Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
That was stone cold by Lillard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

yoooo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Pretty close by Kuz, can't complain.

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
who's house? dames house!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

They got a drat good look for .7 left.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Closer than I expected after that first quarter

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Kuzma is gonna hit that one next year

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
Despite the miss, Kuzma is definitely the guy I want taking the 3 point shot.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Lonzo: 28 MP | 2 FGA | 0 PTS | 3 REB | 4 AST

:wow:

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Hot take: Lakers should've kept D'Angelo Russell

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Rabid Snake posted:

Hot take: Lakers should've kept D'Angelo Russell

This isn't a hot take.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

isme posted:

Despite the miss, Kuzma is definitely the guy I want taking the 3 point shot.

It was definitely a good miss. You're never going to hit all of those, and most players wouldn't even get that close.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
Go blazers!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Lonzo loving sucks but good effort from the rest of the team. These games have been so much more fun to watch than the last few years. :)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I dunno the Lakers were 10-10 last year and those first 20 games featured a lot of Nick Young Fun Ball.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
If the Laker's FO didn't do the blunder of signing Mozgov and Deng, Lakers would have definitely kept D'Angelo Russel and maybe resign Nick Young to a reasonable contract. Then this Lakers team would have been even more exciting and not dead last in 3P. D'Angelo and Ball backcourt would be above average tier, even if Ball can't shoot himself out of a wet paper bag..

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Rick posted:

I dunno the Lakers were 10-10 last year and those first 20 games featured a lot of Nick Young Fun Ball.

I worked night shift last year so I didn't see many games. :(

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

isme posted:

If the Laker's FO didn't do the blunder of signing Mozgov and Deng, Lakers would have definitely kept D'Angelo Russel

This is bullshit and Earvin Johnson's own words contradict this, even though this is what Johnson/Jeanie Buss apologists try to say all the time. The Lakers would've at the minimum--with no other moves, and assuming they picked up all the options--been 18 million under the cap next season. There were a lot of fairly easy ways to create a max contract, even if they didn't want to stretch anyone, and the max contract plus more is just there with a single stretch. And even if the Lakers really wanted to chase this extremely stupid pipe dream of multiple max superstars, they could've used the stretch on one of those contracts and traded Jordan Clarkson--who a competent front office could probably easily successfully trade--and had just under 40 million in contract space (assuming they let Randle go, which they're going to have to do still to get two max contracts with their current salary structure). And if no max players wanted to join the team, they could've just done none of this, because the free agent class after the top flight players is pretty bad.

Johnson admitted he made the move because he "needed a leader" and that it had nothing to do with finances.

And the Lakers STILL would've been able to be one of the top bidders for KCP this last offseason so they didn't even need to do it for that reason.

Like I don't get how people can see how RC Bufford, Daryl Morey or this guy named "Mitch Kupchak" have been able to get salary to open up out of nowhere when players have wanted to come in and then argue that you have to trade arguably your best player who's on a rookie deal to clear a guy who had a decent per-36 minute season from the books.

Rick fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Nov 3, 2017

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
(Pistons)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Wrong thread but I still means it

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Wow if the Sixers win tonight they will be over .500

and if the Cavs lose, the Sixers will be a full 2 games ahead of them in the race for that #1 seed.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

isme posted:

If the Laker's FO didn't do the blunder of signing Mozgov and Deng, Lakers would have definitely kept D'Angelo Russel and maybe resign Nick Young to a reasonable contract. Then this Lakers team would have been even more exciting and not dead last in 3P. D'Angelo and Ball backcourt would be above average tier, even if Ball can't shoot himself out of a wet paper bag..

This post made me remember Luol Deng is still on the Lakers and he's played one game this whole season. $17 million to not play

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Go Wizards

(John Wall will choke.)

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
lets get this over with

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Hoping for Wall dunks and Wade flops.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Pacers Sixers will be first to 150 wins

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Deport gortat

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
uhoh earl

earl ok

Brolander fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 4, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Covington like my 3pt percentage is too high, I gotta take some 30 footers.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
bron going 2 work

that rose take :eyepicture:

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
can we have demarcus cousins please. thanks

love,
brolander

rose starting to hook up to lebron, i could do with more of that

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Brolander posted:

can we have demarcus cousins please. thanks

love,
brolander

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
rose is so good. threw that away but i like the look

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Myles Turner, back from the dead!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well if Embiid is hurt what's the drat point

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Unleash Žižec

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Well if Embiid is hurt what's the drat point

I'm p.sure he was just stretching out his calf.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That was embiids time to be out anyway

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
that dude that did the top 5 plays last night is so crap, they should just pay that one good guy to do all of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

PotatoJudge posted:

Myles Turner, back from the dead!

AND THE DUNK

AGAIN

• Locked thread