Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

paragon1 posted:

Has the manga said where Genjirou gets all of his money for this poo poo anyway?

I doubt it's either his or Touko's families.

Maybe he telecommutes?

He's an author.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He wrote a book about raising a vampire, based off his own life, as a children's book or something, if I recall.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

paragon1 posted:

Has the manga said where Genjirou gets all of his money for this poo poo anyway?

Maybe he telecommutes?

I mean he did grow up in a european-style castle. It's probably extremely old money.

But his family didn't seem like they would be very supportive either....

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

paragon1 posted:

Maybe he telecommutes?

he runs a blood bank

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
:tinfoil: this is a ploy by the Japanese government to encourage births and marriages

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

paragon1 posted:

Maybe he telecommutes?

He authors little vampire stories. It was in the omake.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Man, the beginning of this chapter just took a dump on Love Hina. Made getting into that school look damned easy, they did.:smug:

As cute as this is, there's this creeping sense of sadness cause the end of the ride seems like it's just around the corner.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe I've been ignored.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

Man, the beginning of this chapter just took a dump on Love Hina. Made getting into that school look damned easy, they did.:smug:

As cute as this is, there's this creeping sense of sadness cause the end of the ride seems like it's just around the corner.

they studied diligently and then applied to a decent local college.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they studied diligently and then applied to a decent local college.

ssssh, I like crapping on Love Hina. Please let me have this.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
It's just so nice to see their families being so supportive :3: That said, I do wonder how much Asahi's parent's know about Youko- do they know she's a vampire, or did they see it as Asahi getting down with his girlfriend and planning to do the right thing?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if he'd reveal it to his school i don't see him hiding it from his parents.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CommissarMega posted:

It's just so nice to see their families being so supportive :3: That said, I do wonder how much Asahi's parent's know about Youko- do they know she's a vampire, or did they see it as Asahi getting down with his girlfriend and planning to do the right thing?

I mean, his sister knows so I doubt he could keep it a secret from his parents.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Hate-Senpai posted:

I mean, his sister knows so I doubt he could keep it a secret from his parents.

He can't keep a secret from anyone. That was the whole premise of the manga originally, remember?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Nipponophile posted:

He can't keep a secret from anyone. That was the whole premise of the manga originally, remember?

I hope the last panel of this manga is Asahi being bad at old maid with his daughter.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

SpacePig posted:

I hope the last panel of this manga is Asahi being bad at old maid with his daughter.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Hate-Senpai posted:

He wrote a book about raising a vampire, based off his own life, as a children's book or something, if I recall.

Huh, I must have missed that one. Makes sense.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Tarage posted:

https://bato.to/reader#a5e7df528f0e84f8

AND THEN THERE WERE THREE (In more ways than one).

Just to be sure, there's a "My monster secret is Youko-san is carrying our baby." version of this too?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Shinjobi posted:

TouOU-dai, not Tou-dai.

They're two different schools.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

AfroSquirrel posted:

Just to be sure, there's a "My monster secret is Youko-san is carrying our baby." version of this too?

Of course:

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Tarage posted:

Of course:

Actually, you could play "Sound of Silence" with any of those bottom three panels and it'd work perfectly.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Tarage posted:

Of course:

I love that you guys have kept this gag going so long. :3:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Do you know what my #1 biggest pet peeve when it comes to anime and manga is?

They love to end with unresolved cliffhangers. Loose ends everywhere that never get tied up. Unresolved romance plots, villains that are on the loose and as nasty as ever, heroes who have severe issues that never get addressed, and so on.

This manga is tying everything up perfectly, giving us resolution and closure on many levels and I'm SO glad for it.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i wonder if theres enough room for one more policeman gag before the end

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

khy posted:

Do you know what my #1 biggest pet peeve when it comes to anime and manga is?

They love to end with unresolved cliffhangers. Loose ends everywhere that never get tied up. Unresolved romance plots, villains that are on the loose and as nasty as ever, heroes who have severe issues that never get addressed, and so on.

This manga is tying everything up perfectly, giving us resolution and closure on many levels and I'm SO glad for it.

I think that's not so much an issue with anime and manga as it is an issue with serialized fiction in general. In a lot of cases, stories aren't fully hashed out during their conception, and elements are removed or added as time goes on. Sometimes an author has to wrap things up quickly due to a deadline on short notice and you end up not being able to tie everything neatly together at the end.

cuntman.net posted:

i wonder if theres enough room for one more policeman gag before the end

Yeah, I need to see what happens to Shima.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
He marries Shiho somehow and they have ninja kids.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Tarage posted:

TouOU-dai, not Tou-dai.

They're two different schools.

Well that's not confusing at all.

Tou-dai is Tokyo U, correct? Is Touou-dai Toho University? Google suggests it might be but I can't confirm that.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

There Bias Two posted:

Yeah, I need to see what happens to Shima.

Apparently he didn't get into the same college Youko, Asahi, Oka, or Sakura did, at least, going off a word bubble in the latest chapter. Not sure if he applied elsewhere or just failed, though; he just wasn't mentioned.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Because he's Shima, that's why.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
this manga is unbearably cute

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm in chapter 12 and I need to ask, when are they gonna realize they like each other. This is getting a little unbearable since literally everyone else in the thing knows.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Darke GBF posted:

this manga is unbearably cute

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm in chapter 12 and I need to ask, when are they gonna realize they like each other. This is getting a little unbearable since literally everyone else in the thing knows.

Don't read many romance mangas, huh? I get your pain though.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

That's, uhhhh, sort of the whole point of the manga. You'll just have to wait.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I hesitate to say exactly when because the build-up is absolutely glorious and you miss out on SO MUCH wonderful stupidity if you skip to it.

But if you ABSOLUTELY need to know, chapters 85-86 contain the actual confession, though they realized they like each other way before then.

But please don't skip, trust me when I say you'll miss out horribly.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Artificer posted:

Don't read many romance mangas, huh? I get your pain though.

SpacePig posted:

That's, uhhhh, sort of the whole point of the manga. You'll just have to wait.

I haven't read one of these style ones since I was a teenager no. The ones I have picked up usually are ones that are actually about a romance so it happens pretty quickly.

It just sucks because I like the cast so far but it does feel like it's just spinning it's wheels in places and I'm still sub20 chapters into it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
The manga changes ... kinda radically after about 20 chapters. The first 20 chapters are by no means bad, but they are just not characteristic of the rest of the manga.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
You legally aren’t allowed to stop reading till chapter ~53, (whenever the school gets destroyed by a meteor, you’ll know) and if you still got problems then might as well put it down because that chapter is one of the best till later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Them finally getting together is the best I've felt about characters finally going and doing the drat thing since Lovely Complex. It's pretty well worth the wait.And like Dorthman said, it changes pretty radically from what it is now.

• Locked thread