Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
also angered is like entirely NEETs anyway, the "we need to go back to work" thing is what they in the industry call "face-saving"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

my retainers have given me two fedoras today from their ventures, so i've taken the hint

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
I thought most statics in general were filled with NEETs, the raid times people expect in this game are ridiculous even for so called "casual groups". WoW raid tiers have like 3 times the number of bosses but 12 hours a week is considered pretty serious while in this game that seems like the norm for a casual group

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

ArtIsResistance posted:

Oh yeah and the cross class system was bad but the new role system is also bad because there are only 5 slots and I want to take rescue AND protect because random parties literally will not start moving until you give them protect because holy poo poo I hate this game!!

It's possible to set up a macro to swap protect in and out. It's not perfect, since you can't add a new role action if you're in combat, but it's not bad. Phone posting so I can't share, but Google should help.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Reiterpallasch posted:

this is low-stakes as hell but some of mtq's guides in creator straight up ignored phases because angered killed the boss early and mtq never bothered to double-check with anyone else. the first version of the a9s guide didn't have anything after the attack where you had to mini yourself, iirc.

e: i think the first version of the a5s guide also didn't mention the bomb phase after chimera, though if you were seeing that mechanic you were pretty screwed anyway

Didn’t the fight just repeat after that mini attack? I don’t think I ever saw enrage on that fight, it was pretty easy on release and if you would’ve hit enrage you would’ve died in the add phase.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

hobbesmaster posted:

Didn’t the fight just repeat after that mini attack? I don’t think I ever saw enrage on that fight, it was pretty easy on release and if you would’ve hit enrage you would’ve died in the add phase.

It does, it just loops the last two patterns over and over.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

ArtIsResistance posted:

12 hours a week is considered pretty serious while in this game that seems like the norm for a casual group
What are you basing this on? I rarely see groups advertise as meeting more than 3 times a week, and most of them are meeting for 2-3 hours.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

hobbesmaster posted:

a9s is trash compactor man right? If it is, then no that fight doesn't repeat at all. every bomb phase and how you have to deal with it is unique, and most casual groups (or at least mine) saw two mini phases for his double lariats or whatever until they were better geared from the later floors

edit:

BrightWing posted:

It does, it just loops the last two patterns over and over.

oh it does? wouldn't that be 3 mini phases in though? because the stuff between the first and second one are definitely unique if I remember right

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
My group is scheduled for 7.5 total but we usually call it after clears on the first night, so it's more like 6-6.5 hours a week.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Velthice posted:

edit:

oh it does? wouldn't that be 3 mini phases in though? because the stuff between the first and second one are definitely unique if I remember right

The two sets of bomb patterns and adds after the first mini just keep looping. average dps at the time though meant he usually died around the start of that second set, so only the slower groups saw the loop

we know this cause we are the slow group :v:

E: happy news, we one shot NED this week, I'm so proud of us!

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

small bird pudding posted:

It's possible to set up a macro to swap protect in and out. It's not perfect, since you can't add a new role action if you're in combat, but it's not bad. Phone posting so I can't share, but Google should help.

Hmmm neato! Further proof that protect is terrible and a bad addition to the game

Martman posted:

What are you basing this on? I rarely see groups advertise as meeting more than 3 times a week, and most of them are meeting for 2-3 hours.

Always see people advertising in PF for "semi-casual" 3 hour raids 4 times a week which I guess is why they're looking for people in PF and not actually finding people

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

BrightWing posted:

The two sets of bomb patterns and adds after the first mini just keep looping. average dps at the time though meant he usually died around the start of that second set, so only the slower groups saw the loop

we know this cause we are the slow group :v:

E: happy news, we one shot NED this week, I'm so proud of us!

I do not remember this at all, but I have blocked much of alex from my memory

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

In fairness, the wolf set hides your existing ears and tail, while the fox ears do not and you end up with two sets of ears. I really like the wolf costume for my monk, makes me feel feral :shobon:

Wolf ears, last year's vampire vest and hell claws from the extreme ARR primal weekly and become a Yarnam Monk. Beware the old blood.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Except for Swindler, the greatest name for anything in any form of media for all time

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Velthice posted:

a9s is trash compactor man right? If it is, then no that fight doesn't repeat at all. every bomb phase and how you have to deal with it is unique, and most casual groups (or at least mine) saw two mini phases for his double lariats or whatever until they were better geared from the later floors

edit:

Looking at a text guide it looks like they’re slightly different (bomb locations) but you handle them the same. That would explain how I could main SCH at the time and not recall them being different!

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Stormgale posted:

How are Mizzteq's Videos wrong friend?

:allears:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I just wanna thank this thread for ruining a couple channels I really liked with idiot 12-year-old youtube drama

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

ArtIsResistance posted:

I thought most statics in general were filled with NEETs, the raid times people expect in this game are ridiculous even for so called "casual groups". WoW raid tiers have like 3 times the number of bosses but 12 hours a week is considered pretty serious while in this game that seems like the norm for a casual group

"casual" and "hardcore" mean wildly different things to every single player. Some base it on time requirement, some base it on actual progression. A group can have hardcore time commitments like that 12 hours and still not clear Savage because they're bad, and thus consider themselves casual.

The usual for groups is about 6 hours a week.

e: another good illustration: Are doing relic weapon quests while they're relevant a casual or hardcore thing? Not since the requirement of Titan (Hard) on-ilv has any individual step of a relic quest had any actual gameplay challenge, but they all have required a big time investment to get done while the weapon is relevant in current content. Nobody can agree on how to classify that structure, so the terms are basically useless without context and specification.

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 3, 2017

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
we ran 4 hours a week during creator and cleared everything "on time" idk, you don't have to go super neet 64 just to kill bosses in this game

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

You do for unending coil it seems.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Actually it's really simple.

Casuals are people who play less than me.

Poopsockers are people who play more than me.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

hobbesmaster posted:

You do for unending coil it seems.

going super neet 64 doesn't seem to be working either, honestly

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

They should probably get with the times and go Super NEET Odyssey

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

what the gently caress is a NEET

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

IcePhoenix posted:

Not Employed, in Education or Training.

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Imagine four dwaifus on the edge of a cliff

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Reiterpallasch posted:

we ran 4 hours a week during creator and cleared everything "on time" idk, you don't have to go super neet 64 just to kill bosses in this game

I dunno if we’ll make it to/through Bahamut on that schedule. We’ll see if we can get there but my super-cas Savage group’s still at the end of O3S. It’s most folks in the group’s first Savage but we got past O2S playing once a week for 2-4 hours in the first month the got hard walled by Halicarnassus and her mechanics vomit and murder adds after that.

That said, I’m glad Savage is something most people can at least attempt these days. I joined the game in 3.1 and got my first taste of Savage in 3.2 and lol holy poo poo there are not enough hours in the day for me to have a job, live a life, and run early Alexander Savage.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Golden Bahamut no-sold Ultra Instinct NEET so yoship is going to have to change the rules to keep things moving along.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Truga posted:

Not Employed, in Education or Training.

thanks

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

ArtIsResistance posted:

Always see people advertising in PF for "semi-casual" 3 hour raids 4 times a week which I guess is why they're looking for people in PF and not actually finding people

Yeah but unless you're doing actual progression you don't do the full 3hrs, 4 times a week. 12hrs in a WoW raiding guild was pretty mild for a mythic raiding group as well.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
to the tune of Another One Bites the Dust

https://twitter.com/ayafromfflogs/status/926542757002383360

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
um, i'm told that it's actually for sad personal reasons as opposed to This Fight Is Hard, so i feel bad now

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mr. Locke posted:

I dunno if we’ll make it to/through Bahamut on that schedule. We’ll see if we can get there but my super-cas Savage group’s still at the end of O3S. It’s most folks in the group’s first Savage but we got past O2S playing once a week for 2-4 hours in the first month the got hard walled by Halicarnassus and her mechanics vomit and murder adds after that.

That said, I’m glad Savage is something most people can at least attempt these days. I joined the game in 3.1 and got my first taste of Savage in 3.2 and lol holy poo poo there are not enough hours in the day for me to have a job, live a life, and run early Alexander Savage.

We're at about the same spot with our mega casual group running a grand total of 5 hours a week, started savage a well behind everyone else and lost about half a month due to hurricanes knocking out 3 raiders. We will probably never see the beyond savage poo poo at all except as a "Well it's 4.5 and we've finally cleared O4S, lets go take a peek at how hosed we'd be if we tried this"

Speaking of, if there are any other super casuals looking for a raid group, we're thinking about firing up a 2nd group. We've noticed in casual groups that "Set raid days" are a bit more difficult as it attracts the older generation of moms n dads who play video games. Having a larger pool of two raid groups that could occasionally bum members off of eachother would be rather handy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Behoped it's not something that's going to stop them raiding long term, even if it means their race is over for now.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Reiterpallasch posted:

um, i'm told that it's actually for sad personal reasons as opposed to This Fight Is Hard, so i feel bad now

Wow, ultimate coil’s mechanics are hosed up

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
in phase 19, your static has to play Match Game, hosted by Nael and Twintania, then Bahamut reappears while you're still managing the relationship drama

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Reiterpallasch posted:

is it legit sad personal reasons or is it because someone on the team leaked the latest ultimate bahamut footage? Because there was a lot of internal fingerpointing and angry drama when that dropped yesterday.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

Wow, ultimate coil’s mechanics are hosed up

Yoship should’ve warned everyone about the “if you die in the game you die in real life” phase.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
apparently a dead pet?

e:

hobbesmaster posted:

Yoship should’ve warned everyone about the “if you die in the game you die in real life” phase.

doesn't the .hack/gu remake come out tomorrow or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The personal reason is called "Super Mario Odyssey"