Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Yeah that looks more like squalor than rage-smashing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mgsv ps4 pro patch tomorrow

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Godholio posted:

Yeah that looks more like squalor than rage-smashing.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Bought Final Fantasy XV, it's interesting hearing Florence and the Machine cover Stand By Me in the intro. Not really a final fantasy song, drat good cover though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv2DSmy3Tro

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

mgsv ps4 pro patch tomorrow

4k and HDR? :gizz:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Assassins Creed Origins wins, map looks loving huge too

Looks great on PS4 pro

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Seriously a product placement for Coleman of all loving things? Literally Coleman logoed chairs, and what is recognizably an 8 man Coleman tent and camp stove.

Jeez, I can't keep track of who is the advertising goon in here but you'd be proud.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 31, 2017

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

orange juche posted:

Seriously a product placement for Coleman of all loving things? Literally Coleman logoed chairs, and what is recognizably an 8 man Coleman tent and camp stove.

Jeez, I can't keep track of who is the advertising goon in here but you'd be proud.

also ramen noodles

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Wolfenstein trip report : Bit short, sound design could use a rework to be more punchy like Doom.

Entirely worth it. Now for Bethesda to nickel and dime us for DLCs

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
SuperMario Odyssey is awesome. Totally worth what I spent on it.

Top 3 so far
There’s moais who wear sunglasses that let you see hidden paths

Bowser’s cow lick

The desert region is called the tostada world and you can wear a poncho and buy a sombrero with Doritocoin (the local currency)

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

its curtains for Kevin posted:

SuperMario Odyssey is awesome. Totally worth what I spent on it.

Top 3 so far
There’s moais who wear sunglasses that let you see hidden paths

Bowser’s cow lick

The desert region is called the tostada world and you can wear a poncho and buy a sombrero with Doritocoin (the local currency)

If you haven't seen the finale in New Donk City you are in for a throwback treat. Game is the most fun I've had in years. I played for four hours straight this afternoon which is something I never do with videogames. Every world has something I love about it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Laranzu posted:

Wolfenstein trip report : Bit short, sound design could use a rework to be more punchy like Doom.

Entirely worth it. Now for Bethesda to nickel and dime us for DLCs

Yeah I was really hoping Doom was a hint towards better sound design for Wolf 2 :(

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Wolfenstein is hard.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

Wolfenstein is hard.

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks so. I die. A lot.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Same, but I'm loving every minute of it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The court room level had me almost throwing my controller.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Mustang posted:

Assassins Creed Origins wins, map looks loving huge too

Looks great on PS4 pro

Just dont anyone get it for pc, its a trash fire

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

The court room level had me almost throwing my controller.

Yeah even more frustrating considering it's right before you get the health boost that gives you 100 health finally.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

M_Gargantua posted:

I'm playing it on pc and it's been fine, runs alright, zero crashes. Maybe i've just been lucky.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

Denuvo DRM which largely isn't that bad anymore but coupled with some ultra CPU hungry other DRM will do that it seems :(

Also I'm doing any mission where your dude is pissed off wearing my cat helmet. It looks rad and makes your voice all echoey.

CATMAN AND BIRDBRO LIVE IN TECHNICOLOR

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

the new rear end creed is...good?

i haven't played any since the 2nd one. I tried brotherhood but it was just more of the same.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
It's super good. Nice wide open world, Witcher 3 style combat, neat loot drops from random enemies, absolutely beautiful environment.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Yeah the environment is gorgeous and runs great on PS4. Definitely reminds me a bit of Witcher 3 in some regards. Very different combat from previous Assassins Creeds.

Bayek is also a pretty cool main character, up there with Ezio.

Alexandria is impressive as gently caress, I just got here. This has to be the largest rear end Creed world by far

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
It's actually fuckin mindboggling how big the game world is and how good it all looks.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
GTA V is a boatload of fun.

I didn't really "get into" the game as fast as I did with GTA San Andreas, because the several-actor-arcs felt a little odd, but I love it now. Graphics are blowing my mind for the amount of free movement/open world aspect, which is a good sign, since it's a 2015 game and I seem to still be impressionable by graphics 2 months after getting a new PC.

Figured I'd sneak in a last, quick mission before going to bed, and suddenly I'm doing Yoga and falling through the loving world on drugs. :lol:

My policy to always make sure to punch/tackle any pedestrian that mouths off to me is starting to become a bit of a burden, though.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

I'm almost convinced to try out the new Assassin's Creed. I've never played the others - would the story still make sense if I jumped right in?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mr_Ruckus posted:

I'm almost convinced to try out the new Assassin's Creed. I've never played the others - would the story still make sense if I jumped right in?

The main story, sure. You're a pissed off Medjay, go solve a big 'ol problem and meet some historical characters along the way. There's a little modern day fluff off and on, but it's not overwhelming like it was in previous games. So far in my roughly 30 hours of playing, the game has tossed me into the modern world twice and all for a whopping fifteen minutes at most. Then you're back in stabbing chumps and fighting hippos.

Edit:

You can also run around wearing nothing but a towel and clobber dudes in the junk with a giant golden mace that may or may not be on fire.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 2, 2017

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/529520/Mutant_Football_League/

Mutant league football is back

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Is this true? Who knows! Thank you call of duty.

https://i.imgur.com/2euCMRY.gifv

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Finally did two new things in My Summer Car tonight. Got to over 200 KPH using nitrous in permadeath mode, then won the cabin and station wagon from the pig card player.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Yeeeesssssss

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

Is this true? Who knows! Thank you call of duty.

https://i.imgur.com/2euCMRY.gifv

https://twitter.com/Fobwashed/status/925759065187172353

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

idgi, is this a microtransaction thing

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

idgi, is this a microtransaction thing

maybe? looot crate loot crates loot crates loot crates

I've watch two guys play it on twitch and it looks good. Faster than blood bowl and way deadlier.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
can't wait for the eventual comeback of War on Terror-themed FPS games, so I can open loot boxes in the smoking ruins of the World Trade Center

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Nov 3, 2017

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Third World Reggin posted:

maybe? looot crate loot crates loot crates loot crates

I've watch two guys play it on twitch and it looks good. Faster than blood bowl and way deadlier.

The original was my favorite Sega game.

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Nov 3, 2017

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The original was my favorite Sega game.

Looks interesting. I love the idea of Blood Bowl but it takes way too long to play and the dice gods constantly gently caress you over which really makes it feel like your choices don't have nearly the impact that pure luck does.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm bored with Shadow of War, I got to A3 and went 'meh'. It's very fun until that point but I just lost interest after uh...32 hours. I need to find something entertaining until the 10th, when the next Path of Exile race starts.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

My go to time killers are Europa Universalis 4, Cities Skylines, Stardew Valley, and Binding of Isaac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Vasudus posted:

I'm bored with Shadow of War, I got to A3 and went 'meh'. It's very fun until that point but I just lost interest after uh...32 hours. I need to find something entertaining until the 10th, when the next Path of Exile race starts.

Just shame orcs until they become enlisted marines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEqREyb820