulag.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Kingfish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqNxne97ubc

This one is even better.

E: the last verse is a real body blow

Jesus Christ that last verse

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

The last verse is the same as in the original, though...?

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
Wife is sending me articles about Brazile backtracking and how they got the years wrong. Apparently, they're saying that the public has already seen the Joint Fundraising Agreement because it was in the Wikileaks dump. I know some shady poo poo happened in the primary, but I don't know what to think. I doubt Brazile's publishers would've gone through the hassle over something so easily disprovable, but Cruz and Huckabee get to publish bullshit all of the time. I just don't know. What am I missing?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1712377

This one had waaay too much venom for me.
https://deepstatenation.com/primary...dnc-agreements/

https://twitter.com/ahumorlessfem/status/926249997376638976

selec
Sep 6, 2003

volts5000 posted:

Wife is sending me articles about Brazile backtracking and how they got the years wrong. Apparently, they're saying that the public has already seen the Joint Fundraising Agreement because it was in the Wikileaks dump. I know some shady poo poo happened in the primary, but I don't know what to think. I doubt Brazile's publishers would've gone through the hassle over something so easily disprovable, but Cruz and Huckabee get to publish bullshit all of the time. I just don't know. What am I missing?

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/1712377

This one had waaay too much venom for me.
https://deepstatenation.com/primary...dnc-agreements/

https://twitter.com/ahumorlessfem/status/926249997376638976

Parsing it closely, "The internal workings of the apparatus of the DNC" <> "The primary system"

The claim she made, as I and many others including apparently Elizabeth Warren interpreted it, was that the Clinton team had functional control over internal DNC operations prior to any primary votes being cast.

Which is not the same as rigging the actual primary voting system.

This would be a lot easier to figure out if we could get some signed and dated documents.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Falstaff posted:

The last verse is the same as in the original, though...?

lol it totally is. lotta people outing themselves itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Claims made here:
1). Clinton raised about 500 million through her joint fundraising committee, of which 100 million went to the DNC and 250 million went to state democratic parties
2). She didn't start using that money until she'd won the nomination, which was bad because
3). Bernie, by not conceding in March, made the state parties wait 3 months for the 250 million Clinton had raised, when they desperately needed it.

• Locked thread