Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
So glad to hear that everything is just fine.

It's nice to know that when a game isn't producing any new content that the people behind the scenes are a ok and strong as ever!

See? The world ain't so bad after all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

soscannonballs posted:

I don't regret any of the money I spent on marble hebrons, and from the time I started playing to the release of Black Cat, MH was one of my favorite games. Doing the beta muspelheim raids with the guild was a ton of fun, and I will never forget the great nicknames people came up with for the various characters.

Same. The memes were worth 1000s of dollars. And the only tournament.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Time to log the gently caress in

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

I will never forget the wonderful time spent with my husbando Loki or his friends Bobby "Assman" Drake, Big Juggs, Vernon, and Magento.

edit - gently caress modok

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fried Sushi posted:

Comments today from Gaz:

And the Brevik's weigh in:

Why is it every time I come back to this thread to see if the game's turned around it's even more :yikes: than last time?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Merkin Hobos is the gift that keeps on giving, just not in the way people would like. (Including myself, for what it's worth.)

Doomsaw posted:

Well, I know exactly what's happening right now, but I will let them speak for themselves when they think the time is right. I don't want to get involved with their business, I don't work there anymore.

What they choose to do is up to them and I understand it's very complicated. I bet 99% of the staff wants to do the right thing, but aren't in a position to do it because of lack of specific information or authority to do so.

It would break my heart if lovely behavior, leadership or careless decisions impacted the jobs of the regular folks at Gazillion who don't have the luxury of executive positions - especially knowing it could have been avoided.

Doomsaw posted:

Agreed. I think they need to have a daily, official update for players (which I’ve always said “are the real boss of the company”) before players should be expected to invest further money. Very few millionaires play the game and every dollar is valuable, so treat the customers right and stop bullshitting. If they can’t assure you that the game is going to be open in a month from now, there is a problem.

I hate saying that because there are dozens of human beings working at Gazillion that could lose their jobs because of lovely management decisions.
Hmm.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I’m guessing that “lovely management decisions “are actively abandoning the players that are actually paying the bills and instead focusing on a console game that was dead on arrival

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

If they were smart all hero boxes would be blind loot boxes that you pay for. And all dropped loot would be a loot box that you have to pay to open. With a chance for that box to just have another box in it.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

You forgot to add that the boxes should require separate keys too.

Edit: Doomsaw delivering the doom:

Doomsaw posted:

Yeah, that’s fair enough. I’ll share my personal opinion on their business with the caveat that I’m not there anymore: If you have a loyal community on any platform (which we did on PC), don’t disenfranchise them while trying to add a new platform.

We worked for a couple of years to build up a strong community, and even though it was small by some standards, it still represented a big chunk of revenue and goodwill. So, the drop in PC player base could have been avoided while still making a solid console project. Its clear from the layoffs in the summer and other changes that the strategic decision has already had massive repercussions and will ultimately end the project.

madcow fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Nov 2, 2017

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

the gazristocrats

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

Haven't been visiting discord or this in a while. Join another dead game with me.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

jujojoh posted:

Haven't been visiting discord or this in a while. Join another dead game with me.

Left the discord when someone started spamming @here / @everyone

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Question: is Thor: Ragnarok the first Marvel movie that doesn't have a tie-in costume released same day as the movie? Because that's pretty drat telling, if so.

In fact, I think all the shows had tie-ins too. From looking at the web page, even the terrible Inhumans show has a tie-in costume (for consoles only).

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

jujojoh posted:

Come play POE, the waters nice over here.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

FranktheBank posted:

Left the discord when someone started spamming @here / @everyone

You can return. That’s been handled.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AgentPilot posted:

Hi All,

Unfortunately, we don't have any news we can share this week, but we wanted to let you know that we're still here and will be sure to let you know when we have an update. We hope to have an announcement soon.

Thanks so much!
An announcement to announce they have nothing to announce. You could tell me this was satire and I'd cheerfully buy it.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You can return. That’s been handled.

I'm back.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

Lechtansi posted:

Come play POE, the waters nice over here.

Games not dead enough. But really, I probably won't be playing another loot based games for a while. Had a blast with this game

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Come play Density 2. It’s both dead AND alive! And lots of people are playing it.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Come play Density 2. It’s both dead AND alive! And lots of people are playing it.

But can it match my Marvel Heroes cost ratio of 2 cents spent per hour played?

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

Question: is Thor: Ragnarok the first Marvel movie that doesn't have a tie-in costume released same day as the movie? Because that's pretty drat telling, if so.

In fact, I think all the shows had tie-ins too. From looking at the web page, even the terrible Inhumans show has a tie-in costume (for consoles only).

Aside from everything else going on, you know something is going down in china town because I specifically remember them talking about some kind of event for the Thor movie a while back, along with some new costumes (Planet Hulk update, etc.).

By the way, I was bored the other day and looked up court filings for one David L. Dorhmann, turns out quite a few of the details in that blog post are true. Who would have thought that a guy who can't manage his credit in his personal life would be bad at running a company too...

madcow fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Nov 5, 2017

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

YOGIDAD

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Yea they had said they were gonna release Unworthy Thor as his own character for the movie, guess that's definitely not happening any time soon.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Namaer posted:

Yea they had said they were gonna release Unworthy Thor as his own character for the movie, guess that's definitely not happening any time soon.

So our grand total of characters released this year is 2? Is that right?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Spider-woman was supposed to be this year as well but lol that's not happening.

Would be really curious to hear what actually happened at Gaz.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

given their repeated denials that yogidad has been harassing employees im gonna go ahead and guess that that's what it was

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Yogi dad sexually harassed spider woman?

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Is Gaz trying to do a Red5?

vuorikissa
May 1, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So our grand total of characters released this year is 2? Is that right?

Minus 3 actually. 2 released, 5 removed.

yogidrummer, too.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost

punchymcpunch posted:

given their repeated denials that yogidad has been harassing employees im gonna go ahead and guess that that's what it was

If sexual harassment put companies out of of business there wouldn't be any companies.

On the other hand, this guy is a special kind of slime who would probably run the company into the ground, steal the operating cash for a larger bonus check, and then loot the pension fund (if they had one) Hostess style.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

There was some comment on reddit or somewhere, maybe it was already posted here, but basically the gamble they took by going all in on the console version, apparently didn't do well enough to offset the losses from the exodus of PC players and so they missed their 3rd quarter benchmarks as far as finances and their funding sources dried up, in the sense that they said they weren't going to give Gaz more money.

Now they are supposedly trying to shop around the game(s) to different publishers, but no one is/was biting.

If that is true or not, who knows, but seems plausible considering the current state of events.

Edit: I found it, here: https://forums.marvelheroesomega.com/discussion/10750/interesting-news-update-bring-on-the-von-doom-and-gloom

madcow fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 5, 2017

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
This looks the standard small technology company with a bullshitter CEO reaching the end of its lifecycle pattern.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

User posted:

This looks the standard small technology company with a bullshitter CEO reaching the end of its lifecycle pattern.

It's classic "business first" thinking. The heads are all worried about expanding markets and 3rd quarter returns and nobody is focused on making a good game.

That poo poo is important, but not more important than your product.

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
You're not wrong, but I was outright implying that, based on my experience with companies in similar situations, durrman could reasonably be thought to be defrauding his investors for his own short term gain. Sadly there is plenty enough gray area for slime like him to drip through a few hundred grand or maybe a mil richer. Turns out that lying to your investors that you know what you're doing isn't actually legally fraud, you have to actually start writing yourself checks or something. Even that is iffy. I've seen executives funnel hundreds of thousands to friends and family under the T&E budget and it was deemed legal enough to not be worth suing over.

User fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 6, 2017

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

what's with superhero online rpgs and suddenly vanishing

User
May 3, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Nap Ghost
That's just companies actually. Companies suddenly vanish all the time. The statistics are alarming to anyone who has looked into investing in private companies.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

User posted:

You're not wrong, but I was outright implying that, based on my experience with companies in similar situations, durrman could reasonably be thought to be defrauding his investors for his own short term gain. Sadly there is plenty enough gray area for slime like him to drip through a few hundred grand or maybe a mil richer. Turns out that lying to your investors that you know what you're doing isn't actually legally fraud, you have to actually start writing yourself checks or something. Even that is iffy. I've seen executives funnel hundreds of thousands to friends and family under the T&E budget and it was deemed legal enough to not be worth suing over.

So basically incompetence isn't fraud, it's just really funny.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

I wish I can do a chargeback. I was dumb and used this virtual currency called PayPal bucks

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Gazbucks are the currency of the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
My favorite gaz moment recently has got to be when the new ceo walked went into his first meeting, heard that they made all of their money from a small, dedicated PC playerbase, and immediately went "the only way forward is on consoles!". That was great.