Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I don't need to play the whole game as Meat but I'd like to play as Meat again without restarting the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

This is, by a pretty wide margin, my favorite picture so far.

Alternate post

u laff at me cuz im diffrent
i laff at u cuz ur all the same

Barry Bluejeans fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Nov 3, 2017

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
You aren't playing the real Mario Odyssey until you're playing as a skeleton in a Waluigi hat.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
I just bought a Switch yesterday solely for this game and have no regrets so far. It's really fun.

One question though. If I'm playing with my SO as Cappy, am I doing myself a disservice and basically cheating through the game? I'm only on world 3 or so but it feels... Really easy with her able to go get me things. I'm not likely to play solo since it's more fun when she can join in instead of watching but I'm still curious if this is going to be easy mode all the way through.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Godinster posted:

One question though. If I'm playing with my SO as Cappy, am I doing myself a disservice and basically cheating through the game?

Yes and no. It can make things easier, but if you're having fun, that's what Mario's all about. Enjoy! :)

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hECquPt0xwA

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

my life is finally complete

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
so are those moons you can buy in cap stores part of the list or just replacements for people who cant get moons

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

Kurtofan posted:

so are those moons you can buy in cap stores part of the list or just replacements for people who cant get moons

The first one counts, but the infinite post game ones are just for padding your moon count to get to the last “kingdoms” or unlock costumes for those who don’t want to hunt them.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Kurtofan posted:

Who did you annoy?

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Suspicious Cook posted:

You aren't playing the real Mario Odyssey until you're playing as a skeleton in a Waluigi hat.

The correct outfit is the Naked Cowboy™ outfit, especially when wandering around New Donk City. :colbert:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pug Rodeo posted:

The first one counts, but the infinite post game ones are just for padding your moon count to get to the last “kingdoms” or unlock costumes for those who don’t want to hunt them.

thanks, i didn't want to buy moons unless i had to

irlZaphod posted:

Who did you annoy?

a lot of people

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

irlZaphod posted:

Who did you annoy?
The entire E/N online dating thread

(although I don't think anyone knows who actually bought it)

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

lmao if you don't set your wardrobe to random

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Kaubocks posted:

lmao if you don't set your wardrobe to random
The 2D sections only have a custom sprite if you're wearing matching hat/shirt combos, which is a bit disappointing.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Godinster posted:

I just bought a Switch yesterday solely for this game and have no regrets so far. It's really fun.

One question though. If I'm playing with my SO as Cappy, am I doing myself a disservice and basically cheating through the game? I'm only on world 3 or so but it feels... Really easy with her able to go get me things. I'm not likely to play solo since it's more fun when she can join in instead of watching but I'm still curious if this is going to be easy mode all the way through.

The challenging ones are going to be challenging either way I think. If you're really worried about it just pass the controllers back and forth on death like I've been doing with my lady.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Don't just be an rear end in a top hat

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It was my first time in that level! I literally didn't know what the switch would do!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't know how I ended up eating another mans rear end, high on ecstasy. But I found a power moon in there. You can have it!

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.
So does anyone know what the 2nd painting is in the Wedding Chapel?

I figured it would show up after you finish the Long Journeys End, but apparently not.

Also, gently caress the Pokio part of that. It was the only thing that consistently messed up my run.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Will the OST ever be available or will it only be on youtube?

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

ScentOfAnOtaku posted:

Also, gently caress the Pokio part of that. It was the only thing that consistently messed up my run.

I spent two hours repeating this part and this part alone.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How do you get this butterfly? I feel like I've tried everything, but it only flys away.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Best place to farm coins? Could like to do Darker in Skeleton as intended.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Electric Phantasm posted:

How do you get this butterfly? I feel like I've tried everything, but it only flys away.

Unless there's multiple butterflies, I threw my hat at it

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sneak up super slowly and throw cappy when you see the cappy icon appear above it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nephzinho posted:

Best place to farm coins? Could like to do Darker in Skeleton as intended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzM_xpifULA

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Post game spoiler: Do you need to do anything special to get the acorns to spawn in Mushroom Kingdom? I scoured the whole place but could only find two of the small ones to put in Toad's garden. Also, do you need to do the sheep herding thing multiple times? That was tedious as hell.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Frankston posted:

Sneak up super slowly and throw cappy when you see the cappy icon appear above it

Alternately, if you have an issue with getting close enough, you can throw your hat and hold it in place where the butterfly will come back, and spin the camera so you aren't looking at it. They respawn pretty close, as long as you aren't looking in their direction.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
https://twitter.com/Web_Kraken/status/926527986848874497

I can't get over how good Mario's movement in this game is.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Internet Kraken posted:

Yeah it really is fantastic. Nintendo has somehow managed to do the best thing possible here with video game character mobility, which is to make the player feel you're able to be extra mobile by doing these super secret, glitchy move combos you can do only because you're just that cool, even though the game has completely accounted for them.

Every single time I do a triple jump flip into a double hat bounce dive I feel like goddamn video game Neo sticking it to the man even though the game has good and well been designed for me to do exactly that, so much so that some areas are designed around it. And it's so fun that me knowing the game has been designed for me to do that doesn't even diminish the feeling.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Nov 3, 2017

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Good lord, I think I wore out my thumbs trying to get through the second phase of the You controlling Bowser area a ton of times. Why wasn't there a drat checkpoint after the first one?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
i've somehow lost the ability to jump on the cap after throwing and jump diving toward it to perform sick moves. i dont understand.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Vikar Jerome posted:

i've somehow lost the ability to jump on the cap after throwing and jump diving toward it to perform sick moves. i dont understand.
You can only jump on it once. Try holding Y to make sure the cap stays in place for you to jump on it.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

If version 1.1 lets me turn off shake controls and map it to a button instead this will be the greatest platformer of all time

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

Good lord, I think I wore out my thumbs trying to get through the second phase of the You controlling Bowser area a ton of times. Why wasn't there a drat checkpoint after the first one?

This was almost comically easy? I didn't even really think it was possible to fail, unless you just stood stationary on a falling floor piece for an extended period of time. You're talking about the escape right after the chapel fight, correct?

Cobalt Viper posted:

You can only jump on it once. Try holding Y to make sure the cap stays in place for you to jump on it.

Yea, make sure you hold Y. Also, you cannot do it out of a wall jump.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

If version 1.1 lets me turn off shake controls and map it to a button instead this will be the greatest platformer of all time

Saw the patchnotes for 1.2 and apparently it replaces all left joystick movement with mandatory shaking :(

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Vikar Jerome posted:

You might be trying to do it after a wall jump which is verboten. For some reason they don't want you cap jumping after a wall jump or after releasing a capture.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Doing the cap throw into dive feels great but I frequently end up ground pounding by accident

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm honestly terrible with the motion controls in this game and they are drat near impossible in handheld mode. That's the one thing I don't like about it and I wish they all had a button combo option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

tap my mountain posted:

You might be trying to do it after a wall jump which is verboten. For some reason they don't want you cap jumping after a wall jump or after releasing a capture.

Capture-release into a cap jump + chained wall kicks would probably allow you to break skyboxes and poo poo when you factor in huge goomba stacks, etc. They can only playtest so much

• Locked thread