Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZyk72oFwQo/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

trucutru posted:

??? Hearthstone stage ???

From Blizzcon.

Those picture were taken from the opening ceremony. They also had the main hall and Overwatch stage at the same time. And it started on time. So while CIG can't fill one hall without being one hour late Blizzard was able to fill 3 and start on time and had up to 9 halls with events/presentations occurring simultaneously. The gap between CIG running a convention and a competent company is just so outrageously huge. And that just talking about scheduling. The content is way better too, solid details about competently produced video games.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

The backers will never know.

In the 17th century Sandi would have been tied to a plank of wood and dunked in the river

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

kilus aof posted:

From Blizzcon.

Those picture were taken from the opening ceremony. They also had the main hall and Overwatch stage at the same time. And it started on time. So while CIG can't fill one hall without being one hour late Blizzard was able to fill 3 and start on time and had up to 9 halls with events/presentations occurring simultaneously. The gap between CIG running a convention and a competent company is just so outrageously huge. And that just talking about scheduling. The content is way better too, solid details about competently produced video games.

Yes but Blizzard wasn't planning on stealing their water and selling it back to them. Probably because they know Blizz fans aren't stupid and gullible

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
How much did you charge the production company Sandi for use of the offices?

What other little scams have you got running?

Hmmm? Hmmmm?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
https://wccftech.com/wccftech-investigates-the-star-citizen-economy-with-special-guest-tony-zurovec/

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The Schedule Report thread on reddit has some amazing comments: 3.0 Production Schedule Report is up!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol I didn't know the bamboozle guy quit using the tired "Im way too busy to keep writing something that takes like 30 minutes to do" poo poo. Not you know, being horribly wrong with every estimate because he was bamboozled to think that CIG was actually making a game and not a machine to suck money out of idiots perpetually

"Just because they are wrong doesn't mean they are bad at video game management" yeah tell us what you think now guy.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
So, when 3.0 pre-alpha finally hits and is called the MVP*, will Citizens be able to buy ships in-game with SC currency?
Will the selling of concept ships and the "crowd funding" stop?

Yeah. I don't think so either.

* I mean, Crobblers garbled talk hints at that, albeit it also can be interpreted as "you already have the game are playing it you fucks".

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

SomethingJones posted:

The backers will never know.

In the 17th century Sandi would have been tied to a plank of wood and dunked in the river

But does she weigh more than a duck?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Only one way to find out.

Burn her!

I meant metaphorically, put the lighter down ffs

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Gotta give it to CIG, back in may I was saying that it was impossible they could ship out 3.0 in june or whatever, but I gave them enough credit to actually think they could get 3.0 out without crunching like they did for 2.6 but its literally happening again this year. They are going to release 3.0 a year late and stripped down from a lot of poo poo just so they can say they released it, then the things that were cut out will be put in by april 2018 and welp we aint going to see 3.1 till the end of the year then.

Yup.

http://www.dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.msg3456#msg3456

quote:

Hey, it's almost as if my sources were proven to be right (again) about 3.0. They said:

- 3.0 didn't "exist" back in Aug 2016 when Chris was promoting and touting it

- Because of the above, there is no way 3.0 could have been released by Dec 19th, 2016. The first 3.0 dev schedule of April 2017, proved the above to be true

- 3.0 was a disaster and that the schedule (which had an end of June release), was bogus. Subsequent dev schedules have proven above to be true

- 3.0 was a performance hog that that no way they show it at GC2017 in that state. Well, we've seen GC2017

- 3.0 was nowhere near ready for even an Aug 2016 release. The post- GC2017 schedule, and yesterday's burn down, have proven this to be true

- 3.0 needs at least 6 more months of work for it to be ready to release outside a dev environment. If they release 3.0 before year end, and it's in a lovely condition, then this statement would have proven to be true

And I have written about ALL of the above BEFORE they even happened. 07-29-2017, 07-08-2017, 05-26-2017

I need not even talk about SQ42 which those same sources have been right about since it's last showing back in Dec 2015. Like Star Marine, its still MIA.

Remember this GC2017 related Aug 18th post?

quote:

According to my sources, nobody quite knows what to do about GamesCom yet. And that was the same sentiment just last week!

They won't be doing any R&D demos this time apparently. But though my sources claim that rumors suggesting that streamers will be playing 2.6.3 during the show are false, one specific source has said that the goal is to live play sessions of 3.0 running in the same manner that they have done in the past. So far no word on whether or not streamers will be allowed to play it; either live during the show, or in closed sessions. Especially since it's still running at around 10 fps when you hit the moon. And that's on a LAN (which is what they will be running at the show).

So far, no word on SQ42.

Going from the GC2017 presentation disaster, it's easy to see why those very sources didn't even think that Chris would be crazy enough to show 3.0 at GC2017. But he did. You know why? Because these shows are planned, booked, and paid for MONTHS in advance. He had nothing to show besides 3.0 or SQ42. And in order to avoid the repeat of GC2016 and CC2016, that's why it he was left with no choice.

Oh but don't worry though, I tend to get these things wrong. All the time. At least according to our zealot friends over there.

Truly, it's almost as if they waited until after CitizenCon to deliver the bad news. When they removed all the post- 3.0 entries from the schedule two weeks ago, I said something BIG was coming. Here we are.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Nov 4, 2017

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

tooterfish posted:

Only one way to find out.

Burn her!

I meant metaphorically, put the lighter down ffs

I think not telling her she'd been cut from the movie she attended the premiere of was a pretty good burn.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Big fluffy thing is the 3.0 burndown chart. Kitty is a shitizen

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol they're still funding lovely indie movies with backer money aren't they

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Maybe Shitizens will be able to watch those while space travelling, because what else will there be to do?
Money well spent.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Mr. Carlisle posted:

This is good for Star Citizen, because they'll be able to sell the technology of funding lovely indie movies to other developers for a hefty profit.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
We joke about Star Citizen exclusive movies now...

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Open letter to Chris really letting him have it

Hi,
I been playing computer games since Vic 20 so I have been around for a long time now heh.

I remember first time I saw images of Wing Commander in some PC magazine (I think I was on the Amiga back then) and it looked stunning. That magazine turned out to be really expensive for my father since he had to buy me a PC after showing those pictures heh.

Then came Strike Commander which at the time was what I thought back then almost totally realistic graphic. I had to spend some days in DOS to free up enough memory to be able to play it (No stack overflow back then heh). But boy was it worth it. To this day it is still one of my favourite games.

So I always wanted to work in the game industry and dreamed up lots of cool game ideas but life wanted other so I ended up working as a QM-R&D manager in the food business instead. But I never quit playing games and dreaming of creating this awesome game. But as I grow older I'm starting to realize I probably never will have the chance to create that game of my dreams but it is ok.

I'm very glad You share Your dream with us and let us be such big part of the developement. It is really nice of You all to be so open around the production around this game and I really really love that you have no greedy publisher to rush out some buggy pos software.

So big thanks for sharing Your dream with us. You always made groundbreaking stuff and I know this will be the case with SC too and to be honest Your dream is way cooler than mine was anyway   (I thought of a mmo type of game to colonize Mars so it was a completely different scale than this project heh).

So hats off for You and all coworkers at CIG. It's a fantastic ride  

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/star-citizen-star-citizen-update-der-planung-fuer-30,3321801.html

quote:

Our own speculation is therefore currently in the direction of a release of 3.0 in December. The Holiday stream will primarily revolve around Squadron 42, Star Citizen's single-player campaign. Incidentally, our sources (all information without guarantee!) Speak of over 20 minutes of gameplay - so we can be curious.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Can't wait for the morrow tour hd release

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

The Schedule Report thread on reddit has some amazing comments: 3.0 Production Schedule Report is up!

Jesus, folks are on suicide watch over there. I was gonna go gently caress around in the comments but after reading them it's impossible to tell who is genuine and who is just a goon stirring the pot lmao

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

kilus aof posted:

From Blizzcon.

Wait, it gets better! While he was up there, Brode pointed out that Blizzcon had become so huge, they'd outgrown the Anaheim convention center. They had to build a new hall just for Blizzcon.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I read every messi_knessi post because I love his use of parentheses.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

The Newest Glassdoor Review posted:

Nov 3, 2017
"Not the best place to work"

3 out of 5 stars

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee

- Doesn't Recommend
+/- Neutral Outlook
+ CEO

I worked at Cloud Imperium Games full-time

Pros
Good benefits, cool tech, free snacks, neat people to work with

Cons
Lack of communication, unprofessionalism, lack of work/life balance. Not a lot of upward mobility. Drama.

Odd to be negative on the company culture itself yet positive on the CEO, anonymous ex-employee. Who exactly is to blame for that culture you’re rightly down on?

In the words of the boss’s wife as she attempted to redirect praise away from one of her best-loved former employees and towards herself instead, “Well, it filters from the top.”

As for a lack of upward mobility... Look closer, friend:

— The world’s biggest fanboy for a mediocre 90s space pew-pew game went from writing school newsletters to being the “Master of Spaceships” for a $160M budgeted game in just a few years...

— An actress so awkward she still ends up on the cutting room floor of a Malcolmn McDowell film went from low-rent Australian travelogue hosting gigs years back to making huge bucks shooting scenes with bonafide Hollywood talents like Gary Oldman and Gillian Anderson in the blink of an eye...

— A self-professed Lego game reskinner now leads the development efforts of a 400+ person studio creating “the world’s first quadruple A game”...

There’s all kinds of upward mobility at Cloud Imperium Games, provided you’ve got the right kind of talent; namely, being a worshipper or family member of Chris Roberts. Maybe you just didn’t have what he was looking for?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Star Citizen Then To Now 3.0 an emotional journey

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

:siren:TO ALL PEOPLE POSTING IN FRONTIERS SC THREADS::siren:

1. DONT argue with shills who appear every month with 2 bars of rep and get banned 3 weeks later.
Just ignore them.

2. DONT write walls of text, just try to get to the point/points.

The frontier threads went to garbage, they were semi-readable once.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:jackbud:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Next thing:

What do i miss here? Is there a basis for this theorycrafting? Is this ship a jpeg/rendered/in hangar/flyable?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Aegs

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

AutismVaccine posted:

Next thing:

What do i miss here? Is there a basis for this theorycrafting? Is this ship a jpeg/rendered/in hangar/flyable?

Why are shitizens so concerned about prisoners? It seems bizarre.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

(http://www.gamestar.de/artikel/star...30,3321801.html)

What a non-saying POS.

Kommt Update 3.0 im Dezember? (implying title)

In der Sektion über Missionen gibt es zudem einen kleinen Hinweis auf einen möglichen Veröffentlichungstermin.(speculation) Dort heißt es, dass fast alle Missionen fertig implementiert sind und verbleibendes Bugfixing und Polishing in den »verbleibenden Wochen« erfolgen würde.(Conditional II) An einigen zusätzlichen Missionen wird bis Mitte November gearbeitet, was genug Zeit für ausgiebige Tests lassen würde (Conditional II).

Unsere eigene Spekulation geht deshalb derzeit in Richtung einer Veröffentlichung von 3.0 im Dezember.(speculation) Anbieten würde sich der Startschuss für das lang ersehnte Update im Rahmen des Feiertags-Livestreams Ende Dezember.(Conditional II) Der Stream wird sich vorrangig um Squadron 42, die Einzelspielerkampagne von Star Citizen, drehen.(i think they forgot to use Conditional II here) Unsere Quellen (alle Angaben ohne Gewähr!) sprechen übrigens von über 20 Minuten Gameplay - wir dürfen also gespannt sein.(speculation)

Insgesamt - Burndown und die neue Planung zusammengenommen - scheint CIG an vielen Fronten (beispielsweise Fracht oder Missionen) bereits in einem finalen Implementierungsstadium angekommen zu sein, was vielleicht schon in den nächsten Wochen die Einladung weiterer Tester (die vor der endgültigen Veröffentlichung in Wellen erfolgen wird) erlauben könnte.(Conditional II)

-------------------------

Why not write about Santa Claus who will buy out CIG and deliver the game at christmas eve. It doesnt make sense to write an article in Conditional II, why do i need Gamestar for that. Every reddit troll/shill could write the same.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

For my own reference, how may cuils is this

I had to look that up.
Do you mean this? http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Cuil_Theory
:stare:

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Why are shitizens so concerned about prisoners? It seems bizarre.

How else are they supposed to make friends?

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

a well adjusted person posted:

(TekCrow on :reddit:)

I see this like that : it can't be a p2w ... since there is virtually nothing to win. This game is meant to be an enjoyable simulation, so as long as you have fun in your gameplay/style/ship, you win ! And you don't have to pay in real $ for that

Star Citizen: virtually nothing to win.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Beexoffel posted:

I had to look that up.
Do you mean this? http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Cuil_Theory
:stare:

Do we have to be concerned?

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Today's accounting error/mistake.

2.) Balance(s) brought forward.

Here I present extracts from three sets of accounts. Roberts Space Industries International 2015 and 2016 and also the Cloud Imperium Games UK Ltd 2016 (consolidated).

All three sets of accounts break down the balance due to Roberts Space Industries Corporation as at 31 December 2015. They all agree that the balance was £4,120,206 due and that costs charged in the period were £15,310,157. All three differ however in the amounts that were settled and that were brought forward from 2014.

At first glance, this would seem to be of little importance. The CIG 2016 group accounts are actually the same as the RSI 2016. While RSI show a bfwd balance of zero, the CIG set are a consolidated amount of zero and of negative £239,987. Ordinarily when preparing the 2016 accounts the 2015 comparatives would be generated automatically from the previous year. This would suggest that the RSI 2015 is the correct breakdown and both sets of 2016 accounts are wrong.

These related party transaction disclosures are usually edited manually, which to me suggests the accountant here is...perhaps not as attention to detail oriented as they could be. My personal opinion is that if you are charging a client some ~£48,000 for two years of accounts, you don't make basic errors like this. All the client gets to show for your work is 20 sheets of paper, stapled together. So you should always make sure all the sheets are stacked perfectly before and after stapling. You should take a similar level of scrutiny to what is actually printed on the paper.

There is actually a more serious reason this discrepancy and ones like it are annoying and there is a huge "mistake" that is "hidden" here, but I'll revisit this later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Found your new pillows Beet but I don't speak X'ian so don't know where to buy them yet