Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

massive spider posted:

yeah this makes me super happy and I dont know why

I actually googled that guitar by image and found a forum with a bunch of curmudgeons whining about it, which made me very happy because lol

(There's was also a bunch of :females: stuff there with how it's totally a guitar for chicks, you see, just like pink ones are, and it's terrible)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

kjetting posted:

What the loving gently caress? Are these guys just trolling? That's just terrible in every conceivable way. Terrible technique, tone, rhythm, everything! Are these guitarists that get paid to show off their playing?

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

DO NOT BESMIRCH MY SENPAI HENRY!!!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

^^^^ I don't think I'm any of those things but Henry Kaiser's "touched" nature and complete earnestness and willingness to look foolish in order to try ridiculous things appeals to me on some levels. I'm not going to say I purposely listen to him but when he comes up in a youtube video I always giggle and am glad people are willing to be benevolently r-worded.

yeah kaiser's 100% commitment to his thing is why he's cool as heck

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 3, 2017

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ruflux posted:

I actually googled that guitar by image and found a forum with a bunch of curmudgeons whining about it, which made me very happy because lol

(There's was also a bunch of :females: stuff there with how it's totally a guitar for chicks, you see, just like pink ones are, and it's terrible)

oh man the utter disdain they have for women playing music with the soupçon of homophobia in that thread are just magnifique. all over a silly finish

such fragile masculinity on display there

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wampler group was wild this afternoon :lol:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kilometers Davis posted:

Wampler group was wild this afternoon :lol:

Yeah it was getting very "I've seen some pedal poo poo you people wouldn't believe" looool.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

GreatGreen posted:

This is the most "back in my day," narrow-minded thing I've read in a while.
The guitar is a device meant for creative expression. You can make it sound like literally anything you want, and that's valid, as long as it helps you express what you intend to express. If the best way to get across your intention is to put the goddamn thing in an oven and record the sound of wood burning and strings popping, that's valid. Expensive, but still valid.

Guys like Joe think of the guitar as a puzzle that can only be solved through the playing of Hendrix riffs.

vvv edit: gently caress Henry Kaiser though.

JB knows that but he also knows what his audience want to read, and that doesn't include praise for the ambient scene or about how you're running your '59 burst collection through a Kemper these days.

Guy might be a good player but his manager/PR guy is a stone dead motherfucker who has dragged him up from playing to twenty middle aged men in pubs to selling out the RAH, and he knows exactly how to market that. Look at his sudden transition from tan pants bloozman to classic rock revivalist, and then the amazing change of heart with Glenn when reuniting BCC became more economically attractive than his solo stuff.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm not even kidding but I seriously want some pink Starburst after seeing that guitar.

Yeah I didn't even mean that as a particularly bad thing

The colors just really remind me of starburst candies and it was also a mild pun

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Ruflux posted:

i really hate that kind of fake masculinity poo poo and am tempted to get a dig just so i have a pink pedal

also because i love trashy digital delays

but mostly because gently caress them, it's pink and it owns :colbert:

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I have a serious problem with that pinkburst guitar.

It doesn't have sparkles.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I’m still dying to own a full holo guitar.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I just want to learn how play guitar, period, but it's so difficult when you don't own one, don't have time to practice and live in an apartment and don't want to annoy the hell out of your neighbors

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ruflux posted:

I just want to learn how play guitar, period, but it's so difficult when you don't own one, don't have time to practice and live in an apartment and don't want to annoy the hell out of your neighbors

If you lived in central Florida I would totally give you a super good deal on one of mine in the name of helping you join the cool kids club.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Ruflux posted:

whats your budget?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m still dying to own a full holo guitar.
Hell. Same.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I dislike the body cutouts but mmmmmmm

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Ruflux posted:

Get one of these for the neighbors and maybe pick up rocksmith

VOX AP2AC amPlug AC30 G2 Guitar Headphone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NAUHX1G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_rat.zbX511DBQ

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Gringostar posted:

i really hate that kind of fake masculinity poo poo and am tempted to get a dig just so i have a pink pedal

also because i love trashy digital delays

but mostly because gently caress them, it's pink and it owns :colbert:

c'mon, pink AND black glitter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuQZSptezS0

Kilometers Davis posted:

I dislike the body cutouts but mmmmmmm

would, immediately, same with the pink lemonade guitar. Honestly, if whatever sort of hardware I want for my next guitar happens to come on a pink body, I'm there.

also please ship me like five terrible pedals so I can be a soundscapist and piss off bonnammassaa

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

has there ever been a guitar with a viable clitoris

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

I forgot one key part from earlier: I'm also a poor university student so I couldn't buy a guitar if I wanted to. :v:

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Ruflux posted:

I forgot one key part from earlier: I'm also a poor university student so I couldn't buy a guitar if I wanted to. :v:

If you can scare up about $80 you could probably find an Epiphone LP Jr on ebay or craigslist.

Alternatively, borrow one from someone who seems like a space cadet and hope they forget to ask for it back.

Comedy option:

BDA fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Nov 4, 2017

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

prefect posted:

Stupid stuff is :cool:

Gonna dox myself here, but I was actually Rick Nielsen's "computer guy" for a short while back around 2000-2001. He'd bring his various Mac machines into the shop I worked at to have stuff done, and eventually he asked me to help him set up some network stuff for his computers at home. Super nice guy, and when he found out I played guitar he seemed genuinely interested in hearing stuff I'd been working on (which was shameful home-recording stuff at the time).

That's my celeb guitarist in real life story.

For content, I discovered this dude a while ago. He's done a bunch of "reacts to" videos, and they're just priceless (don't let the username throw you):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa4EmeLhg2M

Watching him discover these guitarist for the first time is just adorable. Give his channel some love.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

After reading that Joe Bonnamassa thing I looked up his music for the first time and he's probably the most boring musician I've ever seen

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pablo Gigante posted:

After reading that Joe Bonnamassa thing I looked up his music for the first time and he's probably the most boring musician I've ever seen

dude he wears sunglasses with his suit

it doesn't get any cooler than that

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

A saggy, crepe-skinned Agent Smith approaches his wall of PRS guitars, adjacent to his wall of Dr. Z and Friedman amplifiers, and selects just the one for today's mood: "Mr. 24-Fret Bookmatched Flamed Maple Top in Tobacco Sunburst, we meet again!" he smirked.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
9.5/10

24 frets is too metal

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I've had an irrational hatred for Joe Bonamassa since I found out he was a child prodigy and was opening for B. B. King when he was 12.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
This is supposed to be a joke video but I sincerely want to do some sort of pop-death metal band like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMdqgPPTLoA

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Spanish Manlove posted:

This is supposed to be a joke video but I sincerely want to do some sort of pop-death metal band like this

aren't there like a couple dozen lovely soundalike bands from eastern europe doing that on napalm and century media?

e: thanks for reminding me of this gem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOe-gvggplU

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 4, 2017

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I thought they were all like slow rear end radio metal

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

woodch posted:

For content, I discovered this dude a while ago. He's done a bunch of "reacts to" videos, and they're just priceless (don't let the username throw you):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa4EmeLhg2M

Watching him discover these guitarist for the first time is just adorable. Give his channel some love.

I've been following him for a while and it's hilarious watching him react to stuff you basically take for granted. Like hearing him call guitarwork you've heard a million times before mindblowing and whatnot. Normally I loving detest reaction videos but I guess the genuine feeling enthusiasm he has just rubs off.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Chrpno posted:

every other mythical creature has been on a guitar, no reason to think this one is any different

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
I wonder how many of these Epiphone has been selling? None of the online retailers I check seem to be able to keep them in stock.

Also smdh at calling that a "Les Paul" when it's clearly a Melody Maker. Respect your own history, Gibson.

BDA fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Nov 4, 2017

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Chrpno posted:

any guitar with a pushbutton killswitch

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Anime Reference posted:

I wonder how many of these Epiphone has been selling? None of the online retailers I check seem to be able to keep them in stock.

Also smdh at calling that a "Les Paul" when it's clearly a Melody Maker. Respect your own history, Gibson.

If they called it a Melody Maker, they wouldn't sell as many to wannabe bluesdads who want to brag that they just bought "one o' those vintage Les Pauls."

Edit: I remember seeing these when they were announced and wondering why they did just put low-end humbuckers in them... At least they'd look the part.

Bass Ackwards fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 5, 2017

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

metaxus posted:

If they called it a Melody Maker, they wouldn't sell as many to wannabe bluesdads who want to brag that they just bought "one o' those vintage Les Pauls."

As if a bluesdad would buy a $99 guitar.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Anime Reference posted:

Entry-level bluesdad.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I want one of those but I also want to put EMG 81/85s in it somehow.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Anime Reference posted:

https://www.instagram.com/rigsofdad/?hl=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I want one of those but I also want to put EMG 81/85s in it somehow.

Apparently the pickups are just standard Strat size so you could put some Hot Rails in pretty easily.