Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

rkajdi posted:

Yes, they had their thin layer of plausible deniability set up.

Actually I had no idea PJ was trans until people started assuming that was why I was "attacking" them. But sure, whatever you say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

selec
Sep 6, 2003

The primary was rigged like a three-master, and if even total flacks like Brazile can see it, you dopes aren't winning any kind of party unity by denying it.

You may not be Dale Earnhardt, but you're gonna hit the loving wall because you can't go left.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

show me the context that makes this seems like an attack on PJ being trans and not you making a mistake and being unwilling to admit it.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

No Butt Stuff posted:

You realize they weren't calling her mentally ill for being trans, right?

Right, they were just bringing up her mental illness to use as an insult and bludgeon against her ideas, they weren't explicitly connecting it to her being trans. That part was just implied, so that they couldn't be called on it.

Verranicus posted:

Actually I had no idea PJ was trans until people started assuming that was why I was "attacking" them. But sure, whatever you say.

lol @ you feeling weird about using the correct pronouns and using 'them' instead.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

Crow Jane posted:

If anything, be a little extra aware of dorky white guys when you're out tomorrow

I'm in Harlem today. I don't own anything explicitly antifa, but I sure look like a travelling hippy activist - I forgot to pack a shirt (!?) on my way to the train. Maybe I'll get kilt at random!

I ain't afeared.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

I agree in principle but Donna Brazile's excerpt is dumb and written like textbook poo poo that didn't happen. The DNC is pretty atrocious but it's not really for the reasons Brazile claims (and, as has been noted numerous times, nothing she said is revelatory; so, either she was intentionally sensationalist, or she was wildly out of touch when she started the gig).

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Guys, I believe PJ asked that we not discuss this topic.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

ClancyEverafter posted:

The primary was rigged like a three-master, and if even total flacks like Brazile can see it, you dopes aren't winning any kind of party unity by denying it.

You may not be Dale Earnhardt, but you're gonna hit the loving wall because you can't go left.

:golfclap: I laughed.

Kale
May 14, 2010

:lol: at Poster Shamin' again :3: You can tell when Trumps having a very bad unproductive week when....

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rex-Goliath posted:

I haven't watched this video in particular so maybe he's changed his tune but in previous lectures his solution has always boiled down to 'the rich aren't paying their fare share and they need to ante up' and 'placing morality solely on debtors while absolving creditors is a huge pile of horseshit'

This was a small part of that video but let everything fall part was the conclusion when he took the Q&A.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Holy poo poo shut up about PJ you goons

Crow Jane posted:

If anything, be a little extra aware of dorky white guys when you're out tomorrow

Honestly hoping that nothing will happen because the nutjobs are self assured and assume that all antifa will cower from the threat of violence.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Please guys this all goes nowhere fast and I genuinely detest being the center of such absurd drama. There are both people who are disagreeing with me in good faith and people who have a real problem with me that has nothing to do with my ideas. Trying to sort one out from the other is only going to cause dumb dumb drama. I'm happy to debate or defend my ideas, I'd prefer that if my posts are going to engaged or referenced it is in that context. (I appreciate the people trying to stick up for me but it is only going to make things worse right now.)

selec
Sep 6, 2003

i am the bird posted:

I agree in principle but Donna Brazile's excerpt is dumb and written like textbook poo poo that didn't happen. The DNC is pretty atrocious but it's not really for the reasons Brazile claims (and, as has been noted numerous times, nothing she said is revelatory; so, either she was intentionally sensationalist, or she was wildly out of touch when she started the gig).

It's pretty easy to confirm, just show the agreements each camp signed.

I guaranfuckingtee you that what we'll see is control was handed over to Clinton in '15, and Sanders had no such equivalent sway written into the agreement over hiring, firing, messaging and strategy decisions. That's rigged by any metric.

It's a pretty simple put up or shut up conversation at this point. Either you think Brazile is lying about the content of Clinton's agreement, or you think she's mendaciously omitting that Sanders' agreement had all the same stipulations (which makes no logical loving sense, but then again, it's 2017) or you're just stupid or dishonest.

It's really only one of the 3.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Honestly hoping that nothing will happen because the nutjobs are self assured and assume that all antifa will cower from the threat of violence.

The victory posts from the usual suspects will be very annoying.

We might get a Trump tweet out of it.

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->

empty whippet box posted:

What??? You play Go??? I'm a 6k player on pandanet, we shall discuss this further. By the way, there is a Go thread in ask/tell.

Eripsa just introduced me to the tile game 'Hive', which is a sort of cross between Go and Chess. I really dig it!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

ClancyEverafter posted:

I guaranfuckingtee you that what we'll see is control was handed over to Clinton in '15, and Sanders had no such equivalent sway written into the agreement over hiring, firing, messaging and strategy decisions. That's rigged by any metric.

It's a pretty simple put up or shut up conversation at this point. Either you think Brazile is lying about the content of Clinton's agreement, or you think she's mendaciously omitting that Sanders' agreement had all the same stipulations (which makes no logical loving sense, but then again, it's 2017) or you're just stupid or dishonest.

It's really only one of the 3.

We, the DNC, agree to give over full and complete control of Everything Ever to Hillary Rodham Clinton so that she may defeat The One True Savior of Democracy: Bernie Sanders, and ensure that ineffectual centrism continues to do nothing in this country.

It is her time.

-DNC

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

i am the bird posted:

She was conflating the agreement signed when Hillary won the primary with the one she signed during the primary. The story is complete bullshit.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Brothers to the bone, right McMaster?

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Huy Fong also comes in open mouth jars with the seeds etc still in there.

That’s sambal not sriracha

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Taerkar posted:

The agreement—signed by Amy Dacey, the former CEO of the DNC, and Robby Mook with a copy to Marc Elias—specified that in exchange for raising money and investing in the DNC, Hillary would control the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised. Her campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The DNC also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings.

You're right, this is pretty bad when you just look at it honestly.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

ClancyEverafter posted:

Both of their agreements were the same, you colossal moron
https://twitter.com/scottdetrow/status/926492339987800064

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

The victory posts from the usual suspects will be very annoying.

We might get a Trump tweet out of it.

Oh I'm sure we'll get to hear about them in this thread when people post their twitter bullshit to do reaction type posting too. Honestly the only people's twitter bullshit I kind of care about are Trump (solely because it's what the thread is about and it's almost always utterly laughable), reputable news organizations/pundits with insight into a situation, and politicians who actually wield influence over governments. Crazy man daily partisan bullshit from the private sector is literally just "who cares?" trash at least to me. Clearly it interests other goons though. :shrug:

Nobody actually loving wins anything in these dumb as gently caress rallies, that's just my take.

Prester Jane posted:

Please guys this all goes nowhere fast and I genuinely detest being the center of such absurd drama. There are both people who are disagreeing with me in good faith and people who have a real problem with me that has nothing to do with my ideas. Trying to sort one out from the other is only going to cause dumb dumb drama. I'm happy to debate or defend my ideas, I'd prefer that if my posts are going to engaged or referenced it is in that context. (I appreciate the people trying to stick up for me but it is only going to make things worse right now.)

You seem cool, I think people should listen to what you have to say here.

Kale fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 3, 2017

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ClancyEverafter posted:

it isn't, unless you're looking for reasons to be angry

which, you know, is pretty popular, but you don't need to turn this thread into your pillow beating session

selec
Sep 6, 2003

aware of dog posted:

Both of their agreements were the same, you colossal moron
https://twitter.com/scottdetrow/status/926492339987800064

Great, then just show us the copies of the agreements that were signed, and the dates they were signed. It's not that tough, right?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ClancyEverafter posted:

Great, then just show us the copies of the agreements that were signed, and the dates they were signed. It's not that tough, right?

agreed, we need to see the long form copies

selec
Sep 6, 2003

boner confessor posted:

agreed, we need to see the long form copies

Unironically agree. We're not all party bootlicks, some of us have the smarts to distrust large organizations with millions of dollars to play with and who seem to be short on accountability but long on explanations.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ClancyEverafter posted:

Unironically agree. We're not all party bootlicks, some of us have the smarts to distrust large organizations with millions of dollars to play with and who seem to be short on accountability but long on explanations.

i too am smart enough to question where obama was really born

i will not be swayed by the cheap mewling excuses of the mainstream media, i am far too intelligent to be convinced by such blatantly threadbare pandering, ipso facto quid pro quo

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ClancyEverafter posted:

That flew right over your head so high it's in orbit.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

boner confessor posted:

i too am smart enough

Let's not go saying things we can't take back.

For real though, if you're right, wouldn't this be the ultimate smackdown of dumbshits like me? Why are you scared of getting to perform the chokeslam you dream of?

Unless you're scared that this isn't as open and shut as you'd like it to be, I don't see the downside if everything's on the up and up. Finally us stupid Bernard Brothers would get the evidence-based comeuppance we've deserved for so long!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ClancyEverafter posted:

Let's not go saying things we can't take back.

For real though, if you're right, wouldn't this be the ultimate smackdown of dumbshits like me? Why are you scared of getting to perform the chokeslam you dream of?

yeah why wouldn't i want to watch you get owned :allears:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

ClancyEverafter posted:

That not honest. That's the agreement that was signed AFTER the primary was over. The one signed during the primary didn't have any of that stuff.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

ClancyEverafter posted:

You just got interested in politics about 2 years ago, didn't you?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

boner confessor posted:

i too am smart enough to question where obama was really born

i will not be swayed by the cheap mewling excuses of the mainstream media, i am far too intelligent to be convinced by such blatantly threadbare pandering, ipso facto quid pro quo

Brazile was DNC chairperson. The comparison to the Obama Kenyan conspiracy theory only works if it had been started by his mother.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

7c Nickel posted:

That not honest. That's the agreement that was signed AFTER the primary was over. The one signed during the primary didn't have any of that stuff.

Great, then show us.

"There's two agreements, but trust us, the one that looks really suspicious that we're not going to show you a dated copy of? Not the one you think it is."

Christ, just show the documents and put it to bed. Tom Perez could handle this with a few screenshots pulled off Sharepoint. poo poo, he could probably make Keith Ellison do it for him.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Caros posted:

How about you play a game that isn't hot trash. Have you considered that?

Like the one I mentioned? Yeah, we're considering playing it.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Taerkar posted:

You just got interested in politics about 2 years ago, didn't you?

Nope, I've been voting Democrat since 1995. I took years to get this dumb.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

joepinetree posted:

Brazile was DNC chairperson.

so the DNC insiders are awful when they say something we don't like, but great when they do say something we like. got it

ClancyEverafter posted:

Great, then show us.

"There's two agreements, but trust us, the one that looks really suspicious that we're not going to show you a dated copy of? Not the one you think it is."

Christ, just show the documents and put it to bed. Tom Perez could handle this with a few screenshots pulled off Sharepoint. poo poo, he could probably make Keith Ellison do it for him.

hold on, i'm logging in to the DNC server now to get the long form documents and i will show you them, in a moment

selec
Sep 6, 2003

boner confessor posted:

so the DNC insiders are awful when they say something we don't like, but great when they do say something we like. got it

You are scared shitless that this won't fade and they'll have to produce the actual documents.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
oh my god

the goddamn joint fundraising agreement that the clinton campaign signed has been in the open since the podesta leaks you uninformed morons. it's here:

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/fileid/28674/7815

it says nothing about clinton getting to control everything. it doesn't do so because that's a standard contract and donna brazille mixed two different things up because guess what, now everyone talks about her upcoming book.

all of this is old news, and the fact that none of you can even do a goddamn google search before you start spouting off about what a shitbitch Killary KKKlinton is is loving annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm sorry, but did Trump just fuckin' say that climate change is a man-made catastrophe!? :psyboom::psyboom:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.fec99421e3cd

• Locked thread