Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

You could always just hit Masters in Unlimited instead of Rotation, from what I understand of the implementation.

She'll suck even more in unlimited probably, though there's always the possibility that two sets from now they'll go "okay ogler and blade mage and daria are rotating out, it's safe to do cost-reduction creatures again"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cheetah7071 posted:

Daria is safe for now. I have about 5 months to achieve my goal of hitting master playing only that deck. I've been doing mostly unranked recently but if I'm on a clock I better get cracking

Daria was reprinted in the current set so you're safe. (I bet they'll make that exception for her).

trucutru fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 1, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

trucutru posted:

Daria was reprinted in the current set so you're safe. (I'm sure they'll make that exception for her).

Even if Daria the card is safe, the deck is dead once bahamut rotates

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Anyways, the update I want the most is changing most dailies to something else than "win x games". For shame shadowverse, for shame.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I know it's not gonna happen, but I'd like to see the vintage to Unlimited's legacy, a format where every card is pre-nerf.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In any case, them not using blocks of expansions for rotations is pretty goddamn daring. They got themselves into balancing the game taking into consideration both the newest set and the one that is leaving every 3 months. That is going to be a pain in the rear end and they haven't really shown a knack for that.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Eh, people seem to have a lot of patience for the current system of 'gently caress up and fix it at the end of the month, give vial refunds' so they'll probably just keep barreling ahead like that

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Jimmy Hats posted:

New leader is lame he doesn't have tits or a hilarious accent. Dude is rowen tier.

It's fine, they'll probably have this as a tits alternative:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Adding a new craft seems weird. 7 was the perfect number and was one thing I thought they got totally right.

(and to be honest sword's felt like half a class for a few expansions now)

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
With standard and DE rotating out and a large number of staple or archetype defining cards going with them they'll have an opportunity to redefine the classes and go in different directions. A big gripe I've had with forestcraft, for instance, was that the entire class more or less got defined and balanced around roach (I'm guilty of automatically including 3 copies of him in every dang forestcraft deck I build). With it out of the picture they can print cards they otherwise couldn't have printed.

I am also holding a small hope that spellboost might become a mechanic that isn't completely all-in now that dshift is going, and might be more in line with the daria package where the sweet spot is at around 5 or so boosts (though maybe with a more inventive result than 'fill the board with dudes')

Dragoncraft losing Aiela is quite nice. It'd be more interesting to see temporary PP bonuses (for instance a last words that gives you 1 pp for the next turn only) than the permanent ramp thing which always ends up being a wallet dragon situation, where you're just plopping down expensive legendaries 1 after the other. Sadly, dragon oracle is in the basic set.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'd love a world where Heinlein is good

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

There sure is a lot of DShift around now. Highrolling with greedy Atomeme still won me 4/5 encounters with it today, though. One DShift dealt with 3 Atomy and some mammoths/liches but couldn't handle it when I opened the gates of the dead a fourth time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Dance of Death leaving is just weird. As is Elf Child May.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
drat, the deluge of tempo D-Shift at low masters continues, the speed at which they can bring those chimeras online is disgusting. But now I am also getting lots of counter-matches against aggro forest (who are doing the same d-shift hunt as me), which I usually win since my list tends to be more aggressive and I can set up better trades (the match revolves around brambles). Kinda weird that those aggro vs aggro matches are entirely won by attrition.

Good to see fellow Forest players embracing the roach before it goes to insect heaven in 2 months.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I am also holding a small hope that spellboost might become a mechanic that isn't completely all-in now that dshift is going, and might be more in line with the daria package where the sweet spot is at around 5 or so boosts (though maybe with a more inventive result than 'fill the board with dudes')

Spell-boost will be fine. It just won't be able to auto-win games against entire archetypes. Like, I am forcing those D-Shift assholes to reveal their cards before they would have wanted to and double chimera at turn 5 has happened to me more than once.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Nov 1, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
There are a lot of aggro staples leaving.

Just looking at 1-2 costs the ones that pop out as highly played are

skull beast
soul conversion
ambling wraith
cursebrand vamp
unica
roach
palace fencer
centaur vanguard
levi
blood wolf
vania
heavenly hound
beastcall aria

most of those are staples in various aggro decks.

Honestly the only card for me that is going to need a direct replacement is Odin

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
When roach finally dies the death it deserves, fairy holocaust shall inherit the forest

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Giant Chimera is a better designed all-in spellboost deck than D shift because you know what turn they're going off on

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

cheetah7071 posted:

Giant Chimera is a better designed all-in spellboost deck than D shift because you know what turn they're going off on

You can also play against it: chimera assigns damage equal to the other follower's defense and so can get tricked by followers that reduce or ignore damage (temple defender, etc). It also does damage to the other leader in a single chuck and so can be blocked with things like naoise.

You can also just slam down a bunch of high def followers to soak the damage before it gets played.

It's a much, much better card than dshift

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cheetah7071 posted:

But I know at which turn D-Shift is going of? :confused: It's turn 7 against midrange and aggro decks and 8 against control. The two current netdecks are very, very consistent and have more flexible combo pieces.

And yeah, Giant Chimera is cool and you can actually estimate its damage to drop some extra body to deny lethal.

Forest without roach, rune without D-shift, control/aggro blood without everything but, more importantly, my favorite deck Neph, without Mordecai. Brave new world.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Neph will be following him soon after, along with albert and, thank god, sahaquiel.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

trucutru posted:

But I know at which turn D-Shift is going of? :confused: It's turn 7 against midrange and aggro decks and 8 against control. The two current netdecks are very, very consistent and have more flexible combo pieces.

And yeah, Giant Chimera is cool and you can actually estimate its damage to drop some extra body to deny lethal.

Forest without roach, rune without D-shift, control blood without everything but, more importantly, my favorite deck Neph, without Mordecai. Brave new world.

That's the turn they go off if they have D shift in their opening hand or close to it. I see turn 9 D shifts fairly often and turn 8 against me when I've presented plenty of targets for removal. I play differently when I suspect they don't have it because I don't have to do hail mary plays to try to kill them fast.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jimmy Hats posted:

Neph will be following him soon after, along with albert and, thank god, sahaquiel.

don't worry we'll learn to hate the legends in the new sets just as much

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Treasure chests are coming back again

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Won 9 of my last 10 games with the current version of my hella rad havencraft deck

The one loss was to a drat aggro blood. Bastard had 3 yurias out on turn 4 and i didn't have the cards i needed to kill them

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Went on a five-streak with Daria last night and finally got back into AA3 by taking out the wizardess package and putting in flame destroyers. Nobody but D shift is running size-ignoring removal these days it feels like (which is part of why atomy is good). The deck's plan with the alternate package is to flood the board in the early midgame and then play a few larger threats in the later midgame, rather than trying to burn them out like the old version did.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
4 of those wins in the above post were versus atomy and were won simply because I'm running tribunal.

One of the games it ended up where he plopped the atomy turn 3, got tribunal'd, plopped it again turn 4, tribunal'd, did a cerdwen evolve on 5 into a themis, another ceredwen into another themis, and then I finally killed the last atomy on turn 9 with an aegis drop.

I'm sure my opponent was upset with me.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
BTW, I dunno if this is going to be useful in AA but the JP ranking sites are pushing d-shift and its counter, aggro-blood, really loving hard. So, at least in masters, you see the same decks all the time. You can even recognize from which site they netdecked their version, ahahaha.

That loving pp curve! Good work cygames!

Fortunately, unlike the PDK & Aggro sword issue last month, it is indeed possible to have a deck that has a chance against both of them. Both aggro and fast midrange are decent enough choices. Sucks to be you if you try control tho.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Nov 3, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
aggro blood is like 5x less miserable to play against than aggro sword

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Ironically the best thing that ever happened to Face Sword was getting nerfed. I went 9-0 in like 30 minutes with it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

cheetah7071 posted:

aggro blood is like 5x less miserable to play against than aggro sword

Ehh it's worse for me since they can do 3 dmg and crack ward followers much easier. A temple defender will stop aggro sword in its tracks whereas v blood it just eats snarling chains or razory claw

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Brainstorming some commonly used cards and their replacements for when the rotation hits. Some of these are used together currently for redundancy anyways.

Forest:
Nature's Guidance -> Airbound Barrage
Will of the Forest -> Cassiopeia
Roach/Silver Bolt -> King Elephant

Sword:
Vanguard -> Perseus
Maid Leader -> Lux, Solar Lancer
Novice Trooper -> Juliet
Alwida -> Council, Assembly (depending on deck)

Rune:
Levi -> Lightning Lancer (significantly worse, but still similar in concept for the evo turn two for one)
Red Hot Ritual/Price of Magic -> Gingerbread House
D Shift -> Giant Chimera

Dragon:
Honestly, drawing a blank here. A lot of the standard/DE cards aren't really used and the ones that are don't have replacements in current sets.
The closest are probably Ivory Dragon and Fire Lizard who have cantrip replacements in Dragon Summoner and Matilda.

Shadow:
Soul Conversion -> Demon Eater
Skullcradle Widow -> Andrealphus
Foul Tempest -> Mist of Extinction
Necroassassin -> Troth's Curse

Blood:
Can't think of too much here either. It might be that the bat token theme is going to change to serpent theme.
Revelation -> Lethal Blade maybe? At least during vengeance, it's somewhat similar to a board clear, but it's way less powerful.

Haven:
Sacred Plea -> Globe of the Starways
Healing Prayer -> Star Torrent
Garuda -> Star Priestess

It's worth noting that Haven is losing nearly all of their creatures from amulets since they were almost all in Standard/DE (and basic).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Hyper Inferno posted:

Necroassassin -> Troth's Curse

Necroassassin is RoB, it's not leaving yet.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
This is why I'm going to miss beastcall aria.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Playing versus as a relative newbie: the hills are full of whales with custom avatars and decks. :sigh:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
There are lots of good budget decks floating around out there! What sort of playstyle do you prefer?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jimmy Hats posted:

There are lots of good budget decks floating around out there! What sort of playstyle do you prefer?

Shadowcraft, Havencraft, Swordcraft! I like wards and pulling out the surprise BS that clears a field, I like almost all of the gimmicks...

I'm still in the "figure out how to build a deck, period" stage, and slowly finetuning a Shadowcraft deck into something that can win sometimes.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

here's a budget midrange shadow list i think is decent https://shadowverse-portal.com/deck...viG.63Jsg.63Jsg

saber alter is dark bladefiend

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Nov 10, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The treasure chest thing has started, and neutral forest is out in force. 4 of them in a row!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jimmy Hats posted:

The treasure chest thing has started, and neutral forest is out in force. 4 of them in a row!

That's a really lovely deck to do chests with, It wins on turn 7-8. I found 100% aggro decks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

trucutru posted:

I found 100% aggro decks.
neutral forest is pretty good against aggro

• Locked thread