Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Do you guys think a hot dog is a sandwich?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Slime posted:

You've explained your thoughts real poorly because you don't seem to understand what assault is, or what actually happened. He wasn't in a match. That means he wasn't currently consenting to have airsoft guns fired at him, and even during a match what the other guy did is what is called a "dick move, bro".

If you would read the posts I made mere moments ago you would see I aknowledge him as a dick for shooting outside the game. It isnt any lack of explaining on my part that is causing the misunderstanding on your part. "Dick move bro" is simply as far as it goes in my book.

As for your ideas about assault and consent, they don't concern me beyond the fact that I find them strange.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Nathilus posted:

If you would read the posts I made mere moments ago you would see I aknowledge him as a dick for shooting outside the game. It isnt any lack of explaining on my part that is causing the misunderstanding on your part. "Dick move bro" is simply as far as it goes in my book.

As for your ideas about assault and consent, they don't concern me beyond the fact that I find them strange.

Why does it not count as assault for shooting someone with an airsoft gun when they did not consent to it? Are you saying it's fine if I shoot YOU with an airsoft gun when you're not airsofting?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Nathilus posted:

Yeah, that's my point. File assault charges on all of em. Laffo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Butler_%28boxer%29?wprov=sfla1

quote:

On November 29, 2001, Butler punched fellow boxer Richard "The Alien" Grant without any gloves on after losing a fight, for which he was arrested and charged with aggravated assault. 

:thunk:

PS, him not wearing any gloves for the punch isn't why he was arrested, so don't try that.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

It isnt any lack of explaining on my part that is causing the misunderstanding on your part. "Dick move bro" is simply as far as it goes in my book, your honor.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

Gonna say it's what happens when you get someone who desperately wants to join the army to kill people but is also too out-of-shape, mentally incompetent, or just plain lazy to actually enlist.

Man, I sold/burned/threw away every drat thing I had in the army. gently caress a patch.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/jMTwZ2W.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/npSFCcq.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/s6L7Gz9.mp4

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
this derail is not what the title promised me, i'm charging all derailers with fraud

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Slime posted:

Why does it not count as assault for shooting someone with an airsoft gun when they did not consent to it? Are you saying it's fine if I shoot YOU with an airsoft gun when you're not airsofting?

It would be dickish of you but considering the danger involved and harm done I would find an assault charge borderline ludicrous and woild never push for one myself.

I see a relatively large difference between shooting someone with an airsoft gun and a trained boxer taking a swing in terms of probable harm done which is why you won't see me trying to bring boxing or any other activity for that matter into an airsoft discussion.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

china bot posted:

this derail is not what the title promised me, i'm charging all derailers with fraud

Done now I pwomise. :blush:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
So, how is that grown rear end man hurting a kid with an airsoft gun any different from, let's say, a grown rear end man kicking a kid?

For example, here:

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

nerdz posted:

So, how is that grown rear end man hurting a kid with an airsoft gun any different from, let's say, a grown rear end man kicking a kid?

For example, here:

Did the kid in this video burn that guys patch though, this is important.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I never get tired of that one. :allears:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

zakharov posted:

Do you guys think a hot dog is a sandwich?

Depends, did that hot dog burn my subway sandwich club card?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Who could possibly have foreseen this outcome?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

This thread has got to be the most easily derailed thread on the forums.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I like that everything lights up except the wick because the part that's supposed to have fuel in it has none.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I've never owned or refilled a Zippo but I'm sure it isn't supposed to spurt out fluid like that.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

zoux posted:

No that's the relationship thread.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Actual shadenfuel post:

My two worst paintball hits. The first was the very first time I played. One caught me right on the first knuckle of my index finger and didn't break. It temporarily felt every bit as bad as the time I broke my hand when I was younger, and it's the only time I've cried from physical pain since going through puberty.

The second was some years later. Caught me in the rear end and bounced off the pointy part of the pelvis, again refusing to break. I didn't cry that time but the indignity was probably greater. It left a huuuuge bruise, made it uncomfortable to sit for days, and had that part of my pelvis aching for what felt like a week. Legitimate butt stuff doesn't hurt nearly as bad as that sucker did. Unless you doin butt atuff with an absolute maniac, I guess.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've never owned or refilled a Zippo but I'm sure it isn't supposed to spurt out fluid like that.

You fill the other part. Like, the part that actually has the wick. It has a little pad you peel back and the inside is filled with wadding that you soak. It would be obvious if you had one in your hands.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Admiral Joeslop posted:

The part he slots in is where you're supposed to stick the fuel. It has.... Well, uh, wadding inside. Looks like cotton but I'm not sure if it actually is. As saint freak pointed out, the one part that is supposed to be wet is bone dry.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Nathilus posted:

It would be dickish of you but considering the danger involved and harm done I would find an assault charge borderline ludicrous and woild never push for one myself.

I see a relatively large difference between shooting someone with an airsoft gun and a trained boxer taking a swing in terms of probable harm done which is why you won't see me trying to bring boxing or any other activity for that matter into an airsoft discussion.

If a grown man walked up behind your child and kicked him/her in the spine, would you press assault charges? I sure as poo poo would, and firing a airsoft or paintball marker in anger like that at those ranges with those intents fulfill the exact definition of assault.

I owned a paintball field for years, and if anyone ever did anything even remotely like that I would have called the police to report assault and permanently banned the offender. Plus fields in the area would warn each other about problem customers too, so he wouldn't be able to play anywhere in the region.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lou Takki posted:

If a grown man walked up behind your child and kicked him/her in the spine, would you press assault charges?

Well does the kid have Downs syndrome?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Saint Freak posted:

I like that everything lights up except the wick because the part that's supposed to have fuel in it has none.

He's managed to do the exact inverse of what you are supposed to do.

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

zoux posted:

One idiot can just walk in, say something dumb or controversial and the thread will talk about it for the next 10 pages. It's sad how easy it is.

Sports schaden

The Dodgers had Kershaw on a rest schedule that looked like he was going to start game 7. Instead, they started Yu Darvish who gave up 5 runs in 1.2 innings before getting pulled. Kershaw was put in next inning and allowed 0 runs through the next 4. God please fire Rick Honeycutt.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

zoux posted:

It's probably the most consisently derailed- handegg- thread.

Has it been six pages? They should be getting derailed soon.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

The relationship thread once almost killed itself over a woman complaining about her dad shaving in the morning.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BallisticClipboard posted:

One idiot can just walk in, say something dumb or controversial and the thread will talk about it for the next 10 pages. It's sad how easy it is.

That's completely wrong. And furthermore, I think you'll find...

Oh.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

ranbo das posted:

The relationship thread once almost killed itself over a woman complaining about her dad shaving in the morning.

*peels hands from facepalmed face*

alright I bite, what the gently caress?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Shut the gently caress up about airsoft goddamn I do not care.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://i.imgur.com/zlSJE25.mp4

The ol cat give dick kick move.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://i.imgur.com/oB9dIxX.mp4

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Goa Tse-tung posted:

*peels hands from facepalmed face*

alright I bite, what the gently caress?

She was a college student (or young adult). Her dad noisily shaved at 5 AM. A legit complaint or another whine from Those Darn Millennials? Obviously she should be grateful she's allowed to live at home at all.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

zakharov posted:

She was a college student (or young adult). Her dad noisily shaved at 5 AM. A legit complaint or another whine from Those Darn Millennials?

And no one could decide what "noisily shaved" actually meant either. The whole thing was super annoying at first, but then morphed into something beautifully terrible.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A man should be able to shave as noisily as he wants in his own house. :colbert:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

This is how it starts

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Proteus Jones posted:

And no one could decide what "noisily shaved" actually meant either. The whole thing was super annoying at first, but then morphed into something beautifully terrible.

I mean, he couldn't be singing while shaving... Unless he was shaving his legs?

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Proteus Jones posted:

Well those electric shavers can be pretty loud, maybe it was one of those? I mean at 5am NNNYRRRROOOOOOON NYRRRRROOOON NRN NRN NRN NRN NYRRRRROOOON can by pretty alarming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Hihohe posted:

https://i.imgur.com/zlSJE25.mp4

The ol cat give dick kick move.

The ancient art of Catrate.