Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

hot balls man no homo posted:

Seeing lots of Blizzcon buzz going through my twitter feed. Like, actually alongside real news. What was the big Citcon release again? It's been a week and I can't recall anything through the haze of blandness. What was the big thing that was supposed to wow us?
Chris Roberts' next directorial blockbuster, space ship like thing flies around other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
I'm the tens of thousands of people PLAYING 2.6.x right now.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Combat Theory posted:

you posted goodness. Also this was what everyone secretly hoped for when they did Rebels

Speaking of animated goodness you wanted to be reminded to watch Aeon Flux after citizencon

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

thatguy posted:

I'm the tens of people PLAYING 2.6.x right now.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/VFjSR7n.gifv

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
benny p owning the gently caress outta his own company again

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

TheAgent posted:

benny p owning the gently caress outta his own company again

If more devs had Benny P's balls, SC might have a chance of actually being made.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Ben Parry is a double-agent sent by Frontier to sabotage Star Citizen

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Thousands bought it. Tens are playing it.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ben Parry is a double-agent sent by Frontier to sabotage Star Citizen

The ultimate SC sabotage would be finishing the game and releasing it to the dreamers.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Dusty Lens posted:

Thousands bought it. Tens are playing it.

BTW if you paid earlier for a good post that was it. MVP.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
If anyone wants this thing to be a game and released with a complete set of basic features, it's definitely any developers who are working on it.

I doubt Crobblz is of any help whatsoever for that goal.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dusty Lens posted:

BTW if you paid earlier for a good post that was it. MVP.

:bravo::golfclap::five: x160 million dollars

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Have to remember Robert's creed...the money injected is worth x4 as much versus if they had a publisher.

So according to his Hollywood accounting (which usually excludes marketing costs) this baby is sitting at around 640 million of virtual funding. Thus, 640 million should be enough for everyone.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Colostomy Bag posted:

Have to remember Robert's creed...the money injected is worth x4 as much versus if they had a publisher.

So according to his Hollywood accounting (which usually excludes marketing costs) this baby is sitting at around 640 million of virtual funding. Thus, 640 million should be enough for everyone.

Imagine how many starving children Chris Robert could have fed.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
I don't know if this has been linked already, but.... what the actual gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tznbxuUbEwI

Thousands of dollars worth of man hours went into making this stupid rear end video on how to pronounce this made up language in a jpeg simulator

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TheAgent posted:

I'm never going back to wow, been clean for almost a year

^ repeats as a mantra, slowing clutching his chest
Must... resist... nostalgia... WoW...

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Thoatse posted:

Speaking of animated goodness you wanted to be reminded to watch Aeon Flux after citizencon

Thank you. we shall commence intence rubbing afterwards.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

So, Warframe just had their 100th devstream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA_o8sSrWCE

If you ask me, Warframe is far better example of open development. You don't need to inundate people with literal TMI to be 'open'. You simply need to say what you're working on, why you're working on it and how long it'll take-- we don't need to know that you finally fixed doors for the 30th time by realizing that .5+.5≠.999

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

Roflan posted:

So, Warframe just had their 100th devstream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA_o8sSrWCE

If you ask me, Warframe is far better example of open development. You don't need to inundate people with literal TMI to be 'open'. You simply need to say what you're working on, why you're working on it and how long it'll take-- we don't need to know that you finally fixed doors for the 30th time by realizing that .5+.5≠.999

DE_Rebecca > Sandi

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Golli posted:

BoredGamer at least recognizes that LTI is supposed be "Life Time Insurance".

Maybe he can explain to everyone exactly how it works, and why the SSD Users should be Angry about this sleight-Of-hand.

140 characters at a time.

He should. Sort of dictate exactly why he’s upset. He needs to explain the specific mechanic that he feels he’s being conned out of.

Oh that’s right, he can’t, because five plus years into the project nobody actually knows what the hell the game is going to be or do.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

stinch posted:

like he won't be just an equally obsessive micromanager over the procgen output

CR: Everything''s fine with this planet, apart from that pixel. It's too green.

Dev: But it''s proc gen. The whole thing's based on a seed!

CR: Well just keep trying different seeds until everything's identical apart from that pixel. It needs to be more blue.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

BeigeJacket posted:

When does SC become the most expensive video game ever? Not counting the marketing blitz that causes the COD/GTA games to have ridiculous budgets, just the cost of making the damned thing in the first place?

To be fair, most of SC's $161m budget appears to have been spent on marketing.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

'Quite a few' is not quantitative, and I'd like to demonstrate that taking the population of the world and dividing it by the number of players "enjoying" Star Citizen gives you a minute fraction of one percent of a single person.

Therefore nobody is playing this game.

Next, I'll prove that nobody has a weight problem in the local galactic cluster, so treat yourself to a cream cake.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Omniblivion posted:

I don't know if this has been linked already, but.... what the actual gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tznbxuUbEwI

Thousands of dollars worth of man hours went into making this stupid rear end video on how to pronounce this made up language in a jpeg simulator

It's ok I'm sure Mr. Watkins has a very reasonable hourly rate for creating a full language from scratch.

http://dragonflypacific.com/

Turns out he also has a company that does focus groups and marketing/marketable studies as well

Curiouser and curiouser

Maybe Sandi isn't the worlds greatest marketing guru ?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Blue On Blue posted:

Maybe Sandi isn't the worlds greatest marketing guru ?

Hey, hey, hey, you can't go using Xi'an words in normal use like that. Especially not _that_ word. That's _their_ word.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Yeah, Ben is so fired. :laffo:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/925860223935483905
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/926031325936717825
https://twitter.com/dawnofevil/status/926034710031142913

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Beexoffel posted:

So who won the Space Kitten competition for a CitizenCon ticket?

It's still ongoing. With 1,752 referral points, JFeezy only needs another 1,190 points. So another 2 years or so and he'll win his FREE ticket to citcon 2017!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/referral-contest

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

drat the new COD looks good, the up close facial mocap stuff is very nice

I'm thinking Chris is going to demand a total re-work of all the mocap once again

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
I-Novae Studios General Forum: Procedurally Generated City Planets

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Why does this tshirt flare out from the armpits down like some kind of maternity wear

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

Why does this tshirt flare out from the armpits down like some kind of maternity wear

Most of the backers are eating for two…

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

BeigeJacket posted:

I still don’t know what LTI is and I don’t care to know.

You realize the only difference between you and all of the backers is that you don’t care to know.

Nobody knows anything about the game at all.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
new production schedule up soon. Lots of poo poo being worked hardon.

supposed to have dates

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I love you.

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, Ben is so fired. :laffo:
This being CIG, they'll fire the wrong Ben. Lesnick better watch out.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

This is the best own against Star Citizen anyone will ever make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

I'm starting to think Adz Adama is a sleeper goon