Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
With ZOE2 coming to PC and VR I might be forced to cave and get that one + Jehuty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
... if you think this one's a bit out of left field, just wait 'till the next MG gets announced:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That one is fuckin 'rad, I was gonna get a Guncannon but that's just over the top enough to make me hold out.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Monaghan posted:

Anubis from zone of the enders. This is kotobukiya's model kit.

Thanks!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
My gunpla dream is to one day convert a MP Guncannon into a police Guncannon so I will probably buy that.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bimmi posted:

... if you think this one's a bit out of left field, just wait 'till the next MG gets announced:

hell yeah

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ok guys, it's time for The Second Ever C-SPAM Gunpla Challenge!!!

Last time we restricted the challenge to a single Gundam kit, but this time we're blowing it wide open. Pick any Gundam kit you like! But stick to the theme! That's right, this time we're doing a theme, and that theme is...

The Nixon Years!

That's right, the tumultuous time from 1968 to 1974. Vietnam, Watergate, Woodstock, the Moon Landing, the inspiration for Gundam modeling is practically endless.

The contest ends January 31st, so don't delay!

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

A question, thread: what are good sniper bots in high grade? Is there like a grunt sniper?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Nebakenezzer posted:

A question, thread: what are good sniper bots in high grade? Is there like a grunt sniper?

GM Sniper II, or GM Sniper K9 if you want a fun Build Fighters variant.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
There's also the Zaku I Sniper:

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
K-9 owns because he can give his sniping gun to a dog

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Neurolimal posted:

K-9 owns because he can give his sniping gun to a dog

You can do that with most guns, just it will lead to a costly visit to the vets.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Would the Thunderbolt Zaku with the Big Gun (sic) count?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm not an animesman, so I didn't know this thread existed. I posted this in the scale model thread and someone pointed me here.

Cojawfee posted:

Is this the place where I can post about gundam robots? I've been watching tested videos they have done some gundams and it looks cool, so I want to do it too. I picked up this guy from amazon:

I have some flush cutters and an x-acto knife. I have some emery boards that are 100/180. Is that good enough for sanding down nubs? Or should I go with a finer grit?

Another question is, what should I do with parts where the really thick sprue goes all the way up to the part? For most of them, there's a really thick sprue, that then goes down to a very thin sprue that attaches to the part. I can just snip that and then trim with an x-acto. But what do I do with the parts where there's no thin sprue? just snip and hope for the best?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The origin Zaku 2 comes with a massive fuckoff sniper rifle

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

TaurusOxford posted:

GM Sniper II, or GM Sniper K9 if you want a fun Build Fighters variant.

I'm not quite sure what "build fighters" is but it's the same grouping as the Hi-mock, so I'm going to say yes.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nebakenezzer posted:

I'm not quite sure what "build fighters" is but it's the same grouping as the Hi-mock, so I'm going to say yes.

It's the Gundam anime about people fighting for fun with model kits, rather than for the fate of humanity with actual giant robots. The K9 comes with a robot dog troop transport!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

I'm not an animesman, so I didn't know this thread existed. I posted this in the scale model thread and someone pointed me here.

Another question is, what should I do with parts where the really thick sprue goes all the way up to the part? For most of them, there's a really thick sprue, that then goes down to a very thin sprue that attaches to the part. I can just snip that and then trim with an x-acto. But what do I do with the parts where there's no thin sprue? just snip and hope for the best?

Could you take a pic? Most parts should be connected only by a thin sprue; you might be looking at an integral piece of the part.

For out-of-box unpainted you want much, much finer sandpaper. However you can do a pretty adequate job just using the X-acto to carefully whittle the nub down until it's level. Emphasis on careful.

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Best way I've found is to cut far away from the gate (without holding or bracing the part), then snipping down the resulting nub a little chunk at a time, holding the part very loosely so the nub doesn't bend under the force, until it's thin enough to do a regular flush cut with a knife. The idea being to put as little bending/compressive stress on where nub meets part, since making larger cuts will put all sorts of fucky pressure on that area and create stress marks. Using a rotary tool to grind it down and finishing with a knife works even better but I can't deal with the incredible mess it creates.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

Could you take a pic? Most parts should be connected only by a thin sprue; you might be looking at an integral piece of the part.

For out-of-box unpainted you want much, much finer sandpaper. However you can do a pretty adequate job just using the X-acto to carefully whittle the nub down until it's level. Emphasis on careful.

For a lot of these small parts, the thick sprue goes right up to the parts.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

For a lot of these small parts, the thick sprue goes right up to the parts.

I see what you mean, where they don't 100% taper down to save on space. Cut somewhere right before the area that starts shrinking, then gently cut it down flat with an X-acto once you can gently hold the piece.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Ah, ok. Thanks!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Ah, ok. Thanks!

No problem, also note that most of those gray pieces compose the inner-frame of the kit, so it won't be all visible (and why they're okay with shortchanging the sprue connectors). IBO kits are pretty good at seam and nub placement, so don't feel too bad if you make make any mistakes (everyone does them! My first was accidentally shaving off a chunk of my HG GM's shield while cutting down a nub :downs:)

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
ty whoever linked the RG Unicorn sale earlier, ty ty. My first RG, finally finished assembly and it's rad as hell. The detail is incredible. I can't believe this thing emerged from those runners. Probably going to take another 2 weeks to put all these tiny tiny stickers on.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Marx Headroom posted:

ty whoever linked the RG Unicorn sale earlier, ty ty. My first RG, finally finished assembly and it's rad as hell. The detail is incredible. I can't believe this thing emerged from those runners. Probably going to take another 2 weeks to put all these tiny tiny stickers on.

With the Unicorn and derivatives especially, you can stop when it looks good. They have a lot of blank space that a little decal breaks up nicely, but they provide way more decals than is (strictly speaking) sane.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nebakenezzer posted:

And Pandora's Box creaks open on another hapless soul's wallet :unsmigghh:.

Look up Gundam Build Fighters episode 1 on youtube, it'll go right to the official Gundam.Info youtube channel.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Neddy Seagoon posted:

And Pandora's Box creaks open on another hapless soul's wallet :unsmigghh:.

Look up Gundam Build Fighters episode 1 on youtube, it'll go right to the official Gundam.Info youtube channel.

I've been browsing the thread and that Eureka 7 mech you have looks cool; you should try to work it into the Nixon admin

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Cojawfee posted:

Ah, ok. Thanks!

Have fun with that Rouei! I really like that model, it's on my wish list. It's a good color scheme, the head is cool, and the club is a nice weapon.

Midjack posted:

With the Unicorn and derivatives especially, you can stop when it looks good. They have a lot of blank space that a little decal breaks up nicely, but they provide way more decals than is (strictly speaking) sane.

Word. I've seen some pictures online that are pretty crazy, maybe even too busy, I guess that's why they say this stuff is more art than science.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Midjack posted:

Don't listen to this man.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Babby's first RG. Holy crap, the clear Trans-Am 00 Raiser is - and I don't say this often, nor take it lightly - absolutely LIT.

Even Godhands left some barely visible nubs on the clear parts and shaving didn't quite fully clear 'em up, but that's okay, because the chrome inner frame basically outshines anything left behind.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
God that's gorgeous. I am such a sucker for clear parts.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

MJP posted:

Babby's first RG. Holy crap, the clear Trans-Am 00 Raiser is - and I don't say this often, nor take it lightly - absolutely LIT.

Even Godhands left some barely visible nubs on the clear parts and shaving didn't quite fully clear 'em up, but that's okay, because the chrome inner frame basically outshines anything left behind.

Bandai’s clear plastic exists to gather marks. Every time they put out an exclusive that’s clear, I’m thankful cause my wallet won’t be hurt by it.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If I had infinite money my first purchase would be the clear version of the MG Sazabi Ver.Ka

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
There was a clear Thunderbolt FA ver ka in Gundam Base in the coming soon section and it looks absolutely amazing.

Also clear RG Sinanju.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Taintrunner posted:

ZOE2 coming to PC
what

Explain.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYnx8DMwtWM

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Help, I can't stop cumming

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

what

Explain.

Simple explanation: since we're never going to get ZOE3 at this point, they might as well make like the White Album and have people buy a new copy with every new medium that becomes big :-(

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MJP posted:

Simple explanation: since we're never going to get ZOE3 at this point, they might as well make like the White Album and have people buy a new copy with every new medium that becomes big :-(

They're remaking it for 4K HD on PS4, so there's no reason not to go for a PC version too :shrug:. It's also a game that really deserves a bigger audience than it got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Can anyone tell me what the cannon difference is between normal EW wing kits and the Kai p Bandai kits? I know they're differently colored kits than the normal version, I just don't know where those other colors come from.

Personally I think they're way better colors than the normal version but I'd hate to buy it and find out their some random Manga alternate color backpage foldout and that's it.

Yawgmoft fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 5, 2017