Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

Awesome! posted:

but will it update faster than poe.trade?

I'd say it wouldn't be any slower than poe.trade's update rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

TheRat posted:

It's a beta

The term beta has had it's meaning diluted into glorified demo/maybe a stress test. I do agree though bugs in a beta shouldn't be surprising.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

TheRat posted:

Some people still try to convince themselves that if they just whine enough PoE will become D3

this is the laziest take that people have on this issue, consistently

d3 is worse than poe for a whole litany of reasons, none of which are the mere existence of an in-game transaction clearinghouse so that trading doesn't interfere with playing the game as much. using the AH as a symbol of everything wrong with d3 is silly

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I think they'll need to improve the API's responsiveness. But when it's a feature more than 10% of players use that GGG is actively supporting and promoting that might finally happen.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Jazerus posted:

this is the laziest take that people have on this issue, consistently

d3 is worse than poe for a whole litany of reasons, none of which are the mere existence of an in-game transaction clearinghouse so that trading doesn't interfere with playing the game as much. using the AH as a symbol of everything wrong with d3 is silly

This is of course going to derail the thread into trade chat, but this has nothing to do with why GGG doesn’t want an auction house. ARPGs are about finding gear upgrades as the fundamental gameplay loop. the easier you make this, the faster people perfect their build and stop playing. It’s why diablo eventually went to no trading and games like WOW make the best gear untradeable. GGG wants trading to be a pain in the rear end so that people actually play their game, instead of playing path of auction house and then quitting.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

holy gently caress

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I am very excite

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

It is a good time to be alive, girls

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I'm excited that I don't have to depend on a completely unrelated third party to pay for and maintain a service necessary for me to fully enjoy the game. I don't need an auction house, I just need a reliable enough way to get items. If I can blacklist price fixers, accurately tell if someone is AFK/DND, and not have to worry about the service going down for hours because some dude forgot to pay for his web hosting that's good enough for me.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Guess you shouldn't be using official for live searches though if you're deal hunting. Also shows that private indexers aren't that much faster than poe.trade when its not hosed up, which is good to know actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OcXrRzBKAQ

lurksion fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 3, 2017

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
RIP Oritath MTX packs. Goodbye Beast Armour, you were too good for this world. I regret not getting enough into this game in Breach and Legacy, my $60 would have gone so much further than the lazy FOO packs.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025943

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Lechtansi posted:

RIP Oritath MTX packs. Goodbye Beast Armour, you were too good for this world. I regret not getting enough into this game in Breach and Legacy, my $60 would have gone so much further than the lazy FOO packs.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2025943

I like how you can buy Supporter Packs on layaway

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Oh and personal blacklist is like the worst way they could have done it. The whole issue is all the fake listings I'm still going to see those until I get at least a good portion of the manipulators (oops did they just make another free account eh it's okay!) Their solution is more work for me and probably only sometimes worth the effort.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Nov 3, 2017

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

The new trade site is great news. Less time I have to spend whispering 15 afk people to get the item I want, the better.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Duck and Cover is good advice in a earth shake and also a terrible poster as bad as anyone even me. Jesus.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Beast's weapon effect is like a constant purple vomit.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I logged into a standard character from pre 2.6 earlier to check something out, and when I opened his passive tree I immediately got 7 achievements

ezgame :c00lbert:

For more potential actual content, anyone have any clever ideas for turmoil/mayhem builds? I really want to play the damned game some more and if I'm gonna suffer through neuropathic pain to do it I'll do it during one of these insane romps.

GC mines seems fun and pretty gear-independent. I also love trappers. RF is cool and the lower amount of clicking appeals to me, but I'm not sure what kind of RF build I'd even follow.

modernlifeisadam
Dec 29, 2006

zxqv8 posted:

I logged into a standard character from pre 2.6 earlier to check something out, and when I opened his passive tree I immediately got 7 achievements

ezgame :c00lbert:

For more potential actual content, anyone have any clever ideas for turmoil/mayhem builds? I really want to play the damned game some more and if I'm gonna suffer through neuropathic pain to do it I'll do it during one of these insane romps.

GC mines seems fun and pretty gear-independent. I also love trappers. RF is cool and the lower amount of clicking appeals to me, but I'm not sure what kind of RF build I'd even follow.

do gc mines. detonate mines + spell totem /cwdt. i think i had 11 mines(so 11 x however many hitboxes GC has at 50% aoe or w.e i had with max tree AOE and CJ) at 79~, x2 det if using tremor. crazy clearspeed. if you put the totem a screen ahead and let mines snipe from where you are, while advancing to the totem, repeat. cwdt detonate mines is cool too although I don't run it, build works great w budget gear imo even at league start (hatred essences :D). EE is amazing as well for bossing(orb of storms, dont get lite on spell gear), blasphemy EW works great although enfeeble is fine too, doesn't really need the dmg of hatred/EW until late tiers.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Turmoil is going to have Cadiro on a regular enough basis so anything but T1 uniques should be reasonably cheap and common enough. Same thing with breaches, you can probably plan a build that uses a Xoph amulet and get one in time to use it before the race ends. I do wish that Turmoil had Essences in their rotation though.

I'm thinking I might do something really silly like a cold spell Raider or Scion that uses double Tulfalls and Surgebinders. Just stack the poo poo out of cold damage and frenzy charges, ignore the power charge gimmick. With 9 charges and double Tulfalls that's 270% increased cold damage just from wands alone, with Surgebinders it's another 63%. Could do GC, Frostbolt, or Freezing Pulse. Yeah, you're not killing Uber Atziri with it but it's a 10 day race and shatters are fun!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

"GGG made their own trading site!" -awesome
"They didn't privatize the api!" -lmfao what is even the point

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
I got extremely lucky in the last ten day race when Cadiro popped up in a map and had a Shav's to sell me. I spent the next hour farming coins in a regular zone and going back to my hideout to keep the portals open, but did manage to scrape together enough to buy the thing.

Then I 5linked it in less than 20fusing. Then I died at level 82 on my LL ED Occultist :negative:

I think I'd like to enjoy the best leagues making every zone complete chaos at least once more.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is the guild full? If not can I get back in? ign sisyphean

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

pork never goes bad posted:

Duck and Cover is good advice in a earth shake and also a terrible poster as bad as anyone even me. Jesus.

Bert the turtle was very alert.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
vaguely surprised that they didn't limit it to a new league just to assess the economy impact

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

ButtWolf posted:

Is the guild full? If not can I get back in? ign sisyphean

sent

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

modernlifeisadam posted:

do gc mines. detonate mines + spell totem /cwdt. i think i had 11 mines(so 11 x however many hitboxes GC has at 50% aoe or w.e i had with max tree AOE and CJ) at 79~, x2 det if using tremor. crazy clearspeed. if you put the totem a screen ahead and let mines snipe from where you are, while advancing to the totem, repeat. cwdt detonate mines is cool too although I don't run it, build works great w budget gear imo even at league start (hatred essences :D). EE is amazing as well for bossing(orb of storms, dont get lite on spell gear), blasphemy EW works great although enfeeble is fine too, doesn't really need the dmg of hatred/EW until late tiers.

EE would be bad with Glacial Cascade mines. GC hits multiple times per cast and with multiple mines you're getting even more hits, so the effect of EE is overall negative. Remember, EE triggers with traps and mines and whenever a new hit occurs it overwrites the last EE effect, it doesn't stack. It's great with slow-hitting spells like Flameblast or things that don't hit like Scorching Ray and RF. It also works with SRS since minions don't trigger EE.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

ronya posted:

vaguely surprised that they didn't limit it to a new league just to assess the economy impact

There won't be much impact at all, since it doesn't offer anything poe.trade can't already offer.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Magus42 posted:

There won't be much impact at all, since it doesn't offer anything poe.trade can't already offer.

If they add as a banner on the launcher it very well could. I was under the impression less than half the player base was aware of third party trade sites. People find the game on steam download it go into trade chat and think that's how everyone does it. I doubt it will have too much though, as any really good items likely still make their way into the economy via trade chat unless the person is playing in a normal league and just ignoring trading and treating it like SSF.

Also the game needs to explain in game what SSF is because right now it's a confusing mess if you don't know what it stands for a tooltip would be all that's need maybe a blue ? to let you know it exists.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 4, 2017

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Is there any way to just nuke everything I've got currently sitting in Standard? I'm really not interested in going through a thousand temp stash tabs and I only care about a couple characters currently in Harbinger League.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

just ignore the crap in your standard stash if you never play it?

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Overwined posted:

Is there any way to just nuke everything I've got currently sitting in Standard? I'm really not interested in going through a thousand temp stash tabs and I only care about a couple characters currently in Harbinger League.

No, but if you have anything particularly valuable I'll take it because I do play standard! Feel free to PM ChristopherWilson if you decide the best way to get rid of poo poo is to give it to me!

The March Hare fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 4, 2017

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Overwined posted:

WINE

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

gently caress I wish I could post anywhere on this dying loving forum before I was drunk

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

PORK

Two great flavor sensations.

I don't know why I care. Every League that gets dumped down to Standard I tell myself I'll keep playing those characters, but I never do.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Overwined posted:

PORK

Two great flavor sensations.

I don't know why I care. Every League that gets dumped down to Standard I tell myself I'll keep playing those characters, but I never do.

I don't delete characters for two reasons:

1. "Hey, does this idea suck in practice?" in between leagues
2. I love the character names I come up with. JillNyeTheScionGal 4eva

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

whypick1 posted:

2. I love the character names I come up with. JillNyeTheScionGal 4eva

i have to delete my old characters because this is how good at names i am

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Pro-tip: when you're making the character just add a short code onto the end of the name on the month/league and now you can have Craig Ks forever.

Ghostlight fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Nov 4, 2017

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
be like me and assign yourself a naming theme and make everything a variation of that. if you do it properly every single one is a filthy joke

my favorites:
Meat_spinnaz (cyclone)
Meat_Chainsaw (blade vortex)
Meat_Wand (wander)
Meat_Splash (earthquake)
Meat_Dimension (obliteration wander)
Meat_Daddy (facebreaker warchief)
MEAT_FUCKER (FLICKER STRIKE)
Meat_Crank (max block xirgil crank)

Phobophilia fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 5, 2017

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I myself am proud of Antifa_Supersoldier

also I started integrating, sorting and deleting my merged stashes from the get go and now I have a real neato standard cache of stuff for experimenation

I actually like doing it each end of a league :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Hi I haven't played PoE in like 2 leagues. When does the next one start?