Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Stolen from eleswhere on SA;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
wooooooohhhh getting hammered tonight to celebrate the last of my 20s

30 in seven days

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

I walk by Trump Tower every time I go surf. I’ll be sure to flip the bird and feel like I did my part

I laughed pretty hard at mayor Caldwell's announcement to maybe try not to use H1.

Like what the gently caress else are we supposed to use?

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

not caring here posted:

Hey Thor Ragnarok is pretty good

Yep. The Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reference was my favorite part that isn't actually a spoiler.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

wooooooohhhh getting hammered tonight to celebrate the last of my 20s

30 in seven days
29 in a month :suicide:

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Laranzu posted:

I laughed pretty hard at mayor Caldwell's announcement to maybe try not to use H1.

If Frank DeLima had been elected governor in 1986 this problem wouldn't exist.

"As your governor, I'm going to build H3, H4, H5, H6, H7, and H8! I'm going to bring the H1 and H2 one-way into the city, H3 through H8 one-way out of the city, so if you work in Pearl Harbor and you live in Makiki you're going home via Hale'iwa. It's a long ride, but smooth all the way home."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Casimir Radon posted:

29 in a month :suicide:

I was 31 a couple weeks ago it's not so bad

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I just hate being a 29 year old college student

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

In a sea of teenage pussy, only cole complains

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

In a sea of teenage pussy, only cole complains

It's true, you can find an unhappy person anywhere.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I mean, maybe I can't relate because I was already 31 when I went back to school, but I would have felt pretty awkward actually chasing rear end.

Teenage rear end, no less.

/heck, I had mixed feelings the next morning after that time I made out with a 23-year-old Korean in my first two months

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 4, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Thor was very funny and very cool.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

If this movie ends up not just being funny, but good, I'm gonna be impressed as hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPSJYXi7BWA

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Read the book. It's worth it to get Sestero's account of how bizarre Tommy is.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

So the fat gently caress is actually staying at the Ritz Carlton one block from my apartment.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Laranzu posted:

It took me an hour to go 1.3 miles on king street.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

So the fat gently caress is actually staying at the Ritz Carlton one block from my apartment.

Show him your dick

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ahahahahahaha

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Woooiggffdh such my dub just from for vd j

Such me duck from knthe back

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

It takes me an hour to negotiate my daily 4-mile-commute back home, and there's no retarded pissbaby president loving up my traffic.

gently caress Munich's rent and traffic.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It takes me an hour to negotiate my daily 4-mile-commute back home, and there's no retarded pissbaby president loving up my traffic.

gently caress Munich's rent and traffic.

You can walk faster than that fyi.

Hawaii has the same 4 miles taking an hour. This is different because 1 mile took an hour.

And you can't walk it because our infrastructure sucks.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Laranzu posted:

You can walk faster than that fyi.

Hawaii has the same 4 miles taking an hour. This is different because 1 mile took an hour.

And you can't walk it because our infrastructure sucks.

I used to be able to walk, now I can't.

After my fifth surgery four weeks ago, my orthopedist told me I'd probably never be hiking again, and I need to take it really loving easy on my knee to not to any further damage to the remnants of my meniscus, where they're planning to anchor a collagen-implant early next year.

So in the interim, public transportation is also out the window for my daily commute, because my route from the rear end-end of Munich includes 10 flights of stairs over four transfers to/between subways.

It only sucks as much currently, because the temporary apartment I have is on the exact opposite side of Munich, but I didn't give a poo poo about location as long as I had a sub-45-minute commute one-way. I didn't factor in that I'd wreck my knee again, so this is gonna suck for another couple of months until I have a) a permanent apartment, and b) my knee restored to a point where I can hopefully try to think about walking normally again (not even planning on hoping for hiking).

Did I mention I moved into a 4th floor apartment with no elevator :downs:

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

/heck, I had mixed feelings the next morning after that time I made out with a 23-year-old Korean in my first two months

What was his name?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Woof Blitzer posted:

It sucks when you learn cool classified/opsec stuff but can't tell anyone, cause there's some crazy stuff out there. I've been totally blown away this week.

gently caress you

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Super secret: I classify doggos, cattes, skeletons, ethnic foods, and adult sexual playtime as :krad:

Please use responsibly and do not mix inappropriate columns together.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

The best traffic, the best.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Did the crowd of traffic resemble the size of the inaugural crowd?

The yugest crowds.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

I found this the other day and got a bit of a laugh at the idiots; https://www.reddit.com/r/hiking/comments/3xxrem/mt_washington_a_near_death_experience/

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
This Iowa game is fantastic... If you like Iowa or just good college football in general. Not so much if you're an Ohio State fan.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
No one should care about Ohio football anyhow.

It's like saying, "I have to piss, might as well turn into the wind and wash my shoes too."

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Idk dick about climbing but my first thought was that they were starting waaaaaaay late in the day for this 🤷🏻‍♂️

I hiked up Stone Mountain the other day and that’s my biggest hike since the Rocky Mountain wedding. Stone Mountain Park has some awesome trails and tons of people cycling, I’m pretty jealous of people who have hills now that I’ve spent time here.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Those are the mountains of Busch though. Coors clearly has the better range.

Anything after September is a bad idea for Mt Washington.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

ONE oval office WOLF PACK posted:

Idk dick about climbing but my first thought was that they were starting waaaaaaay late in the day for this 🤷🏻‍♂️

I hiked up Stone Mountain the other day and that’s my biggest hike since the Rocky Mountain wedding. Stone Mountain Park has some awesome trails and tons of people cycling, I’m pretty jealous of people who have hills now that I’ve spent time here.

Did you hit up daddy dz yet

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Did you hit up daddy dz yet

Yesssssss

Can confirm, ribs good

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I climbed up Mt. Fuji, poo poo is no joke. Altitude sickness hits around 8-9000 ft and it sucks a big hairy dick. You don't want to move more than a couple feet without resting, unless you spend a lot of time at high altitude.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Yesssssss

Can confirm, ribs good

I had the pulled pork and was bloody impressed

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

orange juche posted:

I climbed up Mt. Fuji, poo poo is no joke. Altitude sickness hits around 8-9000 ft and it sucks a big hairy dick. You don't want to move more than a couple feet without resting, unless you spend a lot of time at high altitude.

I went up fuji without trouble, personally, and i did it in steel toe boots. The beer at the summit was delicious. Sunburned the gently caress out of my calves because there was a small gap between the top of my boots/socks and the bottom of my shorts.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Elevation in general is a motherfucker. I live at 6000 ft, and don't really have a problem unless it's a rapid change, like driving to the top of Pike's Peak in less than an hour. Even then, just having something to eat before helps.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Thor was pretty decent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

I went up fuji without trouble, personally, and i did it in steel toe boots. The beer at the summit was delicious. Sunburned the gently caress out of my calves because there was a small gap between the top of my boots/socks and the bottom of my shorts.

Yeah I worked a full day before hand, drove to the mountain that night, climbed through the night to see the sunrise. Hardest loving thing I've ever done, would never do it again. Good sunrise though.

Climbing that narrow rear end trail in the pitch black with nothing but a 3 LED headlamp as a light source is a bit sketchy.

• Locked thread