Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

We won't win another game this season

Surely one of these guys will beat SoW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
My muscles are sore everywhere. Wanna stay in bed and Netflix all day but we got work to do.

I thought last nights date went okay. She brought good energy and positivity and passion even though she’s got phd midterms this week. I walked her home and we smooched a bit but she didn’t seem enthusiastic about a second date. Who knows??? :shobon:

I think I’m gonna cook red Thai curry today.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

Surely one of these guys will beat SoW.

where am I

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
What did Mark Cuban do or say that has twitter a buzz right now?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

swickles posted:

He's funding antifa supersoldiers

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's actually draymond green saying owners shouldn't be called as such because it invokes slavery and cuban called him a dummy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

swickles posted:

Basically ripping Draymond and saying that owning a sports franchise isn't like slavery.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

a neat cape posted:

Basically ripping Draymond and saying that owning a sports franchise isn't like slavery.

Of course they're different. Slavery at least produced useful agricultural products.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Now seems like a good time to quit and go into mountains forever. Nobody is looking!!!

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I stayed up pretty much all night watching season 2 of The Great British Bake Off

I loving love the Great British Bake Off.

I don't know why I haven't gone back and watched the earlier seasons since I only started with the 5th series.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Is this spawn of Ungoliant into me?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Skwirl posted:

Of course they're different. Slavery at least produced useful agricultural products.

True, and also slavery didn't make its labor multimillionaires either, so it's probably not a good comparison afterall

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Its Rinaldo posted:

Is this spawn of Ungoliant into me?

you're not into her? she's got legs for days

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I am putting together a grill today

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Uterine Lineup posted:

I loving love the Great British Bake Off.

I don't know why I haven't gone back and watched the earlier seasons since I only started with the 5th series.

This is my secret favorite show. I've seen Season 5&6 and then I went back to season 1. It's weird having a reality show where people are nice and normal and help each other out occasionally.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I stayed up pretty much all night watching season 2 of The Great British Bake Off

They lost everyone but Paul Hollywood this season and the show is still good as hell.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I do want to see this season, I love Noel Fielding

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah the green poo poo is stupid. You literally get rocketed into the top .1% of society in terms of fiscal ability.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Neil Armbong posted:

New Mario is fun as hell. Being able to warg into some enemies/items is fun.

I can't decide between Mario Odyssey or SoW, so I'm just gonna say screw it and get both :v:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Got tickets to go see Thor in a couple hours.

I've watched a little of that british bakeoff - I think I watched a celebrity bakeoff with Mitchell (from Mitchell and Webb) that was pretty funny? Seems like a solid show.

Been watching a kind of hosed up British show on Netflix called Toast of London. It stars Matt Berry (from The IT Crowd) as a bit actor working random jobs & voiceovers. Simultaneously silly, borderline offensive, and occasionally poignant. I'm still not quite sure what to make of it.

Has anyone watched Vikings? Is it worthwhile? What I've seen of the advertising for it made me think it's basically a soap opera, but with vikings, and that does not appeal, but maybe I've got it wrong. I mean I'm basically highly inclined to watch a show featuring vikings, so it just needs to not be super cheesy and bad.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I have decided I'm going to attempt to be stupidly nice and understanding for the rest of the month in my life. That extends to SA as well so if I sound like I'm heavily medicated and out of the ordinary that's why.

I'll probably only last the weekend but we'll see.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Vikings is good, not great, and tries to stick to history even if it's dramaticized. I'm not an expert of that era but it feels like they spent a lot of time on the little details. The dialogue and fighting can be uneven but it's definitely worth a shot if you are interested in the time period at all.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

30 Seconds Max Effort Assault Bike

1 minute rest

1 Minute Max effort clean and jerks (135#)

2 minute rest

3 rounds
12 Pistol squats
9 Burpee Box Jump Overs
6 Alternating DB Snatch (80#)

5 Minute Rest

5 rounds of all of that

I want to loving die.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
^ I freaking haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate pistol squats

Leperflesh posted:

Has anyone watched Vikings? Is it worthwhile? What I've seen of the advertising for it made me think it's basically a soap opera, but with vikings, and that does not appeal, but maybe I've got it wrong. I mean I'm basically highly inclined to watch a show featuring vikings, so it just needs to not be super cheesy and bad.

Personally have not seen it, but my brother who loves Thrones said it was excellent fwiw

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Went to start my bike and the battery was flat.......whoops.......

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

I liked the first season, but I'm bad at watching shows so for no particular reason I stopped watching so I don't have any opinion past that.

Yeah I'd agree it tries to be kinda true to history to at least some extent.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

weird Asian candy posted:

^ I freaking haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate pistol squats

Personally have not seen it, but my brother who loves Thrones said it was excellent fwiw

Yeah its definitely comparable to the first 3 seasons of GoT. The show has a lot of politicking and characterization.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hmm. Might be something to watch with the wife, then. Thanks for the reviews.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

FizFashizzle posted:

30 Seconds Max Effort Assault Bike

1 minute rest

1 Minute Max effort clean and jerks (135#)

2 minute rest

3 rounds
12 Pistol squats
9 Burpee Box Jump Overs
6 Alternating DB Snatch (80#)

5 Minute Rest

5 rounds of all of that

I want to loving die.

I was finally able to get back to the gym after hurting my back.

Feels good to wake up in the morning and feel my glutes sore from doing squats again.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Wait, was that the live Philly show? I just listened to that and the only guest I heard was the Dem nominee for a Pennsylvania congressional district. Something Houlahan. I want to say Hot Lips, but I don't think that's right.

No DC. We also gave Sally Yates a standing ovation and Lovett asked the crowd what each one of us was doing to help in the VA election on Tuesday.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I have decided I'm going to attempt to be stupidly nice and understanding for the rest of the month in my life. That extends to SA as well so if I sound like I'm heavily medicated and out of the ordinary that's why.

I'll probably only last the weekend but we'll see.

I think this is a really thoughtful thing to try and accomplish. I'll be rooting for you to succeed. :)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Leperflesh posted:

Hmm. Might be something to watch with the wife, then. Thanks for the reviews.

The wife should like Ragnar at the least, he's a looker.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Quinnipiac called me to poll me about the VA governor's election. I did my part to relay that as a godless leftist who distrusts the DNC I'll still be voting for Northam because I'm not a moron.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

gonna be lunch today

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

gonna be lunch today

Missed Sandwich Montoya opportunity here.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'm too depressed to work today, and I sure as hell ain't working on Sunday, so I'm gonna cheer myself up with Wolfenstein and hope things don't go to poo poo on Monday

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
^^I'd eat the hell outta that

Today the rock took my blood so I must beat every rock

Also children are goddamn spider monkeys who were tackling really hard routes no problem

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
We live in the stupidest time

https://twitter.com/SeanMcElwee/status/926880272557232128

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wait you mean you guys aren't driving around in a van using sound amplifiers to find houses playing Fox News to pillage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Maybe I'm not suitably woke but I don't understand the problem with calling them team owners. They own the team. No one would care if it were some private business with like 40 employees that did plumbing or whatever

Although technically they're the face of an ownership group more times than not so blah blah

e: And obviously when i say they own the team I don't mean they own the players, I mean they own the intellectual rights, the name, the spot in the league, etc

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 4, 2017

• Locked thread