Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Almost all of those tweets have zero replies retweets or likes so it's a whole lot of nothing that is going to get zero attention tomorrow on any side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Invalid Validation posted:

There’s no actual place these “riots” are supposed to be is there?

yeah there is

in my pants

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
Walmart parking lots, church picnics, wherever it is your daughter is really going

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

enraged_camel posted:

btw, i was listening to npr the other day.

they were interviewing an american diplomat currently stationed in kabul, afghanistan. he was saying the american embassy there has not allowed any diplomat to leave the embassy, much less the protected zone around it, for months. not even to travel to american bases around the country. embassy's security personnel literally won't let them leave the grounds.

he said none of the diplomats have been able to do their jobs because of it since trump took office.

according to him, the reason is that the Trump administration doesn't want to risk having its own benghazi type incident.

It's also because State is so criminally undermanaged at the moment that DSS can't do its job properly for the rank and file, just the brass.

And the military make lousy bodyguard substitutes because they're not properly trained to do it, and they don't LIKE doing it, because it makes them even MORE likely to be targeted and hurt/killed.

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Antifa will simultaneously be everywhere and nowhere at once. If you ask me, the alt right are deservedly afraid.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

If you're actually trying to guess where conflict is likely, this is the list of Refuse Fascism events: https://refusefascism.org/protests-and-events/

So I imagine that's the list the alt-right will be using to look for suspicious antifa types and or for a good old fashion black flag.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Social media sure is something.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

paperwind posted:

Antifa will simultaneously be everywhere and nowhere at once. If you ask me, the alt right are deservedly afraid.

wherever whitey resides... we'll be there....

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

After all... the antifa was inside you all along :kimchi:

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017

Fluffdaddy posted:

Almost all of those tweets have zero replies retweets or likes so it's a whole lot of nothing that is going to get zero attention tomorrow on any side.

Its really the number of people talking about it and the specifics of the date though. Suppose you had a high school of 300 million kids. Half of them hear a rumor that at 12:15 tomorrow we're all going to stand up and dance at lunch. You can still reasonably expect there to be around 10,000 loving morons.

Or, to use a darker metaphor, 2,000 cultists and the spaceship is coming tomorrow.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

paperwind posted:

Antifa is the League of Shadows???

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Springfield

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
That was all pruned from a 30 minute stretch of Twitter btw. All those tweets are new and are just a condensed version of what is steadily streaming on Twitter atm.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/ConstanceFilzen/status/926648561072246784

Goddammit, we planned for every contingency except this!

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Post 9-11 User posted:

I spent 20 seconds to bust someone who committed a crime.

Truly, I am a tryhard, truly, you are not outing yourself as woefully apathetic and lame. :coal:

C'mon dude by what metric is calling someone "Pocahontas" a crime? Insanely racist, yes; criminal, no.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

lol, breitbarters are swallowing the antifa stuff hook line and sinker

Obama 2012
Mar 28, 2002

"I never knew what hope was until it ran out in a red gush over my lips, my hands!"

-Anne Rice, Interview with the President

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://twitter.com/ConstanceFilzen/status/926648561072246784

Goddammit, we planned for every contingency except this!

Someone should do a War of the Worlds style audio livestream enactment of the ‘revolution’, just to mess with them.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
AWOOOOOO

WEREWOLF ANTIFA

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

enraged_camel posted:

"A can of whip arse" - Can't tell if this is one of those British crypto-fascists who get overinvolved in American politics or a big ol' nerd using British-speak for internet cred.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Obama 2012 posted:

Someone should do a War of the Worlds style audio livestream enactment of the ‘revolution’, just to mess with them.

lol

this reminds me of the Man in the High Castle radio ad that aired earlier this year (recruiting for "The Resistance", which is a faction in the show) and a lot of conservative morons thought it was an actual leftist movement created to resist Trump and they got real mad

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

voltroon posted:

"A can of whip arse" - Can't tell if this is one of those British crypto-fascists who get overinvolved in American politics or a big ol' nerd using British-speak for internet cred.

It's a Russian earning his 50 kopeks.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
At the anti-trump rally today in Honolulu there were 5 proud boys and one Polynesian Trump supporter. They did not let him stand next to them lol

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Office Pig posted:

This is impressively stupid.

I remember a while back I saw some site mocking pictures used to sell houses where the photographer had artistically filled the bath tub with green bell peppers for artistic reasons that probably made sense to him/her. I thought that was gonna be the dumbest "tub filled with something" photo I was gonna see.

Tonight I find out I was wrong.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Huh, Mattis had something to do with the OEV, "sock puppet" stuff years ago. Hurm... don't know what I think about that.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...at4gUpt&ampcf=1

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I hope it will be really obvious when a bunch of people with swastika tats on their neck hold ANTFIA signs and brandish assault rifles.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

SLOSifl posted:

I hope it will be really obvious when a bunch of people with swastika tats on their neck hold ANTFIA signs and brandish assault rifles.

Ah, but you see, this proves that liberals are the real nazis

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

drat that's pretty hosed up if true.

For reference, I'm a physics PhD and I make ~$24k per year post-tax. The tuition wavers from my institution are about $9k per year. That's as an in-state student; as an out of state student it would be more and as a foreign student probably even more than that. So like $1k per year in taxes I would have to pay.

Thankfully I'm pretty privileged so that won't hurt me too much. But for a student that has large student debt or other expenses, that could severely hurt them.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am looking forward to nazis shooting each other thinking the other is antifa.

Bloody cops couldn't stop shooting each other in a manhunt that lasted a couple hours and these guys are even more itchy trigger fingered.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
I'm imagining tomorrow will be like that Spider-Man meme with two Spider-Men, only with more guns.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

joepinetree posted:

MCHPS, which ranks 2nd overall in the nation for "Chance a poor student has to become a rich adult", would pay the tax.

There are universities that clearly hoard endowment, such as Harvard and Princeton, and as such go ahead and tax them to your little heart's content. But there are also universities that actually use their (normally much smaller) endowment to provide opportunities for social mobility for students from poor backgrounds. Any proposal that is blind to that and that ends up penalizing universities that use their endowments to provide access is by definition not progressive.

Of course, you aren't really interested in discussing this, just trying to score cheap points, so feel free to talk some more about my leftism.

In this tiny brain of yours you actually think a private pharmacy school does a net good to society? It's an oversaturated field churning out way more grads than can be used by society.

Private universities are not engines of economic mobility. Mid-tier publics with cheap tuition are engines of mobility. American private, non-profit universities are abusive as gently caress, lobby congress frequently for lax oversight, and should be nationalized in any sane society.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

enraged_camel posted:

Neat how they are posting email addresses.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Eeyo posted:

drat that's pretty hosed up if true.

For reference, I'm a physics PhD and I make ~$24k per year post-tax. The tuition wavers from my institution are about $9k per year. That's as an in-state student; as an out of state student it would be more and as a foreign student probably even more than that. So like $1k per year in taxes I would have to pay.

Thankfully I'm pretty privileged so that won't hurt me too much. But for a student that has large student debt or other expenses, that could severely hurt them.

Eat the rich.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Dejawesp posted:

Eat the rich.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dejawesp posted:

Eat the rich.

They have the best marbling.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:hf:

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum

So how many antifa beheadings today so far?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mustached Demon posted:

They have the best marbling.

That's not marbling, it's pharmaceutical residue.

Aeka 2.0 posted:

Fox News will have 'unconfirmed reports' of hundreds.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Aeka 2.0 posted:

None, but I did turn someone's skull into atoms with a crowbar.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Fox News will have 'unconfirmed reports' of hundreds.

Not enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
As a white parent who supports Antifa I am currently cutting my own head off. When I'm done I will cut my partner's head off.

I'll post pics later.

• Locked thread