Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

dogsicle posted:

it's noitamina so enjoy there being zero awareness of it because of amazon

Made in abyss, Kabenari. No doubt they'd be more popular is it was more widespread, such as through crunchyroll,but acting like they'll be completely ignored is dumb, especially since MiA was one of the most popular shows last season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

iospace posted:

LotL has its own thread where most of the talking happens (aside from that weird gender discussion here, no that's not an invite to start it up again). The other I don't see mentioned at all.

Inuyashiki literally has a thread, it's in the OP and everything dude. Also it's talked about plenty in various anime forums from what I've seen, and many people were looking forward to the anime adaptation for some time now.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Amazon isn't necessarily a guaruntee that nobody will talk about a given show, yeah. Abyss dominated the discourse that I saw just last season, and I saw a lot of talk about Scum's Wish too.

Doesn't help, though, give you that.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think shows like made in abyss have enough momentum to carry through being amazon-exclusive but it's kind of hilarious how much umaru-chan r being on anime strike has choked out a show that had a decently popular first season a while back, it's absolutely a death sentence for any show that can't catch people's eye as much as the most popular stuff of the season

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol I'm pretty sure the reaction to umaru would be the same if it was on CR.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

an actual dog posted:

lol I'm pretty sure the reaction to umaru would be the same if it was on CR.

i mean, season 1 was popular enough to get a couple threads and posting at a rate higher than like, two people a week and it's not like it was any different from s2

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Julias posted:

Made in abyss, Kabenari. No doubt they'd be more popular is it was more widespread, such as through crunchyroll,but acting like they'll be completely ignored is dumb, especially since MiA was one of the most popular shows last season.

idk why you think those are great comparisons when they both had notable pedigrees going in (abyss' manga and grimdark hype, kabaneri being aot) and are seinen action/adventure shows that hit at a large base of fans that have been cultivated for like two decades. in comparison, stuff like fune wo amu is barely a blip, and that's the sort of thing i would hate to see happen.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah fune wo amu definitely just kinda disappeared, especially since most people literally couldn't watch it even with an amazon subscription

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

iospace posted:

When is the second half of YuYuYu starting. I'm not watching the first half because that's the movies, but I'm interested in the 2nd.

Ought to be ep 7 starting it off

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also SA barely rates in terms of where I'm looking for discussion that indicates wider popularity/reception.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I haven't yet watched new Umaru entirely because it's not on crunchy. I'd forgotten it existed 'til just now.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yeah, :rip: fune wo amu.

I'll agree with you about the Kabenari hype, but i don't feel like MiA was a big thing before the anime came along. I think most ADTRW posters never even heard of it until the PVs came out a couple of seasons ago. It very much felt like word of mouth appeal.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

honestly even ballroom seems like it's struggling but idk how much to attribute to amazon between all the problems that show has

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

dogsicle posted:

also SA barely rates in terms of where I'm looking for discussion that indicates wider popularity/reception.

Yeah, it's a small nook and cranny for discussion of this subject... but it's the least objectionable one I've found. :D

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:toot: :toot:

I hope it's as ridiculously good as the first season.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Even if you do go to amazon's service it's a chore to find stuff through browsing rather than a straight up search by title, so shows are even less likely to be seen by random people.

Basically it's going to suck when amazon has a monopoly on everything in a few years.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Amazon is frustrating because you have to fuckin search for anime strike on the site to even find what they’ve got, so how are people supposed to stumble on it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Love is Like After the Rain is a super good manga and the manager is very moe

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

dogsicle posted:

You could go to /a/.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

You could go to /a/.

hmmm... i shan't

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm just going to pretend that browsing r/anime gives me insight into a similar demographic as /a/ and call it a day

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm going to continue to avoid those forums because they are terrible

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me

Well, this trailer just convinced me to get into a new genre entirely. This looks great!

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Guavatin posted:

Well, this trailer just convinced me to get into a new genre entirely. This looks great!

You should watch season one first, it's a fun show, the fights are incredible.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, so kill kill die murder kill survived.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh, so kill kill die murder kill survived.

Looks like a prequel to me. Lots of faces there who shouldn’t be.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Looks like a prequel to me. Lots of faces there who shouldn’t be.

i thought that too, until shang showed up. he explicitly wasn't around for any prequels.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

i thought that too, until shang showed up. he explicitly wasn't around for any prequels.

He may have been doing other stuff in the same general area, even if he didn’t meet Lin and his merry band of rogues.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Xelkelvos posted:

You could go to /a/.
I have made that mistake too often. The memes are searing my intellect.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ah, so that's why

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

He may have been doing other stuff in the same general area, even if he didn’t meet Lin and his merry band of rogues.

he didn't know jack about that country or anyone in it in season 1. plus, there was a shot in the trailer where stabby stab you was on the ground gravely wounded but refusing to die.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

If anyone is curious and/or is still watching the show, this week (ep 05) is when Just Because starts unraveling at the seams as foretold by those earlier reports of production woes.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

AnacondaHL posted:

If anyone is curious and/or is still watching the show, this week (ep 05) is when Just Because starts unraveling at the seams as foretold by those earlier reports of production woes.

That's a shame. I haven't started watching it yet but it looked interesting.

The way anime is made seems like madness.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I hope someone gifs it

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack

he didn't know jack about that country or anyone in it in season 1. plus, there was a shot in the trailer where stabby stab you was on the ground gravely wounded but refusing to die.

Apparently the trailer is for a special episode. The first half of the episode will be prequel stuff and the second half will be a set up for season two.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Agronox posted:

That's a shame. I haven't started watching it yet but it looked interesting.

The way anime is made seems like madness.

It's still a good show even with production issues so don't let that put you off it yet.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
No where else to put this

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AnacondaHL posted:

I thought I heard that this episode was getting delayed a week.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Spiritus Nox posted:

I thought I heard that this episode was getting delayed a week.

No, it's out. It was delayed until later in the day yesterday, and the art and animation are visibly struggling to exist. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

esselfortium posted:

No, it's out. It was delayed until later in the day yesterday, and the art and animation are visibly struggling to exist. :(

Only 5 episodes in. Woof.

• Locked thread