Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Typo posted:

the segment of the electorate energized by white people idpol lives in more strategically placed locations than hillary voters

I can buy that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Yinlock posted:

tbf what works for the right doesn't necessarily work for the left

i.e right-wing voters respond well to fearmongering and bullshit because they are insanely gullible

this is true

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Real men wear tiny rear end shorts

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Ellison/Monae 2020 or i fuckin walk

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yinlock posted:

tbf what works for the right doesn't necessarily work for the left

i.e right-wing voters respond well to fearmongering and bullshit because they are insanely gullible

truth, and i really wonder why some people cant learn that.

"WHY CANT YOU OVER LOOK MY LACK OF A PLATFORM! IF WE WERE REPUBLICANS I"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

paranoid randroid posted:

Ellison/Monae 2020 or i fuckin walk

:hai:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the only thing im truly stridently suckzone about is the belief that putting Janelle Monae on a side stage and making Katy Perry the DNC headliner was what really lost the election

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Ellison/Ja Rule

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Frijolero posted:

Real men wear tiny rear end shorts

tight booty shorts

btw where is he did he eat another monther

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
tulsi gabbard is pretty cool, and not only because she supports the heroic leader of syrian revolution

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Ja Rule can be Secretary of Music Festivals

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

isn't this the crazy guy that was going to primary bernie

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Raskolnikov38 posted:

isn't this the crazy guy that was going to primary bernie

is it? lol if so

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
tulsi is my mom

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

steinrokkan posted:

tulsi gabbard is pretty cool, and not only because she supports the heroic leader of syrian revolution

Uuhhh, did you know Bashar is an Assadist? Problematic to say the least

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

sometimes its not about winning

but doing what you think is right for people

sure winning helps and all but when you're dealing with rigged systems, where's the principle in that so its moot to bring that point up

I've got some bad news,

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
is tulsi actually a leftist, like, does she, believe in class struggle

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

deadgoon posted:

is tulsi actually a leftist, like, does she, believe in class struggle

She hates banks so she can't be all bad

She's no Bernie tho

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

democrats have no control over one of those three

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Only because they control no state governments, lmao

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

they do in ny and ca

but mostly

Vox Nihili posted:

Only because they control no state governments, lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

But seriously, in all four or five or so remaining blue states Dems are 100% responsible for all the terrible voting laws

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Vox Nihili posted:

I've got some bad news,

idk, long term it seems like it galvanized some glaring issues

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

steinrokkan posted:

it is time for us to make the curse of Assad work for us not against us, for once

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dems aren't even willing to fight for votes. If Republicans want to suppress voters, those spineless Dems should be pushing instant registration and mandatory voting.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vox Nihili posted:

But seriously, in all four or five or so remaining blue states Dems are 100% responsible for all the terrible voting laws

Dems don’t control NY because Republicans ran on the Democratic ballot line laffo

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
If Democrats were serious, they would basically do whatever Lenin did. That seemed to work out pretty well

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Corbyn is currently pushing for 16 year old voting, he's a real loving badass.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Vox Nihili posted:

She hates banks so she can't be all bad

She's no Bernie tho

how can u believe anything she says

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

deadgoon posted:

how can u believe anything she says

how can you believe anything anyone says

:words:

our own reality constructs has to coincide with other people's reality constructs to come together on an issue

again, america is too big with localized issues that take precedent over other priorities and people are too busy hustling to come together against a perceived common enemy, and its even harder to suggest an enemy that is abstracted like big bank

you think we're a nation state, but we're still tribal within our communities

Lastgirl has issued a correction as of 22:41 on Nov 3, 2017

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
we also know how amazing dems are at the local level right? right?~

:effort:

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

welp it just leaked lol

https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/status/926565766522171392

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yesssss :unsmigghh:

Mixodorian
Jan 26, 2009
The responses to that tweet are something alright. Tf?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

This owns

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

who cares, make them do it anyway

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Frijolero posted:

Can we stop doing this please?

Y'all are doing the same thing idiot Libs do whenever something slightly radical might happen "but what will the Republicans think :ohdear:"

Republicans are going to throw a hissy fit no matter who is candidate. Have a little loving faith in your fellow man. If ya'll don't trust the working class or the voters then you might as well give up now.

Well that or you might as well work for Revolutionary Vangaurdism then. :ussr:

But yeah, this really needs to stop. The idea that we should be concerned about what the GOP will say is ridiculous. They're sociopaths who wills straight up make up poo poo to win, so don't worry about them being horrible about facts. Just be ready to both inspire your own cohorts, and play as dirty as possible to destroy the GOP.
Do as Huey Long would have.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

quote:

In exchange for Hillary for America's (HFA) helping the cash-strapped DNC raise money, the committee agreed "that HFA personnel will be consulted and have joint authority over strategic decisions over the staffing, budget, expenditures, and general election related communications, data, technology, analytics, and research."

But dems sell out for cash, what a shocking plot twist?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

so apparently this was in it:

quote:

"Nothing in this agreement shall be construed to violate the DNC's obligation of impartiality and neutrality through the Nominating process. All activities performed under this agreement will be focused exclusively on preparations for the General Election and not the Democratic Primary," the memo states.

which nbc is casting as "the agreement didn't take effect till the general", but nothing i read in that actually says "doesn't take effect until the general", just that the activities for this agreement are for general elections preparations and should not be taken as violating the impartiality of the DNC (even though it does).

Condiv has issued a correction as of 23:07 on Nov 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Typo posted:

the basic conclusion I've reached is that at this point ideology don't really matter anymore for the American electorate and as long as you run a charismatic figure with anti-establishment credentials and "authenticity" you can attach whatever ideology/policy agenda you want to him/her and win

this is a retarded conclusion for morons. the right conclusion is: most people dont fuckin vote and hillary lost because the rust belt working class got tired of being lied to and stayed at home, run a good candidate with an actually good platform and you'll win.

• Locked thread