Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
voltroon
Apr 29, 2009
Guys, I've been sharpening my knives all morning but I haven't gotten the call to action over my antifa mind control chip! What gives? Could right wing twitter have misled me?

e: I may be an anarchist super soldier but I still believe in taxes

voltroon fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

voltroon posted:

Guys, I've been sharpening my knives all morning but I haven't gotten the call to action over my antifa mind control chip! What gives? Could right wing twitter have misled me?

*extremely number station tone*

Eight

Six

Seven

Five

Three

Zero

Nine

Go in good health, comrade

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Guys my super soakers are all prepared but it's raining outside I don't think this was a good plan.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzH1iaKVsBM&t=24s

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Nobody told me the uprising would be fabulous. :colbert:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
Today's New York Times does not contain the usual antifa marching orders. Perhaps my decoder pad is out of date? Have I been left out of the glorious revolution? :ohdear:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

poo poo I just realized a potential problem. The banks feature prominently in our plans to overthrow the government and businesses right?

Well then how are we supposed to deposit our Soros checks?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
So I wanted to make my case that we are seeing play out at present with the November 4th meme is a natural human behavior that has been occurring in online communities for some time. (There have been some objections to my using my experiences in the Otherkin community as a reference to current events.) So I went and tracked down some videos that will illustrate this point nicely.

These videos are from one of the early pioneers of conspiracy media and basically the direct prototype of the modern magaCHUD- a Canadian gentlemen by the name of Sean Kennedy. (There used to be a Goontv channel of some sort that broadcast these episodes back in the day.) Sean is a great example of a person with a Cluster-B personality disorder that has cast himself as a Narrativist leader. Sean labeled himself "The loving Man" and tried to create a pseudo-religious group of followers he called "wogs". Sean supported this effort extensively with a variety of media productions, of which Patrolling is (for many reasons) by far the best.

Sean believed in a coming war between wogs and the "corpoliticals" and most of Patrolling is actually designed to be a how-to instructional guide for preparing for and fighting the coming rebellion. While I could spend all day dissecting the entire series I want to highlight two specific things here.

In this first video Sean is trespassinginvestigating a possible source of occult activity in his area. Note the combination of tacticlol gear, self-contradictory beliefs that are composed of a mishmash of popular media, and the conviction that he must conduct paramilitary operations against a vaguely defined Enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBB4IeeBAQY

This entire second episode is devoted to "Operation Ghost Dance", Sean Kennedy's own personal attempt to trigger some sort of world changing event. Mr "I am a wog and wogs are perfectly logical beings that evaluate everything objectively and without emotional attachment" Sean Kennedy wanders around asking various experts about his idea to get a bunch of people to all do drugs and meditate at the same time while listening to a mixtape he made of ideas he got from a fake MKULTRA manual. And by "consulting experts" I mean asking local pagan shop owners and friends of his who look like they work at comic book stores. (Hint, they actually did.) This video shows the constant compulsion to make the world change in a big dramatic way (and to set a date for the change) that extremist echobox's inevitably create.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_MwcwMzLIg

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 4, 2017

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Shifty Pony posted:

poo poo I just realized a potential problem. The banks feature prominently in our plans to overthrow the government and businesses right?

Credit unions. :eng101:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Shifty Pony posted:

You mean you're not using (((SorosCoin)))?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Not even a day and the joke feels a little stale.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shifty Pony posted:

The local co op does check cashing, comrade.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Shifty Pony posted:

Just opt for the SorosCard instead of the checks

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

cochise posted:

So has the antifa revolution started?

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/926840086393696256

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
guys angel wings sprouted from my back what do I do

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Boris Galerkin posted:

guys angel wings sprouted from my back what do I do

Fly around beheading white parents, duh

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Prester Jane posted:

So I wanted to make my case that we are seeing play out at present with the November 4th meme is a natural human behavior that has been occurring in online communities for some time. (There have been some objections to my using my experiences in the Otherkin community as a reference to current events.) So I went and tracked down some videos that will illustrate this point nicely.

To be honest with you PJ, I doubt anything that you put forward will persuade those who have most vocally opposed your posts. It's not that they're objecting to you talking about your experiences, but that they've tossed out your entire collection of ideas and will refuse to see things your way no matter how you frame it.

Harpsychord
Jan 13, 2008

Crow Jane posted:

Fly around beheading white parents, duh

While calling it 'The Rapture'

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Shbobdb posted:

Isn't guccifer the demon that was supposedly inhabiting some mentally I'll goon? They thought they were other in, it related to the dude who thought he was a dragon. It turned out he had some weird sexual hang ups and the demon was a manifestation of that.

Lucifer Gucifer aka Luci Guci. Didn't seem to do much except call the goon a fag (I guess this was before calling people cucks was a thing). I think of this every drat time.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

what is a cluster b disorder asking for a friend

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe
*sips chardonnay out of a white parents' skull*

^^^^^^^^^
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluster_B_personality_disorders

quote:

The British National Health Service has described those with this disorder as someone who, "struggles to relate to others. As a result, they show patterns of behaviour most would regard as dramatic, erratic and threatening or disturbing."

KickerOfMice fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 4, 2017

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Arglebargle III posted:

what is a cluster b disorder asking for a friend

Excuse me, that should read "cluster-B personality disorder". I'll go edit that.

Edit: wait no I had it right the first time.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

There Bias Two posted:

To be honest with you PJ, I doubt anything that you put forward will persuade those who have most vocally opposed your posts. It's not that they're objecting to you talking about your experiences, but that they've tossed out your entire collection of ideas and will refuse to see things your way no matter how you frame it.

The last video she posted is hosted by a guy who believes in something called “sacred geometry” and gives examples such as the Great Pyramids being one. He says there’s a lot of religious symbols that are actually like circuits that concentrate or redirect “energies we don’t understand.”

But sure, let her keep posting this poo poo here.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

What are we supposed to be learning from... whatever that is.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Boris Galerkin posted:

The last video she posted is hosted by a guy who believes in something called “sacred geometry” and gives examples such as the Great Pyramids being one. He says there’s a lot of religious symbols that are actually like circuits that concentrate or redirect “energies we don’t understand.”

The kids are calling it "meme magic" these days but its the same basic delusion: I can force reality to conform to my will by speaking my intent forcefully enough.

beejay posted:

That what is playing out right now is a naturally occurring Internet-enabled phenomenon that has been weaponized by political and business interests in the modern age. With Sean Kennedy you are seeing this phenomenon in a much more raw state so that it is easier to recognize what is happening now that the "corpoliticals" actually are manipulating the masses.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Nov 4, 2017

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

beejay posted:

I'm going to hazard a guess.

Prester Jane posted:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

prester jane, like her sorta namesake, isn't real.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

KickerOfMice posted:

I'm going to hazard a guess.

Oh ok I thought there was something more to it than "nutjobs exist, here's one."

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Prester Jane posted:

The kids are calling it "meme magic" these days but its the same basic delusion: I can force reality to conform to my will by speaking my intent forcefully enough.

That sounds like The Secret.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://mobile.twitter.com/APCentralRegion/status/926405458574880773

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

There Bias Two posted:

AKA total bullshit backed up by the flimsiest of pseudo-science.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

I poo poo you not, the first time I glanced at that my mind somehow processed it as "#Wisconsin legislators approve bill that would make it legal to hunt toddlers with guns."

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

beejay posted:

Oh ok I thought there was something more to it than "nutjobs exist, here's one."

It's more, as understand it: nutjobs are running the far right, and they work the same way as this guy, but about politics, so it's worth caring and learning about, because they can and have already hosed things up for us as a society

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
So Prester Jane: Your point by repeatedly quoting predictions of violence on November 4th is not to make an actual, measurable prediction of violence that can be verified in the world, but you are using these predictions as evidence for your assertions about unchanging human nature. That nature being people are crazy group-thinkers who avoid reality. Am I getting this right?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

There Bias Two posted:

The Secret is basically a mass-marketable version of the philosophy of snake-oil saleswoman "Abraham" Hicks. As in Abraham Hicks was originally interviewed for and involved in the movie version of The Secret but was later cut out of the project because well she is a psycho cult-leader. Basically her gimmick is selling this idea of sympathetic magic to privileged white folk who aren't quite HENRY'S but really really really really want to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-t3glvdZzo

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Delthalaz posted:

So Prester Jane: Your point by repeatedly quoting predictions of violence on November 4th is not to make an actual, measurable prediction of violence that can be verified in the world, but you are using these predictions as evidence for your assertions about unchanging human nature. That nature being people are crazy group-thinkers who avoid reality. Am I getting this right?

Explaining how extremists think and how the process of radicalization functions is not making predictions. I am providing analysis, not prophecy. Thanks for playing.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I would just like to remind everyone that Wisconsin residents have no control over their legislature.

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Next up: Hunting toddlers with guns

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KickerOfMice posted:

I poo poo you not, the first time I glanced at that my mind somehow processed it as "#Wisconsin legislators approve bill that would make it legal to hunt toddlers with guns."

It doesn't state what toddlers can't hunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

Prester Jane posted:

Explaining how extremists think and how the process of radicalization functions is not making predictions. I am providing analysis, not prophecy. Thanks for playing.

Sorry, I guess I was mistakenly under the impression that your posts were relevant to the topic of the thread and didn't seem better suited to a threat titled "Decoding Authoritarians: A Schizophrenic explains crazy people."

• Locked thread