Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Dark meat is better and wetter than white meat, and gravy makes everything better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pharmaskittle posted:

Turkey sucks, just roast a chicken or a duck in the oven. They taste better and are easier to make.

This. Roasting a duck requires salt and four hours in an oven during which you can get blasted on box wine and watch football.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Nothus posted:

This. Roasting a duck requires salt and four hours in an oven during which you can get blasted on box wine and watch football.

You also get a bunch of duck lard which you can turn into gravy and god drat you haven't lived until you've had duck gravy

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

prefect posted:

Dark meat is better and wetter than white meat, and gravy makes everything better.

light meat is trash

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Chapo continues their tradition of mispronouncing things by calling it a Weegie Board on their Halloween special with Street Fight Radio.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Uranium posted:

Chapo continues their tradition of mispronouncing things by calling it a Weegie Board on their Halloween special with Street Fight Radio.

The Redux moment from the previous episode was legit one of my favorite moments in a while.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

OxySnake posted:

The Redux moment from the previous episode was legit one of my favorite moments in a while.

I thought it was a bit for a second, then I realized what was going on and lost it entirely. It was a great time for the chemist I work with to walk into the lab :v:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Uranium posted:

How the hell are you supposed to say it

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Felix could have said ruh-dwah, re-duh, ruh-doo.

But he said re-doy.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Ouija ends in the letter 'a' my dude.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh god, Gavin McGinnis regretting the creation of the Proud Boys is going to make my 2017 top ten.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If you guys like episodes like this where they're just riffing on stupid poo poo, the new podcast What a Time to Be Alive has been pretty funny. It's Patrick Monahan, Kath Barbadoro and Eli Yudin going over the dumbest things of the past week.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Uranium posted:

Ouija ends in the letter 'a' my dude.

the gently caress are you talking about? it also starts with O that is pronounced with a W. weejee is a pretty standard pronunciation

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Wee-jah.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Real talk I didn’t know what ppl were talking about the first time they said weegee because I knew how it was spelled and it just didn’t connect in my brain

I’m ok with it though, English has all sorts of hosed up poo poo like that

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

Henchman of Santa posted:

If you guys like episodes like this where they're just riffing on stupid poo poo, the new podcast What a Time to Be Alive has been pretty funny. It's Patrick Monahan, Kath Barbadoro and Eli Yudin going over the dumbest things of the past week.
Second this. Plus it has such a snappy announcer!

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL5sMGSAli0

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

padijun posted:

the gently caress are you talking about? it also starts with O that is pronounced with a W. weejee is a pretty standard pronunciation

it's pronounced talking board actually.....................

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It's called a witchboard as evidenced by the movie starring Tawny Kitaen and 2 fine sequels.

Please ignore the endorsement by Little Rock Democrat.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
actually it is pronounced /kəˈrɑn/.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

This episode was great and touched on a lot of things that bug me. Namely the fantasizing about socially acceptable extreme violence. I also really enjoyed the analogy of antifa violence/knock out gamers as being basically campfire stories for right wing dipshits.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Thanks for the recommendation. Just checked out the latest episode. Pretty funny, and a bit more lighthearted than Chapo, but it might get a little tedious hearing people riff on the same weird internet poo poo on two different shows.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
This antifa supersoldier episode is nice and light and fun. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. :allears:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

prefect posted:

This antifa supersoldier episode is nice and light and fun. I'm enjoying the heck out of it. :allears:

Yup.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Gorka uses "sheeple" unironically.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joementum posted:

edit: dammit, I saw the picture in another thread, and thought I had a good line. :argh:

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

This episode was great and touched on a lot of things that bug me. Namely the fantasizing about socially acceptable extreme violence. I also really enjoyed the analogy of antifa violence/knock out gamers as being basically campfire stories for right wing dipshits.

One thing I was wondering is if this was something uniquely American, the way that we’re totally OK w violence but sex is taboo, while Europe has always been described as the flip side of that. Like, I know there’s always gonna be the guy that’s like “give me a few minutes w that rapist” stuff, but the way it’s so large scale and you have stuff like 3%ers who are just itching for something to happen.

Also, I love my parents but they make one of the worst Thanksgiving meals. No mashed potatoes, because as my Mom once told me when I pressed her “we already have a potato.” Which is yams... from a can, microwaved, and I don’t think any brown sugar. Frozen peas. I had to spend Thanksgiving in jail back in 09, and it was honest to God a better meal.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oh god, Gavin McGinnis regretting the creation of the Proud Boys is going to make my 2017 top ten.
I mean he's a marketing dipshit at heart; this had to blow up in his face sooner or later.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Joementum posted:

https://youtu.be/cyT82Ke04ZM

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I haven't listened to the ep yet, but what have the proud boys become that he doesn't like? Isn't a gaggle of unfuckable dweebs not jacking off exactly what he wanted to create?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

he has to know the jokes right? Like, not even a nazi sympathizer right wing 'intellectual' is this much of a loving dorkus, he's playing into the jokes for heat, right?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I haven't listened to the ep yet, but what have the proud boys become that he doesn't like? Isn't a gaggle of unfuckable dweebs not jacking off exactly what he wanted to create?
McInnes, Milo, and the rest of the "alt-light" are media shills at heart, and they all dream of being rich and successful on the level of someone like Glenn Beck. The alt-right was an untapped market, but at some point being associated with these people is going to limit your potential growth, especially after you've encouraged them to openly identify as Nazis and start beating and murdering people. Oops!

sexpig by night posted:

he has to know the jokes right? Like, not even a nazi sympathizer right wing 'intellectual' is this much of a loving dorkus, he's playing into the jokes for heat, right?
He's not playing into them enough. This is a remarkably reserved Gorka. Hell, his sig doesn't even identify him as v. Dr. Sebastian Gorka.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 3, 2017

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

McInnes, Milo, and the rest of the "alt-light" are media shills at heart, and they all dream of being rich and successful on the level of someone like Glenn Beck. The alt-right was an untapped market, but at some point being associated with these people is going to limit your potential growth, especially after you've encouraged them to openly identify as Nazis and start beating and murdering people. Oops

So is it less that he made some statements about it so much as it's just being pointed out that this poo poo is loving with his career?

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
That's actually Punished Gorka they're talking to

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

You have to realize that Evil Mastermind Gorka is and has always been solely a creation of James Adomian. The real Gorka is kind of a moron that people only assume is smart because of his fancy accent. See his thesis, for example.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Evil Mastermind Gorka is also an idiot. He's truly a guy people think is smart because he has an accent.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

So is it less that he made some statements about it so much as it's just being pointed out that this poo poo is loving with his career?
I don't even know what statements you're referring to, it's just an all-too-obvious pattern with these people.

When Milo got fired from Breitbart and founded his own site, I wasn't surprised at all. I don't even think it failed because the pedo thing was too toxic--well, that was part of it, but the other part is that Milo is way too lazy to do the actual work. He just relishes provocative stunts that don't mean anything.

As an aside, Milo's terrible dress sense at age 33 is cringe-inducing, and I'm a 34-year-old man with 5 facial piercings.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 3, 2017

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gorrrrrrkaaaaaa

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The running theme of the year has been that winning the culture war was what they wanted after all and that even though they "won" the election it has only made them more ostracised and mocked.

The cry of triumph from /r/The_Donald on election night was "how does our dick taste?" and it turns out they really are crying becsuse nobody is actually blowing them now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

As an aside, Milo's terrible dress sense at age 33 is cringe-inducing, and I'm a 34-year-old man with 5 facial piercings.

He is a gay guy who dresses how homophobes think gay guys dress, pretty much.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Nov 3, 2017