Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Now that they have custom themes and ring textures, what a bible of a game. Now i can get Sunday night heat and all the poo poo shows for my jobbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
I'm most excited about controllable entrances. Begone generic walking! Now my CAWs super elaborate and long entrance from the Smackdown games can finally make it's appearance in Fire Pro. I've been waiting for that feature in those games for so drat long.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

all I need now is the Curb Stomp and the Vertebreaker moves in this game

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Maxwell Lord posted:

Some kind of booking mode for FPW is in the works. But it's hard to say when because it's such a small operation.

I bet it will be like the GBA Fire Pro booking system

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

I bet it will be like the GBA Fire Pro booking system

Final Fire Pro actually had a really good management mode. Sure it wasn't TEW or SVR06 but it still was really functional and fun.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Really if they just make the Final Fire Pro booking mode but actually give the opportunity to have feuds (seriously, in two years of business I had only one feud), and better explain some of the mechanics as to how things work (like how feuds even happen, for example) it'll be pretty much fine.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Even a weekly match card would be good, with some text based elements for story stuff (I don’t expect cutscenes) like that TEW game.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
While it isn't an official booking mode, someone made a PPV generator on Fire Pro Arena. It books random shows (TV, PPV, and Major PPV) with random stipulations and reassigns match position (more wins, up the card/less wins, down the card) based on the match outcomes which you enter after it happens. There's also random events (John Cena wrote a book! He gets 5 additional points! Mahal got caught with roids by the police! Subtract 10 points...), belts, and stables. It's pretty nifty. You're limited to 64 on the roster with the ability to save and load multiple promotions and you'll have to add the guys yourself (name, edit point total, face/heel, and match preference). The default promotion comes with a mid-aughts WWE save, so most people will be good to go from the start.

Few quirks: Make sure you run a few normal shows before the PPV to set up the stories or the algorithm won't give you many matches. Also, the first match is the main-event for some reason so just skip to the last match and move back.

I'm about to use it to book a Saturday Night Slam Masters fed with Buzz from Pit-Fighter making his surprise debut and starting a slow build to a big match with Mike Haggar. Game of the Year.

Grab it here!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/19dkwewmyyuqy1b/ppvgen2.2.zip

And here's the source code the author gave out if you want to improve on it: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ff86zlicma6yra1/ppvgen2.2%28SOURCE%29.zip

Enjoy! :unsmith:

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP
I have a question about point values for wrestlers in Fire Pro. I'm making wrestlers for my own personal women's e-fed, and initially they were all going to be 185pt. But after checking point values of other wrestlers in the workshop, I'm wondering if that's too high, maybe?

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Spark That Bled posted:

I have a question about point values for wrestlers in Fire Pro. I'm making wrestlers for my own personal women's e-fed, and initially they were all going to be 185pt. But after checking point values of other wrestlers in the workshop, I'm wondering if that's too high, maybe?

Points are all over the place with a lot of creators. My women tend towards values between 125 and 150 or so, depending on what I'm trying to accomplish with the individual edit.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Spark That Bled posted:

Like unimportantguy said it's all over the goddamn place now that the mod community is all-hands, but the general consensus is:
  • <100: Jobbers, managers, joke characters, people who should almost never win
  • 100-140: Undercard
  • 140-180: Midcard
  • 180-220: Main event
  • 220+: Legends
Even then there's some disagreement about the top line, a lot of people stretch the main event tier from 180/190 to 250. It depends on where the mass of your edits are; people who focus more on having all their characters be competitive tend to stay under 200, people who are more focused on having clean tiers for their own mental storytelling purposes keep them more spread out. If you're making the characters just for your own fun, it doesn't matter what anyone else is doing as long as you feel they're balanced against each other.

CarlCX fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Oct 28, 2017

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If it's for a personal thing, you don't really have to worry about numbers so much as making them balanced vs each other.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
So with custom ring textures being a thing now, is there any chance FPW will get its own basic image program to create them?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Any word yet on Black Friday deals on 2K18?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
yooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

http://store.steampowered.com/app/611710/Kaiju_Big_Battel_Fighto_Fantasy/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
KBB is the group that had Minoru Suzuki wrestle a mummy once, right?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

That would be DDT.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I thought they were the ones who had Kota Ibushi wrestle an invisible man.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Xerzes posted:

I thought they were the ones who had Kota Ibushi wrestle an invisible man.

Still DDT

edit: You two are just loving with me, aren't you?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Kenny Omega wrestled a doll in kbb.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

KBB is the fed that had a ladder as a champion more than once.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

As a fun little creative exercise, I decided to work the WWE 2K18 roster into a trios tournament based on the available talent. No CAWs, only male wrestlers, only those currently available and no overlapping (ie. one version of Foley allowed). Trying to work current talent and legends into a dream tournament while having every trio make some kind of sense and trying to incorporate as many big names as possible. Here's what I ended up with:

1) The Shield: Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins
2) New Day: Kofi Kingston, Big E, Xavier Woods
3) Fabulous Freebirds: Michael PS Hayes, Jimmy Garvin, Buddy Roberts
4) The Wyatt Family: Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan
5) Sanity: Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe, Killian Dain
6) Miz TV: Miz, Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas
7) Titus Worldwide: Titus O'Neil, Apollo Crews, Akira Tozawa
8) The Heenan Family: Andre the Giant, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude
9) The Hart Foundation: Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart, British Bulldog
10) The Club: AJ Styles, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson
11) Evolution: Ric Flair, Batista, Randy Orton
12) The Corporation Elite: Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon, Triple H
13) The Clique: Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall
14) The Ultimate Maniacs: Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Brutus Beefcake
15) Phatu and Sons: Rikishi, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso
16) Team Oh Yes: Undertaker, Kane, Daniel Bryan
17) Kings of Wrestling: Cesaro, Sheamus, Kassius Ohno
18) New Team Angle: Kurt Angle, Jason Jordan, Chad Gable
19) Team Awesomeness: Edge, Christian, Rhyno
20) Team WCW: Sting, Goldberg, DDP
21) Kevin Owens and Friends: Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Chris Jericho
22) Team Attitude: Steve Austin, The Rock, Mankind
23) Team USA: John Cena, Lex Luger, Mark Henry
24) Mass Destruction: Big Show, Earthquake, Typhoon
25) Dust T Rhodes: Goldust, Booker T, Dusty Rhodes
26) Fashion Force: Rick Martel, Fandango, Tyler Breeze
27) Monsters of Pain: Braun Strowman, Akam, Rezar
28) Rulers of the Wasteland: Sycho Sid, Konnor, Viktor
29) The Stampede: Big Boss Man, Vader, Bam Bam Bigelow
30) The Lone Destroyers: Brock Lesnar, Samoa Joe, Baron Corbin
31) The NXT Pantheon: Finn Balor, Bobby Roode, Shinsuke Nakamura
32) The Enlightened: Rusev, Jinder Mahal, Aiden English

The biggest names to be excluded are Ziggler, Eddie Guerrero, Jake Roberts, JBL, Steamboat and RVD. Maybe Roberts/Revival would've made more sense for that last team.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
I dunno, maybe Ziggler can be teamed up with Eddie and Jake and they can be the Spirits Squad

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Trust Issues: JBL, Jake Roberts, Eddie Guerrero
Snakes in the Grass: Roberts, Steamboat, RVD

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 4, 2017

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CubsWoo posted:

Trust Issues: JBL, Jake Roberts, Eddie Guerrero

Replace JBL with Big Cass and I'd be all for this trio that is constantly loving each other over at every turn.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Five Star Frog Splashes: Eddie, RVD, Steamboat

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shove Dallas and Axel out of the airlock and team Miz up with Ziggler and JBL as team PG Midcard.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Man I'm not the only one who feels that Hogan being missing from a roster with so much major 80's & 90's talent on it is kinda silly right?

yes I'm aware of why WWE stopped using Hogan in new games, but it's honestly kinda hypocritical of them to exclude Hogan when Ultimate Warrior was from all accounts a humongous homophobic jackass, and several of the other wrestlers on the roster are/were known for racist comments(and/or other forms of bigotry)

Heckie Holmes
Jul 31, 2008

Gavok posted:

As a fun little creative exercise, I decided to work the WWE 2K18 roster into a trios tournament based on the available talent. No CAWs, only male wrestlers, only those currently available and no overlapping (ie. one version of Foley allowed). Trying to work current talent and legends into a dream tournament while having every trio make some kind of sense and trying to incorporate as many big names as possible. Here's what I ended up with:

1) The Shield: Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins
2) New Day: Kofi Kingston, Big E, Xavier Woods
3) Fabulous Freebirds: Michael PS Hayes, Jimmy Garvin, Buddy Roberts
4) The Wyatt Family: Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan
5) Sanity: Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe, Killian Dain
6) Miz TV: Miz, Curtis Axel, Bo Dallas
7) Titus Worldwide: Titus O'Neil, Apollo Crews, Akira Tozawa
8) The Heenan Family: Andre the Giant, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude
9) The Hart Foundation: Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart, British Bulldog
10) The Club: AJ Styles, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson
11) Evolution: Ric Flair, Batista, Randy Orton
12) The Corporation Elite: Mr. McMahon, Shane McMahon, Triple H
13) The Clique: Shawn Michaels, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall
14) The Ultimate Maniacs: Ultimate Warrior, Randy Savage, Brutus Beefcake
15) Phatu and Sons: Rikishi, Jimmy Uso, Jey Uso
16) Team Oh Yes: Undertaker, Kane, Daniel Bryan
17) Kings of Wrestling: Cesaro, Sheamus, Kassius Ohno
18) New Team Angle: Kurt Angle, Jason Jordan, Chad Gable
19) Team Awesomeness: Edge, Christian, Rhyno
20) Team WCW: Sting, Goldberg, DDP
21) Kevin Owens and Friends: Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Chris Jericho
22) Team Attitude: Steve Austin, The Rock, Mankind
23) Team USA: John Cena, Lex Luger, Mark Henry
24) Mass Destruction: Big Show, Earthquake, Typhoon
25) Dust T Rhodes: Goldust, Booker T, Dusty Rhodes
26) Fashion Force: Rick Martel, Fandango, Tyler Breeze
27) Monsters of Pain: Braun Strowman, Akam, Rezar
28) Rulers of the Wasteland: Sycho Sid, Konnor, Viktor
29) The Stampede: Big Boss Man, Vader, Bam Bam Bigelow
30) The Lone Destroyers: Brock Lesnar, Samoa Joe, Baron Corbin
31) The NXT Pantheon: Finn Balor, Bobby Roode, Shinsuke Nakamura
32) The Enlightened: Rusev, Jinder Mahal, Aiden English

The biggest names to be excluded are Ziggler, Eddie Guerrero, Jake Roberts, JBL, Steamboat and RVD. Maybe Roberts/Revival would've made more sense for that last team.

I still do that with Fire Pro. I remember thinking of a few teams. One team I thought of was The Alliance to Destroy Chris Hero: Human Tornado, Eddie Kingston, and Claudio Castagnoli. I think for Hero, he teamed with Kensuke Sasaki and Katsuhiko Nakajima. Nowadays It'd be Hero with Tommy End and JT Dunn. I guess the team name for that would be "Heroes Eventually Die by Elbows."

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I've decided to run a tag league in Fire Pro; each team consists of one wrestler and one non-wrestler.

So far it consists of

British Bulldog & Skeletor
Honma & Mario
Okada & Rob Zombie
Lou Thesz & Thrasher Rodriguez
Muta & Roger Rabbit
Randy Savage & Protoman
Kawada & Evil Ryu
Jaguar Yokota & the Trashman
Tiger Mask II & Kazuma Kiryu
Shibata & Incineroar
Samoa Joe & Rainbow Mika
2 Cold Scorpio & Welfare Queen
Juventud Guerra & Adon from Street Fighter
Hayabusa & Krang

Place your bets. Sadly Welfare Queen is just one of those ones where they created the character but just left the basic moveset and logic.

edit: I kinda feel bad about the beating that Roger Rabbit received at the hands of Ryu & Kawada.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 4, 2017

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is there a good resource for XB1 2K CAWs? Like finding ones that both look good and have decent movesets/stats?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sign me up for Team Bad Brains (Hayabusa and Krang)

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sign me up for Team Bad Brains (Hayabusa and Krang)

:same:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Man I'm not the only one who feels that Hogan being missing from a roster with so much major 80's & 90's talent on it is kinda silly right?

yes I'm aware of why WWE stopped using Hogan in new games, but it's honestly kinda hypocritical of them to exclude Hogan when Ultimate Warrior was from all accounts a humongous homophobic jackass, and several of the other wrestlers on the roster are/were known for racist comments(and/or other forms of bigotry)

True but Hogan had the most recent and public meltdown whereas Warrior was an rear end in a top hat who most people other than hardcore wrestling fans only remember as the guy who snorted and shook the ropes.

Also Warrior died right after his triumphant return to WWE and didn't have time to be a PR disaster. He was the perfect Legend in that sense, WWE got to have their feel good moment at Mania and Raw, then he's dead the next day and all the negative poo poo got swept under the rug.

Hogan is basically damaged goods at this point, and short of his death, I don't think we'll see him reappear in WWE programing or games again.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I thought after Hulk Hogan hit Gawker with the leg drop we as a society completely forgave him for doing a racism.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I learned on Fire Pro Returns that no tag team can beat Honma and Mark Hunt

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

The Bee posted:

I thought after Hulk Hogan hit Gawker with the leg drop we as a society completely forgave him for doing a racism.

Eh, 5 years ago maybe but society seems much less inclined to sweep Celebrity garbage under the rug these days. Which is good, because Hogan sucks anyway and if being a big dumb racist keeps him out of wrestling, I'm fine with it.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

So I noticed something weird tonight on 2K18, but the NXT DLC themes/animations/etc. are in the game but the wrestlers aren't. Is that something they've changed this year?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean they often put various parts in the game that let you more easily create wrestlers who aren't in there, whether it's preset movesets or themes or whatever.