Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Didn't Bryan Cranston get accused of something over the weekend? I feel like that's completely gone away, like everyone is just focused on Spacey now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Josh Lyman posted:

Didn't Bryan Cranston get accused of something over the weekend? I feel like that's completely gone away, like everyone is just focused on Spacey now.

He was a murder suspect once (no, not joking, that happened), but I didn't see anything about him being rape-y

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ugly In The Morning posted:

He was a murder suspect once (no, not joking, that happened), but I didn't see anything about him being rape-y
Well he did try to kill that one kid with lily of the valley...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

zoux posted:

Who would be the most disappointing star to find out about
Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neil; for TV probably Bob Odenkirk

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

precision posted:

I think that would work really well in theory, but I think the problem with that would be that they've already written the season and started filming so they'd have to do a complete reworking of the season.

Yeah I'm just spitballing because I don't know how they actually finish the season/series without completely writing him off the cast. Given the timing it's probably just done, I mean how do you resume production?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah I'm just spitballing because I don't know how they actually finish the season/series without completely writing him off the cast. Given the timing it's probably just done, I mean how do you resume production?

Suddenly dies in a carbomb. All exterior shots for the bomb, lock the writers in a room and have them figure out the finale

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Josh Lyman posted:

President Trump is not the person who I wanted to be in that office, and I’ve been very open about that. That being said, he is the president. If he fails, the country is in jeopardy. It would be egotistical for anyone to say, “I hope he fails.” To that person I would say, gently caress you. Why would you want that? So you can be right?

Basically Bryan’s a rich privileged white man who’s oblivious about how much harm Trump has already done. Compared to what other shits gone down this week I’m not surprised Bryan’s cluelessness got buried.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

lelandjs posted:

Uh, John Stewart is Jewish. Did you mean Colbert?

I meant Stewart because he'll be a self hating Jew

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Didn't Bryan have a hosed up childhood/upbringing? I don't think he's #MAGA, just hosed up in expressing his desire to not see this country go down the shithole.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Considering how he opens it up with how he doesn't want trump to be president, I think It's less about not wanting trumps agenda to fail, and more about not wanting the whole country to go down in flames spectacularly

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah that statement barely even makes me want to puke

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Open Source Idiom posted:

New show from STARZ which I've been low key following for ages.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Bu2DOM66g

J.K. Simmons, Olivia Williams, Harry Lloyd, Ulrich Thompsons as regulars, and I'm pretty sure I saw Stephen Rea in the trailer too.

(It's basically Season 3 of Fringe, but with more cold war drama and Home Counties accents.)

This looks extremely good. I want more of JK Simmons killing and intimidating people on TV.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

J.K. Simmons, Olivia Williams, Harry Lloyd, Ulrich Thompsons as regulars, and I'm pretty sure I saw Stephen Rea in the trailer too.

(It's basically Season 3 of Fringe, but with more cold war drama and Home Counties accents.)

Holy poo poo, I had no idea this was a show that was coming out. I also loved Fringe, and I'm always happy to see J.K. Simmons in anything. We don't subscribe to Starz, but eventually my wife will want to watch the next seasons of The Girlfriend Experience and that ballet show, I can finally binge American Gods, and we'll watch this together.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy
Don't forget Ash vs Evil Dead!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

That is exactly my jam, i couldn't be more down for a show right now.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Well, if nothing else, at least now after all this has been coming out, maybe Hollywood people will stop defending or apologising for Polanski. :shrug:

Tom Hanks turning out to be a bad guy would definitely be most disappointing. Him or Morgan Freeman. Or Harrison Ford.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

Well, if nothing else, at least now after all this has been coming out, maybe Hollywood people will stop defending or apologising for Polanski. :shrug:

Tom Hanks turning out to be a bad guy would definitely be most disappointing. Him or Morgan Freeman. Or Harrison Ford.

Harrison Ford has slung some dick, i'd be shocked if he hadn't grabbed an arse or two, "Hey toots, swing by the trailer for a nightcap"

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nothing will ever make me lose my love for Harrison Ford, unless it comes out he's a literal rapist or murderer or smth.

Man even old man Ford could turn me straight.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rocksicles posted:

Harrison Ford has slung some dick, i'd be shocked if he hadn't grabbed an arse or two, "Hey toots, swing by the trailer for a nightcap"

Sure, that's entirely possible; what I'm just hoping is that he doesn't turn out to be a serial harasser who deliberately went out of his way to prey on people or anything like that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I really doubt Harrison Ford has done anything too bad, because that's someone where you would absolutely expect there to have been rumors by now.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Holy poo poo, I had no idea this was a show that was coming out. I also loved Fringe, and I'm always happy to see J.K. Simmons in anything. We don't subscribe to Starz, but eventually my wife will want to watch the next seasons of The Girlfriend Experience and that ballet show, I can finally binge American Gods, and we'll watch this together.

They made a TV show out of The Girlfriend Experience? That's a fantastic film.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
(I realise that this is probably bad of me but) Luc Besson is the one I'm morbidly surprised hasn't been accused of anything in this round of allegations yet.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Did Tracy Morgan-starring TBS sitcom The Last O.G. actually premiere over a week ago or is my tv tracker app just a dumb liar

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wheat Loaf posted:

(I realise that this is probably bad of me but) Luc Besson is the one I'm morbidly surprised hasn't been accused of anything in this round of allegations yet.

He can't be a sex predator, he's french.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wheat Loaf posted:

He married his child bride long ago.

e: holy poo poo, Luc Besson was married to Milla Jovovich for 2 years. Lucky bastard!

e2: and he's been married to and has 3 children by a super cool woman his own age now

precision fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Nov 3, 2017

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
SWAT on CBS was pretty good if you're looking for another action show. Cliched dialogue and storyline but well executed and the pilot at least is worth a look because Justin fast & furious Lin directed it. Time will tell whether it can deliver the goods on a weekly basis, but Shemar moore might just have enough charisma to carry the show when there aren't bullets flying and cars flipping

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Wheat Loaf posted:

I thought the scuttlebutt about Hanks was that he was kind of a lovely absentee father with Colin Hanks, made worse by the fact that every other interview he does has people asking him about his father.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Wheat Loaf posted:

Why get accused of raping underage girls if you can just marry one and make it legal?

e: to clarify, his wife gave birth to their first child at 16. So no accusations necessary.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 3, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Sad news: Wayward Pines has been officially canceled by Fox.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Guy Mann posted:

I thought the scuttlebutt about Hanks was that he was kind of a lovely absentee father with Colin Hanks, made worse by the fact that every other interview he does has people asking him about his father.

is he the one that also has another son who's a lovely wannabe rapper or am I thinking of someone else

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

raditts posted:

is he the one that also has another son who's a lovely wannabe rapper or am I thinking of someone else

Yes, Chester Hanks, aka "Chet Haze." He was a guest star on Curb last week (And surprisingly good.)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rocksicles posted:

Didn't he get all creepy on Carrie Fisher when they were filming Star Wars? I like Harrison Ford's movies but yeah that's a guy who did some poo poo.

I would be bummed out if like, Richard Dean Anderson was a sex monster, or Denzel Washington. Or Vin Diesel.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Wheat Loaf posted:

Him or Morgan Freeman.

There's a rumor that Morgan Freeman was banging his (unrelated to him) granddaughter for at least a couple years. You know, the one who got murdered in an exorcism in 2015.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

IRQ posted:

Didn't he get all creepy on Carrie Fisher when they were filming Star Wars? I like Harrison Ford's movies but yeah that's a guy who did some poo poo.

I would be bummed out if like, Richard Dean Anderson was a sex monster, or Denzel Washington. Or Vin Diesel.

Are you kidding? It's known than Ford and Fisher were banging.

RDA would kill me because he's my childhood hero.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

Are you kidding? It's known than Ford and Fisher were banging.

Yeah I know they were banging, but wasn't he way older and married and she was all drugged up, as Carrie Fisher tended to be?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Harrison Ford is 14 years older than her and she was in her 20s when filming Star Wars.

It's hard to imagine what a 20 year old and a 34 year old would have in common today, but there's not anything especially creepy about that age difference.

The drug use is a different story. Was she capable of giving consent? That's something we will likely never know at this point.

Bigger thing is predators usually have a pattern and, afaik, we haven't heard anything else about Harrison Ford. So, it's hard to read anything into their relationship.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 3, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

They were both hot is what they had in common.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

What about this Corey Feldman poo poo? I mean my default is naturally to believe people who step forward but he's also seeking $10m to make a documentary about it and the pizzagate people are all up in this. He announced the name of one of his abusers on Dr. Oz.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

GreenNight posted:

They were both hot is what they had in common.

indeed

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

What about this Corey Feldman poo poo? I mean my default is naturally to believe people who step forward but he's also seeking $10m to make a documentary about it and the pizzagate people are all up in this. He announced the name of one of his abusers on Dr. Oz.

I mean, is he being kind o f cash grabby/opportunistic? Sure. I don't really blame him though after how the first time he tried to speak out went.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Snak posted:

I mean, is he being kind o f cash grabby/opportunistic? Sure. I don't really blame him though after how the first time he tried to speak out went.

I'm not familiar with that, what happened?

• Locked thread