Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

This was cool, thanks!

Did you already beat it? It took me a couple days but I was pretty lazy about checking on it regularly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

CJacobs posted:

https://puu.sh/yeb2m/a662178541.webm

I implemented all of the loot box types I have planned, with each box having its own card rarity values as well as a value that governs how many cards have a chance of dropping from each box. I also put in ugly dev art poof clouds and also made the game keep track of how much of each resource you have. It also is, technically speaking, an actual game now because boxes drop on their own every 10 or so seconds. You can upgrade this value so they drop faster but I'm thinking about being a dick and making the increased drop rate a limited time rebuyable thing. Time to buy some rats and put them in a cage with a keyboard to see if my game appeals to stimuli.

edit: I also have not made sprites for loot boxes 3-10 yet.

did you see my link to Succubox earlier? it does this pretty well and I don't wanna spoil too much but the way it escalates is pretty funny ..... quickly you find that buying loot-boxes in the game-within-a-game RPG can be done more quickly by working at an in-game job to buy them with cash, and then you end up starting your own company and paying your employees to grind for lootboxes, and then it only gets more insane from there

http://www.glaielgames.com/succubox/

edit: also if you play this definitely try and click the option that lets you pay real money via paypal for ingame loot boxes

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

My shameful MMO secret is that I still play GW2 from time to time, especially given that it got a new expansion recently. It's still an MMO and thus bad, but probably on the lower end of badness as MMOs go.

spudsbuckley posted:

I'm legit impressed with their new Irish character in Overwatch.

Her accent is actually what we sound like and she isn't literally just a leprechaun. It's probably the best portrayal of us in any game ever.

Too bad her skills look boring as hell.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm glad there's a new healer in town, something else to try until they finish killing reworking Mercy.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

chumbler posted:

Too bad her skills look boring as hell.

hmmm sounds like you looked at literally any overwatch thing ever

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

goferchan posted:

did you see my link to Succubox earlier? it does this pretty well and I don't wanna spoil too much but the way it escalates is pretty funny ..... quickly you find that buying loot-boxes in the game-within-a-game RPG can be done more quickly by working at an in-game job to buy them with cash, and then you end up starting your own company and paying your employees to grind for lootboxes, and then it only gets more insane from there

edit: also if you play this definitely try and click the option that lets you pay real money via paypal for ingame loot boxes

I missed it, but I am playing it now and I like it!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

oddium posted:

hmmm sounds like you looked at literally any overwatch thing ever

Hey now, Sombra and Mei are cool.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

goferchan posted:

So this is what I'm going to do with my friday night.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
help i'm almost done with resident evil 2 but i still want to play nemesis afterwards to cap out the trilogy

not code veronica though that's too loving long i am not going to play 15 hours of extremely strict ammo conservation

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

overwatch ... is good

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Colonel posted:

help i'm almost done with resident evil 2 but i still want to play nemesis afterwards to cap out the trilogy

not code veronica though that's too loving long i am not going to play 15 hours of extremely strict ammo conservation

You better have done A and B for both characters.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Goodness, New Donk City is pretty even at first appearance in the rainstorm. Can't wait to see itin better weather.

I keep going back and forth between Odyssey and Golf Story, though, and Monolith too. We are truly blessed and cursed with so many good games :unsmith:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Samuringa posted:

So this is what I'm going to do with my friday night.

Have fun. I don't like idle games a lot usually but I thought this one was really clever and some of the writing made me laugh out loud a few times. There's a lot hidden under the surface

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

al-azad posted:

You better have done A and B for both characters.

i'm not doing loving leona/claireb are you kidding me this game was already like ten hours long right after i beat REmake twice

maybe in the future, when i play zero and cvx, but after nemesis i am done with classic re for a long time

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I love new donk city! Oh yeah, new donk city!

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

goferchan posted:

Did you already beat it? It took me a couple days but I was pretty lazy about checking on it regularly

No, I played actively for a few hours, then stalled out on the Space Program, but forgot to leave it running in the background. My game apparently saved so maybe I'll actually idle it for a while and see what's next.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm disappointed that more thoughts have stopped appearing. I'm running a multi-million dollar corporation and pumping it into loot boxes and my dudes got nothing to say about it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Awesome new DooM and Wolfenstein games make me hopeful that we're gonna get a rad new Hexen game too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For a second I wasn't sure what Doom and Wolf had to do with that free 360 puzzle game...

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

I love new donk city! Oh yeah, new donk city!

yeah, i live there.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Awesome new DooM and Wolfenstein games make me hopeful that we're gonna get a rad new Hexen game too.

Man now I want that too.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
but there are good things about doom and wolfenstein to bring back. what are you supposed to do with hexen

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't think bethesda owns the rights to heretic or hexen

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A pure fantasy FPS would be fairly unique at least, it was the only thing Hexen had going for it anyway.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can't wait for the sequel to dark messiah of might and magic

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Skyrim is a fantasy first-person shooter

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

can't wait for the sequel to dark messiah of might and magic

Sorry Dark Souls has overtaken it as the ultimate kicking stuff off a cliff game

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Colonel posted:

what are you supposed to do with hexen

If you give me levels where I can fight skeletons and goblins while looking for cool swords or spells, I'll be fine.

Actually, I want to change my mind. Someone please develop a Deadlands class-based FPS.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Well there's this coming out but it's more like a 90's throwback than a big AAA reimagining.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrcW0Cl_vAQ

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The new Overwatch character stole her steal life/give life move set from the comic book superhero I created in middle school.

In other news, the modern day aspects of Assassin's Creed Origina continue to be pointless ways to include superfluous information that only makes the meta narrative more confusing, as if to give the player a nice break from having fun. It's my fault for reading everything instead of jumping right back into the machine.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what 2d fps had the most badass fist sprite, I think hexen is probably pretty high up there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

i'm not doing loving leona/claireb are you kidding me this game was already like ten hours long right after i beat REmake twice

maybe in the future, when i play zero and cvx, but after nemesis i am done with classic re for a long time

Re2 is the shortest RE there is, you can beat it in like 90 minutes after you know what to do

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The timing is perfect for a fast-paced dark fantasy FPS but unfortunately I think the Heretic/Hexen IP is in licensing hell, so if there was a new Hexen it'd have to be called something else. Maybe System Shock 3 or something like that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

A pure fantasy FPS would be fairly unique at least, it was the only thing Hexen had going for it anyway.

what about Blood

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Based on early impressions Dusk is that game. It's Blood + Hexen meaning intricate, interactive levels with shortcuts and secrets and thoughtful enemy places with the frenetic shooting of quake 2 style.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harrow posted:

Someone make a game where I can just play as a loot box

Isn't this just Metal Gear Solid V?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

al-azad posted:

Based on early impressions Dusk is that game. It's Blood + Hexen meaning intricate, interactive levels with shortcuts and secrets and thoughtful enemy places with the frenetic shooting of quake 2 style.

Yeah but when I say "I want a new Hexen" I mean like a new one with DOOM-level graphics and not retro 1997.

• Locked thread