Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
WHAT THE gently caress HAVE WE JUST DONE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

tarbrush posted:

WHAT THE gently caress HAVE WE JUST DONE!

yeah what the gently caress? ajayi was pretty amazing and a fourth round pick is pretty meh. i guess rbs fall off fast and you're probably not competing this year but still...

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ajayi absolutely owned the Bills last season so this is a great development.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If there is any justice in the world, Garapplo becomes the next Aaron Rodgers and Brady has a career ending injury next week. (Neither of those things will happen)

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

If there is any justice in the world, Garapplo becomes the next Aaron Rodgers and Brady has a career ending injury next week. (Neither of those things will happen)

good things happening to jed york isn't justice but if he went to some other team in FA so both the patriots and the 49ers got hosed that would be reasonable

our offensive line is...not great this year though and brady's been getting hit way too much so it's always possible.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilweasel posted:

good things happening to jed york isn't justice but if he went to some other team in FA so both the patriots and the 49ers got hosed that would be reasonable

our offensive line is...not great this year though and brady's been getting hit way too much so it's always possible.

York over the cheats forever.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I'm coming around to the idea that the Patriots just don't give a gently caress about life after Brady. They're just going to go HAM until he explodes in a cloud of avocado ice cream and "supplements" and worry about the cleanup later.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

tom brady drinks purified water and doesn't eat tomatoes so he will live forever

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They took another touchdown away from the jets at home? Lmao at these season ticket holders

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

They took another touchdown away from the jets at home? Lmao at these season ticket holders

Imagine if they didn't get hosed over against the cheats? They would be in a playoff spot...

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Imagine if they didn't get hosed over against the cheats? They would be in a playoff spot...

but instead you solidified ours and hurt your draft position again last night

thanks guys

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

evilweasel posted:

thanks guys

Enjoy it while it lasts. It IS going to end at some point.

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

nobody's disagreeing

Nobody cares... America is a racist nation.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Enjoy it while it lasts. It IS going to end at some point.

yeah we got like 3 years max at this point and 3 is stretching it to a hilarious degree since we no longer have any qb pipeline

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

evilweasel posted:

yeah we got like 3 years max at this point and 3 is stretching it to a hilarious degree since we no longer have any qb pipeline

The second that teams loses it's cheating infrastructure they are going to be playing in front of 35k people.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

The_Raven posted:

Nobody cares... America is a racist nation.

nobody's disagreeing

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

evilweasel posted:

The draft position thing no longer matters since the Browns, Niners, and probably not even the Giants will win 4 games.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

The draft position thing no longer matters since the Browns, Niners, and probably not even the Giants will win 4 games.

They are going to have to either move up in the draft or sign a FA. That is already baked into the cake.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Are you saying mccown is not elite?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

McCown leads the league in TD passes over 15 yards. No one in their right mind wants an extension but it’s a testament to Morton that QB play isn’t holding them back too much.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

McCown leads the league in TD passes over 15 yards. No one in their right mind wants an extension but it’s a testament to Morton that QB play isn’t holding them back too much.

McCown should be the Jets backup QB after this season for as long as he wants.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Real hurthling! posted:

Are you saying mccown is not elite?

McCown is delete. As in "delete the nfl."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Jets might end up playing the Bucs without Winston OR Evans. Lucky.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Comedy option: The Jets get demolished by Fitzpatrick

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Gonna laugh when the Jets end up taking 2nd in the division.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Gonna laugh when the Jets end up taking 2nd in the division.

They might legitimately be the second best team in the division...

The Unnamed One posted:

Comedy option: The Jets get demolished by Fitzpatrick

Very possible.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
Let's maybe pump the brakes on the Jets a little bit, yes? At least wait until they have a winning record

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Fitzpatrick had his revenge game against Buffalo back when he was with Houston, it's only fair he returns the favor against the Jets.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Sheen Sheen posted:

Let's maybe pump the brakes on the Jets a little bit, yes? At least wait until they have a winning record

I'm much more talking about the other teams in the division than the Jets, who aren't very good.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sheen Sheen posted:

The Jets being a trash team and still finishing with a better record than the Bills and Dolphins would absolutely make me laugh.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jets being a trash team and still finishing with a better record than the Bills and Dolphins would absolutely make me laugh.

There shouldn't be much controversy that the Jets are a better team than the Dolphins. That is pretty obvious to anyone who has been watching this year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol only you would give a poo poo.

Jets and Dolphins are equal.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol only you would give a poo poo.

Jets and Dolphins are equal.

I don't give a poo poo but the Jets are clearly better.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Me: the past two decades

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mcmagic posted:

I don't give a poo poo but the Jets are clearly better.

As evidenced by the the records both in the league and against each other huh?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hold on I have the falcons on hold, asking them quickly...

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

As evidenced by the the records both in the league and against each other huh?

Use your eyes.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
I think the Jets have looked better for longer periods this season than the Dolphins have. That's not turned into wins so much and maybe that's all that matters.

Maybe it's just because nobody was expecting anything of the Jets this season, but they've been surprisingly good so far. Dolphins have been disappointing, which again, might be regression rather than under performing.

Meanwhile neither team makes the playoffs and the Pats get home field advantage again.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

mcmagic posted:

Use your eyes.

I did. I looked at the standings. You’re behind. Just like scoreboard a couple weeks back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I can't imagine getting even mildly feisty defending this Dolphins team. I want Tannyhills back :(

• Locked thread